Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ultimate warrior hall of fame

Question ultimate warrior hall of fame

credit wrestling observer newsletter

There's speculation that The Ultimate Warrior may be inducted into the 2014 WWE Hall of Fame class, now that he's buried the hatchet with WWE and Vince McMahon.

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

Default Re: ultimate warrior hall of fame

He deserves to go in but this just highlights the fact that Mach Man still isn't in.

Shout out to Bender for the Bad Ass Bad News Banner!

Banned

My first favorite! Its about damn time!

I'm still going the I'll believe it when I see it route. Being involved in a video game and going int the HOF are 2 completely different things. Savage did the video game spots for WWE and still isn't in and Warrior is absolutely difficult to work with. Even if its announce I won't believe it until he comes out on stage for his speech

I am not threatened by any man whose name is three letters.

- Damien Sandow
    in response to RVD's return

If UW does get in I wanna see him in full character.

Thank you HAYZE!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    If UW does get in I wanna see him in full character.
    And when the planets from the grimlap system align, THEN I WILL SURVIVE!!!-Chris Jericho inpersonating Warrior.

Still the funniest shit.

I actually spoke to Warrior last year. He told me that he'd be willing to do the HOF, and even appearances if WWE releases a proper DVD and "rights their wrongs"

I've said it before. Warrior is the last legend, who's still alive, that will still be a HUGE impact in the HOF.

I think they should do another DVD , though it'll be tough to see the interviews they do after that last one where everyone was pretty much dissing him the whole time.

Jericho spoke okay about him, but most of the guys he actually worked with just shit on him the whole way through.

Quote Originally Posted by BadNewsFan View Post
    He deserves to go in but this just highlights the fact that Mach Man still isn't in.
    They want to put Macho in, though. They just can't because Lanny won't cooperate.

I remember I loved the Ultimate Warrior when I was a kid, everything about him was larger than life and awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    They want to put Macho in, though. They just can't because Lanny won't cooperate.
    Is he still wanting to go in too?

Like is he giving them a put us both in ultimatum?

Is he still wanting to go in too?

Like is he giving them a put us both in ultimatum?
    Those are the rumors. However, who is to say that is really true.

surrender

They're not rumours. Lanny is on record. I remember him spouting some nonsense about being offended that the WWE considered the von Erich's better than the Poffo's (uh, they are Lanny), and basically saying WWE could do it with just Savage but that Lanny wouldn't accept it.

Lanny Poffo is a useless big-headed prick who thinks he has some kind of legacy in the wrestling world by leeching off the talent and success of his brother. Fuck him.

Can someone explain to me how a family has any rights in a lawsuit against a company looking to honor a deceased family member? I do not understand how Poffo or Owen's wife have any say about a HOF induction. Its a reward for being great at your craft. Just do see how legally they have any say when it only puts the recipient in a positive light.

I am not threatened by any man whose name is three letters.

- Damien Sandow
    in response to RVD's return

Quote Originally Posted by Bang Bang View Post
    Can someone explain to me how a family has any rights in a lawsuit against a company looking to honor a deceased family member? I do not understand how Poffo or Owen's wife have any say about a HOF induction. Its a reward for being great at your craft. Just do see how legally they have any say when it only puts the recipient in a positive light.
    Martha and WWE were in a long legal tangle that finally ended a few months ago with WWE now allowed to induct him into the Hall of Fame. He will probably go in this year. It all comes down to legal ownership of name and likeness. McMahon always had use of Savage's rights I think but he won't put Savage in there without Lanny's permission, because a) it isn't very nice, b) apparently Savage also wished for the family to go in together.

Savage's wish was for his entire family to go in with him so even if Lanny is not worth it would be disrespectful for them to ignore his wish only because he is dead.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Is there proof that Randy said he would not go in without Lanny, or are we only going by Lanny saying that?

And I think like someone already said, Martha owns the rights to Owen's likeness, name, estate, etc.

If it really was Randy's wish then fuck it put Lanny in...if it means we'll get Savage in finally, just do it.

Just don't televise Lanny's and (I'm sure they wouldn't anyway) and allow Savage's induction to be the main event which it deserves.

Too bad Elizabeth is dead and I think Sherri is dead too, because they both would have been ideal to induct him.

And with Hogan forever on his shit list since I don't believe they ever patched things up before Savage's death, then how about Warrior inducting him on the same night he goes in, I'm pretty sure they were on good terms, and they'll be forever linked because of their classic match at WM 7.

So how about Warrior inducting Savage after his own induction?

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    They're not rumours. Lanny is on record. I remember him spouting some nonsense about being offended that the WWE considered the von Erich's better than the Poffo's (uh, they are Lanny), and basically saying WWE could do it with just Savage but that Lanny wouldn't accept it.

Lanny Poffo is a useless big-headed prick who thinks he has some kind of legacy in the wrestling world by leeching off the talent and success of his brother. Fuck him.
    Oh, okay, I wasn't sure.

If it really was Randy's wish then fuck it put Lanny in...if it means we'll get Savage in finally, just do it.

Just don't televise Lanny's and (I'm sure they wouldn't anyway) and allow Savage's induction to be the main event which it deserves.

Too bad Elizabeth is dead and I think Sherri is dead too, because they both would have been ideal to induct him.

And with Hogan forever on his shit list since I don't believe they ever patched things up before Savage's death, then how about Warrior inducting him on the same night he goes in, I'm pretty sure they were on good terms, and they'll be forever linked because of their classic match at WM 7.

So how about Warrior inducting Savage after his own induction?
    If Savage is inducted, he is inducted with his family. Not seperate, so when it is Savage's induction, it is also Lanny's. It is like when they inducted the Von Erich's.

surrender

Yeah Savage also wanted his father inducted.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Ooh..well that would suck because Savage deserves his own spotlight, not sharing it with his family especially his lame brother, who doesn't deserve to be in anyway.

savage and his dad are true legends so i have no problems there but the frikkin Genius???

does not pass the koko b. ware standard of "good enough".

warrior finally going in is awesome. though im sure there will be many holding their breath in the company when its time to give his speach
    "Everyone back to my trailer for pot pies and mountain dew" - Kevin Nash

Say what you will about the guy, but the wrestler was damn entertaining, even if his match quality wasn't the best. And he had one of the best WM Main Events ever, a match that really should have bombed hard but somehow didn't.

"I am Ultimate Warrior. You are the ultimate warrior fans. And the spirit of Ultimate Warrior will run forever"
    R.I.P. Warrior

Randy Savage isn't in the WWE Hall Of Fame because his family is saying that WWE has to induct Anglo Poffo (Randy & Lanny's father) along with Randy or its a no go. WWE doesn't seem to want to induct Anglo.

Banned

Warrior should induct savage next year after warrior goes in and co headliner Owen Hart with HHH doing the induction

Thread Information