Thread: Idea for WWE Network show...thoughts?

Default Idea for WWE Network show...thoughts?

First time making a thread, so I appologize if it should be moved somewhere else (and feel free to do so if needed)

I was watching Raw tonight and saw the outstanding Wyatt Family video package. These little 1 or 2 minute awesome video packages are something the WWE usually always delivers on. Shawn Michaels even made a reference of the kid at WWE that does them during his retirement speech. But, I started thinking how difficult it must be to put one together (what sound bites to use, what footage to show, the timing with the music...just everything), and how much of a process that must be from brainstorming to final editing. What if WWE Network had a weekly 30 minute show giving access to that side of things? One episode might be how that kid (sorry, can't remember his name) goes about creating a video package. Another could be showing the traveling crew and how they go about setting up and tearing down the ring and huge stage set so fast (I stuck around a few weeks ago when I attended Raw and almost immediately after Justin Roberts thanked the crowd for coming it was almost all the way taken apart....really unbelievable to sit and watch how fast they do it). Another episode I would like to see is an episode of Raw from the production truck as I have always loved watching the ESPN "This is Sportscenter" special they do every year where they show an episode with all the behind the scenes scrambling that is done during commercial breaks and the directors giving all the camera commands and whatnot. The last one that I would LOVE to see would be following Vince through an episode of Raw. Everyone always says he is in total control of the whole show from the gorilla position, I would just love to see how he operates during a live broadcast. Again, not sure if anyone else would want to see it, but I love seeing as much behind the scenes stuff as possible. Any random thoughts on if you think it would work, or maybe any ideas for an episode you would like to see?

Default Re: Idea for WWE Network show...thoughts?

Sounds cool. I'd watch it.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

This sounds like a really good idea. I would watch it for sure.

surrender

I think it would take a bit too much away from what little bit of kayfabe is left. I dont want to see Vince walking around backstage going over things and see AJ and Dolph hanging out on their phones, or Cody and Damien talking about something involving their feud.

Credit to Bender for the awesome sig and av.
    Spoiler

WWE Network has to come to fruition first.

Quote Originally Posted by Kara View Post
    I think it would take a bit too much away from what little bit of kayfabe is left. I dont want to see Vince walking around backstage going over things and see AJ and Dolph hanging out on their phones, or Cody and Damien talking about something involving their feud.
    This is a fair point and something that I thought about too, showing TOO much. But at the same time, that sort of footage always seems to pop up on the documentary portion of superstar DVDs anyway, to an extent. I think that with a few hours worth of footage and editing it down to a half hour show, they could cover up a few things they thought would be going TOO far (like Vince feeding certain lines to the commentators for example, or the argument between HHH and DB), while still letting the viewers believe they are seeing everything. As for your Cody and Damien example, I totally agree. I wouldn't want to see them backstage laying out ideas for a match while they are in the middle of a TV feud. I would want it more focused on the things backstage you never get to see as far as the actual production of the show, instead of so much the superstars themselves backstage. Great comment, I appreciate the feedback!

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

I can dig it.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

It's about how much do you want the people to see about what's behind the cu
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKzmSQ49oWk
    The Master Builder - Jakob22, Presents - My Sins -

They're already presumably showing us a lot of what's behind the curtain with Total Divas, though.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Thread Information