Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christian

Default Christian

okay well it's pretty much established that Christian will be a hall of famer. but what i've
    been wondering how will his career end? does anyone think he could win the world title one more time?
    I could see them putting the strap on him one last time before he retires. WWE title is out of the
    question though. Even if he doesn't win a major title again, how will his career be remembered?

Default Re: Christian

Quote Originally Posted by auty420 View Post
    okay well it's pretty much established that Christian will be a hall of famer. but what i've
    been wondering how will his career end? does anyone think he could win the world title one more time?
    I could see them putting the strap on him one last time before he retires. WWE title is out of the
    question though. Even if he doesn't win a major title again, how will his career be remembered?
    In WWE he will be remember as a very good wrestler who never had the faith of the monkeys that run WWE. While in TNA Christian was booked as a threat had the support of the company and lots of good matches.

Christian will be remembered more fondly by Internet guys like those of us than the casual fan. He never really reached his full potential in WWE and he will likely not be highlighted as much as someone like Edge is. I don't really see him winning the World Heavyweight Championship again in his career. If anything I could see him quietly retiring without a whole lot of fanfare.

-Fresh Prince-
    Chief Ass Whooper of Sorry Sons of Bitches! - Stone Cold Steve Austin

Banned

Hall of Fame? Not to me. He could get the big gold belt again but it would mean just as little as it did the first 2 times he had it for a weekend. He's a good midcard guy, decent in the ring and decent on the mic but he just doesn't have IT. And if he doesn't by now, he never will.

All We Have is Right Now The Champ's Avatar

There's no doubt that he will be a Hall of Famer. He might not meet your standards, but WWE's standards are pretty low, and Christian has accomplished a lot more than many people who are already in there.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by Repperton View Post
    Hall of Fame? Not to me. He could get the big gold belt again but it would mean just as little as it did the first 2 times he had it for a weekend. He's a good midcard guy, decent in the ring and decent on the mic but he just doesn't have IT. And if he doesn't by now, he never will.
    Have you seen some of the people in the Hall? Of course he'll be in.

Even as shittily booked as he was during that WHC feud he was still responsible for probably what are Orton's best matches ever.

Oh, and there's that whole being in one of the GOAT tag teams too.

What is IT, though? In most cases, it's charisma, and he has that in droves. He has talent. What he doesn't have is size. Too small to be a heavyweight, too big to a cruiserweight. But that doesn't mean that he isn't deserving of strong booking.

Yes, Christian will no doubt be a WWE Hall of Famer. He was in a great tag team(E&C), won multiple midcard titles, and is a 2x WHC.

surrender

Banned

I guess I can see Christian going in if he dies. I mean he doesn't even have a WWE DVD about him. Sorry guys, I just don't see him being a midcard guy for 20 years really being HOF worthy. Of course I don't make those calls so I can't say for sure but I'm pretty positive I'm not the only guy who's never seen more than an IC champ for life.

All We Have is Right Now The Champ's Avatar

You don't have to be a World Champ to get in, though (besides the fact that he already has been, twice).

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Save Us

If Koko B Ware can make the Hall, Christian sure deserves to be in. But it's not like a normal sports honor, where writers vote and there are some standards. It's basically Vince picking someone, and they're in. But let's pretend there are standards. I think Christian gets in as a member of one of the best tag teams ever, but not individually. Like a guy who is in a band that makes the Rock and Roll HOF but only the lead singer (Edge) also makes it by himself.
    "I'd like to apologize to the people. I've bet on wrestling." Bobby "The Brain" Heenan
    PSN ID: Jessd76

Currently playing:
    Gran Turismo 6
    Grand Theft Auto V
    Call of Duty: Ghosts

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    You don't have to be a World Champ to get in, though (besides the fact that he already has been, twice).
    True but let's not pretend those charity wins as a thank you to Edge really meant anything. He was never booked as dominant over anyone in the main event scene and it was a failure. I think a big issue is that other than new tshirts, he's been the same dude since 2004. No evolution of character is a problem I think. No new finisher or theme music or change in attitude except for a really bad attempt as a main event heel for a minute. People want to cheer for him though but he's not good enough in my eyes to credibly beat anyone important fairly. I don't know. Maybe I'm over thinking it but he just doesn't compel me to watch anything he does and hasn't. Ever. Except the feud with the Hardys that surely was more than just him. Oh and that initial jump to Smackdown that one time. I did think maybe this change to a new show will give him something to work with. It didn't.

To me he's like another Jeff Jarrett. Probably better but I put him in that kind of group.
    Spoiler

True but let's not pretend those charity wins as a thank you to Edge really meant anything. He was never booked as dominant over anyone in the main event scene and it was a failure. I think a big issue is that other than new tshirts, he's been the same dude since 2004. No evolution of character is a problem I think. No new finisher or theme music or change in attitude except for a really bad attempt as a main event heel for a minute. People want to cheer for him though but he's not good enough in my eyes to credibly beat anyone important fairly. I don't know. Maybe I'm over thinking it but he just doesn't compel me to watch anything he does and hasn't. Ever. Except the feud with the Hardys that surely was more than just him. Oh and that initial jump to Smackdown that one time. I did think maybe this change to a new show will give him something to work with. It didn't.
    Were you not watching in 2004/2005 when he was a tweener and over as fuck? I understand his most recent run hasn't been stellar, but anyone who was watching back then and also watched his time in TNA knows that Christian is legit. The WWE has just refused to book him well, which is a shame.

Some people might not like this comparison, but Christian was to 2005 what CM Punk was to 2011 (a sort of CM Punk lite). He was incredibly over with the adult male audience and he was primed to be the "cool and edgier" alternative to John Cena on Raw, a role that only Edge, Punk, and perhaps Orton have filled in the past like 7 years. Christian could've been the first though. The difference is that Christian never got his shot, and he didn't have a pipebomb to set things into high gear (without that promo the past 2 years of the WWE would have been so so SOOO different). That's why everyone was so on edge for that Punk/Cena match at MitB, because if Cena had won and Punk left the company it wouldn't have been unprecedented. It would have pissed everyone off, but it basically would have been what happened to Christian turned up to 11, with the WWE closing their eyes (get it?) and sticking to Cena while a potential star walks.
    Banner Credit: Stefan_MK1

Banned

He proved that he can be a mainevent wrestler in tna. So yeah. He does have IT.

World's Largest Member Lionhart's Avatar

Yeah, I definitely see a Henry-esque retirement. Except, you know, without the swerve.

It will come pretty suddenly. I don't even think he'll get a WM or PPV retirement, considering we're going to have quite a few of those over the next couple years.

He will make the Hall of Fame though. Don't doubt that for a second.

Spoiler

Plus the fact that the hall of fame usually inducts like 5-6 people each year into it from anywhere pretty much mean that the hall of fame isn't really THAT high on standards and they want to honor as much wrestlers as they can from a lot of eras.

PW Tag Team Champion!! HilaryFan's Avatar

He was in one of the greatest tag teams of all time. He deserves to be HOF for that alone

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

Speaking of tag teams why not pair Christian up with Sheamus? The Tag Team division has seen a resurgence so why not add another tag team of two fan favorites.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...m-title-threat

It's not a bad idea at all.

That sounds awful really.

They should just be doing the Christian vs Dean Ambrose feud for the US title properly.

Quote Originally Posted by HR View Post
    That sounds awful really.

They should just be doing the Christian vs Dean Ambrose feud for the US title properly.
    So Christian can just lose more? At least by pairing up with Sheamus they will be booked strong. And by teaming up for many months and having success they can do the breakup by WM 30 and have a built up match.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shivari View Post
    Were you not watching in 2004/2005 when he was a tweener and over as fuck? I understand his most recent run hasn't been stellar, but anyone who was watching back then and also watched his time in TNA knows that Christian is legit. The WWE has just refused to book him well, which is a shame.

Some people might not like this comparison, but Christian was to 2005 what CM Punk was to 2011 (a sort of CM Punk lite). He was incredibly over with the adult male audience and he was primed to be the "cool and edgier" alternative to John Cena on Raw, a role that only Edge, Punk, and perhaps Orton have filled in the past like 7 years. Christian could've been the first though. The difference is that Christian never got his shot, and he didn't have a pipebomb to set things into high gear (without that promo the past 2 years of the WWE would have been so so SOOO different). That's why everyone was so on edge for that Punk/Cena match at MitB, because if Cena had won and Punk left the company it wouldn't have been unprecedented. It would have pissed everyone off, but it basically would have been what happened to Christian turned up to 11, with the WWE closing their eyes (get it?) and sticking to Cena while a potential star walks.
    In 2004 he had a very brief window to do something that mattered and just couldn't do it for whatever reason. I was very tuned in at that point and was hoping for more from him as well. But, for whatever reason, he didn't make it happen. The fans never demanded it either or he'd have stayed strong. He's been that same bland shit ever since and if Christian would have been put in the Cena spot he'd have sunk the company. I get it, some people think he's the best ever but nothing he's ever done that I've seen makes me believe that.

Any comparison to CM Punk however is ridiculous. Punk could blow his nose and have more talent end up on the Kleenex than Christian has shown since his return.

To casuals he will go down as mediocre with some good career highlights. To probably the wrestlers and 90% of the more involved fans that are on forums ect he will go down as a top draw performer, one of the best sellers and bumpers in the ring who could have a good match with pretty much anyone but just wasn't able to properly break the glass ceiling even though a window was opened for him for a solid 4 months even though he probably deserved to on ability alone he just couldn't get the momentum from the fans required.

Except for in 2005 but Vince but a good stop to that before it went anywhere and he became the top boy in TNA and had an excellent run there IMO.

At last, you're on your own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In all seriousness, the dude is only in the 'E now as talent enhancement.
    - Winner of the World Cup 2014 Sweeps -

I think Christian deserves to be in the HOF for his tag-team work but like Repperton don't really rate him as a singles wrestler. His world title reigns had more to do with Edge's retirement than his own strengths. I think he's a decent midcarder and a good enough worker but he doesn't really have that special spark that separates him from the rest.

Thread Information