Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chris Sabin: The NEW TNA Champion.

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

Default Chris Sabin: The NEW TNA Champion.

As you probably saw on Impact this week, we have a NEW TNA Heavyweight Champion.

http://www.impactwrestling.com/news/...on-Chris-Sabin

What are your thoughts?
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

Default Re: Chris Sabin: The NEW TNA Champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lony View Post
    Maybe Chris Sabin holds on to the TNA heavyweight title until Bound For Glory (I don't think he will but you never know) and Austin Aries wins the BFG series setting up a match between the two at the Bound For Glory PPV for the TNA heavyweight title.

I don't think it's necessary embarrassing to put the top belt on Chris Sabin... in fact I like that it shows if you're loyal to a company and bust your ass off for a decade that even the biggest dreams do come true (and yes I just quoted Bret Hart).

I really don't see the problem with Chris Sabin getting a thank you run (the WWE's done it as well with Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero) besides I'm sure Bully Ray will win the title back (most likely at their next TV special) becoming a two time TNA heavyweight champion before dropping the belt to whoever wins the BFG series (either AJ Styles or Brutus Magnus).

Honestly people talk about how TNA never pushes their own talent and only push people who have been full time members of the WWE roster but in the last year or so... James Storm, Bobby Roode, Austin Aries and Chris Sabin have all won the TNA heavyweight title for the first time.

Lony pretty much summed up how I feel about it. The guy has been there since 2003, and he was major part of the best of the company for many years. Sabin has been loyal to them since day one. He's risked his body for this company. He's definetly deserving of a thank you run. TNA is pushing an Original at the moment. I love it. Hail Sabin!

Things will go back to normal soon, or he can join MEM now as their champion.

You gotta be f'n kidding me. I was planning on watching that episode of Impact.

Next week's show is a must-see for me now. Crazy stuff!

Fail Sabin needs to lose the title ASAP. He is not world championship material.
    It's showtime, folks!

I posted my thoughts in another thread... which Raven has quoted. Anyway's I'm happy for the Chris Sabin, I really am. Chris Sabin has been in the wrestling business for thirteen years, the last ten of which has been with TNA where he's busted his ass off harder then almost anyone else on the roster. Honestly I'm not expecting a long title reign nor am I expecting him to win the title another two - three times but he most definitely deserves this "thank you" run as TNA heavyweight champion be it a week, a month or however long it lasts it doesn't matter, all I know is I'm gonna sit back and enjoy it well it lasts.

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

I'm a bit gutted I've read this because we don't get this episode until Sunday here in the UK. I'm unsure what I feel about it, I don't think he's World Title material. But, I'll see how this goes. I don't see it lasting longer than a month or two max before Bully Ray is probably the guy who wins the title back off him.
    Thanks too Fresh Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Slushy View Post
    Fail Sabin needs to lose the title ASAP. He is not world championship material.
    If he wasn't World Championship material, he wouldn't be World Champion. Somebody important believes he is, for whatever reason, and that's all that matters.

Sabin deserves the title, but the way he gained it was unimpressive and IMO it was done at the wrong time. There was money to be made out of Sabin beating Ray for the title, but TNA have thrown it away by airing it on Impact with very little build-up.

"I've seen a million people die, it's up to us to stop the war."

It was done just to get people talking. Sabin is mediocre on the mic and won't draw for shit. If TNA has any brains left, they'll have the inferior half of the MCMG drop the title back to Bully Ray or somebody else before Bound For Glory.
    It's showtime, folks!

I can honestly say that I never saw Chris Sabin doing anything for someone to dislike him this much.
    Fanny Pack Wrestling Podcast---saving the world from the WWE Malaise, one episode at a time!

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    Roman Reigns becomes champion for the first time before Bryan wins the title again? I'll get in on that action.

With my PW Career. Bryan wins the title again before Roman, I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Slushy View Post
    It was done just to get people talking. Sabin is mediocre on the mic and won't draw for shit. If TNA has any brains left, they'll have the inferior half of the MCMG drop the title back to Bully Ray or somebody else before Bound For Glory.
    Sting, Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, Christian, Mick Foley, & RVD have all held the TNA Championship, with Hardy & RVD both being mediocre on the mic, and none of them made a dent in the numbers for TNA over the years. TNA could put the belt on a reanimated Andre the Giant and people wouldn't come in. Likewise, they could put the belt on Mike Tenay and people wouldn't really leave. It literally doesn't matter what they do. Their audience will never grow or shrink.

^ what he said

This is funny Lony and I in another thread last week or so said how we didn't see Sabin taking the belt off Bully but you never know since they always do weird shit like build a Roode/Storm feud with no payoff. Now here we are and Sabin in champ. Fucking TNA. I don't mind that he is champ I just wish they did differently is all. A PPV or more hype whatever. I get the surprise factor though to get people talking.

I am not threatened by any man whose name is three letters.

- Damien Sandow
    in response to RVD's return

So another X-Division wrestler has left the division. So when is TNA gonna give up on the X-Division?

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty The Rebel View Post
    So another X-Division wrestler has left the division. So when is TNA gonna give up on the X-Division?
    Why do you say that?

Thanks Bender

Doing the early years people thought AJ and Sabin were on the same level. AJ manage to make it to the world title so why not Sabin.

The tv title is deactivated so I guess that makes the X-division the closest thing to a midcard title. That being said a 6 time mid-card champion winning the top belt isn't that big of a stretch.

TNA Forum Title History
    Forum Championship (1 time)
    Tag Team Championship (3 time)
    X Championship (2 time)
    Internet Championship (3 time)

Quote Originally Posted by BARCELONA View Post
    Sabin deserves the title, but the way he gained it was unimpressive and IMO it was done at the wrong time. There was money to be made out of Sabin beating Ray for the title, but TNA have thrown it away by airing it on Impact with very little build-up.
    With the fact that they only run 4 live PPVs a year, Impact was the perfect place to do the switch as TV ratings are important and they have been on the decline in recent months.
    DVD Clearout: Raw, Smackdown, Nitro, Thunder, ECW TV, TNA Impact. MUST GO. PM me for details

............Jesus Christ , they should've just made Christian York World Champion , he'd beat Sabin any F'n day of the week!!!

tis not right in the head whocares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by X-zero View Post
    Doing the early years people thought AJ and Sabin were on the same level. AJ manage to make it to the world title so why not Sabin.
    Well, Sabin is somehow even smaller and also worse at cutting promos than AJ Styles... Maybe that has something to do with it?

The tv title is deactivated so I guess that makes the X-division the closest thing to a midcard title. That being said a 6 time mid-card champion winning the top belt isn't that big of a stretch.
    When you consider the build to Sabin winning the Title involved him losing the X-Title to a guy way more over than him that people actually saw as a legit threat to Bully... Well, you can see why that would be a hard pill for some to swallow. Besides, winning the X-Title these days means very little when you consider how much that Division is in shambles. I mean, he won the X-Title like in two or three weeks after beating two guys. What does that tell you?

Quote Originally Posted by whocares View Post
    Well, Sabin is somehow even smaller and also worse at cutting promos than AJ Styles... Maybe that has something to do with it?

When you consider the build to Sabin winning the Title involved him losing the X-Title to a guy way more over than him that people actually saw as a legit threat to Bully... Well, you can see why that would be a hard pill for some to swallow. Besides, winning the X-Title these days means very little when you consider how much that Division is in shambles. I mean, he won the X-Title like in two or three weeks after beating two guys. What does that tell you?
    That the bookings at fault, not Chris Sabin who, going by Slushy's posts, must have ran over his dog or be a secret child molester or something to generate some of the backlash I've seen, not just here.
    baboosh

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    That the bookings at fault, not Chris Sabin who, going by Slushy's posts, must have ran over his dog or be a secret child molester or something to generate some of the backlash I've seen, not just here.
    From what I've have read a lot of wrestlers and fans don't buy Sabin is a threat any way. They say it lacks realism legitimacy and that stuff.

Thanks Bender

Well, you know what means the most in wrestling more than anything, Ed: Height.
    Fanny Pack Wrestling Podcast---saving the world from the WWE Malaise, one episode at a time!

Roman Reigns becomes champion for the first time before Bryan wins the title again? I'll get in on that action.

With my PW Career. Bryan wins the title again before Roman, I'm gone.

Well, you know what means the most in wrestling more than anything, Ed: Height.
    I wish they'd just say they don't find Sabin's offense believeable against Bully Ray and doesn't think their styles mesh well. Instead of framing it as a higher form of knowledge that I couldn't understand.

Thanks Bender

tis not right in the head whocares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    Oh, the Sabin hate I don't get. I mean, all the stuff I pointed out would only explain why people would be indifferent to him or not buy the Title win. I'm exactly sure what he's ever done to get people so mad at him. Maybe they're jealous that he's banging Velvet Sky? Or maybe some feel like he's being forced down our throats with this move? I don't know.

For the record, I actually do like Chris Sabin. All my hate is directed towards TNA and their aggravating WCW-esque booking.

Quote Originally Posted by whocares View Post
    That every division beside the heavyweight has four or less people/teams in the division.

TNA Forum Title History
    Forum Championship (1 time)
    Tag Team Championship (3 time)
    X Championship (2 time)
    Internet Championship (3 time)

Thread Information