Thread: Randall Orton Injured at SmackDown Tapings

Default Randall Orton Injured at SmackDown Tapings

http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/2...ring-smackdown

At Tuesday night’s SmackDown television taping, Mr. Money in the Bank Randy Orton was injured during his match against World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio.

According to WWE medical personnel, the nine-time World Champion suffered a cervical strain and cervical neuropraxia.

He should be fine though within a few days. http://eorif.com/Spine/Cervical%20Neuropraxia.html
    LETS GO XENA! XENA SUCKS!

/r/womenswrestling

Default Re: Randall Orton Injured at SmackDown Tapings

Yes I hope Randy's cervix heals soon.

-Fresh Prince-
    Chief Ass Whooper of Sorry Sons of Bitches! - Stone Cold Steve Austin

I hope I didn't jinx him. After he won MITB I kept thinking, "What if he got injured... what would happen to his MITB contract." Glad he will be OK.

is Fan Fic's biggest bust Dazz Hands's Avatar

I don't like him, but I wish no injuries upon any wrestler, unless its a fake one to get said person off my television.

I will say this. What if WWE staged an injury for a wrestler who has money in the bank and that person has to be out for a couple of months. Imagine the reaction if a superstar were to return and cash in money in the bank.

Bender

PW Accolades

Spoiler

Banned

I hope Randy is ok. That shit sucks.

When you get diagnosed with words you can't even pronounce right on the first try, you know you're fucked. Hope he recovers in a timely manner.

2011 NCAA Poster Of Year Sweetness_Bolt's Avatar

This could make his eventual cash in more surprising if he returns from injury to cash it in. He said nobody would see it coming when he cashes in

Just good that he isn't too seriously hurt & doesn't have to drop the briefcase

In Between The Lines, There's A Lot Of Obscurity. I'm Not Inclined To Resign To Maturity
    If It's All Right, Then You're All Wrong. Why Bounce Around To The Same Damn Song
    You Rather Run When You Can't Crawl. I Know That You Know That I'm Not Telling The Truth
    I Know That You Know, They Just Don't Have Any Proof. Embrace The Deception, Learn How To Bend
    Your Worst Inhibitions They Will PSYCH You Out In The End

Quote Originally Posted by TheDazzler View Post
    I don't like him, but I wish no injuries upon any wrestler, unless its a fake one to get said person off my television.

I will say this. What if WWE staged an injury for a wrestler who has money in the bank and that person has to be out for a couple of months. Imagine the reaction if a superstar were to return and cash in money in the bank.

I apologize for forgetting who, but I remember reading one of the threads that someone had an idea similar to this where whoever wins the MITB briefcase didn't carry it around all the time. After a while, when people kind of forget about it, you have them run out holding the briefcase ready to cash it in. Honestly, I like both ideas as they would add that little bit of extra surprise and excitement.

Orton tweeted that he is fine:

Spoiler

Didn't WWEs website report the injury? infact just checked...

"At Tuesday night’s SmackDown television taping, Mr. Money in the Bank Randy Orton was injured during his match against World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio.

According to WWE medical personnel, the nine-time World Champion suffered a cervical strain and cervical neuropraxia.

Check back with WWE.com for details as they become available."

Retract Randy RETRACT!!!!! Your twitter was hacked!

Banned

Maybe Randy feels more in touch with his personal health than anyone else could. Either way I hope all is well. Randy has a title to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Repperton View Post
    Maybe Randy feels more in touch with his personal health than anyone else could. Either way I hope all is well. Randy has a title to win.
    But why did WWE release the story in the first place?

Either Randy has told them the injury happened (less likely)

or

WWE was hoping to do an injury angle and just didn't tell Orton (more likely)

Very strange that Randy shut the story down saying not to believe sources that are not the WWE site when the WWE site are the ones who released the story in the first place.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Peepshow View Post
    But why did WWE release the story in the first place?

Either Randy has told them the injury happened (less likely)

or

WWE was hoping to do an injury angle and just didn't tell Orton (more likely)

Very strange that Randy shut the story down saying not to believe sources that are not the WWE site when the WWE site are the ones who released the story in the first place.
    WWE seems quick to post something about injuries as soon as they can for website hits I'd think.

Wrestlers constantly battle injuries while in the business and Randy could have been doing damage control. The world starts thinking you're broken and then maybe somebody in the office might think to hurry up and get that briefcase off you like they did Ken Kennedy a while ago. If I remember correctly his diagnosis turned out to be more than the real issue was upon further inspection meanwhile he lost his ticket to the main event in like 2 seconds.

Randy finally starts to get back to where he should be and gets hurts two days later? I don't see him feeding that perception unless he was going to have to be sidelined from performing completely. I don't think his character or his ego ever wants to be seen as weak at all.

Thread Information