Thread: Cody Rhodes vs Damien Sandow feud

Default Cody Rhodes vs Damien Sandow feud

Seeing how the crowd erupted when it looked like Rhodes would grab the briefcase, gave me an idea WWE could do for a long feud between Sandow and Rhodes. Since Damien "betrayed" Cody at MITB, Cody wants revenge. On Smackdown, after Dolph Ziggler lays out Del Rio, The intellectual Savior of the masses comes out and he wants to cash in his MITB briefcase. But the moment Sandow enters the ring, Rhodes comes out of the crowd, and lays out Sandow with a disaster kick. On the next Smackdown, Cody announces can that as a way of getting revenge, he is going to make it his mission to make sure Damien Sandow never gets a chance to cash in his briefcase. For the next year, he will be there everytime Damien tries to cash in his briefcase.

I think this would be a unique feud. It can end with Sandow never getting his chance to cash in within 12 months, and the opportunity expires.

Credit to Hayze, myself and Magnus for the banner...

Default Re: Cody Rhodes vs Damien Sandow feud

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge View Post
    Seeing how the crowd erupted when it looked like Rhodes would grab the briefcase, gave me an idea WWE could do for a long feud between Sandow and Rhodes. Since Damien "betrayed" Cody at MITB, Cody wants revenge. On Smackdown, after Dolph Ziggler lays out Del Rio, The intellectual Savior of the masses comes out and he wants to cash in his MITB briefcase. But the moment Sandow enters the ring, Rhodes comes out of the crowd, and lays out Sandow with a disaster kick. On the next Smackdown, Cody announces can that as a way of getting revenge, he is going to make it his mission to make sure Damien Sandow never gets a chance to cash in his briefcase. For the next year, he will be there everytime Damien tries to cash in his briefcase.

I think this would be a unique feud. It can end with Sandow never getting his chance to cash in within 12 months, and the opportunity expires.

I like this.
    Not only is it an interesting idea for a feud, but it's also something that hasn't happened with one of the briefcases, yet. Good show!

This is a really good idea and one that i'd love to see play out.

I fear it'd get short-sighted though and they'd just have Cody attack Damien halfway through his cash-in oppourtunity.

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am then love me for something i'm not

The video game draft final, Emperor vs Blindy

Episode 1 of "Sittin down for a chat with Oncall" with special guest Emperor

I had hoped that Cody would win MITB this year, but a face turn is the next best thing. He's been in booking hell since losing to Big Show at Mania last year, this might help rejuvenate him.

Special thanks to Just Plain Cunt for this awesome banner!

Seriously 2011 was Cody Rhodes best year, his four month feud with Mysterio, character development with the mask and then when he took the mask off with a new song and gear, winning and reestablishing the IC title, quality matches, feuding with Randy Orton, and winning most of the PPV's at the end of the year. His promo's were Slammy worthy and he kept every feud he was in interesting.

i hope Money in the Bank rejuvenates his push into the main event.
    WWE: IT'S NOT A FANDOM, IT'S A FAMILY
    Sons of Anarchy final season predictions
    BELIEVE IN AMBROSE
    THE BEST NEWS IS BAD NEWS
    Cena fan for LIFE

STL Cards: 73-63 :) SM(Stardust)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arbiter75 View Post
    I had hoped that Cody would win MITB this year, but a face turn is the next best thing. He's been in booking hell since losing to Big Show at Mania last year, this might help rejuvenate him.
    Actually, him being in booking hell didn't start till after last years MITB, because atleast before then he was still featured in the IC Title picture and feuding with Christian.

It really sucks that it took a year to get him back on track.

As far as the feud goes, I think it will be great for both of them. It will make Cody to a star as a face and establish Damien as even a more hated heel.

I just am really glad that so far the crowd seem to really be behind Cody.

surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
    Seriously 2011 was Cody Rhodes best year, his four month feud with Mysterio, character development with the mask and then when he took the mask off with a new song and gear, winning and reestablishing the IC title, quality matches, feuding with Randy Orton, and winning most of the PPV's at the end of the year. His promo's were Slammy worthy and he kept every feud he was in interesting.

i hope Money in the Bank rejuvenates his push into the main event.
    Agreed, he was my pick to win last year. Would've been cool to see him cash in on Sheamus and have Ziggler turn face that year, then maybe we could've gotten Cody/Ziggler for the WHC at this year's Mania.

Special thanks to Just Plain Cunt for this awesome banner!

If it was just Cody attacking Sandow, it would get boring fast. For this to not become tedious, Cody wouldn't just prevent Damien from cashing in by attacking him. He could also protect the champion at times from by being attacked, thereby denying Sandow an easy cash-in. Or he could just be guest commentator during matches of the champion, and just by being there, Damien can't cash in, because Cody might interfere...

Cody could even steal the briefcase itself. Sandow can't hand over a briefcase to the referee, if he doesn't have it...
    Last edited by Fudge; 07-16-2013 at 11:01 PM.

Banned

I think this feud has a ton of potential and I'm way excited about it.

The Money in the Bank PPV had the opportunity to set up all sorts of new rivalries and it looks like that stuff is happening. I just have this feeling like better writers are on point here and I really hope Heyman is involved. I mean he must be with the Punk stuff but Sandow and Rhodes could have been feuding since the initial break up of Rhodes Scholars but only now does it happen. Whatever the reason, I dig it.

have every once in a while have sandow come down and pretend hes cashing in laying out rhodes so that its not one sided and i like it

Before i say anything i just want to say hey to everyone this is my first time on this website and looks like thread on this site r things that i am in to .. now that i got that out the way i love your idea i really wanted cody to win and i would prefer Sandow to defeat his briefcase and lose it cody it only happen once and that was mr. kennedy but sandow briefcase expiring puts a smile on my face too

Am I the only one upset that they are no longer best friends? Btw, I look forward to a long title run by Mr. Sandow in the near future.

Love the smell of napalm Slushy's Avatar

All he needs to do is shave the mustache to complete his face turn!

Agreed. I was so upset when Bryan won instead.
    Last edited by Slushy; 07-18-2013 at 01:04 AM.
    It's showtime, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen R View Post
    ...i would prefer Sandow to defeat his briefcase and lose it cody it only happen once and that was mr. kennedy but sandow briefcase expiring puts a smile on my face too
    You could do that, but I think Sandow getting goaded into putting up his briefcase in a match against Cody would be a big mistake. Damien Sandow's gimmick is as the INTELLECTUAL saviot of the masses. Putting up a guaranteed title shot when you don't have too doesn't seem to intellectual to me. I never understand why Kennedy did that, or why anybody would put up a title shot when they don't have to. So I think Sandow would never do that, it just doesn't fit with his character.

The only way I see you can do that is an angle where Cody has managed to prevent Sandow from cashing in for about 11 months (so a month before the next MITB PPV), and the deadline is fast approaching. Sandow, worried that it's going to expire, approaches Rhodes with a deal. He will give Cody a chance to win the briefcase from him, if Cody swears that when he loses, he won't stand in Sandow's way anymore. This way the initiative lies with Sandow, and he doesn't look like an idiot.
    Cody agrees to the terms, and Sandow manages to defeat Cody (in a ladder match) and succesfully cashes in his briefcase on that very same night. Damien Sandow is the new World Heavyweight Champion! Cody's plan has failed, and Sandow will rub his nose in it for the next month. But then, Cody wins the next MITB and he can now chase Sandow for the WHC.

That way you have a year long feud which should culminate in Cody defeating Sandow and becoming WHC. You have Sandow as a smart heel champion, Cody looks good because he managed to prevent Sandow form cashing in, he won MITB, and becomes the champion by defeating the nemesis he feuded with for over a year. So both would benefit greatly form this..

i'm pretty sure we don't want to see this feud go stale for 11 months...

i mean the best option is just have them do a ladder match at TLC and the winner gets the briefcase, that can end the feud really. but for now I'd actually like for them to 3 match series with sandow coming at the top, it will further make him more hated if he cheated for the wins while rhodes won clean which even furthers chodes being a guy you root for and damien a guy we boo a lot. the last match is going to be the ladder match which sandow wins somehow.

at least sandow gets more heat from the crowd than del rio, so sandow being champion can pretty much make the title relevant again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark B View Post
    i'm pretty sure we don't want to see this feud go stale for 11 months...
    An 11 month feud doesn't mean that Cody and Damien interact every week, that would indeed get old very fast. It would be more of a simmering feud. Once in a while, you have the champion be vulnerable to a cash in. Then have Damien come out to cash in, but Cody foils his plans everytime in different ways. Either by disaster-kicking Sandow, or by just sitting ringside, or by slowing Sandow enough so the Champion has time to recover. You could find very creative ways for Cody to foil Sandow's chances, Rhodes could even offer to be a bodyguard for the champion (if the champion is a face).

It should only happen like 4-5 times during those 11 months. And the other times Sandow can attack Cody, complain to Teddy Long, scheme in some other way (he could ask The Shield to beat down Cody for instance). You could get very creative with this...

I think if you let this feud just take a couple months until TLC, you never have the added speculation on whether Cody will manage to prevent Sandow from cashing in long enough so the opportunity expires. And that is one of the things that would make this feud unique.
    Last edited by Fudge; 07-18-2013 at 09:20 AM.

World's Largest Member Lionhart's Avatar

I was certain Rhodes was going to win MITB two years ago. I've heard people calling for him to win it pretty much every year.

I think having Sandow win was a great move, because they pretty much just elevated both of them at the same time. That is some smart booking.

I feel like whatever WWE has planned, they've had it planned for a while now. Remember, Rhodes Scholars was supposed to break up in February, because they wanted to push them as singles competitors.

Spoiler

If that was to happen I would be cool with that but I think that this year was codys best chance of winning mitb and last year. Next mitb winner might be dean ambrose or wade barrett hell even alberto haves a better chance u know how the wwe loves to give alberto title shots and didn't he win the biggest royal rumble match ever after debuting only6 or 7 months that crazy but like I said I want cody to win mitb ad become whc he deserves it

World's Largest Member Lionhart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen R View Post
    If that was to happen I would be cool with that but I think that this year was codys best chance of winning mitb and last year. Next mitb winner might be dean ambrose or wade barrett hell even alberto haves a better chance u know how the wwe loves to give alberto title shots and didn't he win the biggest royal rumble match ever after debuting only6 or 7 months that crazy but like I said I want cody to win mitb ad become whc he deserves it
    I disagree. Cody's chances were worse than they had ever been. 2011 he was white-hot, and the WHC scene was pretty bare. 2012, he had just moved away from the IC title and still had some of his momentum from 2011. This year, you had other young guys who had more going for them than Cody did.

Spoiler

They should have Cody win the briefcase from Sandow. Its been a while since that angle has been done and Cody is a lot more ready than Sandow to be world champion. Now all he needs to do is shave the mustache.

-Fresh Prince-
    Chief Ass Whooper of Sorry Sons of Bitches! - Stone Cold Steve Austin

is Fan Fic's biggest bust Dazz Hands's Avatar

If Sandow is to lose the briefcase, what becomes of him?

Bender

PW Accolades

Spoiler

I would still keep him in the picture. After Cody wins the World Heavyweight Championship have Sandow go after him demanding a shot at the belt due to the fact the he still considers himself the rightful holder of that briefcase. Have Sandow take the belt off of Cody after a long feud between the two.

-Fresh Prince-
    Chief Ass Whooper of Sorry Sons of Bitches! - Stone Cold Steve Austin

Good ideas presented here.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

true but im just saying that his chances this year will be better then next year. The whc mitb written on paper and yes codys chances were low but watching the match and hearing the fans you would think or at least feel that cody might or could win

Thread Information