Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 51

Thread: Last night would have been the best time for a Cena Heel Turn

  1. #1
    aka guitardude HollywoodDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Studio City, CA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,245

    Default Last night would have been the best time for a Cena Heel Turn

    While Bryan was going Yes! Yes! Yes! it would have been perfect for Cena to clock him with the title belt and knock him down and stare at him. The fans would have instantly booed and cole/lawler would have been What?!? I mean this is the best feud to make it happen when clearly Cena will essentially be the heel in the match anyway.
    Cena's Posse - Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins and Big E

  2. #2
    MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Seattle Washington
    Posts
    2,045

    Default Re: Last night would have been the best time for a Cena Heel Turn

    It would have been good but the best time was Wrestlemania vs Rock in New York.


    Shout out to Bender for the Bad Ass Bad News Banner!

  3. #3
    PW Poster Since 2003 Lony's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Jericho Land
    Age
    28
    Posts
    19,052

    Default Re: Last night would have been the best time for a Cena Heel Turn

    Yeah if John Cena didn't turn heel at Mania then he sure as hell isn't gonna turn heel at Summer Slam.


    The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

  4. #4
    One More Match! Peepshow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    England
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,329

    Default Re: Last night would have been the best time for a Cena Heel Turn

    Whilst the WWE is very face heavy towards the top at the minute, John Cena being a heel is not and never is the answer.

  5. #5
    831 Goonie Pyro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    California
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,384

    Default Re: Last night would have been the best time for a Cena Heel Turn

    Wonder what's coming first. Dr. Dre's Detox or a John Cena heel turn.
    Credit to Fresh Prince for the awesome banner

  6. #6

    Default Re: Last night would have been the best time for a Cena Heel Turn

    LOL at last night being a better time for the heel turn than Mania and all the other chances they've had over the years...

    HAYZE

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

  7. #7
    Senior Member LS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    23,477

    Default Re: Last night would have been the best time for a Cena Heel Turn

    I'm thinking that the day Cena does finally "turn heel" and everyone gets excited, thinking "finally they turned Cena!!"... it won't actually be a heel turn, we'll find out the next week he just attacked his babyface opponent for whatever reason and that he's still a face.

    surrender

  8. #8
    OBEY THE NARRATIVE Djm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    192.168.1.100
    Posts
    12,311

    Default Re: Last night would have been the best time for a Cena Heel Turn

    John Cena is never turning heel.

    YOU WILL COMPLY.

    Spoiler

  9. #9
    MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Seattle Washington
    Posts
    2,045

    Default Re: Last night would have been the best time for a Cena Heel Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
    Wonder what's coming first. Dr. Dre's Detox or a John Cena heel turn.
    LOL.......definitely Detox.


    Shout out to Bender for the Bad Ass Bad News Banner!

  10. #10
    Leaf & Rider Prider CM Punk'd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada, eh?
    Posts
    13,903

    Default Re: Last night would have been the best time for a Cena Heel Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
    Wonder what's coming first. Dr. Dre's Detox or a John Cena heel turn.
    Who knows? Both might never happen.

  11. #11
    MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Seattle Washington
    Posts
    2,045

    Default Re: Last night would have been the best time for a Cena Heel Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by CM Punk'd View Post
    Who knows? Both might never happen.
    I'm pretty sure that was the idea of that joke


    Shout out to Bender for the Bad Ass Bad News Banner!

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,569

    Default Re: Last night would have been the best time for a Cena Heel Turn

    I wouldn't care if John Cena turned heel. Just don't care for him for anymore, at all, in any way possible.

  13. #13
    Is it monday Yet? UnderTaker77's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    649

    Default Re: Last night would have been the best time for a Cena Heel Turn

    Sadly I don't think Cena will turn heel, but I could see Bryan winning the belt from Cena, only to have Orton turn heel and make Bryan a very short title reign.


    Ah Screw it

  14. #14
    NGP Champion Ness's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    20,560

    Default Re: Last night would have been the best time for a Cena Heel Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by King_Steve View Post
    I wouldn't care if John Cena turned heel. Just don't care for him for anymore, at all, in any way possible.
    *insert's snarky post about how you care enough about him to post in a thread about him*

    And it seems EVERY night would've been the best possible chance. Sadly there's only one correct answer and said match isn't happening in this lifetime.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    113

    Default Re: Last night would have been the best time for a Cena Heel Turn

    Cena is a heel to half the audience and sells t-shirts to the other half. What more could Vince want? The change will come, if ever, when the boos stop and complete indifference to his presence starts.

    Norm

  16. #16
    Leaf & Rider Prider CM Punk'd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada, eh?
    Posts
    13,903

    Default Re: Last night would have been the best time for a Cena Heel Turn

    I'd like to see the boos coming from the kids.

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    275

    Default Re: Last night would have been the best time for a Cena Heel Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodDude View Post
    While Bryan was going Yes! Yes! Yes! it would have been perfect for Cena to clock him with the title belt and knock him down and stare at him. The fans would have instantly booed and cole/lawler would have been What?!? I mean this is the best feud to make it happen when clearly Cena will essentially be the heel in the match anyway.
    That crowd "blew the roof" off the building when Bryan came out. Hell even before he came out. He gets the biggest reaction so why end the night on a sour note. would have hated your idea (no offense) but it would totally spoil an awesome mark-out moment for me.

    I honestly don't watch as much as I used to but I really don't see/have seen those type of reactions since Stone Cold.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,569

    Default Re: Last night would have been the best time for a Cena Heel Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by Ness View Post
    *insert's snarky post about how you care enough about him to post in a thread about him*
    You do realize that 75% of the debates on this website are centered around John Cena? He is the #1 guy in the largest wrestling company in the world. It's kind of hard to avoid a conversation about him.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Last night would have been the best time for a Cena Heel Turn

    Lets be honest, there's more chance of daniel bryan turning heel, rather than john cena. Hope bryan stays face but I wouldn't count on it the way wwe write the scripts.

  20. #20
    Senior Member Vince Mcmahon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,702

    Default Re: Last night would have been the best time for a Cena Heel Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by BadNewsFan View Post
    It would have been good but the best time was Wrestlemania vs Rock in New York.
    Agreed! Bryan is just going to be used most likely to give Cena a five star title defense match to get him over with fans who say Cena can't wrestle.

    Cena is still in his redemption and this match will try to get those "Cena sucks" chants to lessen if he is involved in a wrestling clinic.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

    WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

  21. #21
    Iconic TheIcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Brampton, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    132

    Default Re: Last night would have been the best time for a Cena Heel Turn

    I actually have to agree with the OP on this one.
    I think that a turn on RAW for Cena would have been better than a turn at Wrestlemania.
    The cheers that DB was getting far surpassed anything that The Rock was getting in my opinion.
    I was sitting there and thinking that it would have been an amazing moment, a shocking one and an opportune one.

    I don't think the heel turn will ever come sadly, for the reasons above. However, last night likely was better than Wrestlemania for the timing.
    1 Time Internet Champion

    1 Time X-Champion (3 Months)

  22. #22

    Default Re: Last night would have been the best time for a Cena Heel Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by TheIcon View Post
    I actually have to agree with the OP on this one.
    I think that a turn on RAW for Cena would have been better than a turn at Wrestlemania.
    The cheers that DB was getting far surpassed anything that The Rock was getting in my opinion.
    I was sitting there and thinking that it would have been an amazing moment, a shocking one and an opportune one.

    I don't think the heel turn will ever come sadly, for the reasons above. However, last night likely was better than Wrestlemania for the timing.
    It's not just about the crowd reaction. If you're going to do the biggest heel turn in 12+ years, you have to do it on the biggest possible scale. You can't do it on a random Raw when you have no idea how many people are even watching.

    HAYZE

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

  23. #23
    is Fan Fic's biggest bust Dazz Hands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,345

    Default Re: Last night would have been the best time for a Cena Heel Turn

    I'd much rather Orton turn than Cena, and I don't want either of those to happen. Orton right now is Orton. He is technically a heel who panders to the crowd more in my opinion. Cena as a heel would be cool, but we have to look at it in a business perspective.

    Bender

    PW Accolades

    Spoiler

  24. #24
    Senior Member Vince Mcmahon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,702

    Default Re: Last night would have been the best time for a Cena Heel Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    It's not just about the crowd reaction. If you're going to do the biggest heel turn in 12+ years, you have to do it on the biggest possible scale. You can't do it on a random Raw when you have no idea how many people are even watching.
    Exactly! It's about maximizing potential impact with the most eyeballs.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

    WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

  25. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,569

    Default Re: Last night would have been the best time for a Cena Heel Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Mcmahon View Post
    Agreed! Bryan is just going to be used most likely to give Cena a five star title defense match to get him over with fans who say Cena can't wrestle.

    Cena is still in his redemption and this match will try to get those "Cena sucks" chants to lessen if he is involved in a wrestling clinic.
    Those fans are never going to give Cena a rational response though. The Chicago crowd, of all places, constantly gives Cena the most irrational hatred.
    Last edited by Weezl; 07-17-2013 at 01:21 AM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •