Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wrestlers You Feel the WWF/E Blew It With

Banned

Default Wrestlers You Feel the WWF/E Blew It With

Ric Flair - during his first run WWF run in the 1990's, they all but ruined what could have been the most anticipated match ever.

Zack Ryder - The guy gets over on his own and you bury his ass. Dumbest move ever he should have been made World Champ.

Ted DiBiase Jr. - He was right on and they screwed up. Seriously, they bury a DiBiase?!

Shelton Benjamin - the only thing this guy is missing is charisma. Give him Paul Heyman and this guy would have been the man.

Berzerker, Sylvester Terkay & Mike Knox - All had the look and the ability to be the WWF's Bruiser Brody. Crazed Wildman.

The Highlanders - Perfect team to replicate the success of either Sheephearders or the Bushwhackers

Default Re: Wrestlers You Feel the WWF/E Blew It With

Ric Flair in the 90's. They had a ready made feud with Hogan and it went nowhere because of "failed matches on the house shows" so instead he gets Savage. Not bad matches but they weren't greats. He only lasted just a year and a half but could have done much more.

Kofi Kingston in 2009. He had the Steamboat Mania III fire with his Orton feud and then what happens, nothing and he has not been in the same spot ever since.

Owen Hart in 1997. Sure we all knew Austin was going to be the star by mid 97 but Owen after the Montreal Screwjob had a big crowd reaction but then WWF Orton'd him before Ortoning was cool.

Zack Ryder was never going to be anything more than a mid card fluke to begin with no matter how "popular" he got.

DiBiaseJr. got buried because they tried to force a push with him and force him to be popular as opposed to letting it happen gradually.

Shelton that whole charisma thing is a big factor, and while he could wrestle great matches with HHH and Michaels and the like he was as dull as dirt.

Knox again would of been a fluke, a fun fluke but a fluke none the less. He was fun in his destruction of Mysterio, but beating up cruiserweights only gets you so far.

When it comes to replicating teams The Bushwhackers is a team I would never aspire to be.

Credit to Bender for the awesome sig and av.
    Spoiler

Banned

Kurt Angle- Would still be in WWE if they reduced his schedule

Mr. Kennedy- Could have been the next Rock, but NOOOOOO. They just had to fuck that up

Chuck Palumbo- The biker gimmick was just too awesome and they bury his ass for no reason

Muhammad Hassan- WHY THE FUCK did they make him a fucking terrorist. It was completely 180 of what he was supposed to be. Hell, why wasn't he world champion!! They should have just moved him back to Raw after UPN complained instead of firing his ass

John Morrison- Wasn't great on the mic but he looked like a Hollywood star and he was awesome in the ring. They should have found the right gimmick for him and some good storylines. Also, turning him face was a huge mistake

Have I really read in this thread that Mr. Kennedy could have been the next The Rock and Zach Ryder should be World Champion by now?!

To answer the thread question, I think I'll go with Raven & Taz when they first entered the WWE in the early 2000's. John Morrison is another one I expected to be a main eventer for many years.
    Thanks too Fresh Prince

WWE didn't blow it with The Highlanders...Robbie did that for them, by managing to get himself shown in the audience of TNA Impact after all talent was specifically told not to go to shows of other promotions.

The most memorable thing they did before that was have a poo in a urinal.

THE CULT OF AARON.

PW WrestleMania - Three wise men vs. three blind mice. We're here.

There's plenty of guys I feel WWE blew it with, but most notably:

John Morrison
    MVP
    Giant Bernard
    Elijah Burke
    Trent Barreta

HAYZE

I have to say drew mcintyre. Was the next big thing at one point then they make him join 3MB? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by BringThePain513 View Post
    Muhammad Hassan- WHY THE FUCK did they make him a fucking terrorist. It was completely 180 of what he was supposed to be. Hell, why wasn't he world champion!! They should have just moved him back to Raw after UPN complained instead of firing his ass
    Muhammad Hassan is really disappointing to me because when WWE first started showing vintages of him talking about being discriminated against I actually thought they were going to do something different with him besides the stock evil foreigner. The character had potential to be the ultimate sympathetic babyface but of course he had to turn into a cartoonishly evil terrorist.

I'll also ditto the earlier Shelton Benjamin response because I just loved his in ring work. Poor guy really needed a mouthpiece because by god were his promos boring.

Speaking of Mr. Kennedy, he had no chance at becoming the next Rock no matter what the WWE did with him. His act got really stale quick and he has never been that good in the ring. Simply put, Kennedy.......Kennedy was/is horrible.

He fits nicely in TNA.

surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Pomf View Post
    Muhammad Hassan is really disappointing to me because when WWE first started showing vintages of him talking about being discriminated against I actually thought they were going to do something different with him besides the stock evil foreigner. The character had potential to be the ultimate sympathetic babyface but of course he had to turn into a cartoonishly evil terrorist.

I'll also ditto the earlier Shelton Benjamin response because I just loved his in ring work. Poor guy really needed a mouthpiece because by god were his promos boring.
    The other issue with Hassan was the London bombing. Had the London bombing never happen, we could have seen Hassan be World Champion by the year's end. I agree, Hassan COULD have been a huge face but WWE got screwed by national tragedy to prevent a new star from being born.

Quote Originally Posted by MKPunk View Post
    The other issue with Hassan was the London bombing. Had the London bombing never happen, we could have seen Hassan be World Champion by the year's end. I agree, Hassan COULD have been a huge face but WWE got screwed by national tragedy to prevent a new star from being born.
    Did WWE really get screwed by that though? Even with the London bombing they didn't have to turn him into a terrorist. Hassan could have called out the bombing as the horrible tragedy that it was and mentioned how despite the fact that he was as horrified by it as everyone else he was still being treated like a potential terrorist despite having been born in Detroit. WWE didn't need to turn him into a walking stereotype, they did it because it's the only way creative knows how to write non-Canadian born foreign wrestlers.

Going a little further into the past, Bam Bam Bigelow. For his size, he was really fast, and could do Moonsaults, Diving Headbuts and Slingshots. So what did they do to him?

Jobbed to the 1-2-3 Kid at the Royal Rumble in 1994, then to Lawrence fucking Taylor at Wrestlemania the same year. What a waste.

Norm

Banned

These aren't wrestlers but..

Tough Enough- Why did WWE bury that show

Tout- Buried by the WWE app

Quote Originally Posted by MKPunk View Post
    It's not an excuse, though, because that segment shouldn't have happened in the first place.

HAYZE

Banned

What about that segment where Hassan brought in these guys in ski masks or whatever those were to attack The Undertaker
    Last edited by BringThePain513; 07-12-2013 at 08:06 PM.

Essa Rios, Ultimo Dragon, Jimmy Wang Yang and the two biggest ones
    SUPER PORKY AND MASCARITA SAGRADA!!!!!!!!!!!!

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Zack Ryder was never going to be a World Champion, but that doesn't mean WWE DIDN'T blow it. It was WWE who made the mistaken assumption that Ryder was main event material, and then overexposed him by taking him out of his element and shoehorning him into matches and segments with every main event talent on the roster. WWE tossed him aside like garbage when they realized he wasn't good enough to be a main eventer when he could've just been a solid midcard act who gets TV time every week (like Santino was before he disappeared). The problem is that Ryder's a good midcard act in a company that doesn't care about the midcard. You're either a main eventer or you're nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by TempestH View Post
    Zack Ryder was never going to be a World Champion, but that doesn't mean WWE DIDN'T blow it. It was WWE who made the mistaken assumption that Ryder was main event material, and then overexposed him by taking him out of his element and shoehorning him into matches and segments with every main event talent on the roster. WWE tossed him aside like garbage when they realized he wasn't good enough to be a main eventer when he could've just been a solid midcard act who gets TV time every week (like Santino was before he disappeared). The problem is that Ryder's a good midcard act in a company that doesn't care about the midcard. You're either a main eventer or you're nothing.
    Maybe WWE didn't want to face the fact that Ryder was becoming the people's champion. Something that was associated with The Rock .

Ryback. Worst talent mismanagement I can remember.

Runner-up? Drew McIntyre.

What about that segment where Hassan brought in these guys in ski masks or whatever those were to attack The Undertaker
    That's the one that Hassan's career single handedly went down the tubes. It would have been a white heat segment had the Bombing not happened. Then he Bombing happened and WWE in their infinite wisdom didn't cut it out due to insensitive to everyone involved and replace it with a video package or something.

These aren't wrestlers but..

Tough Enough- Why did WWE bury that show

Tout- Buried by the WWE app
    Damn I forgot all about Tout, it totally did get jobbed to the HHH of apps

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by fromdownunder View Post
    Going a little further into the past, Bam Bam Bigelow. For his size, he was really fast, and could do Moonsaults, Diving Headbuts and Slingshots. So what did they do to him?

Jobbed to the 1-2-3 Kid at the Royal Rumble in 1994, then to Lawrence fucking Taylor at Wrestlemania the same year. What a waste.

Norm
    I definitely agree with you about Bam Bam..He actually jobbed to Lawrence Taylor at Wrestlemania 11 in 1995, by the way..At Wrestlemania 10 in 1994, Bam Bam and Luna were in a mixed tag match against Doink and Dink, though thankfully, Bigelow and Luna beat Dink and Doink..He should've been the WWF Champion at least once...

Now onto wrestlers I felt WWF could've done a shitload better with.....

Bull Nakano-She had a short stint in the WWF during the mid 90s when Bertha Faye, Luna Vachon Alundra Blayze were pretty much the only women in the entire WWF women's division, though I think Leilani Kai made a few appearences...I wish she would've stayed in the WWF along with Blayze and Vachon to help build an actual women's division in the mid 90s but obviously it never happened..

Vader-Sadly the last win on a PPV that I remember for Vader where it actually meant something for him and helped to propel him up was when he beat Taker with the Vader Bomb at the 1997 Royal Rumble..After that, he started getting jobbed more and more, especially after leaving Paul Bearer and Mankind..Honestly the only good matches he had in mid 97 were either against Taker or Shamrock, besides that WWF gave him pure shit until he left in 1998..Vader, like Bigelow was deceptively agile with his moonsaults, dropkicks, etc and WWF fucks him over like that?! I still don't get that...He never even got to win a belt during his tenure in WWF..I thought for sure in 1996 that he'd be WWF Champ and by mid 97 I was hoping he'd at least be IC Champ, or maybe Mankind and Vader could've actually been the WWF Tag Team Champions, but nooooo...For some fucked up reason, Vader just had to get jobbed out to everyone he faced..

Raven-When Scott Levy returned to the WWF as Raven, I knew it was bad timing because the one feud I wanted to see Raven in was a feud against The Undertaker..Not the biker Mark Callaway but The Deadman..A 1 on 1 feud where Raven actually gets a couple of clean wins over Taker would've been something to see..They could've had Raven's Rules matches, Casket Matches, etc, Plus their promos would've definitely been interesting and macabre.

DDP-I was a big fan of DDP in WCW and thought that maybe he'd actually have success in WWF..Damn was I wrong....I think the only PPV win he ever had in the WWF was his Wrestlemania 18 European Title defense when he beat Christian...Besides that match, DDP barely beat anyone, he mostly would run away from his opponent if he was going against Kane or Taker or just get his ass kicked...It's a damn shame, since DDP was much too talented to be relegated to being a Heat/Velocity jobber telling other jobbers to "always be optimistic and look on the bright side of things" instead of actually having matches/feuds that would've been interesting, such as a feud against Stone Cold, The Rock(since they both called themselves "The People's Champion", Angle, Benoit, etc

Luna Vachon-One of my favorite women wrestlers by far..As good as she was, she never was the WWF Women's Champion which is pretty fucking sad when you really think about it..She had a very unique look, cut entertaining/disturbing promos, could beat up the men when she wanted to, and her in-ring skills were great when she was actually given a chance to showcase them...I would've loved to have seen her as a mainstay in the WWF from the mid 90s maybe til the mid 2000s..She could've had compelling feuds against Trish, Lita, Bull Nakano(if she stayed in the WWF during the mid 90s), Jacqueline, Ivory, Jazz, etc...

Did I miss it, or has nobody mentioned Mordecai yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulblazed View Post
    DDP-I was a big fan of DDP in WCW and thought that maybe he'd actually have success in WWF..Damn was I wrong....I think the only PPV win he ever had in the WWF was his Wrestlemania 18 European Title defense when he beat Christian...Besides that match, DDP barely beat anyone, he mostly would run away from his opponent if he was going against Kane or Taker or just get his ass kicked...It's a damn shame, since DDP was much too talented to be relegated to being a Heat/Velocity jobber telling other jobbers to "always be optimistic and look on the bright side of things" instead of actually having matches/feuds that would've been interesting, such as a feud against Stone Cold, The Rock(since they both called themselves "The People's Champion", Angle, Benoit, etc
    I 100% agree with this. DDP was a gigantic star in wcw and every bit the peoples champ that The Rock was, which is why I think they screwed him over so badly with the whole stalker gimmick and the motivational speaker bit with Christian.

Spoiler

Thread Information