Thread: Top 5 WWE DVD Documentaries

Default Top 5 WWE DVD Documentaries

I have a huge collection of WWE DVDs and one of my favorite things to do in my down time is watching documentaries produced by WWE. They do a first class job producing these types of DVD's with well thought out subjects, intriguing stories, informative information, and the right footage.

With that being said what are your Top #5 WWE DVD Documentaries?

If you need to see a list here you go: http://prowrestling.wikia.com/wiki/L...Video_releases

1. Jake Roberts: Jake "The Snake" Roberts: Pick Your Poison
    2. The Rise & Fall of ECW
    3. Roddy Piper: Born to Controversy
    4. Randy Orton: The Evolution of a Predator
    5. Superstar Billy Graham: 20 Years Too Soon: The "Superstar" Billy Graham Story

Looking at the list from the link this was harder than I thought. I really enjoyed the Punk, HBK, AWA, and Bret Hart DVD.

Default Re: Top 5 WWE DVD Documentaries

My five favorites (not necessarily in this order) are Stone Cold, CM Punk, Edge, The Rock from last year and John Cena from 2007.

Stone Cold's is probably the best they've ever done, though.

Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice on Daniel Bryan
    I don't want to see his face anymore. It makes me want to die.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

The Rock DVD was great too. I was surprised how much information was given that I didn't anticipate. Rock was very open in that DVD.

No order:

Austin
    Bret
    Pillman
    Horsemen
    Punk
    Foley

Had to mention all 6, to be honest Punk's would be the one I cut since they released it while he's still wrestling, which I hate. For example the Chris Jericho one leaves out the 2012-2013 runs he's had, which might not be important in the career of Jericho but I'd prefer they wait until a guy is done so everything's discussed.

I have quite the collection as well and it's only growing. But, the top 5 for me (that I have):

1. ECW: Rise and Fall
    2. Stone Cold
    3. CM Punk
    4. Bret Hart
    5. Chris Jericho
    Thanks too Fresh Prince

Believe in the Shield. Lilslimshady's Avatar

By far, CM Punk's DVD is the best one. I have HBK's, Bret's, Jericho's, Foley's, etc but Punk's takes the cake. Just incredible all the way around. Best DVD WWE has ever put out IMO.

1. Rise and Fall of ECW
    2. CM Punk
    3. Chris Benoit
    4. The Triumph and Tragedy of WCCW
    5. Bret Hart

I found the Monday Night Wars interesting too, if only for Bischoff's insight.
    Voodoo Ain't Easy

The Best There Is
    Pick Your Poison
    Flair's Definitive Collection
    The Rise And Fall Of ECW
    Best In The World

Honorable mention: For All Mankind

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Valuable View Post
    The Rock DVD was great too. I was surprised how much information was given that I didn't anticipate. Rock was very open in that DVD.
    I hated it, there was wayyyy to much dick sucking on that DVD by the likes of Miz, if you go by that DVD Rock had not put one step wrong delivered one average let alone below average promo and stole the show every night, it was preachy as fuck.

Top 5 in order IMO:

5 - Shawn Michaels HB & T
    4 - Edge
    3 - Austin
    2 - Randy Orton
    1 - CM Punk

Mick Foleys dragged like a mother fucker to me, it took me 3 sit downs to watch it completely. I really do love the formats they do them in now a days with their day to day lives being inter spliced with retrospective on parts of their careers.

From the one's that I have seen I'd go

1. Stone Cold
    2. CM Punk
    3. Big Show
    4. Chris Jericho
    5. Randy Orton

Wrestler Specific:
    1) Bret Hart: The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be
    2) CM Punk: Best In The World
    3) The Epic Journey of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    4) Born To Controversy: The Roddy Piper Story
    5) You Think You Know Me: The Story of Edge

Honorable Mentions:
    Batista: I Walk Alone: Not a Batista fan but this was a great DVD documentary I saw on Netflix.
    Breaking The Code: Behind the Walls of Chris Jericho: One of the best, I would do not mind not including the run because at that time Jericho was done with WWE.
    Twist of Fate: The Matt & Jeff Hardy Story: A great two-piece documentary where both Matt and Jeff had their own stories due to the separate careers they have had for the most part since 2002. Also a rare dvd to mention TNA Wrestling.
    Jake Roberts: Pick Your Poison: Great DVD for watching what addiction can do to a great.
    Jeff Hardy: My Life, My Rules: Very great DVD picking up from where Twist of Fate: Jeff Hardy ended.
    Randy Orton: The Evolution of the Predator: Again like Batista not a fan but had a great documentary.
    Rey Mysterio: 619: A good documentary but happened too early
    Road Warriors: The Life & Death of the Most Dominant Tag Team in Wrestling: I just loved every topic that was talked about during the DVD and they didn't actually squash Droz for being the third man in case Hawk fell off the Wagon.

Dishonorable Mention:
    Heartbreak & Triumph: The Shawn Michaels Story: because his book did a better job at covering stuff and even still he lied about things (Undertaker not taping up his fists if Shawn didn't job at Mania 14)

Promotion Specific:
    1) The Rise & Fall of ECW
    2) The Triumph and Tragedy of WCCW
    3) Rise & Fall of WCW (This was what the Monday Night Wars DVD should have been)
    4) WrestleMania
    5) The Spectacular History of the AWA
    Last edited by MKPunk; 07-13-2013 at 05:07 PM.

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

1.) CM Punk: Best In The World
    2.) Stone Cold (the most recent)
    3.) Edge: "You Think You Know Me"
    4.) The Rise and Fall of ECW
    5.) The Rise and Fall of WCW
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

I have more match collections than documentaries but the ones I've seen I've really enjoyed.

1) Stone Cold
    2) CM Punk
    3) Chris Jericho
    4) Rise and Fall of ECW
    5) Attitude Era

I've been meaning to get Edge's, Rock's, Foley's, Jeff Hardy's and a few others.

Also does anyone remember an Undertaker documentary ever coming out? I know he's had a bunch of match compilations but I can't ever remember a sit down interview one.

-Fresh Prince-
    Chief Ass Whooper of Sorry Sons of Bitches! - Stone Cold Steve Austin

Quote Originally Posted by thedude View Post
    I have more match collections than documentaries but the ones I've seen I've really enjoyed.

1) Stone Cold
    2) CM Punk
    3) Chris Jericho
    4) Rise and Fall of ECW
    5) Attitude Era

I've been meaning to get Edge's, Rock's, Foley's, Jeff Hardy's and a few others.

Also does anyone remember an Undertaker documentary ever coming out? I know he's had a bunch of match compilations but I can't ever remember a sit down interview one.
    The closest there is and I think we'll ever get is the In My Yard dvd, its only 50 odd minutes long but it is an excellent look at his career up until 2001ish.

Heartbreak and Triumph was great until The Montreal chapter where WWE portrayed Michaels as a saint and Hart as the big bad wolf again even though Vince and Bret had just buried the damn hatchet a few years prior!

I've watched most of the documentaries that everyone here listed, and the only one that I really enjoyed was CM Punk's. Meh

Quote Originally Posted by Slushy View Post
    Heartbreak and Triumph was great until The Montreal chapter where WWE portrayed Michaels as a saint and Hart as the big bad wolf again even though Vince and Bret had just buried the damn hatchet a few years prior!
    He wasn't portrayed as a Saint per say but they definitely put the spin on it and made it about how tough it was to do it instead of the more honest approach of it being a horrible thing to do. They also did a great spin on the Shawn Michaels - Hogan feud as by all accounts Hogan didn't refuse to do the job, Vince rather wanted it to go that way, I think it was DiBiase or Hayes who said it should be about the guy who is still here who can put talent over which is why Shawn should have won, bullshit, the bigger crime was committed a year later when Orton fucking lost to him. There is no excuse for that shit.

Agreed. I was all for Hogan going over Michaels, but he had zero reason to beat Orton.

Shawn Michaels DVD basically drove the point home that it was Triple H that got everyone behind the idea of doing business for Bret Hart. Triple H said it himself in the DVD, "Fuck him, if he doesn't want to do business you do business for him (Vince)."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    My five favorites (not necessarily in this order) are Stone Cold, CM Punk, Edge, The Rock from last year and John Cena from 2007.

Stone Cold's is probably the best they've ever done, though.
    I'd have to agree with the bolded part. Really well done. CM Punk's docu is also really good. Shawn Michaels: My Journey is a good one. True Story of Wrestlemania and Jake Roberts: Pick your poison would round out my top 5 I guess.

I suppose it's not really a documentary, more of a sit-down interview, but the main feature from the Bret/HBK Rivalry DVD is one of my favourite releases. Really fascinating just simply seeing the two of them sitting together going over their history and surprisingly emotional at times.

Of the few that I've watched, my favorite is "Jake "The Snake" Roberts: Pick Your Poison." This one stays with you like he did as a wrestler. Truly creepy indeed. Although I was never a fan of the Ultimate Warrior, "The Self-Destruction Of The Ultimate Warrior" was quite amusing. I mean, it's worth watching just to view some of his old promos. I would recommend watching this back-to-back with Warrior's shoot interview that was a rebuttal to this documentary.

Honestly, I don't watch a lot of these but I want to watch, "Roddy Piper: Born To Controversy." I don't think this is a documentary, but I liked "Macho Madness - The Randy Savage Ultimate Collection" as well.
    Last edited by sillyrabbit; 07-16-2013 at 03:47 PM.

No love for Heenan's Doc? I thought it was brilliant. Best manager of all time. 1 half of the best color commentary team of all time. One of my favorites

“I am not threatened by any man whose name is three letters.”

- Damien Sandow
    in response to RVD's return

Thread Information