Thread: chris benoit movie who's going to play him

Question chris benoit movie who's going to play him

MoviePilot.com reports that actor Liev Schreiber has been tapped to play Chris Benoit in a movie about the tragic double murder-suicide. The movie is titled Crossface and is written by Sarah Coulter.
    The movie will reportedly cover Benoit's life from the early days in his career through the final days of his life where he murdered his son and wife. Several WWE stars including Triple H and Vince McMahon will be portrayed.

i'm sure alot of ya prob won't see this i bet this will never be in theater possible dvd

Default Re: chris benoit movie who's going to play him

Ugh. Why put his name out there even for bad publicity? Under movies that should never happen:THIS.
    [I]
    Taker, one of the greatest Legends in History
    Forever A Warrior
    Shout out to Bender for the Sig.

So he fought a Wolverine, and now he's gonna be a Wolverine. It's actually a pretty smart choice, considering both never learned how to crack a smile. He's an accomplished actor, but he's as stoic as they come. It's a good casting choice...

Quote Originally Posted by StunVKMcmahon View Post
    Ugh. Why put his name out there even for bad publicity? Under movies that should never happen:THIS.
    As wrestling fans though, it's close to home for us, so unthinkable that they dare touch this (Personally, I'm surprised it took this long, tbh). For the rest of the world, it's no different than other "Based on a true story" crime movie on the Lifetime Network. I'm sure there's still a good amount of people who've never even heard of the Benoit murders.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MachoWarrior View Post
    As wrestling fans though, it's close to home for us, so unthinkable that they dare touch this (Personally, I'm surprised it took this long, tbh). For the rest of the world, it's no different than other "Based on a true story" crime movie on the Lifetime Network. I'm sure there's still a good amount of people who've never even heard of the Benoit murders.
    I was gonna say this has Lifetime written all over it. Also, I think there's more people in the market of seeing this film that know about it than don't. It had more than it's fair share of time in the pop culture world.

I get it. Still makes me sick to think about it. He was one of my favorite wrestlers until. Man had skill. Horrific.
    [I]
    Taker, one of the greatest Legends in History
    Forever A Warrior
    Shout out to Bender for the Sig.

Story has been proven false. Liev is denying it on Twitter.

There's no need for this movie

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MachoWarrior View Post
    So he fought a Wolverine, and now he's gonna be a Wolverine. It's actually a pretty smart choice, considering both never learned how to crack a smile. He's an accomplished actor, but he's as stoic as they come. It's a good casting choice...

Exactly. Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer is a fantastic movie even though it is based on a true story of a mass murderer. Not that I respect him or cherish him in any way, but it is still a compelling story and done very well. There are movies based on Jeffrey Dhamer and others, so this isn't something I would automatically condemn. It is true, I lost all respect for Chris Benoit and understand the dissassociation WWE has from him. I really don't think there's a huge market for this though.

Quote Originally Posted by Repperton View Post
    I was gonna say this has Lifetime written all over it. Also, I think there's more people in the market of seeing this film that know about it than don't. It had more than it's fair share of time in the pop culture world.
    No, not enough women get beaten in the Chris Benoit story in order for it to be a Lifetime movie.

http://www.comedycentral.com/video-c...sents-manatees

At :43

I always imagined if they would do a movie involving Benoit, it would also be about Jericho and Guerrero. Just make it about the unappreciated talen of WCW going to the WWE and how they managed to make something of themselves. About Eddie's drug issues, Jericho's backstage political issues, and Benoit's idk issues, and how they overcame the obsticles. End it with text about what happened after, Guerrero died in 05 of heart failure, Jericho left and returned while touring his band, Benoit committed double homicide and then suicide.
    BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD
    THE BEST NEWS IS BAD NEWS
    Cena fan for LIFE

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

I don't know how I feel about this. It's been a while, but it still feels like it's opening a fresh wound. He was one of my all time favorites and it's a shame how everything ended.

I wonder how they're gonna go with this. Are they gonna show it from the point of view of a man with mental issues, or just portray him as a silent guy who took a bit too much steroids and snapped? I also wonder how much (or if) they're going to bash the wrestling community/business.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

Franchise&GCBRollinITBack Franchise's Avatar

I think this could be a very interesting film. If it's made, I'll watch it for sure.

Banned

Whoever is making this movie better hope WWE doesn't take notice of this

'Is tapped to play Chris Benoit'

Is that a pun?
    BEST AVATAR IN THE WORLD!
    The winner of Summerfest!'s Signature Face-Off!
    Thanks to all who give rep

Thread Information