Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why not?

Default why not?

Its been discussed a million times but with the eventual HHH takeover and how he talked about on Raw what's good for business let's discuss the belts. There is no need for the WWE and WHC belts let's have an awesome wrestlemania unification match. Do the same with the US and Intercontinental belts. Let's be honest no has cared about the US belt for a long time. Next bring back some form of the cruiserweight championship. It will give guys like Kofi, Gabriel, Sin Cara etc a reason to be productive and more entertaining on TV. Also and this can happen or not but bringing back the European title for up and comers to give them a share of the spotlight doesn't sound too bad to me. Its not as prestigious as the IC belt and would fit as the low level title and bring a sense of nostalgia and freshness. I think this would be entertaining and could realistically get us a title defense every week on TV. And it sounds good for business.

Default Re: why not?

Because it makes no sense to combine 2 sets of titles only to then introduce 2 more.

Credit to Bender for the awesome sig and av.
    Spoiler

Weight limits are the WORST.

It's not real, everybody knows it, so let the smaller guys hang with big ones.

Getting rid of a world title for a lower midcard title is good for business how?

HAYZE

So you want...
    - 1 top title
    - 1 upper mid-card
    - 2 third-tier titles (you suggested Cruiserweight and European titles)

But...we have that already...

WWE Championship - top title
    World Heavyweight Championship - upper mid-card title, aka what everyone wants the IC title to be
    Intercontinental and United States titles - two third-tier belts, aka what everyone wants the Hardcore, European, and/or Cruiserweight titles to come back as

surrender

Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    So you want
    - one top title
    - one upper mid-card
    - two third-tier titles (you suggested Cruiserweight and European titles)

World Heavyweight Championship - upper mid-card title, aka what everyone wants the IC title to be
    Intercontinental and United States titles - two third-tier belts, aka what everyone wants the Hardcore, European, and/or Cruiserweight titles to come back as
    So, just like every time before, it's a suggestion that revolves around removing and adding titles just for the sake of a word.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwolf View Post
    So, just like every time before, it's a suggestion that revolves around removing and adding titles just for the sake of a word.
    Yup. As usual, the obsession with getting rid of the WHC is purely based on the word "World."

It's right up there with the Randy Orton heel turn craze in "Things I'll Never Understand."

HAYZE

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    So you want...
    - 1 top title
    - 1 upper mid-card
    - 2 third-tier titles (you suggested Cruiserweight and European titles)

I certainly don't want the WHC to become a mid-card championship. It has more prestige and history than the WWE title does. I want clarification. You have one company with 2 world champions. What I would prefer as many others would is a unification. One world champion for your company. The mid-card titles, and especially the ICC deserve to and be treated as a step on the ladder towards the World Heavyweight Championship.

I get it worked when there was a brand seperation but that no longer exists.

Why do people still seem to want WWE to do a title that's based on a weight limit?

They've never done it well and will never miss an opportunity have said cruiserweight champion look like nothing against a larger opponent.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Maestro View Post
    When djm is telling you to wait and see, you really do need calm yo ass.
    Calm yo ass down, worrying about Cesaro.

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    They've never done it well and will never miss an opportunity have said cruiserweight champion look like nothing against a larger opponent.
    To be fair, they've never needed to have a weight-class title belt to do that.

There were times when the Cruiserweight Championship seemed like a big deal and drew additional attention to the mid-card. But WWE by no means needs a Cruiserweight Championship to accomplish that; they just need better booking and writing.

I see where you're all coming from and as far as what I was going for the world title unification and us ic unification is to be rid of 2 world titles because its pointless hell call it the world title if they want. And make the ic title worth something again. And I said some form of the cruiserweight title just because guys like Gabriel and sin cara etc...have nothing to go for wwe could do something like the x division in TNA. The European I said could come back or stay away but basically right now we have 2 world titles and all this accomplishes is shitting on the history and prestige of the WHC and Intercontinental championship.

The world title will stay around for two reasons:
    - Smackdown
    - Smackdown house shows
    BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD
    THE BEST NEWS IS BAD NEWS
    Cena fan for LIFE

Raw and smack down house shows are no more its straight wwe live now.

Yeah, but ideally they'd still like to have a champion to headline each set of house shows.

HAYZE

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    Yeah, but ideally they'd still like to have a champion to headline each set of house shows.
    This. House show I went to last month had Cena,Bray Wyatt,Jericho,and Sheamus. Other house show that day got Team Hell No,Shield,Ziggler.

Banned

Back in the 80's when Hogan was champ, they'd run A and B shows. Often times the tag-teams (Hart Foundation, British Bulldogs, Rockers, etc.) would headline the B show. I'm just saying it's worked in the past. Why do you need 2 seperate world champions?

Banned

If yr going to fuck with the belts then unify the heavyweight titles and elevate IC title as focus of Smackdown. Then have a multi episode tourney for the US title.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaKid View Post
    If yr going to fuck with the belts then unify the heavyweight titles and elevate IC title as focus of Smackdown. Then have a multi episode tourney for the US title.
    So what exactly does this change, though?

HAYZE

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    So what exactly does this change, though?
    takes one belt away, elevates the stature of the IC (hopefully), and widens the pool of contenders for the US belt instead of them being split between the currently meaningless IC and US belts. This is of course dependent on WWE doing it right.

Banned

The US title isn't meaningless. Dean Ambrose has it!

Quote Originally Posted by ThaKid View Post
    takes one belt away, elevates the stature of the IC (hopefully), and widens the pool of contenders for the US belt instead of them being split between the currently meaningless IC and US belts. This is of course dependent on WWE doing it right.
    Wouldn't it just be easier to take the US Title away, then?

HAYZE

Banned

No. The world belt. You know, the one they unified last time.

But why not take away the least important belt, instead of taking away one that has been built up to a decent level just to build up others?

It's counter productive.

HAYZE

Banned

Because taking away the Divas title is sexist.

I think really that belt needs to go away because those 2 titles are meant to represent the same thing. The problem is that thing is defined by being the one and only. I mean those 2 titles have danced around eachother for decades now. Time to put one to rest and since the new WWE title is pretty sick, retire the classic. Different props for different spots but a unification is in order. I'm all for unifying the 2 midcard titles too. Like Edge did before as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Repperton View Post
    Because taking away the Divas title is sexist.

I think really that belt needs to go away because those 2 titles are meant to represent the same thing. The problem is that thing is defined by being the one and only. I mean those 2 titles have danced around eachother for decades now. Time to put one to rest and since the new WWE title is pretty sick, retire the classic. Different props for different spots but a unification is in order. I'm all for unifying the 2 midcard titles too. Like Edge did before as well.
    They're not meant to represent the same thing anymore, though. I understand the WHC used to be the top title of its particular company before it was in WWE, but it's clearly secondary to the WWE Title now.

And if they got rid of it, you know what that would mean? More John Cena.

HAYZE

Thread Information