Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If You Were To Repackage Mason Ryan For His Push, What Would You Do?

Banned

Default If You Were To Repackage Mason Ryan For His Push, What Would You Do?

If they were to repackage this guy, I'd like to see a slow return to a few goofy gimmicks for the WWE (ala mid nineties) so I would make him a restaurant critic.

Dress him up in a tweed jacket, tanned slacks, spectacles and a monocle.

He puts on his best upper class british and talks about his love of fine food at first..

Give him a segment called 'Mason's Culinary Review' where they set up a table for two in the ring and serve Mason and his guest (some random lower card wrestler) some high class food.

Everything is going well between the two, Mason has a mic and gives the food a good review, but then his guest accidentally spills his wine or messes up his cutlery or something.

That's when the crazy insane side of Mason comes out, he loses his temper over the besmirching of his food. He flips the table over, smashes his guest's face in, then hits a big slam/powerbomb, whatever through the table.

He rips of his clothes and shouts at his victim "Don't mess with my dinner!!"

Run this for about 9 weeks or so, with a few matches in between. The segment becomes a hit because the crowd will be anticipating Mason flipping out and watching the monocle drop from his face before the beatdown.

The rest takes care of himself. He can beat HHH at WM to solidify his spot. Then him and Triple H could form a tag team reviewing food from around the world and each segment ends with a bar fight with the employees of the bar. THE RATINGS WILL SKYROCKET!!
    Last edited by BringThePain513; 07-09-2013 at 02:18 PM.

Default Re: If You Were To Repackage Mason Ryan For His Push, What Would You Do?

I'd repackage him as the unemployed wonder.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

is Fan Fic's biggest bust Dazz Hands's Avatar

Default Re: If You Were To Repackage Mason Ryan For His Push, What Would You Do?

Repackage him as a pizza delivery boy, and every time someone doesnt give him a good tip, he destroys them.

Bender

PW Accolades

Spoiler

Notice me, Maddox Senpai Falcone's Avatar

Team him up with Oliver Grey when he comes back from being injured, as a blatant parody of the british stereotype.

Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    I never thought I'd say this, but ... dammit, give Falcy a modship!
    FALCONE 4 MOD 2027 (I'm being realistic)

Have him join Zeb International as the British guy.

Dress him as Sin Cara and act as if he actually is Sin Cara.

Give him facepaint and make him a modern day Ultimate Warrior.

Banned

They should have made him the new Heyman guy. Not that douche Curtis axel.

From what i've seen, the guy is greener then grass. The only way i'd repackage him is as a guy who walks out of the door.

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am then love me for something i'm not
    Come one, come three and sign up for PW King Of Trios http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=124872

PW Power 25 winner July 2014

The 2014 PW video game draft http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=124821

Chant Mason Ryan no matter the character so I can look cool and in the know.

Thanks to the glorious princess of banners and mod type thingies Sandra.

Give him a Welsh stereotype where he wrestles in a Sheep mask. Then make him feud with Erick Rowan in a Sheep Mask vs. Goat Mask match.

I'd then unite the two, sign Shark Boy and have the three form a stable called 'The Animals'.

He fucking blows. I think everyone and their mum knows that he's in the WWE because of his body. Needs to improve a lot for me to want to see him even slightly on the main roster.
    Thanks too Fresh Prince

is Fan Fic's biggest bust Dazz Hands's Avatar

I thought Batista quit in 2010 anyways..... wait, this is about Mason Ryan isn't it.

Note: Was the joke good? No. Do you all get it? Yes, and that's what really matters.

Bender

PW Accolades

Spoiler

If he has to stay with the WWE, I would repackage him as a new age Brooklyn Brawler. He could be the Welsh Brawler.

Oh, and I would have him lead a new J.O.B. Squad with Riley, Hawkins, Truth, and Ryder in it with him.

surrender

I'd also consider repackaging him as Katie Vick's brother, Mason Vick.

Batista with an accent. It's the role he was born to play.

If not that then he can be a dog grooming extraordinaire. He'd come to the ring with a posse of dolled up Bulldogs.

Banned

I'd have to agree with some above sentiments about this Mason Ryan. He's pretty terrible in the ring, horrible on the mic (remember when him and Ezekial had a microphone exchange? It was excruciating).

Future endeavor him. Who cares if he's muscled up and has a decent look. He's talentless.

Another gimmick I think would be good is to basically make him Homer Simpson.

He can get hit all the time, but never get knocked out and his opponents usually lose because they tire out trying to knock him out. Also, outside of the ring he can be a big fan of Donuts. I think we all know what his catchphrase would be....Doh.

Yeah, WWE would get sued if they did this, but it could be hilarious.

surrender

I'm down with the Homer Simpson boxer gimmick. That episode was pure class.

Although what they should do with him is give him a weekly Youtube channel in which creative has nothing for him ... Oh, wait. That's been done before by a much more entertaining guy for whom creative, for some inexplicable reason, had nothing.

We could package Mason Ryan as a "John Laurinaitis guy" (y'know, like how Curtis is a "Paul Heyman guy") and have WWE wish him the best in his future endeavors!

(In all seriousness, if he ever develops any in-ring ability, stick him as someone's heavy until he's ready to break out on his own. Tried and true.)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Wallaby View Post
    if he ever develops any in-ring ability
    So you do agree that he is currently talentless? Why future endeavor Curtis Axel, the current Intercontinental Champion with one of the greatest managers of all-time? Does Mason Ryan have some upside to him, some talent, other than his muscularity?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SM View Post
    Another gimmick I think would be good is to basically make him Homer Simpson.

He can get hit all the time, but never get knocked out and his opponents usually lose because they tire out trying to knock him out. Also, outside of the ring he can be a big fan of Donuts. I think we all know what his catchphrase would be....Doh.

Yeah, WWE would get sued if they do this, but it could be hilarious
    BRILLIANT. Just BRILLIANT

I would repackage him as a man who believes he's actually a seesaw.

Banned

I just thought of another idea. Turn him into this very exotic character who is borderline gay in appearance. Do any of you remember Xerxes from the movie "300" he had this God like look to him with the bald head, and all the gold. I think Mason Ryan should shave his head bald, and wear gold like some sort of Sumerian King. He should have a gran entrance with a hosts of females who are covered in cloth from head to toe. They would put down a red carpet for him, and throw down flowers in his path. I would give him elaborate entrance attire. I wouldn't have him speak for weeks, and or months. I would have him destroy his opponents as if they were mere peasants. His ladies would say few words to the people asking questions. Basically telling the WWE Universe that Mason will address the WWE Universe when he feels they are ready to hear the voice of perfection speak.

I would call him "Titan". I would have him wear a mask similar to a Trojan warrior, and have him dressed with gold. A very slow, and elaborate entrance with the women chanting "All hail Titan". Make him look like a warrior, but have him look a bit overly fancy, or flamboyant. Not talking for so long is something that I feel would add to the mysteriousness behind the character. Then, at some point you have a new character added into Titan's world. It would be the person who speaks for him at all times. Basically a manager, but someone who can sell a similar look to Titan. Just a person in a suit wouldn't make any sense here. Prince Nana would be ideal, but since he isn't signed to the WWE I am going to go with Sylvester Lefort, if you go back to some of Lefort's independent work he had a very similar gimmick to what I am describing. Lefort would be the ideal manager for this eccentric character known as "Titan"

He can be a modern day knight, to play off of the Game of Thrones success. Call him, Mason Greenbiar, son of Ryan Greenbriar of house Welsch.

Hey it worked for Paul Burchill right?

Got Steam? Join the PW.com User Group and play with people you argue with online!
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PWForum

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
    So you do agree that he is currently talentless? Why future endeavor Curtis Axel, the current Intercontinental Champion with one of the greatest managers of all-time? Does Mason Ryan have some upside to him, some talent, other than his muscularity?
    Did I call for Curtis Axel to get future endeavored? I don't think so; I think he just isn't talented (charismatic) enough to warrant this push.

I don't really want guys to lose their jobs unless they do something genuinely worthy of being released (i.e. Jack Swagger). But for the guys who may or may not work out in the future ... I'd rather they keep working on their craft. I mean, who would have expected Deacon Batista to turn into one of WWE's top stars?

Thread Information