Thread: Lets say someone won both the WWE title and World heavyweight title...

Default Lets say someone won both the WWE title and World heavyweight title...

This isn't a 'when is it gonna happen?' or 'Is it gonna happen?' thread this is 'if they did it' thread. Lets say it happened, would WWE combine the belts or keep them seperate? How long would it last if they decided to keep them seperate? Like would whoever won it just lose it at the next PPV then just go back to two belts or do you think it's something that the WWE would actually keep running and have someone just defend both belts? And who do you think would actually be able to pull it off? I remember when Dolph mentioned that he was gonna win the Royal Rumble and go onto cash his WHC MITB case and win the Heavyweight title and use the Royal Rumble win to win the WWE thus winning both titles. I dunno if I'm right about this but he's the only one who's ever really cut a promo about winning both belts but I could be wrong and maybe I missed something, but it's not really talked about much on TV about winning both major belts.
    BEST AVATAR IN THE WORLD!
    The winner of Summerfest!'s Signature Face-Off!
    Thanks to all who give rep

Greatest Champion Ever The Champ's Avatar

Default Re: Lets say someone won both the WWE title and World heavyweight title...

I think it would be far more interesting for someone to hold both belts and keep them separate than the predictable unification angle.

It'd be an awesome heel tactic and could result in a cool moment where the guy loses both in one night.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Default Re: Lets say someone won both the WWE title and World heavyweight title...

I wonder how they'd go about it, Dolph mentioning winning MITB and the Rumble could make it possible and make the wrestler who's going for it look strong, the only person who could've actually done it was Cena thinking about it...had he not cashed in his case before Royal Rumble that is

Banned

So instead of a unification, you have one guy holding two (2) world titles at the same time? So there's more than one world and this guy is the champion of them both? Or, am I not understanding? Ultimate Warrior would be perfect for this role. I could imagine the promos now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    I think it would be far more interesting for someone to hold both belts and keep them separate than the predictable unification angle.

It'd be an awesome heel tactic and could result in a cool moment where the guy loses both in one night.
    I crapped on Daniel Bryan a lot after his debut, but his little engine that could not the weakest link gimmick would be perfect as someone trying to defend both titles at once.

Credit to Bender for the awesome sig and av.
    Spoiler

Y2J CHRIS JERICO IS THE FIRST UNDISPUTED CHAMPION OF WWE

AND HE DEFEATED THE ROCK AND STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN IN THE SAME NIGHT!

-Fresh Prince-
    Chief Ass Whooper of Sorry Sons of Bitches! - Stone Cold Steve Austin

But couldn't beat Cena

Banned

Y2J is the first Undisputed Champion of WWE history, but did he go around and defend each title sperately? No they were unified. He held two 'belts' but it was still only one championship.

I think it's silly to say "I'm the World Heavyweight Champion and the WWE Champion." It kind of shits on the whole idea of there being two world champions in WWE (I hope it does happen for that reason) but I still think one company having 2 world champions, and especially one person holding them both, is far beyond asinine.

I don't see what is wrong with this idea in principle. To win a championship, you win a wrestling match against a champion. It's definitely possible for a WWE Champion to win the WHC in a title match or vice versa. It's just like a wrestler holding any two championships at the same time, which has happened many times before, and has been entirely plausible. The fact that two world titles are involved doesn't change this logic in my eyes.

As Champ said, I think it would be a really interesting storyline if this were to happen, especially if the blowoff was the double champion losing both titles in the same match, as suffered by Kurt Angle at Wrestlemania 2000.

Banned

Kurt Angle didn't lose two World Heavyweight championships tho. Ultimo Dragon once held 8 titles at the same time. I have no problem with holding multiple championships. The problem lies with holding 2 world heavyweight championships within the same company.

So this is an issue with the names of the titles than the concept itself. That's fine. Some people don't mind the two world champions thing, others hate it. Let's just agree to disagree.

Thread Information