Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32

Thread: Mark Henry's path to the WWE title

  1. #1
    Senior Member sillyrabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    157

    Default Mark Henry's path to the WWE title

    Here are my thoughts on how I see Henry winning the WWE title, if he ever wins it.

    I think that he will lose at Money In The Bank. Then Cena will lose at Summer Slam to Bryan. And Bryan will lose to Henry at Night Of Champions. Finally, Henry will lose to Bryan at Hell In A Cell. From this, Henry challenges Bryan on Raw in a rematch, but loses. Henry cries foul... Controversy. Whoever is the World Heavyweight title holder comes out to confront him. Consequently, this exchange leads to a match at Survivor Series. Henry wins his second World Heavyweight title. At Royal Rumble, he defends his title but, eventually, loses it to Barrett on Raw. At this point, I would give Henry a shot at the tag team titles with Langston or other. It doesn't necessarily have to be a long run. The point is to have Henry conclude his career on a positive note and for him to pass the torch to Langston to be the next powerhouse heel. Eventually, I think he [Langston] will turn face and be that for a while.

    I chose Night Of Champions since Henry has won the ECW and World Heavyweight titles at the same PPV.

  2. #2
    Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Age
    21
    Posts
    3,355

    Default Re: Mark Henry's path to the WWE title

    That's a ton of title changes.

    Unfortunately, I don't see the belt coming off of Cena for a long while.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

  3. #3
    World's Largest Member Lionhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,528

    Default Re: Mark Henry's path to the WWE title

    Quote Originally Posted by BestInThe205 View Post
    That's a ton of title changes.

    Unfortunately, I don't see the belt coming off of Cena for a long while.
    I don't see why people subscribe to the notion that Cena will hold the title for a long time.
    .
    If there's any two guys that should take it from him, it's Henry or Bryan.

    I don't see why people think it's a given that Henry will lose, either. I see Bryan winning, if he does, off Henry before I see it with Cena.


    Spoiler

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    173

    Default Re: Mark Henry's path to the WWE title

    I'd live to see Henry win the belt. But Barrett isn't winning it. I don't think he should anyway. Barrett bores me to death. I hate hearing him talk and his move set isn't very good either. I don't see what everyone's obsession with him is.

  5. #5
    < You Djm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Singularity, by way of Detroit
    Posts
    10,993

    Default Re: Mark Henry's path to the WWE title

    Quote Originally Posted by Lionhart View Post
    I don't see why people subscribe to the notion that Cena will hold the title for a long time.
    .
    If there's any two guys that should take it from him, it's Henry or Bryan.

    I don't see why people think it's a given that Henry will lose, either. I see Bryan winning, if he does, off Henry before I see it with Cena.
    I'm not being snarky or cynical here. But it is simply because it is John Cena, and they will never stop pushing him.
    The IWC will never be happy unless Daniel Bryan wins both world titles, makes Batista tap out and makes HHH look like a total bitch in the process.
    Consider me a satisfied customer.

  6. #6
    World's Largest Member Lionhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,528

    Default Re: Mark Henry's path to the WWE title

    Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    I'm not being snarky or cynical here. But it is simply because it is John Cena, and they will never stop pushing him.
    Del Rio. Punk. Sheamus.

    The last three guys to take the WWE title off Cena. Henry would fit in fine there. Cena will have to drop it when it means something...it means something if Bryan or Henry win.

    It won't mean shit, really, if anyone else takes it off him. All three of those guys weren't perceived to be on Cena's level when they won it from him. Henry winning will be fine.


    Spoiler

  7. #7
    Senior Member sillyrabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    157

    Default Re: Mark Henry's path to the WWE title

    Well, I can't speak for others but I've always liked William Regal. I don't think a lot of wrestling fans really took to him. Whatever. I like English wrestlers. My choice of Barrett winning the World Heavyweight title was due to my interest in somebody else not named Del Rio, Ziggler or Christian holding it. If not Barrett, perhaps, Cesaro.

    I digress, I've no problem with Henry winning the WWE title at Money In The Bank. However, there's no real way to write an outcome for this main event without it coming off as predictable. I mean, very predictable. The match needs a shock to happen to decide the outcome.
    Last edited by sillyrabbit; 07-05-2013 at 06:42 PM.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    173

    Default Re: Mark Henry's path to the WWE title

    I definitely can see Henry beating Cena. He's gotten a lot of heat over the past 3 weeks. But everyone here knows Cena won't be losing this match. I hate it but that's the way it is. If I'm wrong and Henry wins then I will gladly say I was wrong.

  9. #9
    Face of the WWE section Oncall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,002

    Default Re: Mark Henry's path to the WWE title

    I definitely think one of them (Henry or Bryan) will indeed take the title off of Cena. I think Bryan is the more likely of the two though.

    Credit to DC for the hometown hero trophy



    Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am then love me for something i'm not
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRed View Post
    Why don't you all just venture to Ohio and we can have one big, incestuous orgy.
    Winner of WWE Hometown Heroes at PW Mania X

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,362

    Default Re: Mark Henry's path to the WWE title

    Henry won't win the gold with one moth's worth of momentum. Just don't see it happening. I would like to see him win the belt though and then have DB come out to cash in and have Mark Henry just fucking level him. Before it's official so Henry can keep the gold for RAW and then drop or retire or something. I don't want a long Henry run but I would like to see him get to call everyone a puppet which fucking ruled. WWE needs black stars and losing Henry isn't a good thing. The guy should be the King of Smackdown for at least a year. Might not be fast paced action but you'll understand it doesn't have to be because Mark Henry will kill you.

  11. #11
    Piltover Punkrocker Kara's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Piltover
    Age
    32
    Posts
    9,610

    Default Re: Mark Henry's path to the WWE title

    I was checking on wikipedia because I was thinking of something. I was thinking he could win the title and become the last ever grand slam champion that actually has a chance of happening (Christian), simply because he said he has held every title but the wwf one. But according to wikipedia he has never head the tag titles or the IC/US titles. I thought he held them all, but I guess not, and its a shame because 1 final grand slam champ would be cool to see.

    Credit to Bender for the awesome sig and av.
    Spoiler

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,362

    Default Re: Mark Henry's path to the WWE title

    Quote Originally Posted by Kara View Post
    I was checking on wikipedia because I was thinking of something. I was thinking he could win the title and become the last ever grand slam champion that actually has a chance of happening (Christian), simply because he said he has held every title but the wwf one. But according to wikipedia he has never head the tag titles or the IC/US titles. I thought he held them all, but I guess not, and its a shame because 1 final grand slam champ would be cool to see.
    What if somehow Mark Henry created a teleportation device and during it's first real human test run D'Lo Brown snuck in somehow and they became spliced together like in The Fly!

  13. #13
    Senior Member sillyrabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    157

    Default Re: Mark Henry's path to the WWE title

    As far as the black talent is concern, they've a chance to emerge sooner than later. It all depends on their individual marketability. Not to mention, they've to exhibit real talent on the microphone, not just in the ring. I know, that's self-explanatory. But, sometimes, as fans, we lose sight of these crucial points.

    Right now, Langston, Kingston, PTP, Fox and Naomi have long-term potential. Conversely, I'm uncertain if either Ezekiel Jackson or David Otunga have a future with the company. Admittedly, I like Otunga's legal adviser gimmick.

    I concur. Henry will be missed in the short-term. He was old school. He was a true heel. I really dislike ambiguity in wrestling. In my opinion, you're either a good guy or a bad guy. I mean, I recall Ted DiBiase as always being a heel character. Conversely, when you flip-flop over and over, in some cases. It's irksome. For example, Del Rio was awesome as a heel. Then he turned face which never worked for me. And became lame real fast. Although he's back to being a heel, I don't care about him anymore.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    173

    Default Re: Mark Henry's path to the WWE title

    It's funny how people think differently because I thought Del Rio was so boring as a heel. Heck, I don't like him as a face either. I just think he's boring all around. I can't understand much of what he says during his promos. Sorry, but they are pushing the wrong guy waaaaay too hard

  15. #15
    Senior Member sillyrabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    157

    Default Re: Mark Henry's path to the WWE title

    To answer the Del Rio question, for me, like The Rock, it has more to do with his ability to sound convincing as a heel when he speaks. "The Pope" and Joe are other perfect examples. A lot of these guys are good workers to boot.

  16. #16
    Mr. Psychopath KBC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Richmond, Ky
    Posts
    1,267

    Default Re: Mark Henry's path to the WWE title

    Mark Henry win the WWE Championship? Never. The company felt "safe" giving him the World Heavyweight Championship because it's the second biggest title in the company. He can call himself World Heavyweight Champion and that's fine by the WWE. But for him to hold the "elite" jewel of the WWE, the prestigious title that is reserved only for the selected few that sell the most merchandise and put the most asses in seats? Never happen. Make no mistake, if John Cena were to die during the course of their match at Money In The Bank PPV, Mark Henry would have orders to roll John Cena's corpse on top of him for the pin fall loss.
    http://www.wrestlingforum.com
    www.wrestleweek.com
    http://community.theblackvault.com/

    ( ಠ_ಠ) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,362

    Default Re: Mark Henry's path to the WWE title

    Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    Mark Henry win the WWE Championship? Never. The company felt "safe" giving him the World Heavyweight Championship because it's the second biggest title in the company. He can call himself World Heavyweight Champion and that's fine by the WWE. But for him to hold the "elite" jewel of the WWE, the prestigious title that is reserved only for the selected few that sell the most merchandise and put the most asses in seats? Never happen. Make no mistake, if John Cena were to die during the course of their match at Money In The Bank PPV, Mark Henry would have orders to roll John Cena's corpse on top of him for the pin fall loss.
    Sheamus held it. There's no standard. This is the best version of Mark Henry that has ever existed. He's a new man with a purpose and that purpose is to fuck guys up. It's a very basic character but it's one people can understand and then love him or hate him. I'm not saying it's a lock but he can't be discounted just because he's never done it before. He's never been good before. He is a great transitional champ to DB if they wanna strap him and capitalize on his current momentum.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,146

    Default Re: Mark Henry's path to the WWE title

    Henry wins at MITB and Bryan cashes in on him to win the title.

  19. #19
    Always Believe... Slushy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,908

    Default Re: Mark Henry's path to the WWE title

    Mark Henry has a history of proving people wrong as seen with his PPV matches against The Big Show, Randy Orton, and Ryback. All of those bouts he was expected to lose and yet he beat all three men...clean.

    In the 50 year history, there has never been a full black wrestler to win that title and given Henry's 17 years of service, he deserves that honor. Mark my words, The World's Strongest Man will be the next WWE Champion.
    Last edited by Slushy; 07-10-2013 at 07:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret Hart, 1992
    I dedicate this moment to anyone who still believes the biggest dreams can still come true.
    R.I.P. The Wrestlemania Streak
    March 24, 1991 - April 6, 2014

  20. #20
    World's Largest Member Lionhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,528

    Default Re: Mark Henry's path to the WWE title

    Quote Originally Posted by Slushy View Post
    Mark Henry has a history of proving people wrong as seen with his PPV matches against The Big Show, Randy Orton, and Ryback. All of those bouts he was expected to lose and yet he beat all three men...clean.

    In the 50 year history, there has never been a full black wrestler to win that title and given Henry's 17 years of service, he deserves that honor. Mark my words, The World's Strongest Man will be the next WWE Champion.
    This. So much.

    People thought he wouldn't beat Orton, and he shocked a lot of people. Putting him against Cena gives him the perfect opportunity to do it again, and then say I told you so...once again.

    And in all honesty, Bryan would get over way more by beating Henry. That's really the best way to go about it.


    Spoiler

  21. #21
    World's Largest Member Lionhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,528

    Default Re: Mark Henry's path to the WWE title

    Quote Originally Posted by Repperton View Post
    Henry won't win the gold with one moth's worth of momentum. Just don't see it happening. I would like to see him win the belt though and then have DB come out to cash in and have Mark Henry just fucking level him. Before it's official so Henry can keep the gold for RAW and then drop or retire or something. I don't want a long Henry run but I would like to see him get to call everyone a puppet which fucking ruled. WWE needs black stars and losing Henry isn't a good thing. The guy should be the King of Smackdown for at least a year. Might not be fast paced action but you'll understand it doesn't have to be because Mark Henry will kill you.
    What? Henry is gold right now. He's as good as Punk was two years ago.

    Punk literally had like two weeks of momentum, AND he was leaving the company. He still went over.

    Sheamus had less momentum than that when he beat Cena.


    Spoiler

  22. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,362

    Default Re: Mark Henry's path to the WWE title

    Quote Originally Posted by Lionhart View Post
    What? Henry is gold right now. He's as good as Punk was two years ago.

    Punk literally had like two weeks of momentum, AND he was leaving the company. He still went over.

    Sheamus had less momentum than that when he beat Cena.
    That's why I couldn't believe Sheamus and was hugely turned off by his title run and everything after. Fellaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

    Just because Mark Henry cut one good promo doesn't make him on the level of CM Punk. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. lol.

  23. #23
    World's Largest Member Lionhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,528

    Default Re: Mark Henry's path to the WWE title

    Quote Originally Posted by Repperton View Post
    That's why I couldn't believe Sheamus and was hugely turned off by his title run and everything after. Fellaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

    Just because Mark Henry cut one good promo doesn't make him on the level of CM Punk. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. lol.
    His character right now is better than Punk's is. I don't care what you say. Henry has been delivering some great promos.


    Spoiler

  24. #24
    A Real American The Champ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    15,031

    Default Re: Mark Henry's path to the WWE title

    Henry is NOT as good as Punk was two years ago. Come on now, that's a ridiculous stretch.

    I like the guy; he had slowly been winning me over and officially won me over with the retirement promo, but he is not CM Punk.

    HAYZE

  25. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,362

    Default Re: Mark Henry's path to the WWE title

    Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    Henry is NOT as good as Punk was two years ago. Come on now, that's a ridiculous stretch.

    I like the guy; he had slowly been winning me over and officially won me over with the retirement promo, but he is not CM Punk.
    Exactly. Plus people forget what a massive failure he was as a face dressed like the Kool Aid man in his red outfit. Oh man.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •