Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brock's WM 30 Opponent?

Default Brock's WM 30 Opponent?

Source: The Wrestling Observer

Talks have reportedly started in planning for the top matches at WrestleMania 30.

Officials are currently discussing either The Rock or The Undertaker as potential opponents for Brock Lesnar as one of the main events for the show.
    I'd rather have him face Rock. I want Taker freed up to take on John Cena at WM 30.

Default Re: Brock's WM 30 Opponent?

Agreed with OP.

Lesnar vs. Cena and Rock vs. Taker is a loaded card.

#BelieveInTheMods
    [π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jericho View Post
    Agreed with OP.

Lesnar vs. Cena and Rock vs. Taker is a loaded card.
    Lesnar vs Cena would be WWE title match, right?
    WWE since 2009 No Mercy, still going on!

But CM Punk will most likely be in the WWE Championship match.

This report doesn't tell us anything new. We know that Brock is facing Rock if he agrees to come back, and is probably facing Taker if he doesn't.

(Not trying to bash you for posting it, JV, it's more a dig at Meltzer than anything.)

HAYZE

Just give us The Undertaker vs. John Cena and The Rock vs. Brock Lesnar, why is that so hard? I'm sure The Rock will be back to wrestle one more time at WrestleMania.

"Did you hear the one about the man, who can't be destroyed?"

Quote Originally Posted by L.T.D View Post
    Just give us The Undertaker vs. John Cena and The Rock vs. Brock Lesnar, why is that so hard? I'm sure The Rock will be back to wrestle one more time at WrestleMania.
    You and others can be sure all you want, but what matters is A) Whether Rock is sure and B) Whether his movie companies who have millions of dollars invested in him are sure.

It's nowhere near a done deal that he's back next year after the injury.

HAYZE

I still wish Lesnar would pick a movie role (maybe he can join the ever increasing Fast and Furious cast!) and thus, be too busy for Wrestlemania.

I want CM Punk vs Cena and Brock Lesnar vs The Rock next year. I don't know where that leaves The Undertaker, but as I'm personally sick of the streak angle, I really wouldn't mind if he took the year off.

How about this card:

Brock Lesnar vs The Rock
    The Undertaker vs Sting
    John Cena vs CM Punk

I would buy it.
    WWE since 2009 No Mercy, still going on!

Quote Originally Posted by BustUout View Post
    How about this card:

Brock Lesnar vs The Rock
    The Undertaker vs Sting
    John Cena vs CM Punk

I would buy it.
    Two of those matches would be garbage. No thank you.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwolf View Post
    I still wish Lesnar would pick a movie role (maybe he can join the ever increasing Fast and Furious cast!) and thus, be too busy for Wrestlemania.
    Or go back to MMA.

Thank you HAYZE!

My hope for Wrestlemania 30;

Taker vs. Cena
    Brock vs. Rock
    Austin vs. Punk
    Bryan vs. HHH

What I think we will get;

Cena vs. Taker
    Rock vs. Brock
    Punk vs. Bryan

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

My hope is:

Cena vs. Taker
    Punk vs. Brock for the WWE Championship

What I think we'll get if Rock returns:

Cena vs. Taker
    Rock vs. Brock
    Punk vs. Bryan

What I think we'll get if Rock doesn't return:

Cena vs. Punk
    Taker vs. Brock

HAYZE

Why does everyone want to see Cena vs Undertaker so much? It'll probably be the most predictable match on the card, and the build up for it would absolutely suck. Neither Cena or Undertaker are great on the mic.

Lesnar and Rock would be awesome simply because they are the two biggest crossover stars in history..

Lesnar and Undertaker would be awesome because of the pure physicality of the match, and its well known that they have legitimate beef with each other. The promos that Heyman cuts on Lesnars behalf would be epic.
    Last edited by Weezl; 07-03-2013 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Steve View Post
    Why does everyone want to see Cena vs Undertaker so much? It'll probably be the most predictable match on the card, and the build up for it would absolutely suck. Neither Cena or Undertaker are great on the mic.
    1. Taker's mic skills mean nothing - his reputation is that he puts on a classic at the biggest event of the year, that is promo enough
    2. In terms of predictability, sure Taker is likely to win. However is there anyone else on the roster that is as much of a threat to the Streak as Cena would be? To me it doesn't matter who wins, what matters is how well the WWE can create the illusion that the streak might be over during the course of the match.

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmania View Post
    1. Taker's mic skills mean nothing - his reputation is that he puts on a classic at the biggest event of the year, that is promo enough
    It may be enough for you, but I'm bored and tired of it. Now if he started cutting promos like he did back in 2002, I might change my mind.
    2. In terms of predictability, sure Taker is likely to win. However is there anyone else on the roster that is as much of a threat to the Streak as Cena would be? To me it doesn't matter who wins, what matters is how well the WWE can create the illusion that the streak might be over during the course of the match
    Nobody in the wrestling world is a legitimate threat to The Undertakers streak. Everyone has way too much respect for him, and nobody really wants to be the one that ends it. I'm tired of the streak gimmick, Undertaker could be so much more interesting and entertaining if they stopped encompassing his entire character around it.

It'll probably be the most predictable match on the card
    As is every Taker match, and I enjoy them every time.

and the build up for it would absolutely suck. Neither Cena or Undertaker are great on the mic.
    Cena is great on the mic when he has to be. Denying that is pretty foolish at this point.

Lesnar and Rock would be awesome simply because they are the two biggest crossover stars in history..
    And the match will be mediocre like most modern day Rock matches, whereas Cena/Undertaker will be awesome like most modern day Undertaker matches.

Lesnar and Undertaker would be awesome because of the pure physicality of the match, and its well known that they have legitimate beef with each other. The promos that Heyman cuts on Lesnars behalf would be epic.
    I wouldn't mind seeing that match, but not over Taker/Cena.

HAYZE

I do not want to see Rock vs. Brock. No interest in two part-timers feuding for WM. And like I said in another thread, I do not want to see Cena and Punk in a face vs face feud for WM. The only way I would want to see them feud for WM is if Cena is a heel, and that is not going to happen.

I wonder if there's any chance of Daniel Bryan vs. Undertaker? Too early to tell right now I guess, but it would be a great match.

surrender

Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    As is every Taker match, and I enjoy them every time.
    Just voicing my opinion, I don't expect many people to agree with me.

Cena is great on the mic when he has to be. Denying that is pretty foolish at this point.
    Agreed, and I'd like to point out that in a situation against The Undertaker, I'm pretty positive that he will cut some of the worst promos of his career. He won't shut up about how much of a dream it is to face The Undertaker at Wrestlemania, how much respect he has for The Deadman, and how he'll put all his energy into overcoming the odds and becoming the only one that ever defeated Taker at Wrestlemania. Also, since The Undertaker's current gimmick doesn't require him to cut any promos, there won't be any necessisty for Cena to up his game in that department. It's boring.

And the match will be mediocre like most modern day Rock matches, whereas Cena/Undertaker will be awesome like most modern day Undertaker matches.
    Lesnar and Rock will probably work around The Rocks limitations. And this is only speculation, but since Heyman is involved, I have faith that Lesnar/Rock's storyline leading up to the match will be better than Cena/Taker.

Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    I wonder if there's any chance of Daniel Bryan vs. Undertaker? Too early to tell right now I guess, but it would be a great match.
    Not with the Brock and Cena matches still yet to happen. I love Bryan, but putting him in there with Taker instead of those guys is basically throwing money in the garbage.

HAYZE

Agreed, and I'd like to point out that in a situation against The Undertaker, I'm pretty positive that he will cut some of the worst promos of his career. He won't shut up about how much of a dream it is to face The Undertaker at Wrestlemania, how much respect he has for The Deadman, and how he'll put all his energy into overcoming the odds and becoming the only one that ever defeated Taker at Wrestlemania. Also, since The Undertaker's current gimmick doesn't require him to cut any promos, there won't be any necessisty for Cena to up his game in that department.
    He cut some of the best promos of his career against The Rock, who it was also "a dream" for him to face at WrestleMania.

Lesnar and Rock will probably work around The Rocks limitations.
    Better than Cena and Rock did? Better than Punk and Rock did? When those two are in there every day and are seasoned veterans, whereas Brock is one of the stiffest guys around?

I HIGHLY doubt it.

HAYZE

Banned

I agree with what steves saying about Cena kissing up too The Undertaker in there build up too there possible match.
    If Cena had a dominate year as a heel. His match with taker would be so much better.
    Cena promos when he fueds with a top face are terrible bar his empty arena fued.

Quote Originally Posted by The Spear View Post
    I agree with what steves saying about Cena kissing up too The Undertaker in there build up too there possible match.
    If Cena had a dominate year as a heel. His match with taker would be so much better.
    Cena promos when he fueds with a top face are terrible bar his empty arena fued.
    Both his promos against Rock this year were excellent.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    He cut some of the best promos of his career against The Rock, who it was also "a dream" for him to face at WrestleMania.
    There's no correlation between The Rock and Undertaker in the promo department. Cena knew he was competing against a man that had a reputation for being one of the greatest promo guys in the history of the business. The Undertaker has never had that type of reputation. That's why I feel that Cena will be a lazy ass on the mic against The Deadman. Cena has proven more often than not, that he only puts real effort into a promo when he needs to.

Also, since The Undertaker's current gimmick doesn't require him to cut any promos, there won't be any necessisty for Cena to up his game in that department. It's boring.

Better than Cena and Rock did? Better than Punk and Rock did? When those two are in there every day and are seasoned veterans, whereas Brock is one of the stiffest guys around?

I HIGHLY doubt it.
    I forgot to mention that Lesnar and Rock had a lot of chemistry with each other in the ring, whereas Cena/Rock had almost no chemistry at all in any of their matches together. So yeah, I do think that Lesnar/Rock will work around The Rocks limitations a lot better than Cena did.

Thread Information