Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How awesome would it be...

Banned

Default How awesome would it be...

Next week, Vickie gets fired, Vince starts hyping up the new GM and after a few weeks, Vince comes out to announce the new GM and...

ERIC BISCHOFF IS BACK!!

That would be so fucking awesome, I'm not really aware of Eric's contract with TNA right now, so maybe some of you good folks can update me, and I know this is a long shot, but hey, never say never.

Banned

Default Re: How awesome would it be...

Sorry to sound like a dick, but that would totally suck balls, IMO.

Eric is old and useless.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
    Sorry to sound like a dick, but that would totally suck balls, IMO.

Eric is old and useless.
    TNA made Eric look useless and weak IMO, I think Eric could still make a good heel GM, for old time sake, I hope it happens.

I wouldn't mind Eric Bischoff being an on-screen character in a limited capacity on WWE television. I enjoyed his work in WWE, and he should be fine if he's not the one calling the shots (well, him or Hulk).

That said, he should never be the General Manager of Raw ever again (WWE has no idea how to handle their GM characters anymore, and he would end up being just as much of an overexposed, grating character as John Laurinaitis and so many others in recent years), and I doubt he's going to leave his position in TNA for anything Vince has to offer.

Want to know what would be awesome? If there were no authority figure characters around.

How about someone new and different and not left over from an era that is never coming back?
    The IWC will never be happy unless Daniel Bryan wins both world titles, makes Batista tap out and makes HHH look like a total bitch in the process.
    Consider me a satisfied customer.

Authority figures have kinda made me lost interest in wrestling. The only one's that really pulled it off were Bischoff, Vince and Steph/HHH.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwolf View Post
    Want to know what would be awesome? If there were no authority figure characters around.
    Yeah, everything would be chaotic and mental, just like the attitude era!

"I am Ultimate Warrior. You are the ultimate warrior fans. And the spirit of Ultimate Warrior will run forever"
    R.I.P. Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwolf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    How about someone new and different and not left over from an era that is never coming back?
    I prefer both of these ideas.

The problem isn't authority figures, per se. The problem is that WWE feels the need to overexpose authority figures, just like WWE feels the need to overexpose everything that even remotely catches on with the fans until they no longer give a shit anymore. I think we should call it the "Fandango Effect." The audience started doing something fun and catchy to counter WWE's craptastic product, and so WWE took it and ran it into the ground. Johnny Ace was a decent heel character, so they took him and ran him into the ground. AJ was the most popular character on TV at one point, so WWE took her and ran her into the ground.

It's what WWE does, and General Managers are the most obvious (and dangerous) way they do it, because an overbearing authority character drags the ENTIRE show down.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Wallaby View Post
    The problem isn't authority figures, per se. The problem is that WWE feels the need to overexpose authority figures, just like WWE feels the need to overexpose everything that even remotely catches on with the fans until they no longer give a shit anymore. I think we should call it the "Fandango Effect." The audience started doing something fun and catchy to counter WWE's craptastic product, and so WWE took it and ran it into the ground. Johnny Ace was a decent heel character, so they took him and ran him into the ground. AJ was the most popular character on TV at one point, so WWE took her and ran her into the ground.

It's what WWE does, and General Managers are the most obvious (and dangerous) way they do it, because an overbearing authority character drags the ENTIRE show down.
    I agree with all of this. WWE has relied too much on having an authority figure. When they didn't have an actual person that had a laptop calling the shots. I would hope they fire Vickie (I like her work by the way) and just have no one fill the role. Instead, just have the McMahon's bickering but still have a well organized show. Maybe within time they can train the audience to live without an authority figure.

Banned

I miss Jack Tunney. He wasn't on every show, just did a few shoots for major angles. The McMahons are entertaining, don't get me wrong. I like them and even Vickie. Can we have a wrestling show that doesn't resemble The Days of our Lives?

I might be on the wrong forums :/

The Wrestling business is always changing. We went from the era of managers to the era we are currently living which is the authority figure era. WWE needs to find some way to slowly move away from this and go back to using managers.

Eric is working in the back with TNA.

Thank you HAYZE!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Valuable View Post
    The Wrestling business is always changing. We went from the era of managers to the era we are currently living which is the authority figure era. WWE needs to find some way to slowly move away from this and go back to using managers.
    They're using managers better right now than they have in years.

And I don't have a problem with the current Brad/Vickie partnership, honestly. They haven't been overbearing and their interactions with one another are often fairly humorous. I hope they stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    They're using managers better right now than they have in years.

And I don't have a problem with the current Brad/Vickie partnership, honestly. They haven't been overbearing and their interactions with one another are often fairly humorous. I hope they stick around.
    I like them too. I'm just talking in general about the usage of authority figures in wrestling today. For instance last night you saw that MITB segment end without an authority figure. While I was watching I thought for sure Vickie or Brad would interrupt setting up matches later for the night. Instead they ended it with an RKO. As for managers it was a nice sight to see Heyman with his two guys and Zeb with his two. The use of managers will only help the product, and most of all it would help the wrestlers involved in the stable.

Banned

I dislike Vicky. I think she's a waste of airtime. Her partnership with Brad Madox however has made her bearable to watch.

Only if they reveal that Brad Maddox is his son.

I don't think Bischoff would be interested in going back to WWE as an on screen character at the moment. As long as Hogan is in TNA, Bischoff will be there too, IMO.

"I've seen a million people die, it's up to us to stop the war."

I don't get why everyone wants Vickie gone. She gets more heel heat then anyone on the roster.

GM Colt Cabana sounds good to me.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Bob Saget for GM

Credit to Bender for the awesome sig and av.
    Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by JoMo View Post
    I don't get why everyone wants Vickie gone. She gets more heel heat then anyone on the roster.
    So did Ace and he was unbearable by this time last year.

That said, I don't want Vickie gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kara View Post
    Bob Saget for GM
    He is the former commissioner for Chikara, same for Dave Coulier.

Quote Originally Posted by Kara View Post
    Bob Saget for GM
    Every Raw needs to start like the beginning of a HIMYM episode.

~Credit to Bender for the awesome sig

Thread Information