Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: sting wwe bound?

Question sting wwe bound?

credit f4wonline

As seen on last night's RAW, WWE included current TNA star Sting in their video packages looking back at former World Heavyweight Champions.
    F4Wonline.com reports that Sting was included in those video packages for a reason.

Word is that Sting is once again interested in joining WWE. While he hasn't opened direct negotiations with the company, he has sent feelers to WWE about joining them. There is said to be a lot of confidence on WWE's side that Sting will be on their roster eventually.

Default Re: sting wwe bound again

Non-story. Someone said this last night after the video package, that the internet would go crazy about Sting returning. Sting is a major part of TNA programming right now, he was included simply because he is a former World Champion, not because WWE wants him to sign. I don't think so anyway.

Plus, if Sting wants to join WWE once he leaves TNA, all he has to do is say the word and he'd be signed on the spot.

2013 TBG Poster of the Year

Scotland, Celtic and FC Basel
    CELTIC (SPFL CHAMPIONS 2013/14)
    FC BASEL (SSL CHAMPIONS 2013/2014; SWISS CUP FINALISTS)

I will believe it when the stinger pops up on raw

Quote Originally Posted by ae1102 View Post
    I will believe it when the stinger pops up on raw
    This.

It's in the same category as Stone Cold. No amount of reports that it "might happen eventually" are going to convince me at this point.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

As much as I'd love to see Sting in a WWE ring, I doubt it will ever happen.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

Sting has said in interviews that he is worried of how his character would be treated by the E. At the same time, he's said that he'd love to work on Wrestlemania. I think that if he could get a deal kind of like what it seems Lesnar has, limited appearances and some guarantees as to how his character is handled (wins/losses) than he might have a limited run with them.

If I'm honest, at this point I'm not fussed about seeing Sting in WWE. If it was 10-15 years ago, then I'd have been all for it. I can eventually see him signing a WWE Legends contract so they can induct him into their Hall Of Fame. I don't see him being apart of the active roster though.
    Thanks too Fresh Prince

One match and program with The Undertaker, going into any PPV but WrestleMania and I'd love it.

Next years WrestleMania needs to be Cena vs. The Undertaker.....let's not have any more interruptions.

"Did you hear the one about the man, who can't be destroyed?"

Quote Originally Posted by merle View Post
    Sting has said in interviews that he is worried of how his character would be treated by the E. At the same time, he's said that he'd love to work on Wrestlemania. I think that if he could get a deal kind of like what it seems Lesnar has, limited appearances and some guarantees as to how his character is handled (wins/losses) than he might have a limited run with them.
    The problem is that everyone wants him to face Taker and he'd have to lose.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

True, Sting would have to lose to taker at Mania but he could always win a rematch against Taker at another PPV later. He could always do something where he is in the E for just a little over a year and has two WrestleMania matches.

No thanks....and besides why would Sting leave TNA? he gets paid 7 digit figures for doing like 6 matches a year for the company. He is in Undertaker status with them.

- Justin Valuable

Blindy's V&G Reviews: Shovel Knight
    Next:

Banned

Never going to happen. And I wouldn't trust the WWE to treat Sting right, anyway.

I had a gut feeling after watching the history of the WHC video that there was going to be a whole bunch of lame Sting to WWE rumors today. It's bullshit and honestly WWE is better off without Sting at this point. It would be embarrassing watching him wrestle in a T shirt on Raw or Wrestlemania.

Banned

I'm probably one of few who doesn't get why people want to see Sting versus The Undertaker. I really see no connection at all between them. If anything, Sting was the face of WCW at one point and the workhorse whereas The Undertaker, while truly awesome, was never that of WWF/WWE. What is the obsession from some fans who want them to face eachother? I honestly don't get it.

I don't know. I like his old matches a lot and respect his work, but he doesn't do anything for me now. He's old, slow, out of shape and past his prime. I'd be excited if he made a suprise appearance... It would be a mark-out moment. But how far or long that lasts would probably be one night, for me.

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
    I'm probably one of few who doesn't get why people want to see Sting versus The Undertaker. I really see no connection at all between them. If anything, Sting was the face of WCW at one point and the workhorse whereas The Undertaker, while truly awesome, was never that of WWF/WWE. What is the obsession from some fans who want them to face eachother? I honestly don't get it.

I don't know. I like his old matches a lot and respect his work, but he doesn't do anything for me now. He's old, slow, out of shape and past his prime. I'd be excited if he made a suprise appearance... It would be a mark-out moment. But how far or long that lasts would probably be one night, for me.
    For me, I assume it's because they both portray dark characters who the crowd still loves. It would feel like a really special and epic encounter to have WCW's quiet, mysterious, bat-wielding Sting take on the WWE's Deadman. I think it would have been MONEY had it been done before. I'm not sure the kids today would recognize Sting anymore.

As for the out of shape comment, I'd like to believe that he would get himself in good shape if he was to have his only WWE run.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BestInThe205 View Post
    For me, I assume it's because they both portray dark characters who the crowd still loves. It would feel like a really special and epic encounter to have WCW's quiet, mysterious, bat-wielding Sting take on the WWE's Deadman. I think it would have been MONEY had it been done before. I'm not sure the kids today would recognize Sting anymore.

As for the out of shape comment, I'd like to believe that he would get himself in good shape if he was to have his only WWE run.
    I guess I can see it..... Sting turned into the Crow basically and you have the Deadman, and yes the crowd (and myself) love them both. That doesn't help me understand why they, you, anyone, wants to see them wrestle eachother.

July 2, 2013.

Because they're both loved and generally it's good to have a match (one we haven't seen before) between two guys who everybody love. I'm really not getting how you're not getting this.

I'm with you Vortex, but that's mainly because I don't care for Sting at all. Still, I don't see why Sting vs Undertaker is the only Sting match anyone cares about. What about Sting vs Cena? Sting vs CM Punk? Nope. It has to be Sting vs Undertaker. At Wrestlemania. No other Sting match is good enough.

Banned

I don't understand why you're using double-negatives, but none-the-less; here goes:

Undertaker's character is nothing like Sting's character at all. That's why I don't get it. Lot's of wrestlers are loved. People loved Zack Ryder. Your logic dictates that Sting should face Zack Ryder. It's never happened before, correct?

I'm still not convinced on why it would, could or should be a good match.

Just my opinion.

Default Re: sting wwe bound?

The fact that your comparing Undertaker and his characters history , prestige and legacy to that of Zach Ryder and his career of jobbing really says alot about your opinions in this thread.

I could care less if Sting were to come to the WWE and if I ever seen this match at this point , but I do understand the appeal others have as it is two of the greatest and most respected guys in wrestling history .. who have never met eachother in the ring facing off at Mania. It's the same reason people would love a chance to see Austin/Hogan .. or got to see and loved Rock/Hogan.
    -Bender-

2013 Sports Empire Most Valuable Poster
    2012 & 2013 Gridiron Poster of the Year

Sting can still go in the ring. For his age he can keep up just fine with the young guys and I'd even say he's probably better in the ring than the majority of guys in TNA and WWE. I'm sure on his bucket list Sting would like to work at least one Wrestlemania match, and it doesn't get any bigger than WM XXX. Along with the match at WM we could get a much anticipated DVD documentary with Sting as well as a HOF induction for WM 31. I realize there are some that don't see the value of bringing in Sting but keep in mind the effect he would have on business (bringing in old viewers from the mid/late 90s) along with the impact he would have on the locker room in WWE. Sting is one of the greatest of all time, but he's also one of the greatest people to ever be in the industry; he's what's good with the wrestling business.

As for a DVD documentary I would love to get his thoughts on his Clash of Champions match with Flair, his opinion when WCW was bought by Ted Turner, Hogan coming into WCW, the NWO angle, the origins for his character change in 1997, why he never went to WWE, the last Nitro, and thoughts on other wrestlers.

Banned

Justin Valuable made some great points, and that's where I would agree. Sting being in a Wrestlemania match might draw some old fans back and having a DVD set would definitely sell. I'd buy one.

As for Untouchable, I did not compare The Undertaker's legacy to that of Zack Ryder. I was making a counter-point that just because a match hasn't happened doesn't make it marquee.

A DVD for Sting filled with a documentary, matches, old interviews, Q/As, as well as a face painting lesson would definitely sell very well for the WWE.

A match with Undertaker makes the most sense but there are two other options: John Cena or Randy Orton. If Randy Orton goes heel that would be an unbelievable match to have at WM as it would give WWE a chance to go full circle with Randy Orton's Legend Killer character. WM XX is when Orton made a name for himself with that persona. 10 years later against the biggest legend of them arguably would be awesome.

Just get Trips on the job...he makes miracles happen!

Not that I really have any interest seeing Sting wrestle for WWE.
    Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig and av.

Sting coming in creates a lot of excitement. Just as it did when Brock came back in 2012 and the previous year with The Rock.

Thread Information