Thread: Miscaluclation in the Punk/Heyman relationship

Default Miscaluclation in the Punk/Heyman relationship

I just wanted to say I was dissapointed with the route they went with the Punk/Lesnar feud so far. The first week was awesome Punks return cool enough just to return as a face and not explain anything and somehow it worked imo. All he needs to do is say Heyman is the reason he lost the title and then lost his way and changed his character. Instead of getting huge pops then coming back and hugging Heyman. A guy in kayfabe you could argue lost the WWE title for him by involving the Sheild against the Rock forcing a restart to the match.

I just think they went backwards with this weeks promo and thought Punk looked bad hugging Heyman but I guess that's just building to a bigger double cross and that Punk actually trusted him. Thoughts?

Default Re: Miscaluclation in the Punk/Heyman relationship

Yeah, I think they're gonna go with Punk trusting Heyman. Punk and Brock will set up a match for SummerSlam and Heyman will swear that he's not going to get involved or choose sides, only to screw over Punk and help Lesnar win the match.

This, setting up a rematch at either Survivor Series or Wrestlemania, possibly with a World Title on the line IMO.

What if Punk feuds with another Heyman guy, Curtis Axel? Axel would get dirty wins over Punk, with help of Heyman.

But that would be after Punk vs Lesnar, Summerslam 2013 money machine.
    WWE since 2009 No Mercy, still going on!

They don't want to shoot their load on it too quickly, and it makes sense for Punk to not just dump Heyman outright after everything the two have been through together.

I probably would have preferred your way, but I understand why they're doing it this way and it probably makes more long term sense.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Banned

It's perfect so far. It's nice to see 2 characters actually working a story instead of any immediate YOU WRONGED ME I SMASH YOU response. Let this thing get ripe before wishing Punk would just kick Heyman in the face. Their relationship has to mature and die before it matters that the Heyman Team hunts Punk for the rest of the year.

Paul Heyman saying You picked a fight with BROCK LESNAR was the best thing on WWE tv all year. There can be a conflict between two people with a mutual friend and it can have layers and twists and turns and it isn't a bad thing, it's good. I know it's not what current wrestling fans are used to right now but when it's good it's great. This has massive potential.

It Lesnar was a full time employee then this feud would play out a lot differently. But, as much as I like the character, the man doesn't see prowrestling as a full-time occupation.

Quote Originally Posted by Repperton View Post
    It's perfect so far. It's nice to see 2 characters actually working a story instead of any immediate YOU WRONGED ME I SMASH YOU response. Let this thing get ripe before wishing Punk would just kick Heyman in the face. Their relationship has to mature and die before it matters that the Heyman Team hunts Punk for the rest of the year.

Paul Heyman saying You picked a fight with BROCK LESNAR was the best thing on WWE tv all year. There can be a conflict between two people with a mutual friend and it can have layers and twists and turns and it isn't a bad thing, it's good. I know it's not what current wrestling fans are used to right now but when it's good it's great. This has massive potential.
    I completely agree. The bolded part is right on the money. It wouldn't make any sense for CM Punk to turn on Paul Heyman for no good reason when the characters have been established as best friends for a long time.

In addition, this storyline gave the world that incredible promo on RAW. That alone is enough to justify it. Is it much more authentic than Del Rio (and many other guys in recent years) turning heel because the crowd booed them once.

I think Punk is going to be about to take the suitcase in his MitB match, and Lesnar comes out from the crowd, knocks the ladder over and F-5's Punk again. Heyman will eventually walk down to the apron, laugh at the carnage as he heads out with Lesnar.

I think everyone is forgetting that a well known "Paul Heyman Guy" is returning at MITB. I know a lot of people want to see a straight edge CM Punk vs RVD 420 feud. Lesnar wont be there every week so they are going to have to use mini feuds with guys like Axel and hopefully RVD to progress the feud.

I don't see RVD being a heel, though.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

It is more likely that RVD faces Axel at SS for the IC Title then him coming back and being a heel and feuding with Punk.

surrender

Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    I think everyone is forgetting that a well known "Paul Heyman Guy" is returning at MITB. I know a lot of people want to see a straight edge CM Punk vs RVD 420 feud. Lesnar wont be there every week so they are going to have to use mini feuds with guys like Axel and hopefully RVD to progress the feud.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    I don't see RVD being a heel, though.
    Plus you dont need several of his major feuds being all about the same thing.

SES

Feud with Hardy

Feud with Jericho

another straight edge feud would get tiring.

Credit to Bender for the awesome sig and av.
    Spoiler

Thread Information