Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NXT Scandal - Sexual harrassment, guns, what the fuck?

Default NXT Scandal - Sexual harrassment, guns, what the fuck?

From Diva-Dirt

Rumors have surfaced via social media that Divas at WWE’s NXT developmental territory have been subjected to sexual harassment by a trainer.

The trainer has been referred to as their strength coach, but hasn’t been mentioned by name.

Cryptic tweets have been sent by recently released NXT talent Briley Pierce (aka Ryan Nemeth, Dolph Ziggler‘s brother) and Trent Barreta.

Most recently and most openly were the tweets sent last week by Pierce. He has since deleted the tweets, but a screencap of them was posted online:

Last month, Barreta made similar claims in reply to a fan’s tweet about NXT Diva Bayley:
    @SasaZekzi @itsBayleyWWE nope. She's way prettier… I don't even get sexually harassed by my strength coach.

In today’s episode of former developmental talent Kevin Matthews‘s podcast Two and a Half Wrestlers, he spoke with fellow ex-NXT wrestlers Chase Donovan and Chad Baxter about a number of issues in the developmental system, and the sexual harassment rumor came up briefly.

The men acknowledged that they had heard the story from several other people, saying that the incidents were about a trainer “taking pictures with the Divas”. Head trainer Bill DeMott, they said, did not want the story to reach WWE Corporate and in a sense “swept it under the rug”.

Of course, these rumors have not been confirmed, but given the incredible amount of pressure felt by talent in the developmental system, it’s not outside the realm of possibility that they would be afraid to speak out about a matter like this.

We hope to have more on this issue when additional information surfaces. As for now, though, this is to be considered a rumor.
    On one hand....

On another hand...Bill Demott was let go from developmental because everyone hated him before...
    Just wait and see how it plays out, guys.

Default Re: Sexual Harassment at NXT?

Even though Demott isn't the one doing the sexual harrassing, it's obvious he shouldn't even have a job. Hopefully he gets let go and they rehire Dr. Tom. Demott seems like a huge prick, and this story of him telling the girls not to report the sexual harrassment is just one horrible thing of many that he's done.

I wonder what would've became of Angelina Love if Demott didn't cause her to get injured (making her do up-and-overs until her knee blew out) a few days before she was going to be called up to the WWE main roster. Luckily it all worked out for her as she became a star in TNA.

EDIT:

I actually listened to the podcast earlier and there was a lot of stuff revealed about Demott (in addition to all the loads and loads of stuff Matthews revealed last year), and one of the worst things was how Demott would regularly hit the NXT talent with rulers/yardsticks if they would mess something up. I don't think that was the women, though, just the men (and luckily it seems Del Rey is the main one dealing with the developmental women). Some of the other stuff talked about was how Demott overworks them and at one point had 31 of about 80 of the developmental roster injured (a record-breaking number), and another bizarre incident where Demott pulled out a hand gun on a few of the wrestlers (WTF?).

It seems Demott has actually gotten worse from the Deep South days, if that was even possible. I don't even know why they rehired him. Seems he was the reason Ivelisse got released too... She tweeted this: "See in the end.. #Truth always prevails. bad attitude?.. riiight.. how about some #truth.. #AlwaysStandUpForYourself even if you lose it all"

Oh, and apparently Demott's favorite lines to use toward the talent are "fag", "pussy faggot", and telling them to "go kill yourself."
    Last edited by LS; 06-30-2013 at 01:47 AM.

surrender

Banned

Default Re: NXT Scandal - Sexual harrassment, guns, what the fuck?

Wrestling's a tough business. I'd rather be called a name than have somebody like Bob Holly kick the shit out of me. Don't like working with jocks and assholes, go do something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Repperton View Post
    Wrestling's a tough business. I'd rather be called a name than have somebody like Bob Holly kick the shit out of me. Don't like working with jocks and assholes, go do something else.
    Did you not read my post? Demott is beating the talent with yardsticks...

surrender

Knows he isn't welcome

Whenever someone looks down on wrestling and you feel ashamed/mad about them for not 'getting it', remember stuff like this, and how a lot of people actually think it's justified because it's a 'tough' business.

Wrestling, everybody!
    That's all, folks.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    Did you not read my post? Demott is beating the talent with yardsticks...
    Still not as bad as the Hollycaust.

Wrestling is a rough trade and I don't think people look down on it because the training is unorthodox.

There's only been one other person on this forum that I've found say more low and detestable things than this...

I don't even have words.
    Just wait and see how it plays out, guys.

Still not as bad as the Hollycaust.

Wrestling is a rough trade and I don't think people look down on it because the training is unorthodox.
    This isn't "unorthodox", it's criminal.

Banned

Post changed. I might have been wrong. Was DeMott fired or not?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    There's only been one other person on this forum that I've found say more low and detestable things than this...

I don't even have words.
    Look at the history of the company. What it's built from and where wrestling comes from. It's a terrible business period but #truth won't be changing anything. Where men are encouraged to fight one another when hostility gets to be too much or where taking a shit in someone's purse to help with a bad attitude is not only allowed but encouraged? Get real. I'm not saying it's awesome or that I support it but I am saying it is commonplace and twitter whining won't be doing anything but getting whiners shitcanned. Wrestlers protect wrestlers and it takes a lot to get that to not be the case. Sorry if I offended anyone with this reality check. Offense was not my intent, only a little fact injection.

Look at the history of the company. What it's built from and where wrestling comes from. It's a terrible business period but #truth won't be changing anything. Where men are encouraged to fight one another when hostility gets to be too much or where taking a shit in someone's purse to help with a bad attitude is not only allowed but encouraged? Get real. I'm not saying it's awesome or that I support it but I am saying it is commonplace and twitter whining won't be doing anything but getting whiners shitcanned. Wrestlers protect wrestlers and it takes a lot to get that to not be the case. Sorry if I offended anyone with this reality check. Offense was not my intent, only a little fact injection.
    Then why do you have a problem with the "Hollycaust"?

surrender

So wait, is it DeMott being the pervert or is he just covering up?

Either way, if the story has broken on the dirtsheets it's out now and corporate knows.

Who is the strength coach at NXT? Who are the other trainers there;Norman Smiley, Joey Mercury, and ???

Terry Taylor was only just recently rehired. And Ricky Steamboat left several months ago, so probably not them.

Billy Gunn? But isn't he a road agent on the main roster?

Maybe someone we don't know about.

They need to get rid of DeMott. I don't hate him for being rough on the trainees but there's just too much bad stuff about him which makes him a PR nightmare. If he did cover up something, get rid of him ASAP!

The switch over to the Performance Center could be a good cover for completely changing several of the trainers like DeMott and this pervert.

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

But the fact that it's "commonplace" is not OKAY, and your post basically implied that it is.

This type of behavior is not acceptable anywhere.

Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice on Daniel Bryan
    I don't want to see his face anymore. It makes me want to die.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

It's not 1975 anymore where you have to break a limb before you're considered one of the boys. WWE loves to spout that they're not a wrestling company, they're an entertainment company, and if that's the case, they shouldn't be using the ancient methods of beating the shit out of people to "toughen them up." Plenty of wrestlers have made without being abused by trainers.

"I like cake."

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndersons Mic View Post
    Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post

Either way, if the story has broken on the dirtsheets it's out now and corporate knows.

Who is the strength coach at NXT? Who are the other trainers there;Norman Smiley, Joey Mercury, and ???

Terry Taylor was only just recently rehired. And Ricky Steamboat left several months ago, so probably not them.

They need to get rid of DeMott. I don't hate him for being rough on the trainees but there's just too much bad stuff about him which makes him a PR nightmare. If he did cover up something, get rid of him ASAP!

The switch over to the Performance Center could be a good cover for completely changing several of the trainers like DeMott and this pervert.
    I don't think it sounds like Demott is the sexist but not sure.

Ricky Steamboat couldn't train mainly due to the fact his injury from 3 years ago.

Taylor could work. I am not sure if it is Billy Gunn an answer. I know Dr. Tom is a good idea because he always worked good as a trainer.

Maybe Norman Smiley could work as the head trainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    It's not 1975 anymore where you have to break a limb before you're considered one of the boys. WWE loves to spout that they're not a wrestling company, they're an entertainment company, and if that's the case, they shouldn't be using the ancient methods of beating the shit out of people to "toughen them up." Plenty of wrestlers have made without being abused by trainers.
    WWE is a lot different even if they are "an entertainment company" because there is the sports element. I am not saying it is an excuse but let's face it, MANY sports are based around military style "you are pathetic" comments by coaches and other players. We are not talking about the weaker men (and women) for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post

Bill DeMott, Billy Gunn, Joey Mercury, Norman Smiley, Robbie Brookside and Terry Taylor are the male trainers I believe. But like you say I'm sure they have other guys training them behind the scenes too.

I'm glad this is out there now. Hopefully something can be done about it, and I hope the "Powers that be" didn't know about it and have chosen to ignore it.
    Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig and av.

Believe in the Shield. Lilslimshady's Avatar

I always sort of gotten from Demott that he's a big douchebag. I hope CM Punk opens up a wrestling school when he is retired. That'd be the best one in town. He trained the aspiring ROH talent. It'd be nice to see Punk have a school. I'd rather have Booker T, Lance Storm, Bubba and Devon break me in then some fucking asshole. I like Billy Gunn, Ricky Steamboat, Joey Murcury. Hell, if I was a male talent, I'd want to be transfered to Sara to train me. Not because of the creepy, perverted reasons. But, she'd be respectful and I respect her wrestling knowledge and experience. Demott training me? Over my dead body. From Tough Enough, I saw the way Booker T, Steve Austin, and Trish trained. Sure, Steve could be a hard ass at times, but he has a soft side as well if you know your stuff and respect the biz and follow directions well. I would get trained by those three any day. But, Demott? He can go somewhere with that criminal behavior.

Nobody knows who the new strength coach is. Rob MacIntyre (John Cena's trainer) was the strength coach at NXT but DeMott got him fired. Thirty-one out of eighty developmental talents got injured and DeMott put the blame on him.

Everybody should listen to this. It's the podcast that Dirt Dirt is referencing in their report.

Quote Originally Posted by MKPunk View Post
    WWE is a lot different even if they are "an entertainment company" because there is the sports element. I am not saying it is an excuse but let's face it, MANY sports are based around military style "you are pathetic" comments by coaches and other players. We are not talking about the weaker men (and women) for the most part.
    Bringing it up implies that it's an excuse. If it's not, then it's irrelevant.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

If DeMott is going around calling trainees 'Faggot', pulling guns on people and bullying people, well, then that's not a good image for WWE, any way it comes out. They'll be forced to do something if that knowledge finds it's way to the wrong people, like GLAAD.
    baboosh

Quote Originally Posted by Lilslimshady View Post
    I always sort of gotten from Demott that he's a big douchebag. I hope CM Punk opens up a wrestling school when he is retired. That'd be the best one in town. He trained the aspiring ROH talent. It'd be nice to see Punk have a school. I'd rather have Booker T, Lance Storm, Bubba and Devon break me in then some fucking asshole. I like Billy Gunn, Ricky Steamboat, Joey Murcury. Hell, if I was a male talent, I'd want to be transfered to Sara to train me. Not because of the creepy, perverted reasons. But, she'd be respectful and I respect her wrestling knowledge and experience. Demott training me? Over my dead body. From Tough Enough, I saw the way Booker T, Steve Austin, and Trish trained. Sure, Steve could be a hard ass at times, but he has a soft side as well if you know your stuff and respect the biz and follow directions well. I would get trained by those three any day. But, Demott? He can go somewhere with that criminal behavior.
    I always thought Demott was a douche as well. I've never understood what people saw in him. WCW or in the E.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    If DeMott is going around calling trainees 'Faggot', pulling guns on people and bullying people, well, then that's not a good image for WWE, any way it comes out. They'll be forced to do something if that knowledge finds it's way to the wrong people, like GLAAD.
    I get that you are not in the USA but GLAAD is not all that powerful here. I mean, Alec Baldwin just got caught twittering anti-gay slurs and the only media that covered it was Fox News. So nobody is going to give two sh!ts about what Demott says.

Quote Originally Posted by merle View Post
    I get that you are not in the USA but GLAAD is not all that powerful here. I mean, Alec Baldwin just got caught twittering anti-gay slurs and the only media that covered it was Fox News. So nobody is going to give two sh!ts about what Demott says.
    Do you not remember what happened the last time GLAAD got pissed at WWE?

Bender

Quote Originally Posted by merle View Post
    I always thought Demott was a douche as well. I've never understood what people saw in him. WCW or in the E.
    Probably something to do with having one of the most badass themes ever.

He also had a sweet moonsault. That's all I've got.
    baboosh

Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    Do you not remember what happened the last time GLAAD got pissed at WWE?
    Actually, no. I don't. That kind of shows how powerless GLAAD is.

Thread Information