Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your biggest waste of current talent....

Default Your biggest waste of current talent....

I am currently watching my Christian DVDs and whilst I would love to bitch about Christians stance on the roster he is on TV gets time for matches ect but it is his opponent in this match that is griping on me, Drew McIntyre, this guy does have talent and I genuinely do believe has what it takes to be a solid part of the roster. A big fall away point for him was in 2009/2010 after teaming with Cody he should have turned into a bad-ass face, instead he were left in limbo as a heel and just drifted and drifted and drifted away to become part of 3MB and personally the by far best talent in that group. I have seen McIntyre as a face during a show here in England, he confronted Ziggler/Rhodes/Swagger singing the American National Anthem in the middle of the ring (not too badly to be fair) and things went from there and it worked!

So what is your current superstar who is most wasted in WWE? is there someone whose current position or lack of really grinds your gears?

Default Re: Your biggest waste of current talent....

Justin Gabriel, better in the ring then Evan Bourne or Kofi Kingston and has a better look then the two of them. To me he's got the kind of look that would make teenage girls swoon. Give him a chance to promo about how he's a daredevil, adrenaline junkie and people would get behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    Reigns is more over than most people here are willing to admit.
    Episode 3 of "Sittin down for a chat with Oncall" with special guest Untouchable

He's just a bit small though, if he was a little bit bigger, not much, then Gabriel could be a factor on the current roster. He definitely has ability.

I agree with McIntyre too, he has a good look, nice mic skills, and he's a really smart worker who I would back to deliver in the big matches, the PPV main events. That's a strange one.

I don't think he's a great promo but then again the only time I remember him cutting a promo was during his mystifying angle with Kelly Kelly & Trent Baretta.

My answer? Sin Cara. Get rid of the mood lighting, let him work with good heels that can bump their asses off and you've got yourself a fantastic talent.
    Pimpin' Ain't Easy

Zack Ryder.

They might as well put him and Hawkins back together, add another tag-team to the mix, and they'll both be used.

Antonio Cesaro. Enough said.
    Thanks too Fresh Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Coolstuff View Post
    Antonio Cesaro. Enough said.
    I agree. But I do have faith that they WILL utilize him one day. I'd like to see him win MITB this year, and he IS in the match, but I'm just not sure it will happen. Plus, I'd rather see him win it than the overrated Dean Ambrose.

Alex Riley. He's fine in his role as a jobber, but should be jobbing to higher profile opponents like Alberto Del Rio, Mark Henry, or Jack Swagger in competitive matches. He should not under any circumstances be losing cleanly to NXT talents. WWE needs to start booking him on RAW or SmackDown, or at least Main Event more often. Also, it seems as though WWE will stretch out anyone else's TV time (Daniel Bryan doing two matches in one night, or Tons of Funk, etc. making multiple appearances in a week) or book the most random wrestlers (William Regal) just to avoid having to book Riley.

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Standard View Post
    Zack Ryder.

They might as well put him and Hawkins back together, add another tag-team to the mix, and they'll both be used.
    I don't rate Ryder to be honest, happy for the kid getting the hype he did but he didn't have the talent or evolution to sustain it which is what you need, I could go for the tag team though definitely.

Brad Maddox. I know Todd and I were convinced they were actually building to something with him, but ever since the formation of Team Brickie he's really done fuck all except be background noise for Vickie. The guy had some awesome matches in FCW, and was even the final FCW 15 champion (the belt they only put on guys who could work 15 minute or more matches, like Steamboat, Rollins and Sandow) so I'm mystified as to why they've stopped letting him wrestle.
    baboosh

Banned

Zack Ryder was the most over guy in the company a couple of years ago. They should have capitalised on him.
    But instead they buried him, they made him look like a total joke.

Curt Hawkins

Evan Bourne, David Otunga, Ezekiel Jackson & Mason Ryan. Evan Bourne fucked up by getting two wellness strikes in a short time. Otunga's in ring capabilities are average at best. Mason and Zeke aren't the best workers, and were seemingly only pushed for their muscles before disappearing from TV. While I don't think any of them deserve a big push, I feel that no wrestler is completely useless. It would be better to have the dregs on the roster on TV more often as enhancement talents so that the more talented wrestlers with bigger upsides can be relieved of jobbing duties and/or have someone that they can go over themselves so that they aren't just losing all the time.

Why does Ryback have to squash Zack Ryder to "send a message" when he can go over Mason Ryan instead? Why does Alex Riley have to have his credibility hammered into the ground by losing to newbies when he can instead be kept strong with steady wins over a guy like David Otunga, so that when Riley DOES job, it actually means something when he has a few wins under his belt?
    Last edited by TempestH; 06-29-2013 at 12:15 PM.

In WWE it's probably Antonio Cesaro , but in general it's definitely Christian York for crying out loud!!!

I'm still giving them time with Maddox, Falcone. I'm a big fan of the guy, he makes everything work even when it's a load of shit on paper. The problem is he was introduced as a referee, with no reference to his wrestling abilities. He's handicapped by that unfortunately.

is trying here!

I'd give one to Hunico, just for wrestling ability alone. Since WWE is so desperate for specially Mexican stars, I don't understand why they haven't at least tested him out. Hopefully, they will. He had some of the best, unnoticed, matches last year.
    banner made by surrender

I really want to see Maddox wrestle because he can really go, I agree with people when they name Cesaro and Cara, but I believe both will be given a chance to shine and eventually. Two guys I hope would be use in a much more prominent role are Yoshi Tatsu, who has already shown that with good booking can get quite over without talking, and the other guy is Hunico I believe he is the best at mixing high flying and technical wrestling in a match and was always keeping his matches fresh by adding new spots. Hell in my fantasy booking I would hire James Mitchell and put these two guys along with Bourne and let them go wild in the ring.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

I'd like to see Maddox in the ring but maybe that is coming. I'll say Cody Rhodes. He's just as good as Damien but he's been busted down to his side kick.

What Spear said, but replace Zack Ryder with Christian Cage.
    It's showtime, folks!

Cody Rhodes isnt Stardust SM(Stardust)'s Avatar

For me it is Cody Rhodes.

He deserve way better than jobbing to Sheamus every week. He is great on the mic and really good in the ring. Not on that, but he has proven that he was the ability to be able to get over.

I think it is way past time to turn him face and give him a push up the card.

surrender

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SM View Post
    For me it is Cody Rhodes.

He deserve way better than jobbing to Sheamus every week. He is great on the mic and really good in the ring. Not on that, but he has proven that he was the ability to be able to get over.

I think it is way past time to turn him face and give him a push up the card.
    He's third on my list. He could easily be at the WHC scene with the right booking.
    Am a big fan of Rhodes. I loved his mask gimmick, his segments and matches were the best part of Smackdown. And also he has had the best IC title run in years IMO.
    Anyway it sucks that he doesn't have a character anymore. It's bad that there feeding him to that ginger douchebag every week.

I think Rhodes could easily be the top heel on Smackdown and maybe even in all the wwe.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Slushy View Post
    What Spear said, but replace Zack Ryder with Christian Cage.
    Christian could easily be a WHC contender. He is by far one of the most entertaining guys on the roster right now. Anyway moving on too the bad days. It was a abomination when he lost the title to Randy Orton. And what made it worse was the fans cheered orton. Damn I do Hate some crowds. There like a herd of sheep who enable sheamus orton and Kofi too have the same terrible bad unproductive characters.

Banned

John Cena. Dude's gimmick has been static for way too long, and I think they've wasted a lot of his potential because of it.

I definitely agree with Drew McIntyre and Justin Gabriel. A couple of years ago Drew was the best thing going for me. He was killing it on Smackdown. Tyson Kidd too, for similar reasons as Gabriel.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    the belt they only put on guys who could work 15 minute or more matches, like Steamboat, Rollins and Sandow
    What became of Richie Steamboat? Is he injured?

Thread Information