Thread: Extreme Rules Buyrate In

Default Extreme Rules Buyrate In

The preliminary Extreme Rules buyrate is in and it's 228k, down 13% from 263k last year with the much hyped Lesnar/Cena match. This year was headlined by the grudge match between Lesnar and HHH and I think it's pretty successful, I actually expected it to be a tad lower.

Thoughts? Did you think it would higher or lower, or roughly the same?

Default Re: Extreme Rules Buyrate In

I knew it wouldn't do better than last year obviously with Cena/Brock headlining but it's a good number for Extreme Rules. Especially considering the amount of people on the net that were down on a rubber match between Hunter and Brock. And obviously it beats 2011 which had Morrison and Miz (along with Cena) headlining. So I imagine they are pleased with the number and overall with the money they made out of Brock/HHH.
    Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig and av.

It's okay.

Usually when a company reports a decrease it's difficult to call it anything but a negative but given the quality of the card I'm sure the WWE are satisfied with the number.

Hopefully they're able to put together a better show next year otherwise I expect that number to dwindle even further.
    Pimpin' Ain't Easy

Just looking through some older numbers, I believe it would make this years the second highest drawing Extreme Rules PPV behind 2012 which is pretty good and shows the power of Lesnar (and the fangirl in me likes to think The Shield too...).

Last years was such a good number because of Lesnar and Cena that this year was never going to top it really. 2009 to 2011 did an average of 201,000 buys between them....2012 did 263,000.
    Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig and av.

Thread Information