Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vince McMahon Reportedly Doesn’t “See Money” in Daniel Bryan (UPDATE: FICTION)

Default Vince McMahon Reportedly Doesn’t “See Money” in Daniel Bryan (UPDATE: FICTION)

In an interview two weeks ago with the Ministry of Slam podcast, Shawn Michaels acknowledged a recent conversion he had with Vince McMahon where he said he doesn’t “see money” in a certain, unnamed WWE Superstar. According to sources within the organization, that individual is Daniel Bryan.

Michaels said, “I had a conversation a couple of weeks ago with the man in charge and we were talking about a certain individual and he goes, ‘I just don’t see money in him.’ And I said, ‘You said the same thing about me.’ He said, ‘I did not.’ I said, ‘Yes you did!’ (laughs) I said, ‘And it’s okay. It’s just one of those things.’”

Michaels compared McMahon’s views on the WWE Superstar to himself, as he believes he wasn’t viewed as a “prototypical main event guy” while he was rising the ranks of WWE in the early-1990′s.

“I wasn’t your prototypical—heck, I wasn’t anybody’s prototypical main event guy. And I knew that. So, you just do your absolute best,” said Michaels. “Yes, I was very scared and very worried, which had a lot to do with how bad I handled stuff because I spent a great deal of my career waiting for the other shoe to drop. Because it was a very real view of me and my ability and my talent. I’m a firm believer that talent does rise to the top, but you have to be patient. So, I spent a great deal of time worried, intimidated, and concerned that with each passing storyline, it might be the last one.”

A WWE source believes that with Bryan having a major role on Total Divas—premiering next month on E!—as the boyfriend of cast member Brie Bella, his standing in the organization is “safe” for the time being.

http://www.prowrestling.com/vince-mc...n-daniel-bryan

Default Re: Vince McMahon Reportedly Doesn’t “See Money” in Daniel Bryan

Just like when CM Punk said, "When Vince dies, the WWE will be in better hands".

If I may offer a suggestion to the mod that will merge these threads, a title.

"The Daniel Bryan Conspiracy! Romance! Intrigue! Shawn Michaels! Can he overcome?"
    Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    I'll be honest, I'll probably chant CM Punk in Brooklyn again.

I'm a follower.

This will stay in my sig until John Cena vs. The Rock----THRICE AS NICE. Or until I don't think it's funny anymore.

The same guy who said he "didnt get it" when he looked at Punk? I think its safe to say if your not atleast 6'2 and 225 pounds Vince doesnt see money in you.

The Bryan haters here are licking their chops with this thread...

Diva of Destruction iron maiden's Avatar

Vince has forever been a size queen.

Sting
    Diva of Destruction
    Empress of Canadia
    2010 Queen of the Forum
    2012 Tag Team Queen of the Forum - Rogue and iron maiden
    2013 PW Hall of Fame (Thank You)

Guys, if Vince didn't see money in Daniel Bryan, he wouldn't have been pushed all over WWE TV for the last two months, and wouldn't be on a collision course with John Cena. PW.com's sources mean absolutely nothing to me.

"I like cake."

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndersons Mic View Post
    Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

Back for the first time. T-Money's Avatar

This is such a ludicrous rumor/gossip piece. D-Bry has been on a meteoric push since Team Hell No, heck even before that.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Money View Post
    This is such a ludicrous rumor/gossip piece. D-Bry has been on a meteoric push since Team Hell No, heck even before that.
    A "Vince McMahon Doesn't Like Daniel Bryan" headline has never lacked in page views.

"I like cake."

Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

Knows he isn't welcome

It comes from the PW main page, people.

Come on.
    That's all, folks.

tis not right in the head whocares's Avatar

I'm starting to think the dirtsheet writers actually think the backstage segments on Raw are real...

Well after that little chair shot exchange Vince sees some amount of money from Bryan.

A. There's already a thread on this.
    B. Why would you go on the virus infested main page
    C. Matt pretty much hit this on the head with his first post in the thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    Reigns is more over than most people here are willing to admit.
    Episode 3 of "Sittin down for a chat with Oncall" with special guest Untouchable

As noted earlier, Shawn Michaels recently revealed during an interview with the Ministry of Slam podcast that he had a conversation with Vince McMahon, who said that he doesn't "see money" in an anonymous WWE Superstar. Bryan Alvarez of Figure Four Weekly reported that the person McMahon was referring to may have been Daniel Bryan.
    Shawn Michaels took to his Twitter to deny that claim, stating that Vince was big on Bryan and that the person he was referring to "is actually 6'3 250."

"That [Bryan] isn't even who we were talking about," Michaels wrote. "He's big on DB. Shame y'all let those folks work you like that... No, the guy is actually 6'3 250, ironically, y'all miss the same point he did. Amusing since everyone's knocking him."

When asked who he was referring to in the interview, Michaels replied, "I would have said if I thought relevant. Not DB tho."

Here are Michaels' original comments on the Ministry of Slam podcast:

"I had a conversation a couple of weeks ago with the man in charge and we were talking about a certain individual and he goes, 'I just don't see money in him.' And I said, 'You said the same thing about me.' He said, 'I did not.' I said, 'Yes you did!' (laughs) I said, 'And it's okay. It's just one of those things.'

"I wasn't your prototypical - heck, I wasn't anybody's prototypical main event guy, and I knew that. So, you just do your absolute best. Yes, I was very scared and very worried, which had a lot to do with how bad I handled stuff. I spent a great deal of my career waiting for the other shoe to drop, because it was a very real view of me and my ability and talent. I'm a firm believer that talent does rise to the top, but you have to be patient. So, I spent a great deal of time worried, intimidated, and concerned that with each passing storyline, it might be the last one."

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

Well I'm glad we can put that to bed.

I do wonder who it was, though.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Default Re: Vince McMahon Reportedly Doesn’t “See Money” in Daniel Bryan (UPDATE: FICTION)

Let this be a lesson, folks:

1. Never believe anything on Prowrestling.com
    2. Anything negative written about Daniel Bryan or CM Punk (or other noted independent stars) needs to be treated with skepticism. Nothing garners page hits like the internet rallying behind one of their own. It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

"I like cake."

Default Re: Vince McMahon Reportedly Doesn’t “See Money” in Daniel Bryan (UPDATE: FICTION)

I'm gonna guess Curtis Axel.

Quote Originally Posted by HR View Post
    I'm gonna guess Curtis Axel.
    If we're gonna play this game, I'm going Alex Riley.

"I like cake."

I like Daniel Bryan, but he doesn't have the mainstream potential John Cena has. Although it's yet to be seen, I don't think WWE views Bryan as someone who can be THE guy. That's not the worst thing in the world - Bryan can still be a top name for years to come.

On a side-note, but still related to Daniel Bryan, after watching SmackDown, I don't see how anybody can still call him a face. His character acted like a total asshole, and I believe this is the start of what may lead to him becoming a heel for his rumored SummerSlam match against Cena.

My guess when I first saw the report (before Michaels even came out and said it wasn't DB) was Antonio Cesaro or Curtis Axel.

surrender

I would have found it hard to believe of Vince's actual faith in Daniel Bryan considering the length he went through to keep Daniel Bryan in 2010.

I can believe that he may not see heavyweight larger than life stardom in him, but I can't believe he doesn't see money.

I can believe if he doesn't see money in Curtis Axel.
    WWE: IT'S NOT A FANDOM, IT'S A FAMILY
    The Shield on Crack 3 (The End)
    BELIEVE IN AMBROSE
    THE BEST NEWS IS BAD NEWS
    Cena fan for LIFE

The Bryan thing was always a guess by F4W/Observer which I think most people when they first saw it guessed it could be him as well. PW.com (as with many other dirt sheets I'm sure) took that guess and presented it as fact. Nice to see HBK clarify.

I would imagine as other's have said that he meant Axel.
    Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig and av.

Cody Rhodes isnt Stardust SM(Stardust)'s Avatar

My guess is that it is actually Dolph Ziggler.

surrender

My first guess when I first posted this in the other thread was that it might be Daniel Bryan or Dolph Ziggler. If you think about it, the YESvolution last year already proved that Bryan could be money, so it probably wasn't him.

But if it isn't them, then I could see it being Axel.

Thread Information