Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 149

Thread: *SPOILER* Regarding Winner of Royal Rumble 2014

  1. #1
    Banned y2jman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    tennesse
    Age
    36
    Posts
    5,357

    Question *SPOILER* Regarding Winner of Royal Rumble 2014

    credit f4wonline


    Believe it or not, there is already talk of having CM Punk win the 2014 WWE Royal Rumble and challenge for the WWE Title at WrestleMania XXX. Punk's dream has always been to close out WrestleMania and the seeds may have been planted on Monday's RAW in the promo with Paul Heyman.

  2. #2
    @CheapTequila Stefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,857

    Default Re: *spolier*cm punk royal rumble

    So Cena vs. Taker won't happen yet again?

    Because if it does it MUST close.

    It's be Punk vs. Cena or vs. Bryan.

  3. #3
    Fan Fic Hall of Famer WMS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    England
    Age
    23
    Posts
    15,960

    Default Re: *spolier*cm punk royal rumble

    The two things missing from Punk's WWE career is i) a Royal Rumble win, and ii) main-eventing WrestleMania.

    I hope this is true as I want him to manage both.

    The two downsides from this however is the fact that it'll probably rule out Cena/Taker and Punk will be one step closer to retirement. How much more is there left for him to achieve after 'Mania 30 if these two things happen?

    I'm really for the idea of one last Cena/Punk match at 'Mania for the strap but I'd delay it till XXXI. I could also see that match being Punk's final swansong ala Austin retiring after his match at 'Mania with The Rock. It would be a fitting end for Punk to retire after a bout with his greatest rival.
    "You, the people, have the power to make this life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure."

  4. #4
    Senior Member Greywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    24
    Posts
    6,810

    Default Re: *spolier*cm punk royal rumble

    So we might not get The Rock to main event Mania next year?

    Daniel Bryan - The Best Person For This Job
    Finn Balor is the future of the WWE
    THE BEST NEWS IS BAD NEWS
    Cena fan for LIFE

    banner by, Dj LatinoHeat

  5. #5
    One More Match! Peepshow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    England
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,328

    Default Re: *spolier*cm punk royal rumble

    I could live with Punk v Cena for the title face v face as the main event of Mania, just keep them apart until that time.

    That also just firmly opens the door for Brock v Taker and Rock can go fuck himself.

  6. #6
    Fan Fic Hall of Famer WMS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    England
    Age
    23
    Posts
    15,960

    Default Re: *spolier*cm punk royal rumble

    Punk vs. Cena - WWE Championship
    Taker vs. Lesnar - Streak
    Bryan vs. Ambrose - WHC

    Take my money, 'E.
    "You, the people, have the power to make this life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure."

  7. #7
    WWE Network Draft Winner The Champ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    18,658

    Default Re: *spolier*cm punk royal rumble

    Of course there's already talk of pushing Cena/Taker back another year. I'd be surprised if it happens at all at this rate.

    Bender

    Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

  8. #8
    Ambassador of Asgard thedude's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2,280

    Default Re: *spolier*cm punk royal rumble

    I couldn't care less about seeing Cena vs Undertaker so I am all for this.

    Punk deserve a rumble win and Mania main event more than anyone else and it's about time it happened.

    -Fresh Prince-
    Chief Ass Whooper of Sorry Sons of Bitches! - Stone Cold Steve Austin

  9. #9
    Fan Fic Hall of Famer WMS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    England
    Age
    23
    Posts
    15,960

    Default Re: *spolier*cm punk royal rumble

    Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    Of course there's already talk of pushing Cena/Taker back another year. I'd be surprised if it happens at all at this rate.
    I'm losing hope it's gonna happen. It's slowly getting nearer to Austin/Punk level of happening.
    "You, the people, have the power to make this life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure."

  10. #10
    Slammy Award Winning Falcone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Liverpool, England
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,258

    Default Re: *spolier*cm punk royal rumble

    Maybe WWE has zero interest in the match because they have zero interest in turning Cena heel. Because really all they'll be doing is setting up their biggest star to lose AGAIN to a guy who'll be gone for another year after beating Cena.

    Yeah, I'm sure it'll be a good match, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over never seeing it.
    Dropping my Flags.
    Lucha Underground Master Race.

  11. #11
    One More Match! Peepshow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    England
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,328

    Default Re: *spolier*cm punk royal rumble

    Cena v Taker is inevitable, the lack of top talent either man has to work with at Mania has got to mean thats coming, Cenas only other option is the final Punk match and takers only other option is Brock and if Brocks taken up by Rock Punk will be the guy missing out.

    I see it this way, there are 6 guys WWE will throw into those top 3 matches at Mania:

    Rock
    Brock
    Taker
    Cena
    Punk
    HHH

    Triple H has worked allll of those guys multiple times so I will be surprised if hes even in Mania but either way theres very limited ways left of shuffling those 6 guys around to feuds we havent had in this era or areant about to have at SummerSlam:

    Rock v HHH - I doubt this will happen
    Taker v Brock
    Rock v Brock
    Cena v Taker

    And thats about it.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,134

    Default Re: *spolier*cm punk royal rumble

    Cena Vs Punk as the main event would be awesome. However I don't know who will face The Undertaker. Because am pretty sure The Rock Vs Brock Lesnar will be happening. So that only leaves one megastar Triple H. But know one wants that match. So I presume they will bring back Batista too take on The Undertaker.

  13. #13
    WWE Network Draft Winner The Champ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    18,658

    Default Re: *spolier*cm punk royal rumble

    Quote Originally Posted by WMS View Post
    I'm losing hope it's gonna happen. It's slowly getting nearer to Austin/Punk level of happening.
    Which is ridiculous because there's a legitimate reason why Austin/Punk will never happen, that being Austin will never get in a ring again.

    That doesn't apply to Cena or Taker. WWE is just choosing not to do it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    Maybe WWE has zero interest in the match because they have zero interest in turning Cena heel. Because really all they'll be doing is setting up their biggest star to lose AGAIN to a guy who'll be gone for another year after beating Cena.

    Yeah, I'm sure it'll be a good match, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over never seeing it.
    That probably is the reasoning, but it's not good enough reasoning imo. Cena's not going to lose value as a draw because he came up short against the guy who everyone comes up short against at Mania. Just give him a big win afterwards (i.e. beating Lesnar last year after losing to Rock) and the Cenation will forget all about it.

    Also, if he ends up facing Punk, he better lose that match anyway. Because a Cena victory over Punk does nothing for anyone.

    Bender

    Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

  14. #14
    Fan Fic Hall of Famer WMS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    England
    Age
    23
    Posts
    15,960

    Default Re: *spolier*cm punk royal rumble

    Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    Which is ridiculous because there's a legitimate reason why Austin/Punk will never happen, that being Austin will never get in a ring again.

    That doesn't apply to Cena or Taker. WWE is just choosing not to do it.
    WWE should have done it years ago. They're never going to switch Cena so I'm not even sure I want to see it without any interesting pay-off.
    "You, the people, have the power to make this life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure."

  15. #15
    Banned Justin Valuable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Frisco, TX
    Age
    29
    Posts
    6,358

    Default Re: *spolier*cm punk royal rumble

    Wait... how do we know Punk would be challenging John Cena? I'm OK with Punk winning the Royal Rumble and being in the main event at WM. But I'm not feeling another match against John Cena. There's other guys that could be WWE Champion by Wrestlemania XXX. WWE could still give us Taker/Cena and Punk vs. the WWE Champion.

  16. #16
    WWE Network Draft Winner The Champ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    18,658

    Default Re: *spolier*cm punk royal rumble

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Valuable View Post
    Wait... how do we know Punk would be challenging John Cena? I'm OK with Punk winning the Royal Rumble and being in the main event at WM. But I'm not feeling another match against John Cena. There's other guys that could be WWE Champion by Wrestlemania XXX. WWE could still give us Taker/Cena and Punk vs. the WWE Champion.
    If he's closing the show, he's facing Cena. That goes without saying.

    Bender

    Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

  17. #17
    Banned Justin Valuable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Frisco, TX
    Age
    29
    Posts
    6,358

    Default Re: *spolier*cm punk royal rumble

    Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    If he's closing the show, he's facing Cena. That goes without saying.
    Not necessarily. Shawn Michaels vs. Undertaker was one of the most anticipated matches going into WM 25 and it didn't go on last. Same thing can be said for Rock/Hogan. Cena vs. Undertaker going on at the middle-to-late stage of Wrestlemania would be a good point for the fans to catch their breath. Then they could have a filler match and CM Punk can have his moment closing out Wrestlemania.

  18. #18
    WWE Network Draft Winner The Champ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    18,658

    Default Re: *spolier*cm punk royal rumble

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Valuable View Post
    Not necessarily. Shawn Michaels vs. Undertaker was one of the most anticipated matches going into WM 25 and it didn't go on last. Same thing can be said for Rock/Hogan. Cena vs. Undertaker going on at the middle-to-late stage of Wrestlemania would be a good point for the fans to catch their breath. Then they could have a filler match and CM Punk can have his moment closing out Wrestlemania.
    So you cite two of the biggest mistakes in WrestleMania history and you say they should do it a third time. Of course.

    Bender

    Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

  19. #19
    Moderator Oncall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Age
    27
    Posts
    10,663

    Default Re: *spolier*cm punk royal rumble

    The only problem with that is if they do go the route of Cena beating Taker, regardless if he turns or not, that would be the moment everyone talks about. It'd be WM 18 all over again.





    Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not

  20. #20
    WWE Network Draft Winner The Champ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    18,658

    Default Re: *spolier*cm punk royal rumble

    It's irrelevant because Punk is not closing the show against anyone not named John Cena. If you think otherwise, you have learned nothing over the past eight years.

    Bender

    Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

  21. #21
    Banned Justin Valuable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Frisco, TX
    Age
    29
    Posts
    6,358

    Default Re: *spolier*cm punk royal rumble

    Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    So you cite two of the biggest mistakes in WrestleMania history and you say they should do it a third time. Of course.
    Sometimes these hugely anticipated matches going on last puts more pressure on them. As long as you steal the show it doesn't matter where you are on the card.

  22. #22
    WWE Network Draft Winner The Champ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    18,658

    Default Re: *spolier*cm punk royal rumble

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Valuable View Post
    Sometimes these hugely anticipated matches going on last puts more pressure on them. As long as you steal the show it doesn't matter where you are on the card.
    I completely agree with that last statement. But Cena/Taker would pretty obviously steal the show if it did happen, so again, it would be a mistake.

    You're arguing in favor of something that has zero chance of happening. For all the opportunities WWE has given Punk, they are not going to let him close WrestleMania over both Cena AND Taker. It's not happening. If he closes, he's facing Cena, period.

    Bender

    Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

  23. #23
    Fan Fic Hall of Famer WMS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    England
    Age
    23
    Posts
    15,960

    Default Re: *spolier*cm punk royal rumble

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Valuable View Post
    Sometimes these hugely anticipated matches going on last puts more pressure on them. As long as you steal the show it doesn't matter where you are on the card.
    We're discussing Cena and Taker, guys with 30+ years experience combined, therefore 'pressure' is irrelevant with those two.
    "You, the people, have the power to make this life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure."

  24. #24
    The Devil's Eyes BigRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Haddonfield
    Age
    24
    Posts
    16,731

    Default Re: *spolier*cm punk royal rumble

    I would be incredibly dismayed if 'Taker/Cena doesn't happen at WrestleMania XXX. It's just a must-see; really, it's that simple. Very rarely do you have Dream Match + Ability to Happen in wrestling, so they have to capitalize on that.

    That said, I'd love to see Punk win the Rumble and main event 'Mania. Dilemmas.

  25. #25
    WWE Network Draft Winner The Champ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    18,658

    Default Re: *spolier*cm punk royal rumble

    Quote Originally Posted by WMS View Post
    We're discussing Cena and Taker, guys with 30+ years experience combined, therefore 'pressure' is irrelevant with those two.
    I read that wrong and thought he wanted the pressure to be on Punk.

    You think Cena and Taker are going to choke under the pressure? Do you know nothing about either of these guys, Justin?

    Come on.

    Bender

    Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •