Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daniel Bryan....Or Chris Benoit? Who you got?

Default Daniel Bryan....Or Chris Benoit? Who you got?

Comparisons between The Rabid Wolverine and The goatface make for a valid discussion. If you had to pick who was the better wrestler in your opinion between The Crippler and The World's Toughest Vegan, who would you take?

Knows he isn't welcome

Default Re: Daniel Bryan....Or Chris Benoit? Who you got?

Daniel Bryan is better, IMO. The fact he is more charismatic and likable also helps a lot.

Also, the fact Bryan's style is so different from Benoit's in a good way helps. And the gimmick differences. And the overall look...

I'm sorry, why were we comparing these two again?
    That's all, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwolf View Post
    Daniel Bryan is better, IMO. The fact he is more charismatic and likable also helps a lot.

Also, the fact Bryan's style is so different from Benoit's in a good way helps. And the gimmick differences. And the overall look...

I'm sorry, why were we comparing these two again?
    Because they're not uber-tall and have similar looking submission moves.

inb4 vanilla midgets.
    Just wait and see how it plays out, guys.

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

Bryan is more exciting to watch in the ring and is a far better all around performer.

Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice on Daniel Bryan
    I don't want to see his face anymore. It makes me want to die.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Benoit. When he chokes a bitch they do not get up. Bryan really lacks that killer edge that Benoit possessed.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

RIP Oscar Taveras :( SM(Stardust)'s Avatar

Bryan, because he doesn't bore me in the ring like Benoit did. I was never a fan of Benoit.

surrender

tis not right in the head whocares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Djm
    Because they're not uber-tall and have similar looking submission moves.

inb4 vanilla midgets.
    Somebody forgot the Diving Headbutt... For shame.

I can see the comparison. I mean, they both have/had an intense hard hitting wrestling style. And they both can/could get over with in-ring work alone. Sure, there are differences... but you can't deny there are also similarities.

That being said, I'd go with Daniel Bryan simply because there is no way I can bring myself to back up Benoit on anything these days...

Sidenote: It is kind of spooky that a guy named Daniel uses a slightly altered Crippler Crossface.

Banned

Benoit was and still is a favorite of mine. So many people talk badly about him because of what happened but that stuff is a tragedy all around. As a wrestler his levels of intensity are nearly unmatched and his wrestling skill was beyond great. He was believable as a champion and I never had a moment of Yeah Right! seeing him beat anyone. I strongly believe if he was released as DLC on the next WWE video game, he would be the most popular download regardless of what Headline News said about it. I think Benoit would have an amazing match with DB but also he's a better overall wrestler as he was never reduced to bullshit like Goatface or having to hug it out for laughs. DB did make the most of the BS he was forced into but Benoit just never had to go that route. To me that keeps him above DB for now as I will always see him as a viable Championship threat type wrestler with the history and the character to make you believe.

Also, all the murder jokes suck. What happened was horrible and joking about it doesn't make me laugh at all. R.I.P. Chris Benoit.

Quote Originally Posted by Repperton View Post
    Benoit was and still is a favorite of mine. So many people talk badly about him because of what happened but that stuff is a tragedy all around. As a wrestler his levels of intensity are nearly unmatched and his wrestling skill was beyond great. He was believable as a champion and I never had a moment of Yeah Right! seeing him beat anyone. I strongly believe if he was released as DLC on the next WWE video game, he would be the most popular download regardless of what Headline News said about it. I think Benoit would have an amazing match with DB but also he's a better overall wrestler as he was never reduced to bullshit like Goatface or having to hug it out for laughs. DB did make the most of the BS he was forced into but Benoit just never had to go that route. To me that keeps him above DB for now as I will always see him as a viable Championship threat type wrestler with the history and the character to make you believe.

Also, all the murder jokes suck. What happened was horrible and joking about it doesn't make me laugh at all. R.I.P. Chris Benoit.
    I originally thought about doing one of my typical jerkass posts and going on about serious business, but I'm going to ask you a question.

You pointed out the 'bs' that Bryan has had to do and the fact that he has made the most out of it. Tell me. Do you think Chris Benoit would've been capable of the same?
    Just wait and see how it plays out, guys.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    I originally thought about doing one of my typical jerkass posts and going on about serious business, but I'm going to ask you a question.

You pointed out the 'bs' that Bryan has had to do and the fact that he has made the most out of it. Tell me. Do you think Chris Benoit would've been capable of the same?
    I don't know. He might have said Fuck You and walked. I mean he quit WCW as champion for bullshit going on, this is bullshit too in my opinion. I'm glad DB can get himself over but without Benoit, there is no Daniel Bryan.

Bryan. While the other guy was great he was only a great wrestler and never evolved into a performer while Bryan has.

Benoit is dead. It is not up to me to judge him for what he is accused of. However I may compare him (the way I viewed him from his WWF debut up until his death) to DeeBee.

I must say that he (Chris Benoit) is a superior in-ring talent. However I do believe that Daniel Bryan is not too far behind the Rabid Wolverine. DB might be a mile (or maybe two) behind Benoit in the ring. However he is a, by far, a superior entertainer (when it comes to the entertainment value, he is superior to the WWE's number one guy, John Cena). Overall I find the former American Dragon to be a superior "total package". I only enjoyed Benoit's in-ring performances. Not do I only enjoy Daniel Bryan's in-ring performances however I also enjoy the entertainment element of the character. It is a known fact that Vince McMahon has a big sense of humor (whether you believe that humor belongs in pro-wrestling or not) and I'm quite certain that Vince would prefer DB over Benoit (even if he was still alive) any day.

.... is back!

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Metal View Post
    Benoit is dead. It is not up to me to judge him for what he is accused of. However I may compare him (the way I viewed him from his WWF debut up until his death) to DeeBee.

I must say that he (Chris Benoit) is a superior in-ring talent. However I do believe that Daniel Bryan is not too far behind the Rabid Wolverine. DB might be a mile (or maybe two) behind Benoit in the ring. However he is a, by far, a superior entertainer (when it comes to the entertainment value, he is superior to the WWE's number one guy, John Cena). Overall I find the former American Dragon to be a superior "total package". I only enjoyed Benoit's in-ring performances. Not do I only enjoy Daniel Bryan's in-ring performances however I also enjoy the entertainment element of the character. It is a known fact that Vince McMahon has a big sense of humor (whether you believe that humor belongs in pro-wrestling or not) and I'm quite certain that Vince would prefer DB over Benoit (even if he was still alive) any day.
    Bryan Danielson was winning best Wrestler in the World awards when Benoit was alive. He's nowhere near a few miles behind but he's the equal maybe even better then Benoit. Bryan had far more character and can make anyone and I mean anyone look good. Benoit was excellent but Bryan is the total package.

Benoit had an intensity behind his every in-ring action that I've never seen matched. But I think Bryan Danielson is a better worker for my tastes. His 20-60 minute matches in ROH against Nigel and others are clinics in how to keep a crowd emotionally invested in a match using only physicality.

Quote Originally Posted by Engel View Post
    Benoit. When he chokes a bitch they do not get up. Bryan really lacks that killer edge that Benoit possessed.
    Post of the year!

I could see the comparison if it was between Bryan Danielson and Chris Benoit, but Daniel Bryan has shown far too much charisma and personality.

Bender

PW Accolades

Spoiler

In comparison I'm gonna say Chris Benoit is better , easily ... ..

Chris Benoit, easily. No one has ever matched his intensity in the ring. Also, Benoit is a lot smoother in the ring than Bryan is.

Quote Originally Posted by BATISTA_CenA View Post
    In comparison I'm gonna say Chris Benoit is better , easily ... ..
    Oh stop even you know that's not true

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Valuable View Post
    Chris Benoit, easily. No one has ever matched his intensity in the ring. Also, Benoit is a lot smoother in the ring than Bryan is.
    Go watch Danielson and then you eat your words. Bryan is one of the smoothest guys ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan4ever View Post
    Go watch Danielson and then you eat your words. Bryan is one of the smoothest guys ever.
    Compared to Benoit? Yeah... not buying that.

Banned

I just look back at all of Benoit's excellent ECW and WCW work and it clinches this one for me. Benoit matches were the real main events for a ton of WCW PPVs even if Hogan had the World Title. That US title stuff going on with DDP and Raven and Benoit was just gold. Maybe DB will get even more awesome but he will never shake the Goatface garbage without a ton of better activity. And his look currently, just screams retard to me. It's hard to really get behind anyone that looks like such an asshole. I'm sorry but the second that shit goes he might just turn into serious business I can't deny.

Daniel Bryan.

He is much more exciting to watch in the ring, and he shows a ton more charisma than Benoit ever did.

Banner Credit: Bender

From a pure wrestling standpoint Chris Benoit is the best of all time in my opinion. That said the American Dragon is up there in my top 5 in ring performers and he is several trillion light years better than Benoit on the mic and as a character. When Benoit wasn't wrestling he was just not that entertaining and/or fun to watch. If I ran a promotion and had to pick between Daniel Bryan as he is now or a sane/living Chris Benoit to be "the man" then i'd take Bryan every single time, Benoit's better in ring ability can't compensate for the massive edge in charisma Bryan possesses.

Knows he isn't welcome

You know another thing I like about Bryan that puts him above Benoit for me? He does not do too much "serious business!!!" stuff, even the stuff that doesn't make him look favorable he makes fun as hell.

I would take that any day of the week over Benoit's overdone killer intensity, and I say that as someone that liked Benoit back then.
    Last edited by Nightwolf; 06-29-2013 at 01:07 AM.
    That's all, folks.

Thread Information