Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CM Punk files restraining order on his mom!

Banned

Default CM Punk files restraining order on his mom!

My kind of guy

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/p...10032098.shtml

From TMZ

CM Punk's legal wish has been granted -- a judge has issued a 2-year restraining order against the WWE superstar's estranged mother after she allegedly bombarded him with threats, TMZ has learned.

We broke the story ... Punk filed legal docs in Illinois claiming his mom threatened to commit suicide several times after he stopped giving her money to pay for her living situation. Punk also claimed his mom had threatened to expose humiliating secrets from his past.

Punk had already received a temporary restraining order against his mom -- but today, the judge decided to extend the order of protection for 2 years.

Punk had asked the court to also ban his mom from WWE wrestling events -- but it's unclear if the judge signed off on that request as well.

Default Re: CM Punk files restraining order on his mom!

In other news, I also read on the PW main site that Jake Roberts is drinking again. Must be a slow news day. Moving on...

I don't give a shit if Punk has a thing for screwing biracial, gay midgets at this point. When he does something that shows his disregard for someone's basic human rights then I will disregard him as a human being despite how awesome he is as a performer.

Punk's in the right here. He's already tried helping her but enough is enough. Emotional blackmail is wrong.

Punk always talked about having a weird relationship with his family. His brother stole from the LWF which was Punk's backyard fed prior to joining Steel Domain. He also had all the issues with his parents giving his brother all the chances he should have had as well. I guess it was a similar case to the whole estranged child becomes famous, now it's time to jump on the gravy train.

Banned

That sucks for him. I hope it doesn't mess with him too bad. From the Best in the World DVD it seems like he had issues with his brother as well that were similar. Bummer. Hope she leaves him alone.

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    I don't give a shit if Punk has a thing for screwing biracial, gay midgets at this point. When he does something that shows his disregard for someone's basic human rights then I will disregard him as a human being despite how awesome he is as a performer.
    Wait, what? Did I miss something?

"I like cake."

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndersons Mic View Post
    Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Wait, what? Did I miss something?
    I'm saying I don't care about his personal life. I didn't know he had problems with his mother but this doesn't change my opinion of him. I know no one has implied that here but I read comments elsewhere(TMZ) flat out calling him an asshole.

I also don't care what any of those "humiliating secrets" are unless he's actually doing someone some kind of harm.
    Last edited by William; 06-28-2013 at 08:40 AM.

How long before this gets integrated into a storyline?

I'm saying I don't care about his personal life. I didn't know he had problems with his mother but this doesn't change my opinion of him. I know no one has implied that here but I read comments elsewhere(TMZ) flat out calling him an asshole.

I also don't care what any of those "humiliating secrets" are unless he's actually doing someone some kind of harm.
    The humiliating secrets apparently involved him going to prison when he was younger....according to Meltz.
    Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig and av.

Quote Originally Posted by MKPunk View Post
    Punk always talked about having a weird relationship with his family. His brother stole from the LWF which was Punk's backyard fed prior to joining Steel Domain. He also had all the issues with his parents giving his brother all the chances he should have had as well. I guess it was a similar case to the whole estranged child becomes famous, now it's time to jump on the gravy train.
    They want handouts! I applaud CM Punk for taking a stand against his mother.

It'd be pretty ironic if the 'embarrasing secret' was that Punk was arrested for being an intoxicated minor or something.

Gimmick change~!

Quote Originally Posted by WMS View Post
    It'd be pretty ironic if the 'embarrasing secret' was that Punk was arrested for being an intoxicated minor or something.

Gimmick change~!
    That would be funny.

Apparently there were a few arrests. Wouldn't be surprised if it was drugs or something like that tbh. Either that or theft would be my guess but who knows.
    Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig and av.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss HHH View Post
    Apparently there were a few arrests. Wouldn't be surprised if it was drugs or something like that tbh. Either that or theft would be my guess but who knows.
    Maybe it was for fighting. I'd be shocked if it was drugs but it did say embarrasing.

The humiliating secrets apparently involved him going to prison when he was younger....according to Meltz.
    How would Meltzer know the humiliating secrets that Punk's mom was going to reveal, if she never revealed them?

surrender

Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    How would Meltzer know the humiliating secrets that Punk's mom was going to reveal, if she never revealed them?
    I'm beginning to trust Meltzer less and less as the days go by...

Meltzer just reported what was from the TMZ report

http://www.tmz.com/2013/06/26/cm-pun...-mother-court/

Sounds like they're sourcing it from legal docs.

Meltzer is just relaying their story.

For those who don't want to give TMZ the traffic, basically it was just Punk speculating about what his mother would reveal.
    Pimpin' Ain't Easy

If it was when he was a minor outside of something the seriousness of rape or murder I'm still not sure I want to know.

If it was when he was a minor outside of something the seriousness of rape or murder I'm still not sure I want to know.
    Nor would it really be mentioned. I mean it would be expunged when he got old enough. And if it was something pretty serious, WWE would not hire him.

Quote Originally Posted by MKPunk View Post
    Nor would it really be mentioned. I mean it would be expunged when he got old enough. And if it was something pretty serious, WWE would not hire him.
    It can't be used in a court of law but she could still find a way to get the info out there.

Banned

Punk being Straight Edge now has ZERO to do with if he drank in his youth or something. He isn't disqualified by any means. It's a conscious choice. People can learn from their mistakes, if they choose to call them mistakes in the first place.

Punk's alcoholic father was brought into the Jericho feud needlessly, the mother thing will probably happen to for someone who can't generate heat any other way.

Quote Originally Posted by WMS View Post
    Maybe it was for fighting. I'd be shocked if it was drugs but it did say embarrasing.
    Punk became straight edge at some point in his young life, presumably after seeing his alcoholic father and refusing to be like him. But what about the days before Punk made that conscious decision? Who's to say that he never tried alcohol or drugs? I don't see what is so shocking about that...

It would be shocking because he cites his father's problems as the sole reason for his decision, as if he saw his dad in an unholy state one night and decided 'fuck this, I'm never doing this shit'.

It would not be disgraceful by any means if he was a kid, but I would be shocked, I think it's a fair word to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    It would be shocking because he cites his father's problems as the sole reason for his decision, as if he saw his dad in an unholy state one night and decided 'fuck this, I'm never doing this shit'.

It would not be disgraceful by any means if he was a kid, but I would be shocked, I think it's a fair word to use.
    This is where the blurry reality of 'rasslin confuses me. Did he say that in a promo? Or was it out of character, and if so was he still in kayfabe? I know the wrestling business has changed a lot but a smark's nature is to take everything as a work until proven otherwise.
    Last edited by William; 06-28-2013 at 07:44 PM. Reason: autocorrect

Thread Information