There was a forum I used to be a part of called Telly-TV, however it shut down about a year ago. I was in a big part of the wrestling game section they had, and I ran a game called the Control A Superstar game. Basically, everybody who signs up picks any current superstar on the WWE roster (on a first come, first serve basis). It's basically a roleplaying game. Depending on whichever superstar you pick, you have to act like that wrestler. There will be an episode of RAW every week, in which I will post a thread on Monday Night with the match card for tonight's show. Over the course of the week I will write in detail each match. What you have to do is, in the RAW threads, cut promos to continue and advance the storylines, rivalries, alliances, and so forth, that you are involved it.
Here are a few key points:
1. Any superstar on the roster. It doesn't matter who you pick, each of you will be treated fairly. For example, if someone picked The Rock, and another person chose Yoshi Tatsu, they would be treated as equals, so if the person who played The Rock was inactive, and cut poor quality promos on a rare basis, but the person who chose Yoshi tatsu cut good quality promos that effected and advanced storylines well, and they were very active, Yoshi Tatsu would be treated as main event talent whereas Rock would more than likely be a jobber.
2. If you are inactive for a while, you will be kicked from the game and your superstar will be available for someone else.
3. No changing. It's too complicated and often ruins storylines. Once you pick your superstar, you're stuck with him.
4. If enough people join, like around 40, which I doubt, the roster will be split into two brands, RAW, and SmackDown, and there will be a draft on an annual basis.
5. Pay-per-views occur as in real life. Every 4-6 weeks a PPV will take place. Royal Rumble, Elimination Chamber, WrestleMania, Extreme Rules, Payback, Money In The Bank, SummerSlam, Night Of Champions, Hell In A Cell, Survivor Series and TLC. If the roster is split into two brands, I wil add Bragging Rights.
6. The championships will start off with the WWE Championship (main event), the United States Championship (mid-card) and the WWE Tag Team Championship (tag team). If a SmackDown brand is added, I will also bring in the World Heavyweight Championship and the Intercontiental Championship for the SmackDown brand.
7. If you and a partner agree to create a tag team, let me know via PM or in a thread and I will add you as an official team with your chosen team name, if you want one. You will then be contenders for the tag titles. This does not mean that you will no longer be contenders for the WWE/US titles.
8. For the first show, I will make the matches, and when I write them out, I will also try and start some feuds. You are welcome to start feuds of your own via promos.
9. You can start brawls and attack people backstage. Just type and aterisk * and then type something like (Your chosen wrestler) attacks (whoever) and (does this) with (this object). However, no forcing actions! People used to do this on the other forum and it ruined the game and pissed a lot of people off. What I mean is, you can't be Randy Orton and constantly RKO people backstage so you can get the one-up in rivalries without even giving them the chance to counter. What you can do is *Randy goes for the RKO* and you can give your opponent the opportunity to reverse it or get hit by the move. Which ever advances the storyline better.
That's all I can think of at the moment. If I think oif anything else, I'll write it on here.
I'd like to know if you guys want to see this game. If the majority of people do, I will start the game, and if most people don't then I'll bin the idea. Tell me what you think, guys! Thanks.
Alberto Del Rio
Big E Langston
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
The Great Khali
Rob Van Dam