Thread: Idea For A Game.

Wrestling God #2 ProWrestlingFan's Avatar

Default Control A Superstar Sign Up Thread

There was a forum I used to be a part of called Telly-TV, however it shut down about a year ago. I was in a big part of the wrestling game section they had, and I ran a game called the Control A Superstar game. Basically, everybody who signs up picks any current superstar on the WWE roster (on a first come, first serve basis). It's basically a roleplaying game. Depending on whichever superstar you pick, you have to act like that wrestler. There will be an episode of RAW every week, in which I will post a thread on Monday Night with the match card for tonight's show. Over the course of the week I will write in detail each match. What you have to do is, in the RAW threads, cut promos to continue and advance the storylines, rivalries, alliances, and so forth, that you are involved it.

Here are a few key points:

1. Any superstar on the roster. It doesn't matter who you pick, each of you will be treated fairly. For example, if someone picked The Rock, and another person chose Yoshi Tatsu, they would be treated as equals, so if the person who played The Rock was inactive, and cut poor quality promos on a rare basis, but the person who chose Yoshi tatsu cut good quality promos that effected and advanced storylines well, and they were very active, Yoshi Tatsu would be treated as main event talent whereas Rock would more than likely be a jobber.

2. If you are inactive for a while, you will be kicked from the game and your superstar will be available for someone else.

3. No changing. It's too complicated and often ruins storylines. Once you pick your superstar, you're stuck with him.

4. If enough people join, like around 40, which I doubt, the roster will be split into two brands, RAW, and SmackDown, and there will be a draft on an annual basis.

5. Pay-per-views occur as in real life. Every 4-6 weeks a PPV will take place. Royal Rumble, Elimination Chamber, WrestleMania, Extreme Rules, Payback, Money In The Bank, SummerSlam, Night Of Champions, Hell In A Cell, Survivor Series and TLC. If the roster is split into two brands, I wil add Bragging Rights.

6. The championships will start off with the WWE Championship (main event), the United States Championship (mid-card) and the WWE Tag Team Championship (tag team). If a SmackDown brand is added, I will also bring in the World Heavyweight Championship and the Intercontiental Championship for the SmackDown brand.

7. If you and a partner agree to create a tag team, let me know via PM or in a thread and I will add you as an official team with your chosen team name, if you want one. You will then be contenders for the tag titles. This does not mean that you will no longer be contenders for the WWE/US titles.

8. For the first show, I will make the matches, and when I write them out, I will also try and start some feuds. You are welcome to start feuds of your own via promos.

9. You can start brawls and attack people backstage. Just type and aterisk * and then type something like (Your chosen wrestler) attacks (whoever) and (does this) with (this object). However, no forcing actions! People used to do this on the other forum and it ruined the game and pissed a lot of people off. What I mean is, you can't be Randy Orton and constantly RKO people backstage so you can get the one-up in rivalries without even giving them the chance to counter. What you can do is *Randy goes for the RKO* and you can give your opponent the opportunity to reverse it or get hit by the move. Which ever advances the storyline better.

That's all I can think of at the moment. If I think oif anything else, I'll write it on here.

I'd like to know if you guys want to see this game. If the majority of people do, I will start the game, and if most people don't then I'll bin the idea. Tell me what you think, guys! Thanks.

Available superstars:
    Alberto Del Rio
    Alex Riley
    Antonio Cesaro
    Big E Langston
    Big Show
    Bo Dallas
    Brock Lesnar
    Brodus Clay
    Camacho
    Chris Jericho
    Christian
    CM Punk
    Cody Rhodes
    Curt Hawkins
    Curtis Axel
    Damien Sandow
    Daniel Bryan
    Darren Young
    David Otunga
    Dean Ambrose
    Dolph Ziggler
    Drew McIntyre
    Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Epico
    Evan Bourne
    Ezekiel Jackson
    Fandango
    The Great Khali
    Heath Slater
    Hunico
    Jack Swagger
    Jey Uso
    Jimmy Uso
    Jinder Mahal
    John Cena
    JTG
    Justin Gabriel
    Kane
    Kofi Kingston
    Mark Henry
    The Miz
    Primo
    R-Truth
    Randy Orton
    Rey Mysterio
    Rob Van Dam
    Roman Reigna
    Ryback
    Santino Marella
    Seth Rollins
    Sheamus
    Sin Cara
    Ted DiBiase
    Tensai
    Titus O'Niel
    Triple H
    Tyson Kidd
    Undertaker
    Wade Barrett
    William Regal
    Yoshi Tatsu
    Zack Ryder
    Last edited by ProWrestlingFan; 06-26-2013 at 11:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rock
    The Rock is back, and he is never leaving again! *leaves*

Default Re: Idea For A Game.

This sounds an awful lot like a game that used to take play in Video Games & Technology. The basic concept is the same as what you are proposing, except the organiser would simulate the matches he made on one of the Smackdown games. He would pit the AIs against each other and write match reports and storylines based on how the matches went. It was a very cool idea and I enjoyed participating myself. I imagine it will be easier to run without having to simulate matches either, apparently that was very time consuming.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    This sounds an awful lot like a game that used to take play in Video Games & Technology. The basic concept is the same as what you are proposing, except the organiser would simulate the matches he made on one of the Smackdown games. He would pit the AIs against each other and write match reports and storylines based on how the matches went. It was a very cool idea and I enjoyed participating myself. I imagine it will be easier to run without having to simulate matches either, apparently that was very time consuming.
    Writing the matches up is alo very time consuming. And this user didn't happen to be called TNA VS WWE did he?

Nah, he is MayoPan. I think he was called Joey before that.

Managed to dig up the old thread: http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=81771

The idea you are thinking of is called e-fedding.

And they kinda frown on that on PDub.

~Credit to Bender for the awesome sig

So that's what E-Fedding is. I never actually knew until now

Nah, he is MayoPan. I think he was called Joey before that.

Managed to dig up the old thread: http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=81771
    The thing with using the video games is that it's slightly unfair. The example I used was The Rock and Yoshi Tatsu, if The Rock and Yoshi Tatsu faced each other, The Rock is pretty much guaranteed to win 90% of the time, whereas if I write the matches, I choose the winner on what is better for storylines, and who is more active on the game and who writes better promos. Also, using the video games can sometimes mess up storylines. So yeah, I tend to not use storylines. Seriously though, do you guys want to see this game and would you take part in it?

I'm not saying you should use videogames, just that this game you are proposing reminded me of that simulation league. I would be interested, not sure about anyone else though.

As an aside, I think MayoPan had a way of balancing the SvR matches to make it basically 50/50. Can't remember what exactly he did though.

Most e-fedding sites actually want you to use original characters instead of WWE/TNA ones, cause they don't want their sites shut down by WWE/TNA for copyright infringement.

This game sounds a bit like the prediction pool I used to run on here in around 2006. It was based around the PPVs and basically you would pick who would win the match, what the outcome was (pinfall, sumbission, etc) and list a few notes about the match (interference, ref bump, etc). It started as bitch bets, went on to being for PW bucks, and eventually people made their own characters and storylines. Winners were based on who won the predictions. It was pretty damn fun.

WD4L
    Be a part of the rebirth... of VWA.
    Volatile Wrestling Alliance

I'm not saying you should use videogames, just that this game you are proposing reminded me of that simulation league. I would be interested, not sure about anyone else though.

As an aside, I think MayoPan had a way of balancing the SvR matches to make it basically 50/50. Can't remember what exactly he did though.
    Should I make a sign up thread and see if anyone signs up?

Quote Originally Posted by ProWrestlingFan View Post
    Should I make a sign up thread and see if anyone signs up?
    This thread is enough as it already explains the rules and is designed to gauge interest.

All available superstars have been added.

Thread Information