Thread: jack swagger got hard times a coming no jail however

Question jack swagger got hard times a coming no jail however

according to wrestlinginc.com

Jack Swagger was found guilty of DUI and speeding at his trial today in Gulfport, MS.
    Swagger has been sentenced to six months' probation, $500 fine and will have to pay for all court costs related to his case. Swagger's attorney managed to get his two days in jail suspended, so he wont have to spend anytime behind bars.

The judge dismissed the marijuana possession charge against Swagger.

Default Re: jack swagger got hard times a coming no jail however

So the Big Boss Man will not make him walk the line? BOOO!

A slap on the wrist. With an oven mitten.
    Fanny Pack Wrestling Podcast---saving the world from the WWE Malaise, one episode at a time!

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    Roman Reigns becomes champion for the first time before Bryan wins the title again? I'll get in on that action.

With my PW Career. Bryan wins the title again before Roman, I'm gone.

6 months probation for a DUI.....what a crock of shit

Quote Originally Posted by JoMo View Post
    6 months probation for a DUI.....what a crock of shit
    That's what's wrong with America today. If you're a celebrity, or if you are well known, you get off easy. Everybody else doing the same crime, pays the price.

Of course he got off easy, he is the first man to go to Mars after all.
    baboosh

Quote Originally Posted by CM Punk'd View Post
    That's what's wrong with America today. If you're a celebrity, or if you are well known, you get off easy. Everybody else doing the same crime, pays the price.
    I think his sentence is no worse/better than the average 1 st time DUI offender. I would have to look up DUI stats for Gulfport to verify that, but I have better things to do than look up facts to back up an argument concerning Jack Freaking Swagger.

Quote Originally Posted by bischoffs brain View Post
    I think his sentence is no worse/better than the average 1 st time DUI offender. I would have to look up DUI stats for Gulfport to verify that, but I have better things to do than look up facts to back up an argument concerning Jack Freaking Swagger.
    Decided to look it up, just to see how easy Swagger was getting off.

http://www.arrestedms.com/lawyer-attorney-1738229.html

In Mississippi, a first offense DUI conviction is punished by up to 48 hours jail time, fine of $250 to $1,000 fine, court costs, and completion of the Mississippi Alcohol Safety Education Program (MASEP). First offense punishment for DUI may also include attendance of the Victim Impact Panel (VIP) of MADD. The driving license suspension is 90 days minimum if MASEP is completed. A hardship license may be available after a first offense for the purposes of work, education or medical care.
    Based off of that it doesn't seem Jack Swagger got off easy, at least not anymore then anyone else from Mississippi would have for a first time DUI offense.

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

Banned

I knew the weed wasn't Swaggars

Wrestling God #2 ProWrestlingFan's Avatar

Once Swagger pays for what he's done, hopefully he learns his lesson and doesn't dod it again. Unlike Evan Bourne, who got suspended for 30 days, came back and I think it was 2 weeks later he got suspended again. Idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rock
    The Rock is back, and he is never leaving again! *leaves*

Well at least he got some form of punishment for being a massive idiot right after WWE put some more misplaced faith in him. Couple that with the fact he's been off my television screen for a while and i'm quite happy with this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am then love me for something i'm not
    Episode 1 of "Sittin down for a chat with Oncall" with special guest Emperor

That is a about standard for a DUI first offense. Only special treatment he got is the zero jail time.

TNA Forum Title History
    Forum Championship (1 time)
    Tag Team Championship (3 time)
    X Championship (2 time)
    Internet Championship (3 time)

Quote Originally Posted by CM Punk'd View Post
    Jack Swagger is not well known unless you're a wrestling fan.

Banned

I kind of want Swagger to get fired. I don't think weed is a big deal but rules are rules and if your employer says Hey don't do this, and then they give you a huge push, and then you screw it up, you're gone. Same thing with RVD back in the day. The company gives you the ball and you make the company look bad, you should be disciplined accordingly. Swagger was in limbo for a while then they not only bring him back but give him a whole new character practically and a new, and very talented manager to get him over. Being irresponsible has consequences.

Believe in the Shield. Lilslimshady's Avatar

I'm typically one to show grace and forgiveness, but I really have zero patience for people that drive under the influence. I'd be so harsh on that if I was a police officer. Obviously, you shouldn't be speeding or have possession of illegal drugs either. But, when I see somebody under the public eye just be so careless and irresponsible, it irks me. 6 months probation hopefully teaches him something. The fines don't mean anything as he has substantial funds more than likely. I just want him to be smart next time and learn his lesson.

The Sun Herald in Mississippi has reported new details on Jack Swagger's legal troubles, after a trial that lasted several hours in Gulfport on Tuesday.
    * When Swagger was stopped by police on February 19th, he told police he had just showered, stopped by a fast food restaurant and was "pretty banged up" after the SmackDown tapings that night.

* The officer testified that Swagger was driving 10 mph faster than the speed limit and that he smelled burned marijuana in Swagger's rental car. The officer also saw a few pieces of marijuana on Swagger's lap.

* Swagger did not testify yesterday but a video recorded by a patrol car camera was shown. Swagger told the officer that night he smoked some marijuana before leaving the Coliseum that night. Swagger told the officer, "I know I f-d up. I apologize, man."

* An officer testified that Swagger handed him his credit card when asked for his driver's license. Swagger's speech was slow, his eyes bloodshot and watery, but he was "cooperative, nervous and talkative." A DUI officer said, "He was just as docile as a gentleman can possibly be."

* A video showed Swagger taking a field sobriety test in 44 degree weather on the side of the road. The DUI officer described the test as a "walk and turn" while counting and a one-leg stand, also while counting. Swagger stumbled a few times while waving his arms in the air to balance himself and stood on one leg. "It was probably by far one of the worst I've ever seen as a DUI officer for under the influence of marijuana," the officer testified.

* Swagger was fined $1,000 plus $300 in court costs for the DUI conviction. He was also fined $198 for speeding and must attend an alcohol-safety class and a victim-impact class. Swagger can get his license back in 90 days if he completes the classes, instead of a year.

Why would you attend and ALCOHOL safety class for MARIJUANA usage?
    baboosh

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    Why would you attend and ALCOHOL safety class for MARIJUANA usage?
    Probably because he was under the influence of alcohol?

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

I thought he was under the influence of Marijuana, not alcohol.
    baboosh

He was in possession of marijuana. He could have been drunk too.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

I'm always confused about these "probation" sentences- will he be able to still travel with the WWE since its his job, or will he be confined to one state?

Quote Originally Posted by Voxtz View Post
    I'm always confused about these "probation" sentences- will he be able to still travel with the WWE since its his job, or will he be confined to one state?
    I think it depends if his DUI is consider a misdemeanor or felony. I am guess his was a misdemeanor so he can probably leave the state without asking permission. Had it been a felony he could have got a travel permit which he probably would have been granted based on his job.

TNA Forum Title History
    Forum Championship (1 time)
    Tag Team Championship (3 time)
    X Championship (2 time)
    Internet Championship (3 time)

The booze I can accept. It's the marijuana that pisses me off. I just hate potheads.

Believe in the Shield. Lilslimshady's Avatar

I just keep getting mad the more and more I think about it. Why the fuck do a lot of these people have to be so careless? DUI? Speeding while you have possession of Marijuana? Yes, he fucked up. I'm willing to forget this incident, but when I hear of shit like this or Hardy's or Angle's or RVD's past, it just pisses me off to the end. They are grown ass men that can do what they please, but there are consequences for their actions. I have a lot of love for anybody that wrestles. Much respect! Just be smart, guys.

Thread Information