Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did anyone else want Orton to RKO Bryan after their street fight?

Default Did anyone else want Orton to RKO Bryan after their street fight?

Not out of annoyance that Bryan won, in fact I was glad he won. But when Bryan was chanting yes I really wanted him to turn around and then WHAM! RKO! Then the Orton heel turn would have begun, but no he just shook his hand which was kinda dissapointing. Was anyone else hoping for that or at least expecting that would happen?
    BEST AVATAR IN THE WORLD!
    The winner of Summerfest!'s Signature Face-Off!
    Thanks to all who give rep

Default Re: Did anyone else want Orton to RKO Bryan after their street fight?

No, it would have taken away from what may be Bryans biggest career win to date. Besides, it wouldn't have been a heel turn, it would have been Orton being Orton. Now, if Orton RKO's Lawler...
    baboosh

That would have been predictable. Him shaking Bryan's hand and just walking away was more surprising to see.

Knows he isn't welcome

Considering that an Orton heel turn changes absolutely nothing........No, I'm perfectly fine with the way it ended.

And seriously, an Orton heel turn is completely pointless.
    That's all, folks.

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwolf View Post
    Considering that an Orton heel turn changes absolutely nothing........No, I'm perfectly fine with the way it ended.

And seriously, an Orton heel turn is completely pointless.
    This exactly.

I'll never understand this fascination with turning Orton heel again. It really won't accomplish anything.

Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice on Daniel Bryan
    I don't want to see his face anymore. It makes me want to die.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    This exactly.

I'll never understand this fascination with turning Orton heel again. It really won't accomplish anything.
    Changes nothing? Maybe it will light a fire under his ass, and give him a personality again?
    Steve Austin was and still is the Best wrestler Ever!

World's Largest Member Lionhart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Submission View Post
    Changes nothing? Maybe it will light a fire under his ass, and give him a personality again?
    The whole reason the fans started cheering Orton was because of his stoic, not-give-a-fuck attitude.

He has more personality now than he's ever had as a face. Except maybe his 2004 run, but that seemed forced.

So, yeah. Let's stop this whole charisma discussion.

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Submission View Post
    What personality will it give him?

He'll still be "The Viper," he'll still speak in a monotone, and he'll still go to "that place" during his matches. Nothing will change.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Nope. It wouldn't have changed anything. I honestly don't think Orton should turn and think that his current personality is something that I can live with for the next couple of years.

Also, it would've ruined Bryan's victory celebration which is a arguably the biggest win in is WWE career.

""You dare defy fate?" - Jun Kazama

...so him winning the World Heavyweight Championship wasn't the biggest win in his career?

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriofan View Post
    ...so him winning the World Heavyweight Championship wasn't the biggest win in his career?

Considering how he won it...no. Out of all the cash-in's his was my least favorite. Made him really look weak.

No Sadly it's nice to see it down on his resume but it was more his amazing heel work rather then his reign many remember
    Even though he was an awesome heel who did he make tap out that was a main eventer? No one.

A good WWE title reign and beating a few top guys will do him wonders.

BTW Orton RKO Bryan after that win would have ruined Bryan's night. It was perfect the way it was done.

It would've been too predictably obvious. Everyone was expecting it, and sometimes, not giving the most obvious thing is a good thing.

And, yeah. They let Bryan have his moment to close Raw. That's bigger than some people realize.
    Just wait and see how it plays out, guys.

I was so happy that Orton didn't turn heel or attack Daniel Bryan. I think Orton will turn soon, just not against Daniel Bryan.

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    It would've been too predictably obvious. Everyone was expecting it, and sometimes, not giving the most obvious thing is a good thing.

And, yeah. They let Bryan have his moment to close Raw. That's bigger than some people realize.
    Exactly.

That moment mattered than anything else that may needed/not needed to have happened. The last several weeks had built to that moment and was the natural progression in the story of both men, combined and separate. The key to telling a good story, even in professional wrestling, is keep it simple. They did that and it was a satisfying end.

It's possible someone might poke fun at Orton thus causing him to snap and turn heel. Imagine if they start calling Randy Orton the "weak link." That would for sure put voices in his head.

World's Largest Member Lionhart's Avatar

Winning the WHC doesn't solidify you as a main-eventer.

His win on Raw solidified that the company had faith in him. And he made one of the top faces in WWE tap out. Clean.

Spoiler

Well I'm glad Orton didn't RKo him last night and steel the spotlight. It was a great moment for Bryan to finally have on raw, but I still expect Orton to turn later this summer.
    Steve Austin was and still is the Best wrestler Ever!

Fans were chanting 'you tapped out' at him...who knows, maybe it'll get to him

It was D-Bry's moment. No need to turn the focus to Orton.

Banned

I'd love to see this turn into a best of 7 series. Carry them through another month. 4 more matches, Bryan comes out on top, Randy loses his cool and gets closer to the evil Randy we all once loved.

I just signed up for this site a few days ago but I've been reading on this forum for over a year. People's obsession with turning Orton is ridiculous. Besides Punk(depending on where they are), Cena and Bryan, who gets bigger pops than Orton? When he's in there with guys like Beyan, Punk or Rollins he is awesome. I've always liked him and I like the way he's going. Bryan deserves this push. Too bad he won't win the title. On a side note, I do hope Henry wins at MITB

i see like DB and Orton are the last in the ladder...back and forth then DB with a suprise kick then gets briefcase if DB who will win the MITB

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/9d/Loituma.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Stinger31 View Post
    I just signed up for this site a few days ago but I've been reading on this forum for over a year. People's obsession with turning Orton is ridiculous. Besides Punk(depending on where they are), Cena and Bryan, who gets bigger pops than Orton? When he's in there with guys like Beyan, Punk or Rollins he is awesome. I've always liked him and I like the way he's going. Bryan deserves this push. Too bad he won't win the title. On a side note, I do hope Henry wins at MITB
    First of all, welcome to PW bud. Glad you decided to join up.

Secondly, I wouldn't be so sure that Bryan won't win the title. He's definitely more likely to do so than Henry imo.

Bender

Thanks man. I'd love to see him win the title. I've always been fond of the smaller wrestlers(Guerrero, Jericho, Flair, Punk, Angle, RVD etc). I have my doubts about it. Of course, if they give the title to Henry then that changes things. I'd like to see Henry get a little run with it. We shall see.

Thread Information