Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I think Daniel Bryan could be the guy to take Cena's spot.

Default I think Daniel Bryan could be the guy to take Cena's spot.

This guy is mega over right now and has been for sometime. He's a loveable enough guy for the kids/women to love and he's an amazing wrestler for all the hardcore wrestling fans. He's entertaining on the mic. He could be great for make a wish and as far as I know, he's not retiring any time soon(Punk). I don't see why he couldn't be.
    Spoiler

Default Re: I think Daniel Bryan could be the guy to take Cena's spot.

It would be interesting to see how the company would do if he was the #1 face in the company. I would have to imagine at some point the fans would get tried of his Yes/No act and he would need to evolve his character.

Even as a massive fan of his (as most of us are) I don't think this is even remotely likely. He's on his way to getting to a sort of CM Punk level, and it seems pretty much odds on that he'll get a WWE Championship reign, but he's not going to be the guy that everything revolves around for any long length of time. And it's not even that it's a bad thing, because very few people ever have been in "Cena's spot".

If he does win the WWE Championship I would like to see WWE give Cena some time off. Then we can see how WWE does with a new face at the top of the company.

Quote Originally Posted by HR View Post
    Even as a massive fan of his (as most of us are) I don't think this is even remotely likely. He's on his way to getting to a sort of CM Punk level, and it seems pretty much odds on that he'll get a WWE Championship reign, but he's not going to be the guy that everything revolves around for any long length of time. And it's not even that it's a bad thing, because very few people ever have been in "Cena's spot".
    I'm a massive Bryan fan since his ROH days but I don't see him been the number 1 guy (it could happen and I wouldn't be shocked if it did). He be the Bret Hart/HBK/Kurt Angle guy who put on great matches with everyone and who get the odd title reign here and there. He get the DVD release and the HOF but I can't see him been the number 1 guy.

But right now he's the best thing in WWE in 2013.

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

Yeah...even in the past few weeks when ive said things about him being the top guy, I made a clear point to say that he would be the Bret hart caliber of champion.

I really doubt he'd ever be the Cena type face of the company.

For starters he's not even remotely marketable enough for a company like WWE for many of the reasons he mentioned on Raw himself, like the fact that he's a small scruffy guy.

There's no way that Vince will will likely ever have him as the guy making the press rounds to promote big events as the face of the company, he barely let's Punk do much of that and even Punk is more marketable looking than Byan.

He can be a working champion but not the main face of the company IMO and I'm a huge fan.

Shout out to Bender for the Bad Ass Bad News Banner!

Quote Originally Posted by BadNewsFan View Post
    Yeah...even in the past few weeks when ive said things about him being the top guy, I made a clear point to say that he would be the Bret hart caliber of champion.

I really doubt he'd ever be the Cena type face of the company.

For starters he's not even remotely marketable enough for a company like WWE for many of the reasons he mentioned on Raw himself, like the fact that he's a small scruffy guy.

There's no way that Vince will will likely ever have him as the guy making the press rounds to promote big events as the face of the company, he barely let's Punk do much of that and even Punk is more marketable looking than Byan.

He can be a working champion but not the main face of the company IMO and I'm a huge fan.
    That's cause Punk is a bit of asshole in real life, looking at him in interviews he just doesn't have the time for those type of things. Bryan is well known for been a humble well spoken guy who even now works at getting better in the ring even though he's as he puts it "The Best Wrestler in the Fucking World". He's been doing the rounds with Advert and a few interviews in the last few months. I'd say Vince will throw him out there to do a few interviews in the next few months.

But yeah he be the Wrestling fan's Champion who won't let you down for top matches and give you top quality main events. He is the HBK/Bret Hart of today's WWE. He's pretty good on the mic too.

He could get to the number two spot fairly easy. He's not that far off imo. But I don't think he really has the crossover appeal to take Cena's spot.
    Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig and av.

Don't jinx it. I simply want to enjoy that he closed Raw last night.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    I'll be honest, I'll probably chant CM Punk in Brooklyn again.

I'm a follower.

This will stay in my sig until John Cena vs. The Rock----THRICE AS NICE. Or until I don't think it's funny anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Valuable View Post
    It would be interesting to see how the company would do if he was the #1 face in the company. I would have to imagine at some point the fans would get tried of his Yes/No act and he would need to evolve his character.
    Cena's been on top for 8 years barely evolving his character at all, so i'm not sure that's necessary.

"I've seen a million people die, it's up to us to stop the war."

Well count me as one of the guys who actually thinks that Daniel Bryan could be the #1 guy in the company.Ya he's probably never be in the Bruno,Hogan,Austin,Rock and Cena level but I could very easy see him on pair with Bret,HBK,Backlund...ect other guys that could carry and have carried the company for year.

It really time for someone new to take over the #1 babyface spot from John Cena,who's been the clear cut #1 guy in the company for 8 going on 9 years.Which in terms of all time is really only behind Bruno as being the longest term #1 face of the company.

Daniel Bryan should and could be the next guy,atleast the guy that gets you from the Cena era to who ever could be the next mega star in a few years.Daniel Bryan is still pretty young and is only in his early 30's,great in the ring,great on the mic,has a look unlike alot of others and stands out,great role model,lives a clean life style....ect a prefect guy also to be the face of you company with the hole "Be A Star" stuff.A little kid could look up to Bryan alot more then a muscle bound Cena.

Daniel Bryan's "Yes!" and "No!" chants will always be apart of him in some way. Just like Ric Flair's "Wooo!" or Stone Cold's "What?".
    Spoiler

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtyme View Post
    Daniel Bryan's "Yes!" and "No!" chants will always be apart of him in some way. Just like Ric Flair's "Wooo!" or Stone Cold's "What?".
    And I think they'll last long after he's gone, just like those chants did.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Banned

Am getting tired of this. Bryan will never be the next top guy. He may reach punks position. But that's it!

Bryan's YES! chant has been going for well over a year now so I'd say its safe to say that fans won't get tired of it for a while. I'm skeptical to think Bryan could reach Cena's position but anything can happen.

-Fresh Prince-
    Chief Ass Whooper of Sorry Sons of Bitches! - Stone Cold Steve Austin

Banned

DB is good but Orton is way better. Orton is the best full time wrestler going today behind HHH and Lesnar!

Orton is being way misused only because he had two strikes. I guess they don't believe RKO is a changed man!

There's no way he could be a top guy like Cena, who carries the company on their back. He simply doesn't have the look nor mic talent.

Now I can see him possibly being close to Punk (or that HBK, Hart, Angle level that was mentioned above)

Quote Originally Posted by spladle125 View Post
    DB is good but Orton is way better. Orton is the best full time wrestler going today behind HHH and Lesnar!

Orton is being way misused only because he had two strikes. I guess they don't believe RKO is a changed man!
    Why should they when his second strike was only last year?

Also, while we're on the subject of Bryan, I just found out a fun little fact.

Guess what the first word Daniel Bryan ever said in WWE was.

Spoiler

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Why should they when his second strike was only last year?

Also, while we're on the subject of Bryan, I just found out a fun little fact.

Guess what the first word Daniel Bryan ever said in WWE was.

Spoiler
    lol that's pretty cool. It might be a long shot but if Bryan was able to get even kids and women to boo Cena, that would open the door again for a Cena heel turn.
    Spoiler

Knows he isn't welcome

Man, look at Skip Sheffield in that video, it brings back memories...

Good memories, for me.
    That's all, folks.

Cool observation about Bryan's first word!

It's amusing watching Skip Sheffield in his goofy costume considering he's now Ryback.

Banned

Thats an insult to Bryan.

Bryan is already greater than Cena because he actually wrestle.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Cold 3:16 View Post

*sigh* This old bit just keeps crawling back up from the comment threads from youtube.

Speaking as one of the biggest Bryan fans on this forum, I can say that Cena's pretty good. Oy.

Can't we just enjoy Bryan's big win?
    I'll be honest, I'll probably chant CM Punk in Brooklyn again.

I'm a follower.

This will stay in my sig until John Cena vs. The Rock----THRICE AS NICE. Or until I don't think it's funny anymore.

Recent Shawn Michaels interview where he talks about talking to Vince about someone:

During a recent interview with the Ministry Of Slam wrestling radio show, Michaels noted a recent exchange between WWE head honcho, Vince McMahon and himself. Going further, “The Showstopper” talks his awareness of not having the typical frame of what is considered a main event talent in WWE.

“I had a conversation a couple of weeks ago with the man in charge”, Michaels stated, “and we were talking about a certain individual and he goes, ‘I just don’t see money in him.’ And I said, ‘You said the same thing about me.’ He said, ‘I did not.’ I said, ‘Yes you did!’ (laughs) I said, ‘And it’s okay. It’s just one of those things.’”

“I wasn’t your prototypical – heck, I wasn’t anybody’s prototypical main event guy, and I knew that. So, you just do your absolute best. Yes, I was very scared and very worried, which had a lot to do with how bad I handled stuff. I spent a great deal of my career waiting for the other shoe to drop, because it was a very real view of me and my ability and talent. I’m a firm believer that talent does rise to the top, but you have to be patient. So, I spent a great deal of time worried, intimidated, and concerned that with each passing storyline, it might be the last one.”

Read more: http://www.pwmania.com/shawn-michael...#ixzz2XPzL9fPY
    Gotta be Bryan that they were talking about, right? Outside chance it was Dolph but odds are it was Bryan.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Cold 3:16 View Post

I'm glad this ridiculous train of thought still exists after all these years.

Because the CM Punk matches and the tons of other great matches he's had over the years didn't prove that the guy can wrestle. Jeez.

Bender

Thread Information