Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ratings Thread.....June 22, 2013 and on

The night sky is slowly returning to somewhat normal

Default Ratings Thread.....June 22, 2013 and on

All talk about ratings goes in this thread

Sorry Bout Your Damn Luck

EWS....come efed at SCW here http://z15.invisionfree.com/FTWOWres...ex.php?act=idx
    My beautiful grand daughter (aka Munchkin) made me a grandmother September 6, 2012, and my son passed away June 10, 2013. May he RIP

tis not right in the head whocares's Avatar

Default Re: Ratings Thread.....June 22, 2013 and on

Alright, let's talk ratings.

First, a quick reminder of TNA's most recent rating.

From PWTorch... Don't head towards its light...

TNA Impact on Thursday, June 20 officially scored a 0.86 rating off a first hour 0.87 rating and second hour 0.86 rating.

All quarter-hours were below-average against the NBA Finals Game 7, ranging from a 0.82 to a 0.92. The peak rating and the low-point rating came within a 30-minute span in the first hour.
    Poop.

Now, it's time for the breakdown!

First Hour Break Down

Q1: Impact opened with a 0.82 rating, which was the lowest rating of the show. This was supposed to be avoided when TNA returned to the 9:00 p.m. EST timeslot, but the NBA competition skewed the rating this week.

The segment featured an amateurish skit kicking off the Bound for Glory Series with Hulk Hogan, Jeff Hardy, Bobby Roode, and a collection of interchangeable wrestlers in the ring. This was followed by one commercial.

Q2: Impact increased to a 0.90 rating for Mr. Anderson vs. Joseph Park, one commercial, and non-wrestling segment.

Q3: Impact scored a peak rating of a 0.92 for Austin Aries vs. Jay Bradley, one commercial, and Daniels vs. Hernandez.

Q4: Impact dropped one-tenth of a rating to a 0.83 rating for a segment that included two full commercial breaks and Magnus vs. Kazarian.

Second Hour Break Down

Q5: Impact did not get its top-of-the-hour bump, only scoring a 0.84 rating for Brooke Hogan's Knockouts Address, plus one commercial, then A.J. Styles walking to the ring. This was the lowest-rated "top of the second hour" rating of the year and lowest since Thanksgiving 2012.

Q6: Impact was essentially flat with a 0.85 rating for Styles calling out Samoa Joe, the first-half of their match, and one commercial.

Q7: Impact was essentially flat with a 0.84 rating for the second-half of Joe vs. Styles, one commercial, Hulk Hogan addressing muted X Division wrestlers backstage, main event ring introductions, and the first few minutes of Jeff Hardy vs. Bobby Roode.

Q8: Impact increased to a second-hour-high 0.91 rating for the end of Hardy vs. Roode, one mid-match commercial, and Sting bringing out his new Main Event Mafia member, Kurt Angle, to take out Bully Ray as Impact faded out.
    My thoughts:

Q1: Yeah, let's blame the NBA... 'Cause wrestling has never been able to pull in good numbers when up against sports... Oh, I just broke my sarcasm...

Q2: Joseph Park equals ratings! It must be the ribs.

Q3: Either Jay Bradley has a lot of boom in his stick... or Aries really is the greatest man ever... Suddenly I feel less manly...

Q4: I blame Chavo... Somehow this is all his fault...

Q5: Trend, where you at? Guess it just let Brooke Hogan take that bullet... Too bad it didn't kill her...

Q6: Joe... AJ... You're better than this. Man, I'm so disappointed in you two. They both must have tripped over bad booking during this match...

Q7: I don't remember Hulk Hogan addressing X-mutes... Is this real? Well, I guess I blame the X-mutes then... for allowing Hulk Hogan to speak so much...

Q8: I really want to give all the credit to Roo... But I think we all know it was because of the old guys... Meh.

Well, at least the numbers seem a bit consistent... that's gotta be worth something... Not sure if next week will get much of a bump. I mean, it's a taped show... and those ones don't seem to do quite as good as the live ones. Guess we'll see.

Laters.

For the benefit of those with flash photography... Ratings!

Taken from PWTorch... With my knee...

TNA Impact on Thursday, June 27 scored a 0.91 rating, slightly improving on a 0.86 rating last week.

Impact averaged 1.108 million viewers, slightly improving on an average of 1.083 million viewers last week against Game 7 of the NBA Finals featuring the Miami Heat.

Impact was opposed by the NBA Draft, which averaged three million viewers and was the most-watched Draft in ten years. This dates back to the loaded class of 2003, which, coincidentally, featured current Heat stars LeBron James, Dwayne Wade, and Chris Bosh.

Overall on cable TV Thursday night, Impact ranked #39 in overall viewers, a very distant #27 in males 18-34, and #21 among males 18-49.

The m18-34 rating was down one-tenth of a rating compared to last week, while Impact did not chart in adults 18-34. The key demos that improved from last week were m18-49, adults 18-49, and teen males.

- One year ago, Impact scored a 0.98 rating. The key demos from 2012 to 2013 are nearly identical when averaging out the slight differences across the board.
    And somehow they find a way to still blame the NBA... Despite the fact they just showed that the ratings were better last year... Stop giving TNA excuses! Jesus!

Breakdowns whenever. Be there!

Hey, why don't we try something different for a change? Like... Uhh... breaking down some ratings! Yay! Quiet, you!

From PWTorch... Yup...

First Hour Break Down

- Q1: Impact opened with a 0.91 rating for Sting & Kurt Angle in the ring, Aces & Eights backstage, and one commercial.

Peak viewership in males 18-49 was 402,000 viewers at 9:04 p.m. for Sting celebrating re-starting Main Event Mafia.

- Q2: Impact was flat with a 0.92 rating for the X Division three-way match, plus one mid-match commercial.

Peak viewership in m18-49 was 403,000 viewers at 9:17 p.m. for the X Title ring introductions. Peak viewership during the actual match was 384,000 viewers at 9:20 p.m. when the match cut to break. The finish got 350,000 viewers at 9:29 p.m.

- Q3: Impact increased slightly to a 0.95 rating for Hulk Hogan addressing the X Division/Suicide situation, one commercial, and a Gut Check match.

Peak viewership in m18-49 was 404,000 viewers at 9:42 and 9:43 p.m. for the end of Big O vs. Ryan Howe, then Sting & Angle walking backstage.

- Q4: Impact dipped to a show-low 0.87 rating for videos, backstage segments, set-up for the Knockouts Title match, and one-and-a-half commercials.

Despite being the lowest-rated segment of the first hour, peak viewership of the first hour was in Q4 - 431,000 viewers at 9:51 p.m. for Velvet Sky's ring introduction for the KO Title match.

Second Hour Break Down

- Q5: Impact increased to a show-high 0.98 rating for Mickie vs. Velvet for the KO Title, one commercial, and backstage segments.

Peak viewership in m18-49 was 460,000 viewers at 10:05 p.m. and 459,000 viewers at 10:06 p.m. for the finish of Mickie-Velvet. These were the two most-watched minutes of the entire show, and the entire match stayed above 400,000 viewers, which boosted the quarter-hour rating.

- Q6: Impact dipped to a 0.92 rating for Magnus vs. Bobby Roode, one commercial, and A&E backstage.

Peak viewership in m18-49 was 404,000 viewers at 10:16 p.m. for the start of Magnus vs. Roode. Viewers tuned out throughout the match before Impact rebounded to 364,000 viewers at 10:24 p.m. when Impact cut to break.

- Q7: Impact dipped to a second-hour-low 0.89 rating for the Storm & Gunner-Bro-Man's in-ring talking segment, one commercial, and the first-half of Samoa Joe vs. Mr. Anderson in the main event.

Peak viewership in m18-49 was 400,000 viewers at 10:32 p.m. for the start of Storm/Gunner-Bro-Man's. Viewership was steady right below 400,000 before Impact cut to break at 10:36 p.m.

- Q8: Impact increased to a 0.95 rating for the second-half of Joe-Angle and the show-closing angle revolving around Suicide/Austin Aries.

Peak viewership in m18-49 was 413,000 viewers at 10:47 p.m. for the end of Joe-Anderson. At the end of the show, Impact averaged 414,000 viewers at 10:57, 430,000 viewers at 10:58, and 418,000 viewers at 10:59 once Aries revealed himself as Suicide. This fell short of the Knockouts match at the top of the second hour.
    My thoughts:

Q1: People really do love them some nostalgia... Dummies.

Q2: So, X-ring entrances draw more than X-wrestling? Can somebody please hand me an X-gun so I can X-eat it...

Q3: Who knew the Big-O was so over? Why does that seem like a stupid thing to say?

Q4: I guess you can't blame dat ass. Huzzah!

Q5: The trend has returned! Thank you, trend.

Q6: Do people only like the wrestlers and not the wrestling? Wrestling fans are very strange fans indeed.

Q7: Proof that James Storm plus a microphone equals nothing good... They'd be better off giving Garrett and Briscoe more mic time...

Q8: See? If TNA put everybody behind masks the ratings would skyrocket! Skyrocket I tells ya!

Well, at least the ratings seem a bit more stable throughout the show. The only problem is their audience is not growing. How do you fix that? Hell if I know... Maybe nipples? No? Then I got nothing.

Bye.

Ratings.

-- The July 4th edition of TNA iMPACT! Wrestling scored a 0.78 (0.8) cable rating, with 1.05 million viewers. This is down from the previous week's 0.91 (0.9) rating and 1.11 million viewers.
    Holidays... Ain't they a bitch? That being said, TNA has done way better in past years... So, they're partly to blame too.

Breakdowns? It took this long for the actual rating to come out... sort of doubt we'll be getting breakdowns. Who knows?

Time to break down some ratings. Just for the hell of it.

From PWTorch... to your hands...

Quarter-by-Quarter Break Down

Figures cited are for the m18-49 demographic.

- Q1: Impact opened with a 0.56 rating with the peak viewership of the show for Hulk Hogan sorting out the X Division mess and booking the main event of Aries vs. Sabin vs. Manik for the X Division Title, plus one commercial.

- Q2: Impact dipped to a 0.43 rating for A.J. Styles vs. Kazarian (with Christopher Daniels), one commercial, and Mickie James's in-ring promo. In a split segment, Mickie's promo segment hurt the quarter-hour rating.

Styles-Kazarian averaged 312,000 viewers in the first-half of the segment, then Mickie's promo averaged 233,000 viewers in the second-half.

- Q3: Impact slipped to a 0.40 rating for Gut Check deliberations, one commercial, Jay Bradley vs. Hernandez, and Bully Ray backstage. No portion of Q3 made much noise. The peak was 304,000 viewers at 9:32 p.m. just before a commercial.

During this quarter-hour, Impact lost 33,000 viewers to "Pawn Stars" at 9;34 p.m. and 33,000 movies to a TNT movie at 9:39 p.m.

- Q4: Impact slipped to a show-low 0.38 rating for GunStorm vs. Bro-Mans and two full commercial breaks. The peak viewership was 309,000 viewers at 9:59 p.m. when Impact returned from commercial for the Main Event Mafia's segment at the top of the second hour.

- Q5: Impact jumped to a 0.52 rating for the Mafia's promos and introduction of Magnus as their newest member. Peak viewership was 422,000 viewers at 10:05 p.m. for Magnus's introduction before the audience fell off once the reveal was made.

Looking at the viewership flow within the segment, Impact gained 22,000 viewers from an FXM Prime Movie at 10:04 p.m. and 18,000 viewers from Macy's 4th of July Fireworks show at 10:05 p.m.

- Q6: Impact stayed at a 0.52 rating buoyed by a steady audience for Jeff Hardy in action against Joseph Park. Peak viewership was 401,000 viewers at 10:23 p.m. for the finish of the match.

A big contributor to the audience bump was 40,000 viewers from "Dog & Beth: On the Hunt" at 10:23 p.m. Other than the first minute of the show, this was the top contributor of the show.

When Impact cut to break after the match, Impact then lost 40,000 viewers to "Call of the Wildman" on Animal Planet.

- Q7: Impact stayed at a 0.52 rating for the Gut Check Evaluation, one commercial, and ring introductions for the TV main event. Peak viewership was 384,000 viewers at 10:44 p.m. for the minute just before the match started.

- Q8: Impact inched up to a 0.53 rating for the X Division Title three-way match. Peak viewership was 361,000 viewers for the conclusion of the match.
    My thoughts:

Q1: And the show starts off with a bang... A bang as powerful as a sparkler...

Q2: Mickie would have been better off just jumping off the ladder...

Q3: I guess Al Snow's pimp suit scared off the audience...

Q4: Maybe the viewers thought Storm was gonna cut another promo and prematurely decided to run for the hills? I don't blame them for being overly cautious around that drunk.

Q5: The trend strikes again! I'll just ignore the part about the ratings dropping after the Magnus reveal...

Q6: Consistency! Can't say much about that thing... It's consistent.

Q7: More consistency! Maybe people just accidentally left their TV's on when they went outside to see the fireworks? Who knows?

Q8: Any tiny growth for X-wrestling is a good thing. Huzzah!

You'd think the 1st hour would have been stronger than the 2nd. That seems a bit odd to me. Anyways, I guess TNA better hope everyone comes back for next week. Or else shit will be hitting fan.

Out! And out!

More ratings for you number marks.

Source: PWTorch... It lights your fire...

TNA Impact on Thursday, July 11 rebounded to a 0.99 rating. Last week, Impact drew a year-low 0.77 rating on the Fourth of July.

Impact averaged 1.19 million viewers compared to 1.05 million viewers on the holiday last week.

Putting the viewership in a broader comparison range, Impact has averaged 1.10 million viewers since returning to 9:00 pm. and averaged 1.17 million viewers since WrestleMania Season.

On cable TV Thursday night, Impact ranked #33 in overall viewers, a distant #24 among males 18-34, and #16 among males 18-49.

The m18-34 demographic actually decreased slightly compared to last week's holiday show, while the m18-49 demo jumped to a two-month high. TNA also got a ratings surge in the teen male demographic.
    And the quest to break passed the 1.0 mark continues... again! Will you ever win, TNA? Of course not.

Breakdowns coming soon to a theater near you!

Bye-Bye-Bye! Ain't no lie! Yeesh.

With those numbers, I am surprised that TNA is able to survive let alone being able to compete with WWE.

And now... ratings!

From PWTorch... Torchalicious...

The "Destination X" TNA Impact on Thursday, July 18 scored a 1.16 rating, up 17 percent from last week's rating.

It was the first Impact to top a 1.0 rating since June and the highest-rated Impact since January 24.

Impact averaged 1.494 million viewers, up 25 percent from last week's average. What would have been middle-of-the-road viewership last year was the most-watched Impact since January this year.

- On cable TV Thursday night, Impact ranked #30 in overall viewers, #18 in males 18-34, and #16 in males 18-49.

Impact was boosted by one-tenth of a ratings jump in adults 18-49, males 18-34, and adults 18-34. However, m18-49 & m12-34 were flat compared to last week.

- Impact appeared to be helped by its lead-in show, "Cops," which averaged 1.374 million viewers at 8:30 p.m. EST on Spike TV leading into Impact. Also, Cops was only slightly behind Impact in males 18-49.

Although outside of the key male demos, Cops outdrew Impact among women 18-34 by one-tenth of a ratings point, reflecting Impact drawing a male-heavy audience.
    They finally broke the 1.0 barrier... again! Was it the free PPV concept? Was it the Title change? Was it because of Cops? Who knows! Let's just see if TNA can maintain that momentum... I'm betting on 'No'.

Bye.

Time to break down some ratings just for the fuck of it. Here we go.

From PWTorch... It's internet wrestling hell...

First Hour Break Down

Q1: Impact opened with a first-hour-high 1.16 rating for the opening segment featuring Hulk Hogan, Bully Ray, and Brooke Hogan following the "Cops" lead-in. There was also one commercial.

Q2: After the Hogan segment, Impact dropped to a show-low 1.03 rating for the first-half of Austin Aries vs. Bobby Roode, plus one commercial.

Q3: Impact increased to a 1.14 rating for the finish of Roode-Aries, one commercial, and the first of three X Division qualifying matches. The match featured Petey Williams, Homicide, and Sonjay Dutt.

Q4: Impact tied with Q1 with a 1.16 rating for the second of two X Division matches and two full commercial breaks. The match featured Chavo Guerrero, Kenny King, and Manik.

Second Hour Break Down

Q5: Impact jumped to a 1.23 rating for Main Event Mafia-Aces & Eights confrontation, one commercial, and the first portion of the third X Division match. This match featured the former Trent Barreta, Rubix, and Rockstar Spud.

Q6: Impact declined to a second-hour-low 1.18 rating for the finish of the X Division match, one commercial, and Mickie James-Gail Kim in the ring.

Q7: Impact increased to a then-show-high 1.25 rating for main event ring introductions, the first portion of Bully Ray vs. Chris Sabin for the TNA Title, and one commercial.

Q8: Impact increased to an overall show-high 1.31 rating for the conclusion of Bully vs. Sabin, plus one commercial.
    Me thoughts:

Q1: I guess the Cops audience really isn't into boring drama involving the Hogan's... Few are.

Q2: I still blame the Hogan's... They literally killed the audience with boring...

Q3: Oldschool TNA equals ratings! Booyah!

Q4: This night was all win for the X-Division. Just imagine how much more ratings they would have gotten had they busted out the 6-sided ring. Oh well.

Q5: Trend! And it's stronger than ever.

Q6: Why am I not surprised that a promo with Mickie James and Gail Kim lost ratings...?

Q7: I think the spoilers for the show came out around this time...

Q8: So, I'm gonna go ahead and say people tuned in because they wanted to see the Title change.

That first hour doesn't look as good as the 2nd... Anyways, it's a good rating for one show... but something tells me that next week won't be as good. I could be wrong though... You never know.

Done.

Ratings related news here:

Source: Pwinsider.com

-- Several top executives at Spike TV were at last week's iMPACT! taping and were said to be very happy about TNA's ratings as they currently stand because they help the network's overall primetime average. The company was particularly happy with the quarter hour rating for Sabin vs. Bully Ray on Impact, reasoning that Bully Ray is working well as a heel and Sabin's story is connecting with viewers.
    I think they'll soon find out that isn't the reason why Bully/Sabin pulled in the rating it did... Man, I really hope next week's ratings prove my theory...

Anyways, I guess TNA doesn't have to worry about anything on the Spike TV front. All they gotta concern themselves with is their financial situation.

I feel like PPV buyrates should go in here... So...

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

-- The TNA Slammiversary PPV did around 15,500 buys. This is down approximately 7% from last year's event and considered a disappointment due to the fact that TNA cut their live PPV schedule from 12 down to 4.
    I guess cutting back on PPV's wasn't exactly a great idea... Although, if I remember correctly, the card for Slammiversary wasn't exactly all that strong... Eh...

#IndependenceDayIsWar Franchise's Avatar

So 15,500 buys is what? About $500,000? Fuck me, how can they pay the top stars big money?!

Wrestling Pay-Per-View is a dying model. PPV Ratings, Numbers (across the board) are all down..

So where are companies making their money these days?

TELEVISION! (with their "MILLIONS OF DOLLARS, MILLIONS OF DOLLARS!!")

Seriously can you please try and explain to me why Television Ratings matter to you?? Because you know what, I couldn't give two fucks about TV ratings.

1) I am from the United Kingdom so American TV Ratings means "Hee-Haw" to me as they say here.

2) Just remember, TNA is aired in over 120 countries. What do you have to say about TNA beating WWE in the UK Ratings every week? What about ratings in Sweden? Australia? India? Switzerland? Indonesia? or where-ever you want to say?

3) I AM A FUCKING FAN! I WATCH IMPACT WRESTLING TO BE ENTERTAINED! I DO NOT WATCH TNA (as you will do) TO THINK OMG SHIT RATINGS LOLLZZZZ!!!! TV ratings should only be worthwhile to A) The Company. B) The TV Networks. And C) The Sponsors. Fans should NOT give a fuck about ratings. End of.

But hey.. at the end of the day "who cares", you're not even a fan anyway.

I was just gonna ignore this... But... I'm much too stubborn...

Quote Originally Posted by Franchise View Post
    So 15,500 buys is what? About $500,000? Fuck me, how can they pay the top stars big money?!
    Was that supposed to be sarcasm? I can't tell. If it was, need I remind you that it costs the company a little over $500,000 just to hold an event. Do the math.

Wrestling Pay-Per-View is a dying model. PPV Ratings, Numbers (across the board) are all down..
    Yet Wrestlemania still draws over a million buys. And I doubt hundreds of thousands of PPV buys are nothing to scoff at either for lesser WWE PPV's.

So where are companies making their money these days?

TELEVISION! (with their "MILLIONS OF DOLLARS, MILLIONS OF DOLLARS!!")
    I'm pretty sure a lot of the money comes from a combination of everything including merch and ticket sales. And TNA doesn't do all that great on those two fronts either.

Seriously can you please try and explain to me why Television Ratings matter to you?? Because you know what, I couldn't give two fucks about TV ratings.
    They don't matter to me. They're just an interesting thing to me. Especially since TNA lives and dies by the ratings... You do know weak ratings mean they could go bye-bye, right?

1) I am from the United Kingdom so American TV Ratings means "Hee-Haw" to me as they say here.
    Yet you're angry enough about me analyzing them to go on a rant here.

2) Just remember, TNA is aired in over 120 countries. What do you have to say about TNA beating WWE in the UK Ratings every week? What about ratings in Sweden? Australia? India? Switzerland? Indonesia? or where-ever you want to say?
    There are a lot of but's when it comes to TNA's ratings success outside of the US. Not to mention that I've heard they've been having some issues with their TV deals abroad. Besides, it's a US based company... So their success here is more important for what should be fairly obvious reasons. This is their market... we're their local consumers.

3) I AM A FUCKING FAN! I WATCH IMPACT WRESTLING TO BE ENTERTAINED! I DO NOT WATCH TNA (as you will do) TO THINK OMG SHIT RATINGS LOLLZZZZ!!!! TV ratings should only be worthwhile to A) The Company. B) The TV Networks. And C) The Sponsors. Fans should NOT give a fuck about ratings. End of.
    If you care about the company's continued existence... you should at least give a tiny little fuck about the ratings. Especially once they start hitting dangerously low levels.

But hey.. at the end of the day "who cares", you're not even a fan anyway.
    Why? Because I dare to criticize the product? I don't have to be blind to be a fan. Come on.

Anyways, let's get to the ratings, bitches.

Source: PWTorch... The fire of my light... whatever the hell that means...

TNA Impact on Thursday, July 25 scored a 1.05 rating, down from a 1.16 rating for the "Destination X" Impact last week.

Impact averaged 1.314 million viewers, down 12 percent from an average of 1.494 million viewers last week. Last week's show was the most-watched episode since January.

Putting the numbers in perspective, this week's Impact was the second-most-watched since returning to the 9:00 p.m. EST timeslot on May 30. But, last year's Impact this week on July 26, 2012 averaged 1.578 million viewers (a 16 percent drop-off this year).

- On cable TV Thursday night, Impact ranked #33 in overall viewers, #29 in males 18-34, and #20 in males 18-49. Impact was topped by its lead-in show, "Cops," which averaged 1.324 million viewers in its brief half-hour window.

In the key male demos, Impact dropped nearly two-tenths of a rating compared to last week's show, returning to levels in June when the show struggled following the timeslot change. It appears that this week's Impact was propped up by viewers outside of the key audience of males 18-49.
    And we're back down... Guess that proves the Title change is what drew people into Destination X(Although, the Free-For-View thing probably helped too)... I hope TNA feels the 1.2 bump for one week was worth fuckin' up a bunch of their long term storylines... Idiots...

Breakdowns coming soon! If anybody cares...

Laters.

Tna has 1-2 more years and it's gone.

Just to throw my 2 cents in, I can't speak for places like Switzerland and Indonesia but I do know for a fact that TNA lost its TV deal with one of the best pay-channels out here in Australia in FOX8 and got relegated to the much lesser Fuel TV. A channel that if there's a surfing event on Saturday night local time, Impact goes bye bye without a moments hesistation.

Credit to DC for the hometown hero trophy

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am then love me for something i'm not
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I'm still good. The usual "EVERYTHING IS AWFUL" crowd is typically unsatisfied.
    Winner of WWE Hometown Heroes at PW Mania X

Alright, time to break down some ratings. Yahoo!

Source: PWTorch... It burns...

First Hour Break Down

- Q1: Impact opened with a 1.11 overall rating for Main Event Mafia congratulating Chris Sabin on becoming TNA World champion, Bully confronting Sabin to set up the legal angle to be played out throughout the show, and one commercial. (show-high 0.61 rating in m18-49)

At the point of the commercial at 9:10/9:11 p.m., 21 percent of the m18-49 audience left Impact for another show. The top recipients were TNT's weekly movie (34,000 viewers) and National Geographic Channel (32,000 viewers). About 16 percent of the audience was refilled (people tuning in, new viewers flipping over, or returning viewers) when Impact returned from break.

- Q2: Impact declined to a 1.03 overall rating for the first portion of the X Division Title match, one commercial, and build-up to the finish. (0.58 rating in m18-49)

- Q3: Impact increased to a 1.06 overall rating for the ending of the X Division Title match, one commercial, and Mr. Anderson vs. Hernandez. (0.60 rating in m18-49)

The segment was boosted by the ending to the X Division match, which went from 342,000 m18-49 viewers at 9:29 p.m. to 415,000 viewers at 9:30 p.m. to 454,000 viewers at 9:31 p.m. to 473,000 viewers at 9:32 p.m. for the ending of the match. This was the peak of the show in the m18-49 demo.

- Q4: Impact declined to a 1.01 overall rating for a segment that contained two full commercial breaks and backstage vignettes. (drop-off to a 0.50 rating in m18-49)

Second Hour Break Down

- Q5: Impact got its top-of-the-second-hour bump to a show-high 1.17 overall rating for the Knockouts Title match and one commercial. (only slight increase to a 0.51 rating in m18-49)

It appears Impact drew in a more general audience with the KO Title match, as there was not a significant bump in the m18-49 demographic in Q5. The top sources were 14,000 viewers from Fox at the top of the hour and 16,000 viewers from Adult Swim & Fox News at 10:06.

- Q6: Impact began its decline by dropping to a 1.04 overall rating for Samoa Joe vs. Christopher Daniels, one mid-match commercial, and the finish of the match. (drop-off to a 0.44 rating in m18-49)

- Q7: Impact dropped to a show-low 0.96 overall rating for A.J. Styles vs. Jeff Hardy, one commercial, and the end of the match spilling over into the first minute of Q8. (decline to a show-low 0.42 rating in m18-49)

- Q8: Impact rebounded slightly to a 1.01 overall rating for the show-closing angle involving new TNA champion Chris Sabin, Bully Ray, and Hulk Hogan making a decision about the TNA Title that followed the final commercial. (rebound to a 0.49 rating in m18-49)

The segment struggled coming out of the final commercial break before reaching 369,000 m18-49 viewers at 10:56 p.m., 378,000 viewers at 10:57 p.m., 401,000 viewers at 10:58 p.m., and 418,000 viewers at 10:59 to see what happened at the end of Impact.

- Top Outflows during Impact: Animal Planet drew the most m18-49 viewers away from Impact during the two-hour broadcast (133,000 viewers) followed by Disney XD, FX, Syfy, and Tru TV. Animal Planet was a factor mainly during the second hour, which is when TNA wrestler Eric Young's "Off the Hook" show airs.
    My thoughts:

Q1: First TNA with the new Champ... You just gotta be there.

Q2: Wow. Ultimate X should be a damn draw. If a giant metal structure doesn't convince people to stick around... then you must be doing something wrong. I blame Suicimanik.

Q3: Oh, I guess you have to put people on top of the Ultimate X structure to make it draw. Damn blood thirsty fans.

Q4: Is this where Dixie popped up? 'Cause that would totally explain the drop.

Q5: Trend, trend, trend... Trend!

Q6: That's kind of disappointing. Samoa Joe and Daniels deserve better than this. Screw you, people watching TV!

Q7: This probably shouldn't happen for an AJ/Hardy match... Did TNA break these two guys? What the hell happened?

Q8: I guess barely anybody cared about the fate of Sabin's Title run... I wonder why? It's almost like TNA didn't build him up to be the Champ or something...

Well, at least they managed to maintain a 1.0 for a majority of the show... That's something. Hopefully things go up next week... Or else they'll have to speed up getting the Title back on Bully...

Done.

Wow, the KO match was a draw? That tells you women wrestling can definitely be taking to new heights and be a great draw for tickets.

It's August 2nd... Time for the mystery ratings!

Source: PWTorch... The 'PW' stands for Petey Williams... Why he has a torch? I have no idea...

TNA Impact on Thursday, August 1 scored a 1.03 rating, down slightly from a 1.05 rating last week.

TNA attempted an "August 1 Warning" social media blitz from Friday of last week up until Impact on Thursday, but Impact declined five percent in viewership.

Impact averaged 1.246 million viewers, compared to an average of 1.314 million viewers last week.

Impact has steadily declined since drawing a 1.18 rating and 1.494 million viewers for the "Destination X" Impact two weeks ago. But, Impact has remained above a 1.0 rating for three consecutive weeks for the first time since the end of March to the beginning of April.

- On cable TV Thursday night, Impact ranked #40 in overall viewers, #21 in males 18-34, and #20 in males 18-49.

Impact's m18-34 rating jumped nearly two-tenths of a rating (but was still below the Destination X rating), while the older demographic of males 18-49 showed slight improvement from last week.

The other demos increased slightly, which means the overall rating likely declined because of a drop in the audience outside of the 18-49 range.

- One year ago this week, Impact scored a 1.01 rating and the demo ratings were virtually the same as this week's episode. The only significant difference is Impact scored a better rating among younger viewers last year compared to this week.
    I guess this means hyping something only on the internet does dick for something on TV... The power of the internet does not impress me... Except when it comes to porn...

Breakdowns soon, I hope. I really want to see how Mr. August 1st drew.

Later gator.

Quote Originally Posted by whocares View Post
    It's August 2nd... Time for the mystery ratings!

I guess this means hyping something only on the internet does dick for something on TV... The power of the internet does not impress me... Except when it comes to porn...

Breakdowns soon, I hope. I really want to see how Mr. August 1st drew.

Later gator.
    You got to wait till the next few weeks to see if Ortiz has an effect on the ratings.
    DVD Clearout: Raw, Smackdown, Nitro, Thunder, ECW TV, TNA Impact. MUST GO. PM me for details

Quote Originally Posted by Heartbreak Kid View Post
    You got to wait till the next few weeks to see if Ortiz has an effect on the ratings.
    True... But we can at least see if the whole mystery man angle helped draw in viewers as the show progressed.

Quote Originally Posted by ProWrestling.Net
    In all seriousness, how bad has it gotten when TNA scores the same rating of adults 18-49 as a Minnie Mouse cartoon on Disney?

TNA really need to do something and I don't think Spike using them to promote Bellator is the answer. They should go back to what brought them to the dance, what made them a true alternative. I really wish CHIKARA would come back and get a good TV deal, because they may be our only hope.
    Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig and av.

BREAKING NEWS: TNA extends contract offer to Minnie Mouse. TNA wanted Micky as part of a package deal, but his price was too high. WWE is looking to bring him in to act as a foil for Sin Cara.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss HHH View Post

TNA really need to do something and I don't think Spike using them to promote Bellator is the answer. They should go back to what brought them to the dance, what made them a true alternative. I really wish CHIKARA would come back and get a good TV deal, because they may be our only hope.
    Nonsense. Heartbreak Kid says Tito is going to be the next big thing that blasts ratings through the roof, culminating in an incredible match between he and Rampage IN A CAGE with the real wrestlers outside the ring. Amazing.

In the real world, this is obviously ridiculous... but nonetheless it's nice to float around in the world Dixie and Hulk live in for some time.

"I've seen a million people die, it's up to us to stop the war."

Quote Originally Posted by BARCELONA View Post
    Nonsense. Heartbreak Kid says Tito is going to be the next big thing that blasts ratings through the roof, culminating in an incredible match between he and Rampage IN A CAGE with the real wrestlers outside the ring. Amazing.

In the real world, this is obviously ridiculous... but nonetheless it's nice to float around in the world Dixie and Hulk live in for some time.
    You can't blame last nights rating on Tito since it wasn't advertised. Lets wait and see how the ratings pan out over the next two or three weeks and see if they rise or not from last nights show.

Bottom line is that people are now talking about TNA. We will see how that translates to ratings.
    DVD Clearout: Raw, Smackdown, Nitro, Thunder, ECW TV, TNA Impact. MUST GO. PM me for details

Thread Information