Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your WWE Mid-Year Awards.

Default Your WWE Mid-Year Awards.

Hi everyone, I did a similar thread this time last year and it seemed to get some interest so I thought I would try it again. June marks the mid point of 2013, let us know how you would award the following based on everything that has happened in the WWE from January 1 2013 to today.

WWE Superstar you want to see more of and/or get a bigger push in 2013:
    Superstar you would like to see less of in 2013:
    Commentator of the Year:
    Your favourite promo so far this year:
    Diva of the year:
    Tag Team of the Year:
    Best WWE TV show:
    PPV of the year:
    Match of the year:
    Your favourite thing about the WWE so far this year: (This can be anything, a match, a moment, a superstar, whatever):
    What you disliked most about WWE so far this year: (Again, this can be anything):
    WWE Superstar of the Year:

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

Default Re: Your WWE Mid-Year Awards.

WWE Superstar you want to see more of and/or get a bigger push in 2013: Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow as singles competitors

Superstar you would like to see less of in 2013: Jack Swagger( go away). Sheamus, Cena, and Orton all need their characters reworked

Commentator of the Year: Since I really only watch Raw, JBL. Cole and Lawler both suck

Your favourite promo so far this year:Mark Henry. This should be unanimous

Diva of the year: AJ

Tag Team of the Year:Hell No

Best WWE TV show:Raw

PPV of the year:Payback

Match of the year:Punk/Cena on Raw

Your favourite thing about the WWE so far this year: They are heading in the right direction with bringing in the proper new talent.

What you disliked most about WWE so far this year: (Again, this can be anything):Cena/Rock. I hated it all. Wish it never happened. Keep Rock out of the title picture and main eventing WM

WWE Superstar of the Year:Daniel Bryan

I am not threatened by any man whose name is three letters.

- Damien Sandow
    in response to RVD's return

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmania View Post
    Hi everyone, I did a similar thread this time last year and it seemed to get some interest so I thought I would try it again. June marks the mid point of 2013, let us know how you would award the following based on everything that has happened in the WWE from January 1 2013 to today.

WWE Superstar you want to see more of and/or get a bigger push in 2013:
    Superstar you would like to see less of in 2013:
    Commentator of the Year:
    Your favourite promo so far this year:
    Diva of the year:
    Tag Team of the Year:
    Best WWE TV show:
    PPV of the year:
    Match of the year:
    Your favourite thing about the WWE so far this year: (This can be anything, a match, a moment, a superstar, whatever):
    What you disliked most about WWE so far this year: (Again, this can be anything):
    WWE Superstar of the Year:
    Daniel Bryan

Sheamus

Michael Cole

Rock/Cena March 25

AJ Lee

Hell No

Raw

WrestleMania 29

CM Punk vs John Cena

Cena getting his redemption

Paul Bearer storyline

Daniel Bryan

WWE Superstar you want to see more of and/or get a bigger push in 2013: Antonio cesaro
    Superstar you would like to see less of in 2013: Del Rio
    Commentator of the Year: JBL
    Your favourite promo so far this year: Mark Henry retirement speech
    Diva of the year: Aj lee
    Tag Team of the Year: Team hell no
    Best WWE TV show: RAW
    PPV of the year: WM29
    Match of the year: Punk Vs Cena(RAW)
    Your favourite thing about the WWE so far this year: The shield dominating everyone
    What you disliked most about WWE so far this year: Same old shit cena
    WWE Superstar of the Year: Daniel Bryan.

WWE Superstar you want to see more of and/or get a bigger push in 2013: Big E Langston
    Superstar you would like to see less of in 2013: Jack Swagger
    Your favourite promo so far this year: Mark Henry although it could be prisoner of the moment.
    Diva of the year: AJ Lee
    Tag Team of the Year: Any variation of The Shield
    Best WWE TV show: Monday Night RAW
    PPV of the year: Wrestlemania 29
    Match of the year: CM Punk vs John Cena
    Your favourite thing about the WWE so far this year: (This can be anything, a match, a moment, a superstar, whatever): Daniel Bryan's ascension to the top
    What you disliked most about WWE so far this year: (Again, this can be anything): Jack Swagger and anything involving any push he's received
    WWE Superstar of the Year: Daniel Bryan
    -Bender-

2013 Sports Empire Most Valuable Poster
    2012 & 2013 Gridiron Poster of the Year

WWE Superstar you want to see more of and/or get a bigger push in 2013:Cody Rhodes

Superstar you would like to see less of in 2013:John Cena

Commentator of the Year:Josh Matthews

Your favourite promo so far this year:Mark Henry's "Retirement"

Diva of the year:AJ Lee

Tag Team of the Year:The Shield

Best WWE TV show:RAW

PPV of the year:Wrestlemania 29

Match of the year:CM Punk .Vs The Undertaker-Wrestlemania 29

Your favourite thing about the WWE so far this year: (This can be anything, a match, a moment, a superstar, whatever):Pushes for younger fresh faced stars like The Shield,Fandango and Curtis Axel.

What you disliked most about WWE so far this year: (Again, this can be anything):Commentary from JBL,Cole,King...ect

WWE Superstar of the Year:CM Punk

Superstar you would like to see less of in 2013: John Cena.

Commentator of the Year: Josh Matthews.

Your favourite promo so far this year:Mark Henry's fake retirement.

Diva of the year: AJ.

Tag Team of the Year: Team Hell No.

Best WWE TV show: NXT.

PPV of the year: Don't have a favorite, sadly.

Match of the year: CM Punk versus The Undertaker- Wrestlemania 29

Your favourite thing about the WWE so far this year: (This can be anything, a match, a moment, a superstar, whatever): Daniel Bryan having his best WWE year yet.

What you disliked most about WWE so far this year: (Again, this can be anything): Shitty face characters like Sheamus.

WWE Superstar of the Year: Daniel Bryan.

HAYZE

WWE Superstar you want to see more of and/or get a bigger push in 2013: Antonio Cesaro

Superstar you would like to see less of in 2013: Sheamus, I've finally joined the "fuck Sheamus" bandwagon

Your favourite promo so far this year: Mark Henry's retirement

Tag Team of the Year: The Shield

PPV of the year: Payback, but that isn't saying much.

Match of the year: Undertaker vs. Punk, Wrestlemania. Lot of good ones on TV this year too.

Your favourite thing about the WWE so far this year: Match quality on a week to week basis, right guys are getting pushed too for the most part. The potential

What you disliked most about WWE so far this year: (Again, this can be anything):Pushing of the App.

WWE Superstar you want to see more of and/or get a bigger push in 2013: Justin Gabriel

Superstar you would like to see less of in 2013: Sheamus

Your favourite promo so far this year: I have to say the Rock/Cena debate. There's no debating how awesome Henry was but it's all so fresh in our minds, I think Untouchable hit the nail on the head with his assessment.

Tag Team of the Year: Rollins and Reigns

Best WWE TV show: NXT

PPV of the year: Nothing really sticks out and I don't feel like saying WM simply because it was WM

Match of the year: Punk vs Cena but Bryans matches with Shield are a very close second

Your favourite thing about the WWE so far this year: (This can be anything, a match, a moment, a superstar, whatever): Ziggler cashing in MITB

What you disliked most about WWE so far this year: (Again, this can be anything): ZEB COLTER

WWE Superstar of the Year: Bryan

Credit to DC for the hometown hero trophy

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am then love me for something i'm not
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRed View Post
    Why don't you all just venture to Ohio and we can have one big, incestuous orgy.
    Winner of WWE Hometown Heroes at PW Mania X

WWE Superstar you want to see more of and/or get a bigger push in 2013: Antonio Cesaro - Push him to the World Heavyweight Championship scene. He's been one of the best wrestlers all year.

Superstar you would like to see less of in 2013: Ryback. He's been beaten so many times that he needs to take a step back and re-tool his character and it's direction.

Commentator of the Year: JBL.

Your favourite promo so far this year: CM Punk/The Rock encounter. So much build and boy did it deliver. This was the high point of the career, better than any match they could have had. Two of the best speakers of all time, going toe to toe battling for the honour of the fans. As Booker T would say, you gotta love it!

Diva of the year: AJ Lee, I don't know which division has been treated worse, the divas division or the tag division but either way it's a big slight on the WWE's current direction. Regardless, AJ continues to be one of the most comepelling diva in years and if her fabulous performance at Payback is anything to go by she could lead a revitilisation and follow in the steps of her idol, Lita.

Tag Team of the Year: Team Hell No, largely because they've had a head-start on their best adversaries, The Shield. Tag division isn't where it should be.

Best WWE TV show: Main Event. Consistently delivers good to great matches each week. A shame that the commentary team is made up with that schmuck The Miz.

PPV of the year: WWE Payback. Ridiculous main event aside, it was a well balanced show that took the WWE down a new path.

Match of the year: CM Punk vs. The Undertaker. I've been fairly underwhelmed by the number of true great matches and despite this being one of Taker's weaker Mania matches in sometime, it was still fantastic with some great story telling elements that most matches just don't have. Punk did a great job working around Taker's limitations & in turn Taker brought it in other departments.

Your favourite thing about the WWE so far this year: The Shield. Finally the babyfaces are up against a real threat and even better the threat is made up of a well balanced pack of performance who can truly perform with the best of them. I really want them to develop these characters more. It's difficult, because apart of their allure is the mystery but I'd like to see how they perform without the benefit of working with one of the best in the world in Daniel Bryan.

What you disliked most about WWE so far this year: The meandering. Seems like a lot of guys are sitting on their hands doing nothing and as a result the promotion feels stagnant. They need to pump more interest into their US, IC, Diva & Tag division scene while building those characters up with fresh angles and storylines.

WWE Superstar of the Year: Daniel Bryan. He's been the complete package and appears to be on the cusp of truly become a main event level talent.

Honorable Mentions - Antonio Cesaro, Chris Jericho, CM Punk & The Shield.
    Pimpin' Ain't Easy

WWE Superstar you want to see more of and/or get a bigger push in 2013: Cody Rhodes

Superstar you would like to see less of in 2013: Sheamus

Commentator of the Year: Cody Rhodes - Yes, he has only commentated on 1 episode of Main Event. However, he was far better on that one episode than any other commentator this year, so he gets my vote.

Your favourite promo so far this year:Mark Henry's "retirement speech"

Tag Team of the Year: The Shield

PPV of the year: Payback

Match of the year: Tie - CM Punk vs. Undertaker - WM 29 & CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho - Payback

Your favourite thing about the WWE so far this year: (This can be anything, a match, a moment, a superstar, whatever): Everything with Daniel Bryan since Extreme Rules

What you disliked most about WWE so far this year: (Again, this can be anything): The way they are using Cody Rhodes. I hate how all they have him do is lose all the damn time. It is really pissing me off.

WWE Superstar of the Year: Tie - Daniel Bryan & CM Punk

surrender

WWE Superstar you want to see more of and/or get a bigger push in 2013: Antonio Cesaro and Big E. Langston

Superstar you would like to see less of in 2013: Alberto Del Rio / Sheamus

Your favourite promo so far this year: Mark Henry's Retirement

Diva of the year: AJ by default. Until recently, she hasn't done anything.

Tag Team of the Year: Team Hell No

Best WWE TV show: NXT

Match of the year: Big Show v. Alberto Del Rio - Last Man Standing

Your favourite thing about the WWE so far this year: (This can be anything, a match, a moment, a superstar, whatever): The rise of the American Dragon

What you disliked most about WWE so far this year: (Again, this can be anything): Cena and the WWE App.

WWE Superstar you want to see more of and/or get a bigger push in 2013: DOLPH ZIGGLER

Superstar you would like to see less of in 2013: ALBERTO DEL RIO

Your favourite promo so far this year: MARK HENRY'S RETIREMENT

Diva of the year: AJ LEE

Tag Team of the Year: SETH ROLLINS & ROMAN REIGNS / THE SHIELD AS A WHOLE

Best WWE TV show: MONDAY NIGHT RAW

PPV of the year: PAYBACK

Match of the year: KANE, BRYAN, UNDERTAKER vs. THE SHIELD

Your favourite thing about the WWE so far this year: (This can be anything, a match, a moment, a superstar, whatever): THE YOUTH MOVEMENT

What you disliked most about WWE so far this year: (Again, this can be anything): NO CENA OR PUNK ON SMACKDOWN DESPITE NO MORE BRAND EXTENSION

WWE Superstar of the Year: DANIEL BRYAN

Boo-tista? How about Daniel Boo-ryan!

WWE Superstar you want to see more of and/or get a bigger push in 2013: Antonio Cesaro & Cody Rhodes

Superstar you would like to see less of in 2013: Alberto Del Rio

Your favourite promo so far this year: Mark Henry's fake retirement

Best WWE TV show: Monday Night Raw

Match of the year: Team Hell No & The Undertaker vs The Shield on Raw

Your favourite thing about the WWE so far this year: (This can be anything, a match, a moment, a superstar, whatever): Daniel Bryan, The Shield, John Cena, AJ Lee, & Dolph Ziggler

What you disliked most about WWE so far this year: (Again, this can be anything): Promotion for the WWE App

Credit for the awesome artwork goes to JV, thanks dude!

RIP Warrior

I can't say I'm surprised at the number of Del Rio answers, but Sheamus has definitely been worse for me this year.

Short as it was, I thought Del Rio's face run was pretty good, and while I'll likely get tired of him as a heel again soon, I think he's been pulling it off well so far.

Sheamus is now just one of the worst babyface characters I've ever seen. His character is basically being a sore loser who somehow gets cheered for it.
    Last edited by The Champ; 06-23-2013 at 12:41 AM.

Yeah. I'd really love someone on this forum to tell me how Sheamus is a babyface.

Sheamus is still one of the best workers they've got and didn't revert his character to pander to the audience.

I blame creative for their inability to make genuine babyfaces.
    Pimpin' Ain't Easy

Because he makes bad jokes?

I like Sheamus as a wrestler too much to hate on him. Yes he's annoying but that's because they haven't had a good strong heel for him to work with thus they make him goofy to compensate and give him something to do.

They need to build towards either a Lesnar-Sheamus match at WMXXX if he stays babyface, or a Punk-Sheamus feud, maybe over the WWE Title if he turns heel.

Boo-tista? How about Daniel Boo-ryan!

Wrestling God #2 ProWrestlingFan's Avatar

WWE Superstar you want to see more of and/or get a bigger push in 2013: Kane
    Superstar you would like to see less of in 2013: The Rock -_-
    Your favourite promo so far this year: Mark Henry's "retirement" speech
    Match of the year: CM Punk vs. The Undertaker
    Your favourite thing about the WWE so far this year: (This can be anything, a match, a moment, a superstar, whatever): When Curtis Axel won the Intercontiental Championship!
    What you disliked most about WWE so far this year: (Again, this can be anything): When Dwayne won the WWE title
    WWE Superstar of the Year: CM Punk
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rock
    The Rock is back, and he is never leaving again! *leaves*

Banned

WWE Superstar you want to see more of and/or get a bigger push in 2013: Daniel Bryan

Superstar you would like to see less of in 2013: Sin Cara

Your favourite promo so far this year: Cena's verbal assault on Ryback before Payback

PPV of the year:

Match of the year: N/A

WWE Superstar of the Year
    :

Daniel Bryan.

WWE Superstar you want to see more of and/or get a bigger push in 2013: Cody F'n Rhodes
    Superstar you would like to see less of in 2013: Swagger or Ryback
    Your favourite promo so far this year: Punk owning Rock on their first segment together before Royal Rumble
    PPV of the year: Elimination Chamber
    Match of the year: CM Punk vs. The Undertaker (because I saw it live)
    Your favourite thing about the WWE so far this year: (This can be anything, a match, a moment, a superstar, whatever): Pushing The Shield to not be a flop like they did with The Nexus
    What you disliked most about WWE so far this year: (Again, this can be anything): Forcing Ryback and Curtis Axel to the fans
    WWE Superstar of the Year: Daniel Bryan and Dolph Ziggler
    BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD
    Tyler Breeze will freeze your feed
    Cena fan for LIFE

WWE Superstar you want to see more of and/or get a bigger push in 2013: Dolph Ziggler (More so) and Cody Rhodes

Your favourite promo so far this year: Mark Henry's fake retirement

Best WWE TV show: World Wrestling Entertainment presents Monday Night Raw Is War!!!!!!!!!!!

Match of the year: Punk-Jericho

Your favourite thing about the WWE so far this year: Ziggler winning the title

What you disliked most about WWE so far this year: Ziggler losing the title

Currently Playing - South Park: The Stick of Truth and Resident Evil 4: Ultimate HD Edition

WWE Superstar you want to see more of and/or get a bigger push in 2013: Damien Sandow
    Your favorite promo so far this year: Gotta go with Mark Henry because it's so freshly awesome in the mind but I'm sure I'm forgetting some awesome CM Punk mic work along with stuff from The Shield.
    Tag Team of the Year: Team Hell No/Faction: The Shield
    Best WWE TV show: Raw
    Match of the year: John Cena vs CM Punk on RAW...PILEDRIVER!
    Your favourite thing about the WWE so far this year: (This can be anything, a match, a moment, a superstar, whatever): Dolph Ziggler's cash-in & Axel winning and holding the IC title up while looking to the heavens on Father's Day.
    What you disliked most about WWE so far this year: (Again, this can be anything): The Rock and most of the WWE booking decisions.

WWE Superstar you want to see more of and/or get a bigger push in 2013: Antonio Cesaro
    - It looked as if he was going in the right direction as the US Champion, but the stop-start booking that the WWE has been renowned for, for a while now come to bite him in the ass. I know it's only been a week with Zeb Colter, but I find it terrible. Hoping the angle proves me wrong and it pushes Cesaro to the top of the card, I very much doubt it though.

Superstar you would like to see less of in 2013: Jack Swagger.
    -The guy has been boring, and it looks as if with Colton being placed with Cesaro my wish looks as if it will come true.

If I'm honest, I haven't been that impressed with any of the commentators this year. I used to really enjoy JBL, but at the minute he's sort of getting on my nerves at times also. But, when competing with the guys he's competing with for commentator of the year, he still wins out fairly comfortable.

Your favourite promo so far this year: Mark Henry Retirement Promo.
    - This is probably winning out because it is so fresh in my mind. Had me completely shocked, something the WWE doesn't do very often. I loved it. Punk, Bryan, The Shield, etc have all been very good on the mic this year also.

- I can't see anyone competing for this award for a while, AJ is in a league of her own when it comes to the Divas division. She's been superb again this year and she's the main reason while I'm still even interested in the division.

- One of my favorite teams for a long time in WWE. Bryan and Kane have such great chemistry and it's really propelled Bryan into stardom. I like that they're splitting because it means hopefully Bryan can hopefully fulfill his potential as a singles star.

Best WWE TV show: Raw
    - I can't say that I watch Smackdown and any other show week in and week out other than Raw and NXT. Both shows are very enjoyable and really there isn't a whole lot I can complain about.

- Definitely the most enjoyable PPV of the year, IMO. I had big hopes for WrestleMania and Extreme Rules this year and neither completely delivered. Payback however did indeed deliver. Was very good from top to bottom. With Punk/Jericho being the highlight of the show. Very nice PPV.

Match of the year: John Cena vs. CM Punk on Raw
    - Definitely the match of the year, IMO. Absolutely fantastic match up. Probably the greatest match I've ever witnessed on Raw and there have been a few over the years. Only two matches that can compete in my eyes are Punk/Undertaker at WrestleMania and Punk/Jericho at Payback. Both also superb matches.

Your favourite thing about the WWE so far this year: (This can be anything, a match, a moment, a superstar, whatever): Daniel Bryan
    - Everything that Bryan has touched this year has turned to gold. He's been exceptional.

What you disliked most about WWE so far this year: (Again, this can be anything): Curtis Axel, Intercontinental Champ.
    - I'm one of those guys who want the IC title to be more valued. So, to see Axel winning the title after about three matches since returning wasn't great to watch for me.

- As I've previously said, everything's he touched has been amazing this year. For me, definitely superstar of the year up to now.
    Thanks too Fresh Prince

Thread Information