Page 67 of 69 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 1707

Thread: What Did You Think of the Last Movie You Saw?

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What Did You Think of the Last Movie You Saw?

Behind the mask: the rise of Leslie vernon
    I was looking for a good slasher film to watch and came across this. I love the idea of this film. Hoping that there will be a sequel. At first I literally thought this was comedy but everything about this film worked. 8 out of 10.

Kong skull island
    Not much Charater depth in this film but its a beautifully shot and I loved all the 70s music. Only thing I didn't like was Samuel l Jackson. Best Kong I've seen. Looking forward to seeing to seeing more from this universe. 6.7 out 10.

vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saw Beauty and the Beast, Disney's really hitting it out of the park with these live action remakes, only terrible ones were the ones that weren't remakes in the Alice movies. Luke Evans absolutely personifies Gaston, and the rest of the cast is quite good as well. Musical numbers are all done well, even if the original did most better. 4/5

Quote Originally Posted by Black Dynamite
    Sometimes a terrible idea is the best idea you got, and one thing I've learned, is always go with the best idea you got.

vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw 2. Skull Island and Beauty and the Beast

Skull Island was amazing. It had a little bit of everything in it. The 70's music was off the hook. 10/10.

Beauty and the Beast was really good. It started off slow, but once it pick up, it was good. 8/10

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Split, a must see thriller would give it a 9/10 but the ending makes it 10/10. Fantastic acting by James mcavoy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Power Rangers: I liked it. some obvious corny parts, but when you try to rationalize what this movie is about, you gotta accept there's gonna be some of that. The beginning felt very indy, and if it weren't for them gaining powers, this film could've gone extremely dark very quickly. This film actually had some dark moments, a few I laughed at, only because this is an origin film, and you expect there to be a few more so I didn't buy it. Still all things considered, I enjoyed it. Some nice action scenes, loved the training scenes. Bryan Cranston did well with what's given. I think they gave a pretty good back story. And Alpha 5 was probably my favorite part of the film.
    33 Facts for Wrestlemania 33
    Finn Balor is the future of the WWE
    Siera, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta - Forever
    Cena fan for LIFE
    Did you know, without lifts, Ambrose is taller than Reigns by an inch?

banner by, Dj LatinoHeat

vCash
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Lego Batman Movie: So this was all kinds of awesome, I really enjoyed it. I thought there were a lot of funny moments throughout the movie, as I found myself laughing quite a few times at the jokes. I also dug the apparances by the non-DC characters including King Kong and The Daleks (Doctor Who). The only downside is this movie didn't have a song as catchy as Everything is Awesome, like the previous lego movie.

Banner Credit: Surrender
    Made Nerdery Moderator - April 21st, 2015

Anime Currently Watching
    Attack on Titan S2, Dragon Ball Super
    MSG: Thunderbolt S2, Tiger Mask W

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Took my daughter to see Beauty and the Beast today. Have to say, great movie. Disney did a really, really good job with the movie, the casting was on point, I had some issues with some of the musical numbers, but they were still solid. It was really cool to see a movie I saw when I was 7 in the theater back on the big screen as a live action movie. I think what added to it was being able to take my daughter to see it just my family took me to see it.

I know some people critiquing the movie didn't like it and seemed to want to go further in social commentary, but I enjoyed every second of it. Sometimes, you have to leave the social crap at home and just enjoy the movie for what it is.
    Now you're on the field callin' me an asshole, 'Cause I roped up your body like a lasso

And I could be just like Mr. HK, runnin' cause a melee
    Bring my team a W, I'm poppin' shots like Pele

vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sunshine (2007) A truly beautiful movie, thought provoking and daring. It's first two acts are pretty much perfect in every way, increasing the tension consistently. Some of the most incredible visuals ever put to film, it is one of my favourite movies....however the third and final act of the movie comes far short of the first two, as the movie loses much of what made the first two acts so special. Still, the first 2/3s of the movie are worth it alone for their scope and brilliant tension.

8/10

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Lethal View Post
    Sunshine (2007) A truly beautiful movie, thought provoking and daring. It's first two acts are pretty much perfect in every way, increasing the tension consistently. Some of the most incredible visuals ever put to film, it is one of my favourite movies....however the third and final act of the movie comes far short of the first two, as the movie loses much of what made the first two acts so special. Still, the first 2/3s of the movie are worth it alone for their scope and brilliant tension.

8/10
    if you liked that film then, you might like Moon (2009).
    33 Facts for Wrestlemania 33
    Finn Balor is the future of the WWE
    Siera, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta - Forever
    Cena fan for LIFE
    Did you know, without lifts, Ambrose is taller than Reigns by an inch?

banner by, Dj LatinoHeat

vCash
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Caught Passengers on Sunday evening. The trailers for this were pretty misleading, turned out to be something completely different than what I expected. What I gathered from the trailers was that there was some big mystery/survival horror type of deal where the ships AI turns against the people on the ship, maybe something like Event Horizon. What I got was a pretty bland love story with a weak sci fi theme wrapped around it. All of these sci fi space blockbusters I found to be pretty unimaginative and disappointing, The Martian, Interstellar, Gravity, The Arrival, I'd have to say the best of the bunch out of all the recent-ish ones would be Prometheus, looking forward to the sequel to that one.

vCash
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watched Logan on Saturday. This was perhaps, the greatest of all the X-Men movies. I would even say that some of the performances, Patrick Stewart's in particular, were Oscar-caliber.

Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

vCash
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Logan - Only a few X films are any good, so it's expanded on it a little bit. Probably put it behind X2 and Pool as I felt it dragged a few parts in the middle.

Kong Skull Island - LOVED this. Really felt like it flew by. Wasn't bored or checking my watch throughout.

Godzilla - Decided to see this due to the end credit scene in Skull Island. Better than the 98 American movie, but I didn't care too much about it. Maybe Kong spoiled me.

vCash
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beauty and the Beast - It's the only live action Disney retelling that I've watched so far. For the most part, I really enjoyed it. The film made me feel like a child again, and I got to take my God son to have a similar experience. Still would love new Disney properties instead, but I'm not against more live action stories.

Pretty sure I'm going to finally see Logan on Tuesday.

vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched Moana yesterday with the kiddo. Not a memorable one. I don't think we will have to buy it at least. The Trolls movie on the other hand stuck in our house for weeks.

vCash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ghost in the Shell, less said about it the better.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiMusashi View Post
    Caught Passengers on Sunday evening. The trailers for this were pretty misleading, turned out to be something completely different than what I expected. What I gathered from the trailers was that there was some big mystery/survival horror type of deal where the ships AI turns against the people on the ship, maybe something like Event Horizon. What I got was a pretty bland love story with a weak sci fi theme wrapped around it. All of these sci fi space blockbusters I found to be pretty unimaginative and disappointing, The Martian, Interstellar, Gravity, The Arrival, I'd have to say the best of the bunch out of all the recent-ish ones would be Prometheus, looking forward to the sequel to that one.
    Man, I fucking loved Event Horizon. Interesting enough of all the movies he's got in his cannon, Sam Neil said that his two favorite movies he's ever made were of course Jurrasic Park, but the other was Event Horizon. It's good to see he stands by that movie even though it wasn't a very successful movie, a failure in fact at the box office,although it has gained a bit of a following in the years after it's theatrical release. What was great about it was that it catered to an adult audience. It wasn't this thing were it's skewed towards high school kids. It was dark, it was violent, it was creepy as hell, and so creative. I loved the idea that it's not a ghost or an alien they are fighting aboard the ship, it's essentially hell itself. Damn I need to watch that movie again soon.

Moonlight:
    Visually this movie has a very sharp look, I mean it's hard to put my finger on exactly but it's got a very subtle unique quality to it. I enjoyed the story and the progression of the lead character through out the years and his struggles with his mom and his sexuality and growing up in drug culture. I will say though, the kind of father figure to the boy from the first act, that guy was fucking awesome. I wanted the whole movie to be about this drug dealer who befriends this child and they both change each other for the better eventually. I thought that was where it was eventually heading but no dice. I haven't seen many other movies nominated for best picture for 2016 so I can't say if this deserved it over anything else yet but it was damn good. It was so annoying to hear some people saying it only got the nod because it had the trifecta of an all black cast, the main character being gay, and a muslim nominee for best supporting actor. It couldn't possibly be because it was a great movie. Do fuck off.
    Last edited by vendrell; 04-02-2017 at 05:18 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beauty and the Beast - Despite what I said in the Entourage thread I went to see this solely because of Emma Watson. I liked it. Not a movie I'd ever watch again, but I enjoyed the spectacle in the theater for sure.

vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watched Power Rangers, it's overwhelmingly...okay. Much like the recent TMNT movies, it's largest failings were mainly just design (pretty bad), but, other than that, it was not an un-entertaining movie, not really memorable, pretty basic all around really, but okay. Banks was really the only one who seemed like she was in a Power Rangers movie, a bit overly dour with the characters otherwise. But, it wasn't terrible, which I'd say is a success with how bad the trailers looked.

Sometimes a terrible idea is the best idea you got, and one thing I've learned, is always go with the best idea you got.

vCash
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watched Power Rangers. I hated the previews and the sneak peaks. Made it look serious and gritty. I didn't expect the original season or even camp, but some fun. It was better than I imagined. Nothing amazing, but good. Jokes were decent even if Billy was borderline obnoxious at the end.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aftermath, dark film but really good. Schwarzenegger Seems to be doing a lot of these low budget dramas. Hope he keeps doing them. 7/10

vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boss Baby was a real meh of a cartoon. 5/10

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paterson:
    I fucking love Adam Driver. He's great in this. It's mundane but still charming. A real working class character movie just about the day to day life. It's very unlike any other movie i've seen in that it feels like nothing is happening ever but it's still a fun watch.

Fo fo fo fo... for life patrick94's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RagnarokMike View Post
    Saw Beauty and the Beast, Disney's really hitting it out of the park with these live action remakes, only terrible ones were the ones that weren't remakes in the Alice movies. Luke Evans absolutely personifies Gaston, and the rest of the cast is quite good as well. Musical numbers are all done well, even if the original did most better. 4/5
    I haven't watched Beauty and the Beast yet. But for me the originality in the Alice movies is way more entertaining than the paint-by-numbers Cinderella and Jungle book. The latter two were visually beautiful, but that doesn't make up for the fact that they're the exact same as their original counterparts in pretty much every other way.
    "Pro wrestling is the greatest sport in the world"- Shinsuke Nakamura.

Fo fo fo fo... for life patrick94's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rogue One 8/10. It would have been a 7 if it wasn't for the last 15 or so minutes of the movie. Awesome stuff. Star Wars fans, and non-Star Wars fans alike will love this if you haven't seen it yet.
    "Pro wrestling is the greatest sport in the world"- Shinsuke Nakamura.

vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by patrick94 View Post
    I haven't watched Beauty and the Beast yet. But for me the originality in the Alice movies is way more entertaining than the paint-by-numbers Cinderella and Jungle book. The latter two were visually beautiful, but that doesn't make up for the fact that they're the exact same as their original counterparts in pretty much every other way.
    I wouldn't have minded the originality, I just thought it was a horribly tedious film, I haven't watched the second, so I can't say if it did better, but I couldn't even make it through the first.

Thread Information