Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: What Did You Think of the Last Movie You Saw?

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What Did You Think of the Last Movie You Saw?

Epic (2013)
    Which was slow at first but everything pick up wonderfully
    Man Of Steel
    Same as Epic but feel real
    This Is the End
    Rude, Crude and Altogether wonderful premise, and enjoy the storyline
    Last edited by Captain Obvious; 06-24-2013 at 03:14 AM.

World's Largest Member Lionhart's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for This is the End, I also forgot
    Spoiler

When watching it a second time, it felt a lot more appropriate that it actually happened. In fact, he kept hinting at it all movie.

But if there's one thing people seemed surprised about, it was definitely the Franco-McBride scene.

Spoiler

y2jman

the call An emergency operator receives a desperate call from a kidnapped teen, and races to locate the young victim while facing a terrifying killer from her own past in this thriller from director Brad Anderson (The Machinist, Session 9). Jordan Turner (Halle Berry) is a 911 operator in the Hive -- the bustling Los Angeles headquarters for emergency operators. Her job is extraordinarily stressful, though the camaraderie she shares with co-workers Flora (Denise Dowse) and Marco (JosÚ Z˙˝iga) helps Jordan to stay sharp and focused during those long nights on the phone. The veteran operator experiences a debilitating bout of self-doubt, however, after making a thoughtless mistake that results in the brutal murder of a young girl at the hands of a sadistic prowler. Six months later, Jordan is taking a group of young trainees on a tour of the Hive when an inexperienced operator receives a frantic call from Casey (Abigail Breslin), a terrified teen who is locked in the trunk of a speeding car after being abducted in a parking lot. Unfortunately, Casey is calling from a disposable phone with no chip, making it impossible for the operator to trace the call. Instinctively taking over the situation, Jordan does her best to calm Casey so that she can provide clues that will help authorities, including Jordan's police-officer boyfriend Paul (Morris Chestnut), identify the car and rescue the frightened abductee. With each passing minute the danger grows, and the hope for a happy outcome fades. Meanwhile, when the kidnapper (Michael Eklund) finds Casey's hidden phone, an ominous exchange with Jordan leaves her convinced that he's the same man who killed the other young girl six months prior. Horrified to discover just what's at stake should she fail to save Casey, the haunted operator takes the situation into her own hands, only to realize she may have unwittingly become the killer's next victim didn't care much about it

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fear Island:
    A fairly standard slasher flick. Nothing I'd bother watching a second time. Lucy Hale looked hot though...then her movie character said she was 15 so I had to google search her real age and all was fine. She's in her twenties so I felt less scummy.

Jvance

Pirhanna:
    Way to raunchy for my taste.

2012:
    I liked it for the most part. I thought the ending was slower than it should of been but the rest was fun.

Cereal Killer

Silver Linings Playbook - Great actors and a very quirky story. It makes light of mental illness, but doesn't make fun of it. It's also a very offbeat love story. Superb performances all around, especially some of the supporting cast that really add a lot to it. Chris Tucker in particular is great. 9.0

SmashHole

Monsters University was the last flick I saw. Wasn't bad. Worth a viewing. A good popcorn movie, and it didn't try and copy the original which was a good thing. Only thing was, who thought it would be a good idea to have the new Anchorman 2 trailer attatched to the movie?

Banned

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just watched world war z.
    It's a awesome movie. One of the best Brad Pitt movies in years.

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

American Mary:
    I thought the premise was good and I was into all the way through but I still felt a bit jipped. The ending seemed very rushed to me as well. The leading lady was hot as hell though.

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Savages: Entertaining, nothing I'd go out of my way to watch again, but worth 1 viewing.

Deadfall: Solid performances all around, and moved along briskly, no real closure on the end, but it was entertaing for what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Dynamite
    Sometimes a terrible idea is the best idea you got, and one thing I've learned, is always go with the best idea you got.

vCash
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Monsters University: Just got back from taking my nephew to see this, anyway's I really enjoyed this movie as I got quite a few laughs out of it. Monsters University is definitely a film I'd recommend taking the kids to (if you have any little ones) now that school's out for summer vacation as it's a movie I think the whole family would enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Classic View Post
    Only thing was, who thought it would be a good idea to have the new Anchorman 2 trailer attatched to the movie?
    We got trailers for Despicable Me 2, Turbo and Planes (spin off of the Cars franchise), I doubt I'll take my nephew to see Despicable Me 2 but he seemed to like the trailers for both Turbo and Planes so I'll probably take him to see those two movies.
    Last edited by Lony; 06-28-2013 at 10:58 PM.

Banner Credit: Surrender
    Made Nerdery Moderator - April 21st, 2015

Anime Currently Watching
    Attack on Titan S2, Dragon Ball Super
    MSG: Thunderbolt S2, Tiger Mask W

Cereal Killer

Killing Them Softly - extremely slow, disjointed and boring. Expected more from a film that has Pitt, Liotta and Gandolfini in it. 5.0

vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ That movie was soooooooooooooooo boring

I watched the Dark Knight Rises for the second time on HBO Go. I left the theater really enjoying the movie, but that doesn't really translate to the home screen. Just so long. I don't understand why they decided to go in this Occupy Wall Street bullshit direction. The Dark Knight had the same issues for me, falling apart on a second viewing. Fortunately we didn't buy this one because there's no Heath Ledger holding it together.

Anyway, fine as a standalone action movie, but another one in a series of this overly disappointing Batman interpretation. These movies along with the amazingly overrated Iron Man & Avenger movies are why I just can't force myself to go see or rent another super hero movie.

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also just got done with DKR for a second time (had it recorded from a recent free weekend of HBO), and I agree it doesn't hold up well to a second viewing, Dark Knight I saw 3 times in the theatre and loved it each time, DKR I really felt the run time most the way through....just not as engaging or interesting outside of key scenes, the narrative was also rather shoddy. Didn't love it, didn't hate it, just kinda there.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Dynamite
    Sometimes a terrible idea is the best idea you got, and one thing I've learned, is always go with the best idea you got.

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is why I don't see movies at the theater. If often kills home viewing. I've only seen DKR once though but plan on it again.

The Loved Ones:
    It's torture horror with incesty weirdness. That power drill scene was rough. What I didnt like about it was they had a second storyline that had next to nothing to do with the plot. There is a small tie in but it goes nowhere and is clearly just there to soak up time. Still though i enjoyed it and I didnt hate the minor plot it just was useless to the story.

vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vendrell View Post
    This is why I don't see movies at the theater. If often kills home viewing. I've only seen DKR once though but plan on it again.
    Going to the theater made the movie worth seeing, I probably would've never seen it at home. Too long and boring to actually sit and pay that much attention to.

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought it started out slow after Bane on a plane but it really got cooking as it went along and I was hooked. If that holds up on second viewing I don't know yet. I always just feel robbed after going to the theater so I'd rather just not know what I'm missing.

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched The Call a few days ago and...... it was surprisingly good. I enjoyed it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watched Sly's Bullet to the Head yesterday... it felt very half arsed, I dunno what else I can say to describe it. The movie held back a lot, could have been much much better ion my opinion. Ha a few funny moments, had a few decent flights but nothing to rave home about.
    Thanks to Rad for the awesome banner!

vCash
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

White House Down: I saw this earlier tonight, anyway's I thought it was a pretty good movie with some cool action scenes and witty dialogue through out the movie. With that said though White House Down wasn't quite as good as Olympus Has Fallen which came out earlier this year and has a similar plot.

Banner Credit: Surrender
    Made Nerdery Moderator - April 21st, 2015

Anime Currently Watching
    Attack on Titan S2, Dragon Ball Super
    MSG: Thunderbolt S2, Tiger Mask W

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

World War Z

I had nothing to do on my day off, and I had a free movie ticket so I figured I'd go check this out. I really did enjoy it, and it felt like somewhat of a different take on the zombie genre. I have only read half of the book, so I can't really compare the two but from I have read the movie is completely different from the book. Anyways, I really liked it a lot. Very fun, exciting, and intense.

Banner Credit: surrender

"If a lot of people loved each other, the world would be a better place to live" - Tommy Wiseau

y2jman

this is the end eh some of it i thought was dumb however was funny

the lone ranger i thought it was pretty decent somewhat reminds mask of zorro in a way

y2jman

12 rounds 2 reloaded A vengeful vigilante lures a paramedic into a treacherous 12-round game of cat-and-mouse in this action-packed sequel starring Randy Orton

i think it was pretty good however i think 1st movie was better in my opinion

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Independence Day - One of my favorite Will Smith movies. I still love it today even if the effects are kind of cheesy now. Great action and characters and the dogfighting scenes were done pretty well. The computer virus being able to take down an entire alien mothership seemed a little too convenient but if even nukes couldn't stop them then I guess something had to.

-Fresh Prince-
    Chief Ass Whooper of Sorry Sons of Bitches! - Stone Cold Steve Austin

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was an excellent movie. Well written, good acting and it appears very historically accurate. I swear the guy playing Jackie Robinson was Kadeem Hardinson from A Different World when I saw the trailer but it wasnt. He did a good job portraying Jackie and Harrison stole the show, IMO, as Branch Rickey. There were some cheesy moments, like most sports movies, but for the most part it told a story without too much sugar coating. I give it a 8/10.

Thread Information