Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daniel Bryan stinger injury is legitimate, per Figure Four Weekly

Default Daniel Bryan stinger injury is legitimate, per Figure Four Weekly

--Daniel Bryan was injured in his match with Randy Orton last night and the finish was essentially a shoot as they stopped a match that Daniel was scheduled to win. The story online that he suffered a stinger is legit. WWE has added the storyline that he went backstage and had a huge argument with HHH about the match being stopped, with him saying he'd worked through plenty of injuries in his career and Hunter took away his biggest-ever win.
    This makes me think that the match with Orton WAS going to be his first MAJOR win, riding this current wave.

On one hand, WWE took that away from him. On the other hand, they are making sure Bryan is good for the long haul because they see him as a commodity to not be wasted.
    Fanny Pack Wrestling Podcast---saving the world from the WWE Malaise, one episode at a time!

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    Roman Reigns becomes champion for the first time before Bryan wins the title again? I'll get in on that action.

With my PW Career. Bryan wins the title again before Roman, I'm gone.

Default Re: Daniel Bryan stinger injury is legitimate, per Figure Four Weekly

It was absolutely the right decision. Anything involving possible nerve damage can't be taken lightly. It's not the main event of WrestleMania, it's a priority TV match against Randy Orton that they can reschedule anytime, anywhere.

Also, via PWInsider, the storyline of Bryan screaming at HHH for stopping the match after going back to Gorilla was also legit, apparently.
    Fanny Pack Wrestling Podcast---saving the world from the WWE Malaise, one episode at a time!

Roman Reigns becomes champion for the first time before Bryan wins the title again? I'll get in on that action.

That is awesome.

And don't worry about HHH, he will have LOVED that Bryan did that.

I guess that wasn't acting then. It was just a furious DB. If this argument did in fact take place I hope it doesn't hurt him in any way.

-edit

ah I guess its real then

I am not threatened by any man whose name is three letters.

- Damien Sandow
    in response to RVD's return

I get both men's thought process but Mr. H made the right choice.

Thanks Bender

A lot of things get brushed off as just being "a stinger" when it's actually something more serious anyway. If the stoppage was real, then it's in DB's best interest that it was done.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I get both men's thought process but Mr. H made the right choice.
    Bingo and I actually think in a long run this so called "Blow Up" by Daniel Bryan will actual help his main event push.He maned up and stood his ground against Triple H and the upper brass and showed that he's a tough SOB and is willing to go hurt to finish a match and to give the fans the best no matter what.

I've never had a stinger. Before is Bryan going to miss much time because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by HBK_4_Life View Post
    I've never had a stinger. Before is Bryan going to miss much time because of this.
    According to PW Insider...

Spoiler

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

Anyone got the clip to the arguement with Trips?

Quote Originally Posted by HBK_4_Life View Post
    I hate not posting in the introduction forum first, but I felt the urge to drop this first. I've gotten stingers from football before. They're short term, painful, nerve stings that can temporarily, and if not treated properly, permantly paralyse. You get them a lot overstretching and getting hit at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by JoMo View Post
    Anyone got the clip to the arguement with Trips?
    No apparently it was off camera.

This is great. It shows Vince and Hunter that Bryan's got balls, and they're not just brussel sprouts.

Plus it puts Bryan over as being more badass with us fans.

And Hunter did the right thing.
    EAT. SLEEP. BAE JOHN CENA. REPEAT.

/r/womenswrestling

It did seem really odd at the time because of how similar it was to HHH's storyline that had happened a few weeks prior. Bryan is right that he has worked with worse injuries and a lot of people including HHH have finished matches with worse injuries. Orton's actions really threw me for a loop because his Viper persona would not react the way he did. I hope we dont see matches stopped often but I can only applaud the WWE for actually taking the well being of the wrestlers seriously for once. Fans are generally very appreciative of wrestlers who get injured. I remember Bob Holly being turned into a face by the crowd after suffering a really bad cut after going through a table years ago. The WWE can, and it looks like they are, turning this into a positive.

WWE has had a LOT of injury-related events happening lately, all of a similar nature. You had Dolph's legit concussion, the Triple H storyline, Fandango's concussion, and Daniel Bryan getting a stinger. (I don't know what injury Swagger is said to have sustained to pull him from TV.) It just seems that every week, we have a new injury-related story, whether it is intentional or just forced on WWE by unfortunate circumstance.

Since Bryan worked the SmackDown taping, I'm going to say it probably wasn't too severe. Good to hear.

I'm halfway disappointed given I thought it was a tremendous sell job from Bryan - up there with Taker @ Mania 26.

Still, it's positive reading as a D-Bry fan. I can't see any reason why this news wouldn't be?
    Pimpin' Ain't Easy

There's a video on WWE.com of Bryan's thoughts on the confrontation:

http://www.wwe.com/videos/daniel-bry...-2013-26124745

I still question if it was legit though seeing as they had a whole article about it on the website. Seems a bit suspect. If it was then I think Todd's right, I imagine Trips would have loved Bryan's reaction. Because if the table's were turned I bet he would have been just as pissed off.
    Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig and av.

Yeah now I think its a work again. Anything on WWE's website I don't take remotely serious

I am not threatened by any man whose name is three letters.

- Damien Sandow
    in response to RVD's return

Quote Originally Posted by Bang Bang View Post
    Yeah now I think its a work again. Anything on WWE's website I don't take remotely serious
    Yeah, Meltz has it as a storyline too:

WWE has added the storyline that he went backstage and had a huge argument with HHH about the match being stopped, with him saying he'd worked through plenty of injuries in his career and Hunter took away his biggest-ever win.
    Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig and av.

First off, stingers can be very painful, make a wrestler disorientated, and even cause temporary paralysis. Years ago Paul Orndorff suffered a stinger on live tv at WCW Monday Nitro, and they thought he was paralyzed right after it happened. That turned out to be his last match ever.

As for what happened on Raw, I've watched it several times, and I almost hate to be the one to say this, but IMO it looks like Orton is to blame for this. Even assuming the planned spot was actually for Orton to step aside and let Bryan hit the wall, Orton really should have guided Bryan in the air so Bryan didn't hit the wall headfirst. Priority number one is always making sure your opponent and yourself are safe. Orton just left Bryan to literally crash and burn. And this isn't the first time Orton has done this to a wrestler. Back in the day Orton was notorious for for getting guys de-pushed because he didn't like the way they wrestled in the ring, i.e. Mr. Kennedy, Kofi Kingston. But over time I've come to think that Orton is the guy that is unsafe.
    Wildfire Tommy Rich for WWE HOF 2014

Banned

I hope this injury is a temporary one with no further issues. To get derailed right now I think would be awful for Daniel Bryan. I don't think any of this falls on Randy. DB is well known for having his matches go full throttle. I feel it's an accident if anything. Randy has been around for some time and I don't recall him hurting a bunch of people. I could be wrong though but it doesn't readily come to mind.

Moderately Moderating Michinokudriver's Avatar

Also, via PWInsider, the storyline of Bryan screaming at HHH for stopping the match after going back to Gorilla was also legit, apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bang Bang View Post
    I guess that wasn't acting then. It was just a furious DB. If this argument did in fact take place I hope it doesn't hurt him in any way.

-edit

ah I guess its real then
    That, if legit, would be really f-ing stupid. Sometimes you really do need an impartial third-party observer to say hey, it's time to sit down.

Nominee: PW's Most Knowledgeable Poster, 2006
    Co-winner: PW's Most Knowledgeable Nerd, 2006

I find it odd that WWE would run a storyline that HHH "took away his biggest-ever win". This would imply that Bryan to win was predetermined and scripted. Inserting that into a storyline is completely stupid.

If it was Kayfabe, all HHH did was take away what could have been Bryan's most crushing and heart breaking defeats as he was injured and was beginning to lose the match.
    Bring back the fourth wall

Believe in the Shield. Lilslimshady's Avatar

I tend to agree that the match ending was a shoot, but Bryan yelling at HHH at Gorilla was definitely a work. I can imagine Bryan went to the back and maybe got a little miffed. HHH explained his position. That was that. And then HHH probably had the idea: " Let's run this as an angle. It feeds more into the weak link thing and the ultimate overcoming of that stigma by challenging Cena down the road." I could definitely see Bryan being a little mad, but I doubt he truly blew a gasket like WWE.com states.

Quote Originally Posted by Push Goldust View Post
    I find it odd that WWE would run a storyline that HHH "took away his biggest-ever win". This would imply that Bryan to win was predetermined and scripted. Inserting that into a storyline is completely stupid.

If it was Kayfabe, all HHH did was take away what could have been Bryan's most crushing and heart breaking defeats as he was injured and was beginning to lose the match.
    Why wouldn't Daniel Bryan be confident that he could win?

Thread Information