Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RVD returning at MITB

Default RVD returning at MITB

Third thread today

WWE announced via promo video during tonight's Payback pay-per-view that Rob Van Dam will be returning soon.

Van Dam will be making his return at next month's Money in the Bank pay-per-view from Philadelphia.
    Thoughts? I'd say a surprise entrant perhaps in the MITB, he did win it once
    BEST AVATAR IN THE WORLD!
    The winner of Summerfest!'s Signature Face-Off!
    Thanks to all who give rep

Default Re: RVD returning at MITB

I didn't want him back. I didn't like his recent TNA run and he's way past his prime.

surrender

Banned

This is fantastic news. I can not wait until rvd makes his long awaited return too the wwe.

Last time he returned to WWE was the...2008(?) Royal Rumble

Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    I didn't want him back. I didn't like his recent TNA run and he's way past his prime.
    RVD is really the male equivalent of Tara. They're both way past their prime and clearly should have hung up their boots when they left WWE, rather than tarnishing their legacies by putting on poor performances for a few years in TNA. The only difference is that RVD has a bit of star power left, so WWE were interested in bringing them back when they attempted to jump back, whereas they clearly didn't care about Tara.

I wonder how long he'll be with them, I mean I'm guessing he'll come back and wrestle a bit then leave...my thoughts are the guy may wanna retire soon so why not do it in fashion and have a final run in WWE

Why do we have to know a month in advance. I miss surprise returns. They rarely do them anymore

I am not threatened by any man whose name is three letters.

- Damien Sandow
    in response to RVD's return

Nothing better to see? MexicanMike's Avatar

This is where I wish people like Tyson Kidd, Justin Gabriel or Evan Bourne were active/relevant. This would have been perfect.

Believe in the Shield. Lilslimshady's Avatar

I'm not the biggest RVD guy, but I do dig the flash and style he possesses. It'll be good to have him back, as long as it's not frequent. That'll get old fast. I think he should appear twice a month or so. He was stale as fuck in TNA. I haven't been entertained by him since 2007 or 2008 when he had some great matches in his last stint with the WWE. It'll be good to see him back, especially returning in Philly. Pretty fucking cool.

Ugh...I was hoping with Trips getting more power in hiring people we wouldn't see RVD in WWE anytime soon.

They were moving forward with all the new talent debuting and getting chances on the show. RVD isn't needed imo.
    Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig and av.

Quote Originally Posted by Bang Bang View Post
    Why do we have to know a month in advance. I miss surprise returns. They rarely do them anymore
    Yup! I feel the same way. Why place a video on a PPV announcing the return of a guy that wont happen until the next PPV? RVD should have just been a surprise entrant in the MITB match (Which I am assuming he will win). The build up to the return of a guy we've seen before and were kind of lackluster on in the first place seems kind of pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by merle View Post
    Yup! I feel the same way. Why place a video on a PPV announcing the return of a guy that wont happen until the next PPV? RVD should have just been a surprise entrant in the MITB match (Which I am assuming he will win). The build up to the return of a guy we've seen before and were kind of lackluster on in the first place seems kind of pointless.
    I guess they're hoping the "ECW faithful" will buy MITB because RVD is on it.
    Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig and av.

SO pumped for his return. There are a ton of guys I'd like to see him face. I think RVD has enough gas left on the tank to give us some more great matches in this run before retiring. I wouldn't mind another world championship run either but I know that is unlikely to happen.

-Fresh Prince-
    Chief Ass Whooper of Sorry Sons of Bitches! - Stone Cold Steve Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Miss HHH View Post
    I guess they're hoping the "ECW faithful" will buy MITB because RVD is on it.
    That's a good point. They may very well be counting on that. But I still would have preferred to see his return as a surprise. When it was announced I got a excited for it for a few minutes. Then, it just wore off. Now I really don't care. I would have preferred to have had that excitement happen during his actual return.

Banned

Ugh...I was hoping with Trips getting more power in hiring people we wouldn't see RVD in WWE anytime soon.

They were moving forward with all the new talent debuting and getting chances on the show. RVD isn't needed imo.
    Rvd is needed. He can put over new talent. These days you find that when a up a coming wrestler needs a feud. They is always a veteran around too give them a good legit rivalry.

Quote Originally Posted by HR View Post
    RVD is really the male equivalent of Tara. They're both way past their prime and clearly should have hung up their boots when they left WWE, rather than tarnishing their legacies by putting on poor performances for a few years in TNA. The only difference is that RVD has a bit of star power left, so WWE were interested in bringing them back when they attempted to jump back, whereas they clearly didn't care about Tara.
    RVD could work in the WWE though since WWE is hesitant on pushing any high flyers at this point(I.E. Bourne) and RVD could find a role like that with the company.

Also not many get motivated to wrestle or get better in TNA in all honesty.......

Have Van Dam and Punk wrestled each other before?
    It's showtime, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by HR View Post
    I honestly think Tara has been MUCH more enjoyable in TNA than RVD ever was.

And I find him coming back to be rather unspectacular. Who could they put him in a program with? Though, kudos to him for getting another contract to coast through.
    Fanny Pack Wrestling Podcast---saving the world from the WWE Malaise, one episode at a time!

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    Roman Reigns becomes champion for the first time before Bryan wins the title again? I'll get in on that action.

With my PW Career. Bryan wins the title again before Roman, I'm gone.

Diva of Destruction iron maiden's Avatar

This.

I could think of others I would want to see return LESS than RVD but not many. I was happy when he left because he gets stale very quickly. Coupled with the fact that they are giving him another kick at the proverbial cat when he's already had his day in the sun, I think it's a waste of a top spot that could be used for some of the great talent they currently have.

Sting
    Diva of Destruction
    Empress of Canadia
    2010 Queen of the Forum
    2012 Tag Team Queen of the Forum - Rogue and iron maiden
    2013 PW Hall of Fame (Thank You)

RVD is coming back not that excited he kinda lost a step his match got stale.
    On they other hand
    He can still have good matches with ziggler,bryan,the sheild ect
    Hes just gettin one last run so he can retire and prob go in the hall

Knows he isn't welcome

Obviously, RVD has come back to feud with Ryback over his choice of ring gear.
    That's all, folks.

I'm not now , nor have ever been a fan of RVD but as long as he comes in to job to some up and comers who have a future than I guess it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
    -Bender-

2013 Sports Empire Most Valuable Poster
    2012 & 2013 Gridiron Poster of the Year

I'm happy he's coming back, he's always been one of my favorites to watch.

It's a surprising signing. He's not my cup of tea at all (and that may be the kindest thing I've ever said about him) but he will surely just be used to facilitate getting heels over. A program with Axel is in there somewhere, you don't have to look far to see that. If he starts mixing with Cena, Punk, Bryan etc., I will be very disappointed, but I don't see that happening.

I'll make peace with it.

He's an established name that will basically be used to put over new, younger talent, the same as Jericho and Christian. I don't know why people wouldn't want to see that, unless you just genuinely don't like the guy.

Thread Information