View Poll Results: Is Ziggler face?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ziggler is just a heel who gets cheered

2 8.00%
  • Zigglers face turn has started

23 92.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So is Dolph Ziggler now face and Alberto heel?

Default So is Dolph Ziggler now face and Alberto heel?

I gotta say, when I saw the results for payback I was damn well pissed off that Alberto beat Dolph for the title but it seems that the crowd turned on him and booed him. Last night against Punk Alberto decided he didn't want to face him anymore and started to walk but Dolph came out and attacked Del Rio and got a pop for it. So is this the start of Zigglers face turn or is he a heel who's just gonna get cheered?
    BEST AVATAR IN THE WORLD!
    The winner of Summerfest!'s Signature Face-Off!
    Thanks to all who give rep

Greatest Champion Ever The Champ's Avatar

Default Re: So is Dolph Ziggler now face and Alberto heel?

It's a face turn. The commentary made that pretty clear. I didn't know it was possible to say "valiant" and "courageous" (and other synonyms of those) that many times in one match.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

I'm waiting until he becomes @FaceZiggler

Greatest Champion Ever The Champ's Avatar

HASHTAG FACE.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Notice me, Maddox Senpai Falcone's Avatar

The real question is - Where does that leave Dolph/AJ and Langston, since the latter two are still undoubtedly heels.

Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    I never thought I'd say this, but ... dammit, give Falcy a modship!
    FALCONE 4 MOD 2027 (I'm being realistic)

Knows he isn't welcome

I just saw Del Rio's promo, and.....

WWE needs to bring up that he is Mexican all the time, don't they? Most of Del Rio's face run (which I begged for God knows how long) was ruined by the pathetic Swagger/Colter bullshit, and now he is turning back heel, and while he is doing good, I can't bring myself to give a crap about the motivation.

They basically stripped down his character to "very Mexican dude" when he turned face, and now that he turns back heel, he is just "very angry Mexican dude".

Notice me, Maddox Senpai Falcone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwolf View Post
    I just saw Del Rio's promo, and.....

WWE needs to bring up that he is Mexican all the time, don't they? Most of Del Rio's face run (which I begged for God knows how long) was ruined by the pathetic Swagger/Colter bullshit, and now he is turning back heel, and while he is doing good, I can't bring myself to give a crap about the motivation.

They basically stripped down his character to "very Mexican dude" when he turned face, and now that he turns back heel, he is just "very angry Mexican dude".
    This is WWE. Anybody not american is booked as a 'Very Foreign Guy'. Sheamus is a very irish dude. Regal and Barrett are Very English Dude. Cesaro is Very European. It's just how they do things. And it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    I never thought I'd say this, but ... dammit, give Falcy a modship!
    FALCONE 4 MOD 2027 (I'm being realistic)

I just hope Dolph wins back the title, when that guy won it the crowd went mental and then just to lose it back to Del Rio in what I think was his first title defense? Am I wrong? But still to lose it back to Del Rio really annoyed me cause even as a face I couldn't give a fuck about Del Rio

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriofan View Post
    I just hope Dolph wins back the title, when that guy won it the crowd went mental and then just to lose it back to Del Rio in what I think was his first title defense? Am I wrong? But still to lose it back to Del Rio really annoyed me cause even as a face I couldn't give a fuck about Del Rio
    Yep, I totally disagree with the idea that we're not allowed to complain about what happened because it was part of a "larger plan". Del Rio didn't even really need to turn back heel. OK, maybe he wasn't doing amazingly as a face, but that was more due to the horrible Swagger feud than anything else. He was still pretty decently over, he'd done a nice job of switching up his moveset to be more exciting in the ring, and we finally had a non-white main event babyface not named Rey Mysterio.

And obviously fucking over Dolph like that sucks, especially when the MITB cash-in really should have been the start for him after being treated so stupidly poorly for so long. He'll recover because he's so talented, and he's done it over and over before, but that doesn't make it right.

I honestly thought they'd have the guy hold the title for longer, guess I was wrong and it's a shame cause Dolph deserved a much better title reign than when it was just given to him just to lose it 10 minutes later...least he managed to hold it for longer this time

Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    HASHTAG FACE.
    Is that his new running headbutt finisher?

Believe in the Shield. Lilslimshady's Avatar

I enjoyed what looks like to be one of those rare double turns. Rio was alright as a face, but the act got stale a month ago to be honest with you. I don't really like him that much, as a baby or heel. He's above average in the ring, but nothing that's truly great. Bad on the microphone, but to be fair that could also have to do with booking. But, the cream rises and I feel like he isn't rising. Triple H has always said that he's a big " The guy makes the title " guy. I believe it's the opposite of Rio. The Title is trying to make him and I'm not buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilslimshady View Post
    Triple H has always said that he's a big " The guy makes the title " guy. I believe it's the opposite of Rio. The Title is trying to make him and I'm not buying it.
    The fact that he is a four time world/WWE champion already is absurd. I really can't remember anything notable from his title reigns at all.

I was pissed Dolph dropped the belt but now I think it's the best thing that could've happened. It could be his 18-seconds moments.

Problem if Dolph kept the title, and remained heel is that he had no really over babyface to work with other than Bryan (who looks to be working with Cena eventually). Dolph vs. Orton, or Sheamus, or even Jericho isn't that exciting. Not fresh or interesting.

BUT if a babyface Dolph works out and he gets the belt back by SummerSlam, it opens up things considerably.

And as much as I like DZ, he's been really stale and still felt mid-cardish despite being WHC, similar to Punk before his face turn in 2011. Punk turned heel again but kept that main event status. Dolph needed this.

Quote Originally Posted by HR View Post
    The fact that he is a four time world/WWE champion already is absurd. I really can't remember anything notable from his title reigns at all.
    He has some of the oddest times for title reigns.
    Two were in the middle of Punk's meteoric rise, and both felt unneeded and unwanted.
    One beginning a failed face turn.
    The last one killing Dolph Ziggler momentum before it even got started. Now Dolph is 2 for 2 for having awful title reigns.

TNA Forum Title History
    Forum Championship (1 time)
    Tag Team Championship (3 time)
    X Championship (2 time)
    Internet Championship (3 time)

I'm still fucking pissed they turned Del Rio so soon.

Turning Dolph face when he is aligned with AJ and Big E is stupid as well. Breaking the three up right now is another stupid decision.

I've never been completely sold on Dolph for some reason or another but Sunday night did it for me. He made me a fan. (Yeah, I'm jumping on the bandwagon three years late).

His selling was fantastic and I'm talking about long term selling, not his usual doing a flip after a clothesline sort of selling. He made me rally behind him, both he and ADR should be commended on fantastic story-telling. It's not easy pulling off a double-turn but these guys made it look easy. Dolph's hearty performance, his hulking up only to be laid out by one more boot from Del Rio to finish the job, his sombre reaction to defeat and then last night, his fiery entrance to take out both Del Rio and Ricardo. I love it. I'm behind Dolph, keep him a face.

Quote Originally Posted by HR View Post
    I really can't remember anything notable from his title reigns at all.
    Losing to Ziggler. That's all I got.

#BelieveInTheMods
    [π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

So in a matter of two days, CM Punk and Dolph have both turned face, and Del Rio has turned heel.

My head's starting to hurt.

Special thanks to Just Plain Cunt for this awesome banner!

I was enjoying Del Rio's face run. At least he was somewhat over with the fans. Now they'll all go back to not caring for him.

*SIGH*
    It's showtime, folks!

If I had one criticism of last night's RAW, it was the Del Rio turn. I was actually getting interested in the guy and last night just seemed so anti-climactic.

So if I am correct RAW's face line-up includes Cena, Punk, and Ziggler. Pretty strong face line-up although likely Ziggler will be featured alot on Smackdown. It will be interesting to see where they go with Bryan from here.

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

Quote Originally Posted by WMS View Post
    I've never been completely sold on Dolph for some reason or another but Sunday night did it for me. He made me a fan. (Yeah, I'm jumping on the bandwagon three years late).

His selling was fantastic and I'm talking about long term selling, not his usual doing a flip after a clothesline sort of selling. He made me rally behind him, both he and ADR should be commended on fantastic story-telling. It's not easy pulling off a double-turn but these guys made it look easy. Dolph's hearty performance, his hulking up only to be laid out by one more boot from Del Rio to finish the job, his sombre reaction to defeat and then last night, his fiery entrance to take out both Del Rio and Ricardo. I love it. I'm behind Dolph, keep him a face.
    I completely agree. As someone who also doesn't care for Dolph, I thought he did a fantastic job on Sunday. Del Rio too. As you say, they made a double-turn look easy. It helped that the crowd was cheering Ziggles from the start, but both guys switched alignment completely in the ring without a blatant and ridiculous change in character. It didn't look illogical in the slightest. Del Rio was uncharacteristically vicious, but it made sense as he wanted to win the belt he lost in a cheap manner, and that naturally made Ziggler the sympathetic face, which was further amplified by his great long-term selling.

Ziggler should be the face of the WWE

top 10 active WWE superstars that should be faces for me are

1. John Cena
    2. CM Punk
    3. Dolph Ziggler
    4. Ryback
    5. Christian
    6. Kane
    7. Daniel Bryan
    8. Zack Ryder
    9. Mysterio
    10. Jericho

top 10 heels in the WWE are

1. Heyman & Crew
    2. The Shield
    3. Zeb & Co
    4. Randy Orton
    5. Shemus
    6. Rhodes Schoolers
    7. Big Show
    8. Mark Henry
    9. Del Rio
    10. The Miz

Banned

Ziggler is finally a face. Though they could have turned him another way. They didn't have too give that overrated boring del rio a second reign as WHC. Damn del rio is a 4 time world champion. What the hell is wwe coming too

Why does everyone care so much about ADR being a heel now? He just wasn't over as a babyface. He came off as too fake, too much like a politician. He needed the short turn to rejuvenate his character, which it did but this is much better.

With Dolph, he was getting stale too. As I said in an earlier post, he was coming off to me as a mid-card guy playing a main-eventer. The babyface turn can only help him ascend to the next level.

Thread Information