Thread: Who's ordering Payback?

Believe in the Shield. Lilslimshady's Avatar

Default Who's ordering Payback?

I'm on the fence. First, it's competing with Game 5 of the NBA Finals. Secondly, 55 bucks is always a lot of money to shell out for 3 hours of wrestling. I'm excited for Punk's return and that's one of the only reasons I want to watch. Also, Cena-Ryback are going to surprise some people. AJ-Kaitlyn will be solid and Ziggler-Rio have wonderful chemistry. The Shield matches should all be fantastic as well. Solid card, but a lot of re-matches from recent weeks. Will that kill the buyrate even though it's the under-card that is re-matches? We'll have to see. I'm leaning towards not ordering it and just getting results the next day. What about you guys?

Default Re: Who's ordering Payback?

I'll be watching it.

I won't be paying the ridiculous 55 dollar price tag, though.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

I wont be ordering Payback, but I will be watching.

Banner Credit: Spike

If I had two friends to go thirds with, I'd do it. For 18-20 bucks a piece, it's worth it. But, not for 30 bucks or that crazy 55 number. The thing that sucks is I don't really do streams as they're always too slow for my liking. So I'll just check the results tomorrow and see how it turned out.

This is actually quite a good card IMO. I'm expecting either the tag title match, the WHC match, or Jericho/Punk to be MOTN.

I don't exactly love the gimmick matches that they chose for 3 Stages of Hell but I'd rather see this than a standard match. Hopefully it gets really physical once they get the Lumberjack portion out of the way. Part of me can't see Cena losing the title already but at the same time, Ryback hasn't gotten any big wins.

Del Rio and Dolph always have top notch matches together. I hope Dolph is 100%.

Really excited for AJ vs Kaitlyn (AJ's PPV debut match!) - I loved their match on NXT this year so I hope they get a lot of time to show what they can do, especially AJ who hasn't had nearly enough in-ring opportunities as she deserves. I feel like it's too early in the feud for AJ to win the title though, so hopefully Kaitlyn retains by pin, DQ, or no contest, and they hold off AJ's big championship win until Money in the Bank or Summerslam. Can't really complain if AJ does win though!

The Shield vs. Orton and DB, not a fan of Orton's ring work but Bryan and the Shield have consistently delivered. Not sure exactly what to expect from Ambrose vs Kane but it should be a good match at the least.

I don't really like anyone that much in the Intercontinental title match but this is better than any of those guys in a singles match with each other, so I'd say it has some potential to be a fun match. I will be shocked if Curtis Axel does not win this match, I honestly can't see there being any way that he loses.

Can't wait to see how Punk's return goes down and the match with Jericho should be a great match (granted they don't pull any swerves which some are predicting...but I do think Punk will definitely appear at the show).

surrender

Nope I'll be there.
    Last edited by milopo; 06-16-2013 at 01:50 PM.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

I've ordered it.

Kane/Ambrose and Punk's return versus Jericho had been hooked and there's potential with most/all other matches on the card.

It'll be one of those PPV's that is much better than you expect imo.

I wouldn't even stream it because of the NBA Finals....

I'll watch it on my computer with the NBA finals on my TV next to me. BBQ food for Father's Day, and cake. going to be a nice night.

No, there's nothing that really stands out.

I'll read the results and probably watch the Tag title match tomorrow, because The Shield are awesome and everything Bryan does at the moment is gold. It's not enough to get me to order though (and unfortunately Orton is in the match).
    Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig and av.

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

I'll definitely be watching.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

Miss HHH, you have no desire to see Punk's return? I agree with you that Daniel Bryan and The Shield will kill it as per usual. But, I'm the most pumped for Punk's return. It's going to kick ass.

is Fan Fic's biggest bust Dazz Hands's Avatar

I never found Punk as the most exciting thing on raw. The shield and Bryan were the people who kept me watching.

Bender

PW Accolades

Spoiler

STL Cards: 73-63 :) SM(Stardust)'s Avatar

I won't be ordering it or watching it live. However, I will watch Punk/Jericho(if it actually happens), Shield/Bryan & Orton, and Kaitlyn/AJ at some point after it is over.

None of the rest of the matches interest me at all. Don't like Del Rio and I am not a big fan of Dolph, so not watching the WHC match. I do really like Ambrose, but I hate Kane, so not going to watch that match. Not a fan of any of the 3 in the IC Title match, so I see no point watching it. Also, don't care about Cena/Ryback at all.

Oh, and the Sheamus/Sandow feud has been horrible and I think the match will be bad(Sandow isn't the good in the ring and Sheamus is beyond stale), so I have no desire to watch the pre-show.

surrender

Unless I go there live, I just go to a sports bar / family restaurant to enjoy the PPV among others. It's always free to watch, and I buy a good meal when watching as well.
    WWE: IT'S NOT A FANDOM, IT'S A FAMILY
    The Shield on Crack 2: We Are The Champions
    BELIEVE IN AMBROSE
    THE BEST NEWS IS BAD NEWS
    Cena fan for LIFE

Banned

The wwe championship match should be a hard hitting brutal match. Though it sucks Ryback will lose all his momentum after losing yet again too that stale Superman Cena.

The Best In The World vs The Best In The World. Should be a excellent match. That's only if punk shows up though.

Ziggler Vs Del rio: I have no interest what so ever in this match. I just want Ziggler too beat del rio. And then afterwards a Christian Ziggler feud would be very enjoyable.

Aj vs kaitlyn: This should be a great match. I have not been this interested in a divas match since Michelle McCool vs Layla.

And the Midcard title matches should be awesome as well. I don't remember the last time the titles have actually had a storyline behind them. It's great not too see thrown together title matches.

Except for Punk turning baby and winning and Cena winning, I see every single heel winning tonight. They are in smart mark territory and it's a bad place for babyfaces to win as a good chunk of the fans hate the faces so it defeats purpose of victory. Cena and Punk definitely win. Out of those two, I give a small chance for Ryback winning. Maybe we don't get Bryan-Cena as soon as we want or they add Ryback to mix and we get Ryback-Cena-Bryan at MITB or Summerslam, but I could see Ryback winning so it extends the feud with Cena as WWE probably doesn't see anybody as of right now ready to fight Cena at MITB. I could also see Cena-Ryback part 3 at MITB which is the epitome of lame. That would be if Ryback wins. If Cena wins, I lean towards triple threat or Bryan-Cena. Sheamus is the only other baby who wins, but that's the pre-show. Shield redeem themselves to be strong again with Ambrose over Kane and Orton taking pinfall to Shield. Orton/Bryan proceed to fight post-match and leads to match-up/feud over next week or two or maybe even leads to MITB contest. Axel takes the IC Championship. Ziggler goes over Rio. AJ goes over Kaitlyn. I do see the show being solid and I also see an awesome Summer ahead of us. Bryan-Cena hopefully at MITB and Punk-Lesnar at Summerslam. I don't see Bryan beating Cena the first time they meet, but eventually like in September or October, Bryan will get his big win over Cena.

Also, Cena-Ryback and Punk-Jericho better be separated by more than one match if they want Cena-Ryback to get somewhat of a positive response. They should be two or three matches removed from each other. Put Cena-Ryback on fourth and Punk-Jericho last. The focus this summer should be on continuing to make Bryan even bigger and The Shield elevating tag and US championships to status Punk did with WWE Championship. I wouldn't split the Shield for at least another 6 months. But, I'd want to ideally keep them together for another year or two. This will be a good show, but not worth 55 bucks. I see the entire Summer being truly set tonight with all the different angles to come.

I'm excited for the show, but nah, I'm not ordering. I'll watch it, but with the Heat/Spurs game on tonight, I wouldn't plop down $55 for it.

tis not right in the head whocares's Avatar

Random question: Considering what day it is today... does anybody else think something crazy might happen to Vince tonight? I sense an exploding something or other in his future...

Anyways, won't be ordering the PPV... Never do... But I will be paying close attention to the results. Hoping for a Title change... and a CM Punk no-show. Hey, if anybody could get away with a no-show... it's the WWE... Especially if they replace him with a Brock Lesnar.

I just don't see that happening. If that did happen, there'd be a fucking riot. I mean a literal riot either inside or outside the venue. It'd be so dumb and quite frankly messed up to pretty much say " Fuck you " to one of the biggest markets and more importantly, one of WWE's biggest fanbases. Brock wouldn't be enough. Nothing WWE could come up with could make up for Punk no showing.

Not ordering because the WWE only gets my money for the Rumble and Wrestlemania.

In saying, I believe this has the potential to be the best WWE PPV so far and I'm interested to see how Ryback/Cena, Punk/Jericho & Shield/RKNo! plays out.
    Pimpin' Ain't Easy

since i don't have the paying option i'll be watching it on my PC. Happy ordering
    Last edited by 61zone; 06-16-2013 at 05:45 PM.

I'm pretty much the same way, Pete. Ever since 2009, WWE only gets my money for Wrestlemania and maybe 1 or two at a maximum other PPV's a year. I'm not a Rumble match guy. Blasphemy, I know. I'll watch it, but it was more entertaining when I was 7 or 8 or even 11 or 12. For the other 1 or 2 a year I order, it's typically either MITB or Summerslam. But, tonight should be a solid show. Just a couple re-matches that should be good, but doesn't make the show must-see. The only thing that makes the show must see is Punk's return, but again with that being the only must see thing, that's not worth 55 bucks. Punk's return and solid re-matches are worth 20 bucks. But, not triple that.

I never buy WWE PPV's but I attend on watching.

From 1997 when I started watching to 2008, I watched practically every single PPV. But, not for the last few years. Just Wrestlemania and one or two others. Anything shocking to happen tonight, guys? Or pretty much all predictable?

Thread Information