Thread: Attending a WWE Event Alone

Default Attending a WWE Event Alone

Unfortunately no one I know watches wrestling anymore with the exception of my two younger cousins age 8 and 6 who I got into watching it over the past two years and I can't afford to bring them along with me to Sunday's Payback PPV so I have been debating whether or not to attend the event alone. I don't know if I would enjoy going by myself as I have only gone to events in the past with people so I am not sure exactly what kind of responses I am looking for here besides maybe just some reassurance that I will have a good time. I understand if this topic is removed or whatever for being irrelevant and I apologize if that's the case.

Default Re: Attending a WWE Event Alone

I would feel very awkward at a wrestling event alone.

If it did happen, I would pretend I was a scout or someone who writes articles regarding events.
    - Credit to JV.
    THE KWF

"No WWE talent becomes a legend on their own. Every man's heart one day beats its final beat; his lungs breathe their final breath. And if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the body of others and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory."

RIP WARRIOR

Yeah man bring a notebook and a pen and pretend like you're working

I am not threatened by any man whose name is three letters.

- Damien Sandow
    in response to RVD's return

Break a mop, and dress it up like Moppy. Talk to it throughout the night (optional replacement: Mannequin "Head" )

Quote Originally Posted by Voxtz View Post
    Break a mop, and dress it up like Moppy. Talk to it throughout the night (optional replacement: Mannequin "Head" )
    I like the way you think.

There won't be anybody looking at you thinking you're a loser or anything. You'll be amongst "your people".

If you worry about going places alone, you'll never meet new people.

YOU WILL COMPLY.

Go man and enjoy yourself. You'll get swept up in the atmosphere of the crowd and event itself. I doubt that you'd be the only person there who's gone on their own. Besides, your all going to the same place for the same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am then love me for something i'm not
    Come one, come three and sign up for PW King Of Trios http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=124872

PW Power 25 winner July 2014

The 2014 PW video game draft http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=124821

Greatest Champion Ever The Champ's Avatar

I went to the HoF alone this year. It wasn't that bad and I certainly don't regret going.

I'm not sure I would get a ticket to this show, though. If you think the return of Punk alone is worth the price, then absolutely go. If not, I wouldn't.

But then again, I've been to countless events over the years; if you haven't been to one in a while, you should go.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Almost every time the WWE comes to town, I go alone. I couldn't enjoy it more. Best way to go, in my opinion. Don't be stupid enough to blow this opportunity for yourself.

I would have no qualms about going on my own, try to initiate conversation with someone around you if they seem cool, if there isn't anyone you feel you want to talk to, just enjoy the show!
    For each a road
    For everyman a religion
    Find everybody and rule
    Fuck everything and rumble
    Forget everything and remember
    For everything a reason
    Forgive everybody and remember

I went to Raw alone back in 2007 I think( taker vs batista wm 23 was building). Anyway showed up early and bonded with some fans at the area where the wrestlers show up. The security ensured us that all the wrestlers had been there since early that morning and we were wasting our time. A little while later a Mercedes pulls up followed by a range rover. Fucking Undertaker and Batista!!!! I got both autographs and a pic with Taker. It was awesome. The show was ok too. Trump was there. Main event was HBK & Cena vs Taker & Batista. Go and have a good time.

Also I went to No Mercy 2008 with my mom after my brother and college friends refused to go. Trust me, that was much worse than going by yourself.

If nobody wanted to go with me I would personally just watch it on television because to me going to something like that alone just wouldn't be fun cuz you wouldn't have anyone to share the experience with..

but that's just me and you shouldn't be embarrassed for going alone, nobody is going to care or notice anyways..

I've done it. Who cares is you are alone? Once the matches start, you will be occupied on the action.

I've gone to some wrestling events alone and with other people and I enjoyed them either way. In my experience, things like a wrestling event, a movie or a football game don't require you to have company. I mean, you're there to watch the show not socialize. I actually prefer going to stuff like that either by myself or with someone who knows to keep their piehole shut until after its over.

If you want to go, go. The only person that is going to care or probably even think about being there alone is you. Once the show starts you will enjoy the experience and wonder why it was ever a doubt that you were going to go in the first place.

2013 TBG Poster of the Year

Scotland, Celtic and FC Basel
    CELTIC (SPFL CHAMPIONS 2013/14)
    FC BASEL (SSL CHAMPIONS 2013/2014; SWISS CUP FINALISTS)

Who cares what others think. The only person that will have an issue with one going to an event by themselves is you! Once you are in the arena you are not alone -- you are surrounded by fans. For those 3 hours you won't even think you are by yourself. It's only when you leave that you will think about it which you shouldn't do anyways because it will cloud your judgement on the event you just saw.

The one time I went to an event by myself was the RAW in Dallas right before WM 27. I got the tickets last minute from a friend and scalped the other one. After the show I raced over to Walmart where I met Triple H.

Go for it. I went to a concert alone once, and enjoyed the music just fine. It's more fun going with someone but once the show starts you don't care so much. None of my friends are interested in going to WWE so I started taking my father, who never watched it but now enjoys going. Maybe someone would be willing to go with you if you buy their ticket? Just get the cheapest seats if you have to. And if you buy your tickets at the venue it will be even cheaper (no TicketBastard fees). Either way I hope you go and enjoy the show. I think PPVs are very enjoyable live even if the card is not the best.

Thread Information