Thread: One Thing WWE does right

Default One Thing WWE does right

So its been atleast a few years since WWE has gone PG and dubbed itself " family entertainment". While the overall quality of the product is questionable at times one thing I've noticed is that the ticket prices have gone down which I believe lends itself great to a family event. Hell, I got into a house show last year featuring Jericho, cm punk, kane, etc. for $15 bucks. I plan on doing the same here in a couple months. I really do believe that WWE is a great value when it comes to live entertainment. Now if they would realize that PPV is far to expensive. hahaha

That is all. Any thoughts?

Default Re: One Thing WWE does right

You get what you pay for..

Greatest Champion Ever The Champ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    You get what you pay for..
    The OP said he paid 15 bucks and had a great experience. I'd say that's getting more than he paid for.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

While I agree that fifteen dollars is amazing for a house show (I wish it was that cheap when they toured here!) you do have to bear in mind that some of the time the card is really rather weak. I saw a show last weekend which was main evented by Big E vs Del Rio which is not exactly star power.

But yes, it definitely is a smart marketing strategy when wrestling isn't exactly the hottest ticket going. They do definitely focus on the idea that it's affordable for the whole family - I know this from having watched/listened to a number of AJ & Dolph's morning media tours!

Quote Originally Posted by HR View Post
    While I agree that fifteen dollars is amazing for a house show (I wish it was that cheap when they toured here!) you do have to bear in mind that some of the time the card is really rather weak. I saw a show last weekend which was main evented by Big E vs Del Rio which is not exactly star power.

But yes, it definitely is a smart marketing strategy when wrestling isn't exactly the hottest ticket going. They do definitely focus on the idea that it's affordable for the whole family - I know this from having watched/listened to a number of AJ & Dolph's morning media tours!

I guess there is a Star Power difference between Raw and Smackdown. Either way I would enjoy the show. But whether smackdown or Raw its a hell of a deal. I just got done paying 60 bucks a piece for some "nose bleeds" for UFC Fox 8. Hopefully I don't regret that. One think I will say, i would prefer a main event of big e vs del rio over this piece of shit mighty mouse demetrius johnson vs little mexican dude thing that the UFC has booked.

I'm just saying that Marc has a point. It's all very well for WWE to spin it as "family value" but they would never have been doing this in years gone by so it's far from benevolence. Obviously live wrestling is going to be fun no matter what but I'd say that this card:

Usos vs PTP
    Gabriel vs Hunico
    Axel vs Sheamus
    AJ/Aksana vs Alicia/Layla
    A-Ri vs Heath Slater
    Khali vs Jinder
    Big E vs Del Rio

is barely a $15 card, and I'm not the sort of person who is obsessed with star power and actually take a pretty close interest in the lowcard guys.

I'd leave after the Sheamus match to be fair

I don't find myself feeling priced out by WWE to be honest, I can get to a WWE show over here with good seats for 30 ($47), if I want a shirt which is once about every 6 months I'd say, last purchase being the Knees to Faces Punk one, next one probably being the CM Punk yellow GTS one and Dolph Ziggler Stealing the show ones both can be bought for under 25 together, that's not bad for 2 shirts. Then there are PPV's which over here when not part of our already paid for Sky Package (we average 3-4 a year now, that number has decreased by year) we can get for 14.95 ($24) and WrestleMania was 20 this year I believe and on the Blu-Ray front because I will only ever buy a Blu ray after cough previewing it un cough thats only 15 a pop also and everything else I just keep as cough preview files on my hard drive un cough so I dont really find being a WWE fan expensive personally, the highest expense is the WWE game at 45 odd pound a year and thats not including any items bought as presents.

Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    The OP said he paid 15 bucks and had a great experience. I'd say that's getting more than he paid for.
    Yeah, but I was using the ''overall quality of the product is questionable'' as part reasoning for my answer.

Hell, the last house show I went to the WORST card i've ever seen yet it was actually the dearest i've ever paid to see WWE. In that sense i certainly did not get what I paid for.

They're pushing new stars and main eventers (Del Rio, Sheamus, Shield, Ziggler, etc.) and I appreciate their work to The Make A Wish Foundation, Susan G. Komen, and other charities. I also approve of Helmsley's changes to the company as McMahon has been out of touch for years. And of course, getting Rock and Brock to come back.

I'm just saying that Marc has a point. It's all very well for WWE to spin it as "family value" but they would never have been doing this in years gone by so it's far from benevolence. Obviously live wrestling is going to be fun no matter what but I'd say that this card:

Usos vs PTP
    Gabriel vs Hunico
    Axel vs Sheamus
    A-Ri vs Heath Slater
    Khali vs Jinder
    Big E vs Del Rio

is barely a $15 card, and I'm not the sort of person who is obsessed with star power and actually take a pretty close interest in the lowcard guys.
    Yeah, Id spend my $15 elsewhere.

I'm just saying that Marc has a point. It's all very well for WWE to spin it as "family value" but they would never have been doing this in years gone by so it's far from benevolence.

Usos vs PTP
    Gabriel vs Hunico
    Axel vs Sheamus
    A-Ri vs Heath Slater
    Khali vs Jinder
    Big E vs Del Rio
    Wow, that card makes the cruddy one I went to in Bethlehem, PA look like a PPV.

If the ticket prices drop it's because attendance is down. Not because they are being generous.

Greatest Champion Ever The Champ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StonewalBrigade View Post
    If the ticket prices drop it's because attendance is down. Not because they are being generous.
    Obviously, but there are also plenty of venues with suffering attendance that HAVEN'T lowered ticket prices any.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Thread Information