View Poll Results: Would you give Rey Mysterio a final world title run if his knees were better?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 30.00%
  • No

26 65.00%
  • Maybe

2 5.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you give Mysterio a last heavyweight title run if...

Default Would you give Mysterio a last heavyweight title run if...

...his knee's weren't so fucked up? Kinda like what they did with Mark Henry, Kane, Big show and Edge but his by accident in a way. If his knee's were okay I dunno if he'd be close to retirement, I'd imagine he would but it's too bad he can't get a final thank you run or whatever they are because his world title runs haven't exactly been that great.
    BEST AVATAR IN THE WORLD!
    The winner of Summerfest!'s Signature Face-Off!
    Thanks to all who give rep

Banned

Default Re: Would you give Mysterio a last heavyweight title run if...

No way. Rey Mysterio is done. I would hate it if he came came back full time. And I would give up on wwe if Mysterio had another title run.

If his knees weren't fucked up, sure. Why not?

But as is, there's no way. He'd win it, and probably dislocate his knee getting out of the ring.

PW Tag Team Champion!! HilaryFan's Avatar

Its a mute point because his knees ARE fucked. Thus, I answered your poll with a resounding NO down to that fact

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

Yes specially if it meant spear would stop watching.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

WWE has never had any clue how to book Mysterio as a main-eventer, so I'm going to go ahead and say no. Even if he were healthy, there is no way WWE would do a good job with it because they haven't done a good job with any of his previous three World Championship reigns.

If they could book Rey worth a damn, I wouldn't mind it as much. I've never hated the idea of smaller guys being top-card heavyweight champions. But the booking just never works out right, and it ends up being a horrible chore to watch. So ... no thanks!

The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

No. Even if Rey's knees weren't fucked up you'd still have to assume he'd be doing his current style as opposed to the lucha libre style that made him famous, and because of that, I wouldn't want to see him as a prominent part of the promotion. I don't think he's currently very entertaining in the ring at all, and he doesn't have the gravitas to be world heavyweight champ IMO.

"I've seen a million people die, it's up to us to stop the war."

I wouldn't give him another title run. I would give him a great retirement fued and angle however.

Banner Credit: Spike

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Nichols View Post
    I wouldn't give him another title run. I would give him a great retirement fued and angle however.
    Agreed. He deserves a proper retirement, definite hall of famer, but he isn't up for another title run. In my opinion Ray wasn't a great champion. We loved him as the great underdog, but Rey as Champ was rather ho-hum.

Wipe him down with gasoline, till his arms are hard and mean.
    From now on boy this iron boat's your home.

Rey should never have been champion more than once. That in itself was more than enough for a guy of his size and limited appeal.

Therefore, in regards to your poll, no.

Special thanks to Just Plain Cunt for this awesome banner!

If they were going to entertain the thought of making him champ again, I would put the IC or US titles on him first, and see how he wrestles and how the crowd reacts to him. And then take it from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Nichols View Post
    This.

He's 38 years old, and has been wrestling for 24 years. The mileage on his body, especially his knees, considering the style he has wrestled must be insane, and that's even before you consider the major injuries he's suffered. Really think his next comeback should be his final run. I think WWE has proven over the last couple of years that they can do just fine without him in a top spot, and they have another Latino star for that market (Alberto Del Rio), so unless he's in a top spot, I don't think further wear and tear on his body is worth it at this point. Even despite the poor quality of his previous World Champioship runs, there's really nothing left for Rey to achieve.

As far as a retirement angle goes, logic would say it would be against Sin Cara, in a "passing the torch" kind of thing. God knows what the promos would be like though...

Quote Originally Posted by Damon View Post

As far as a retirement angle goes, logic would say it would be against Sin Cara, in a "passing the torch" kind of thing. God knows what the promos would be like though...
    I think Del Rio would be a good last feud for Mysterio, now that they're both faces it could be more about respect. We never did get a 1-on-1 PPV match between Rey and Alberto, so Wrestlemania seems like the best chance for it.

Special thanks to Just Plain Cunt for this awesome banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Damon View Post
    This.
    Have Ricardo Rodriquez turn on Del Rio, become Sin Cara's manager, and do interpreting and speaking for him. It would help Sin Cara a good bit as Ricardo seems to be pretty over right now. I think he gets louder pops than ADL.

Wipe him down with gasoline, till his arms are hard and mean.
    From now on boy this iron boat's your home.

I consider when Cena beat him for the wwe title right after he won it his last little hurrah with main event gold.

Last Call

Maybe. If they did an angle where Rey had to take off his mask and retire the next time he lost a match (ala Flair 2008). He puts his career up against the WWE Title at Summerslam in LA (high Hispanic crowd). He wins the title and then after his poetic win he gets cashed in on and loses the title and his career in an instant.
    Vote godAM and WrestlingMVP for TT KOTF

Cenamark's avatar makes me laugh HARD.

I like GodAm's idea though. I was always adamantly against unmasking the luchadores, but I wouldn't mind seeing a maskless WWE run for Rey to finish out his career in a good angle. It would definitely put a young heel over to be the man that not only unmasked Rey, but also retired him. Some good heat there.

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HilaryFan View Post
    Its a mute point because his knees ARE fucked.
    Pretty much.

It would be something to consider, but as the situation exists, the guy really needs to hang it up.

Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice on Daniel Bryan
    I don't want to see his face anymore. It makes me want to die.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Honestly I'd just bring him back to have one last feud with Dean Ambrose over the U.S. Title since The Shield supposedly took him out. If he's ready by SummerSlam, book a feud and match. He wins but is taken out by The Shield again and has to vacate the belt and only resurfaces before WrestleMania where he and Ambrose finish their feud and have a rematch where Ambrose wins and retires him.

I have less than zero interest in a Sin Cara vs. Rey Mysterio match right now. A couple of years ago, maybe but not anymore.

If they want Rey to pass on the torch to another guy his size then just call up Adrian Neville (Pac).

Back for the first time. T-Money's Avatar

I would love to see Hunico get a shot at Rey Mysterio as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    Honestly I'd just bring him back to have one last feud with Dean Ambrose over the U.S. Title since The Shield supposedly took him out. If he's ready by SummerSlam, book a feud and match. He wins but is taken out by The Shield again and has to vacate the belt and only resurfaces before WrestleMania where he and Ambrose finish their feud and have a rematch where Ambrose wins and retires him.

I have less than zero interest in a Sin Cara vs. Rey Mysterio match right now. A couple of years ago, maybe but not anymore.

If they want Rey to pass on the torch to another guy his size then just call up Adrian Neville (Pac).
    Would you consider Neville as being the same size as Mysterio? Neville is a bit taller and a lot more jacked.

Definitely agree that I've lost interest in the Cara/Rey match.

surrender

Okay not the same size then but they're still both high flyers and whatnot. Neville deserves the Mysterio rub more than Sin Cara.

Yes, his last world title should not be the one where John Cena beat him on the same night Mysterio won the damn thing!

No. All of these "thank you" reigns and "trial runs" is what helped water down the status of the World Heavyweight Title in recent years.

But I would give him a run as Intercontinental Champion, so that he can help rebuild the midcard divisions and make the title look more prestigious/important by giving it a rub with the star power that he has.

His knees being fine would mean his matches would improve exponentially. Taking that into account, he'd be one of the most over in the company, so I'd absolutely give him a DECENT run with the title.

Thread Information