Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The NXT Discussion Thread

Default The NXT Discussion Thread

Can we rename this The NXT Thread? We need a meeting point!

Just a couple of notes.

NXT tapes its next batch of episodes tonight.

The new development center opens in a couple of weeks.

I am watching this week's NXT (we get it on TV because we're awesome) and it warms my heart to hear Ole! chants at the start of Generico/Hawkins. The look he gave the crowd when it started was even better. Well played smarks!

Default Re: The FCW Thread

The promo between Sami Zayn & Antonio Cesaro was wonderfully multillingual. I loved it. Arabic, French and English. Very cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    I'll be honest, I'll probably chant CM Punk in Brooklyn again.

I'm a follower.

This will stay in my sig until John Cena vs. The Rock----THRICE AS NICE. Or until I don't think it's funny anymore.

Default Re: The FCW Thread

Sami had a nice debut. Two good matches in one night and the promo/storyline with Cesaro was good.

surrender

Default Re: The NXT Discussion Thread

Sami was fine but he didn't particularly stand out to me. For the moment he's in the same category as Kassius Ohno for me, there's nothing to be critical of but if I didn't know about their history I wouldn't be buying into the hype yet.

Enzo Amore made a much bigger impression on me as a character/star. There wasn't much to his match because it was Mason Ryan but I thought his promo and look were fantastic. Ba da boom, coolest guy in the room! is a money catchphrase.

Default Re: Comments That Don't Require Their Own Thread

Oh, I'm launching a pre-emptive strike on the "IWC and indy marks overhyped Sami Zayn. He's not that great." sentiment that will inevitably arise.

You are mistaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    I'll be honest, I'll probably chant CM Punk in Brooklyn again.

I'm a follower.

This will stay in my sig until John Cena vs. The Rock----THRICE AS NICE. Or until I don't think it's funny anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by HR View Post
    Sami was fine but he didn't particularly stand out to me. For the moment he's in the same category as Kassius Ohno for me, there's nothing to be critical of but if I didn't know about their history I wouldn't be buying into the hype yet.
    I didn't think his ring work was mind-blowing on the show either but I thought both matches were still good, and he came across as really likable. I could see him getting very over with the crowd.

On a side note, they taped another match with him and Cesaro at tonight's tapings, which I'm expecting will be an even better match than their first.

surrender

Default Re: Comments That Don't Require Their Own Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    Oh, I'm launching a pre-emptive strike on the "IWC and indy marks overhyped Sami Zayn. He's not that great." sentiment that will inevitably arise.

You are mistaken.
    I never said he was overrated. Heaven help someone just look at something on it's merits. I know he's a great wrestler, but those matches were just fine without being anything mindblowing. I thought Hawkins looked basically equally as good.

Quote Originally Posted by LS
    I didn't think his ring work was mind-blowing on the show either but I thought both matches were still good, and he came across as really likable. I could see him getting very over with the crowd.
    The moment when he held out his hand for the little girl and she had to be convinced by her dad to touch him was very cute!

Mason Ryan vs Enzo Amore was fucking awesome....this Amore fella has Big Vito/Nunzio type of mic work with him. Mason Ryan's long hair is just a savvy look and as Regal said it best, "What a Specimen, What a Fighter". Indeed....he flat out destroyed a promising challenger. The future is fucking bright for the Welsh Destroyer indeed and I am loving it.

- Justin Valuable

Blindy's V&G Reviews: Shovel Knight
    Next:

Obviously Triple H has bought into the hype and will probably be pushing Zayn to the NXT main-event as the next big babyface. I don't know, it was cool. But is it just me or are there too many guys on the roster now with hairy chests? I'll say thin though, it felt natural to support him as a babyface, not like I'm forced to like him.

I loved Enzo. Has a lot of potential to be a mid-card serious-but-comedic guy.

Tony Dawson was annoying me more than usual though. I was rolling my eyes when he started talking about Swiss Army Knives. But to his credit, he is starting to learn names of moves and stuff.

And Emma's my girl! Love her. Doot doot da doot doot doot doot...
    ┒O┎

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    it felt natural to support him as a babyface, not like I'm forced to like him.
    Same vibe I got too for some reaosn.

And yeah Emma was hilarious on the recent episode, as she always is. I really hope she wins the championship at the next taping.
    Last edited by LS; 05-23-2013 at 11:49 PM.

surrender

Banned

I loved Zayn's debut and it's nice to see him working with Cesaro again. Enzo Amore was hilarious. And Graves and Wyatt are two of my favourite NXT regulars. So on the whole, great instalment.

I know JR is a big fan of Amore, easy to see why.

He does have some dumb ass tattoos though. Ultramantis Black dumb.
    baboosh

Loved the classy exchange between Cesero and Zayn nice touch.

Reading the spoilers for the NXT tapings actually makes me want to watch it more.

I will never understand why "they" think Cesaro is boring plus the guy speaks five fucking languages that's PR gold.

PS: Emma is fucking awesome.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Cesaro is consistently awesome. I don't understand why people say he's boring.

surrender

Oh yeah Mason Ryan still fucking sucks...

And LS I don't understand it either I just hope we have not seen the peak of his WWE career.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    Because something something 5 languages something something ok wrestling something something
    baboosh

Enzo Amore last week and Sylvester Lefort this. NXT is loaded with sleazy dudes and I love it.

His tag team is jobberrific but he looks like a star.

Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    WWE creative resorting to the oldest cliche gimmick in wrestling.

The arrogant foreign guy.

One of the best workers on the roster, let down by a drab gimmick and paint by number storylines.
    Last edited by Big Pete; 05-31-2013 at 01:21 AM.

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    Because something something 5 languages something something ok wrestling something something
    I don't watch NXT so I don't know what he's doing there, but his character on the main programming just does absolutely nothing for me (and I'm sure the same applies to many others).

It's really not a hard concept to grasp.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Well this week kinda sucked. Overload on the big stiffs like Tamina, Mason Ryan and Conor O'Brian meant that the ringwork was pretty terrible.

Bookends of the show were decent though, with Big E continuing to show his infectious charisma. Him calling Bo a geek cracked me up because he came out with it so randomly. This segment really showed Dallas and Langston for the chalk and cheese talents they are. Bo's promo sounded like someone pretending to be a wrestler in their bedroom, mumbling their words with no personality, intensity or charisma...and then when Big E got the mic, his star power couldn't have been more emphasised.

Tag title match was pretty good too but the ending was kinda screwy with Graves and the ref having to stand around for ages because Bray was late with the interference on Ohno, that was only a minor thing.

Yeah, this week episodes did seem kinda stiff.

I enjoyed Big E. and Bo Dallas contract signing and the main event out of everything else. The tournament seems very predictable (Summer Rae all the way).

Also enjoyed Cesaro and Zayn segment, as well as this feud.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list..._pQyXa12qKhM3v

Here are videos of many NXT folk in their promo classes.

Last edited by Stefan; 06-11-2013 at 03:28 AM.

Oliver Grey and Adrian Neville
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqMiw...qKhM3v&index=8

Corey Graves
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-Wjp...KhM3v&index=18

Recently released Percy Watson (in a new stockbrocker gimmick) and Dani
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOjIs...qKhM3v&index=6
    Last edited by Stefan; 06-11-2013 at 03:45 AM.

Neville: "Oh, aye!" Americans, other non-Brits. Neville sounds pretty much like how I talk. The North East of England, for you. Neville's Fred Perry polo is fantastic, btw. Love his partnership with Grey. Gentleman Southerner with a rough North Eastern lad. Quality.

The Ultimate Fic'er
    Pro-Wrestling FEVER
    "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."

Thread Information