Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *Possible Spoilers* When CM Punk returns

Default *Possible Spoilers* When CM Punk returns

From WNZ:
    - There is said to be no laid out program for Brock Lesnar now that the feud with Triple H is over. Some people in the know within WWE are strongly speculating that WWE goes with a babyface CM Punk vs. Lesnar much sooner than later, with the idea of Heyman turning on Punk.
    Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter
    Looks like we might be getting our wish! I have been hoping for this since before Mania and really hope this speculation turns out to be accurate. This would be exactly what I posted about a while back on what I was hoping would happen. I just hope WWE goes with it, which I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't because a face CM Punk winning over Lesnar would pretty much level the playing field between him and Cena as the top babyface, which Vince seems to not want to happen for his adopted love-child.

But on the other hand, it was made clear after Survivor Series that WWE wanted to take better care of Punk and sees how valuable he really is, hence going easy on him between SS and RR and giving him time off now to heal and get to 100%. But I digress. I really hope this happens and am certain I'm not alone in this. True, getting over on Brock doesn't compare to getting over on the Rock, but it's a step in the right direction, I think. Maybe even a tag match with him and HHH(an uneasy alliance) against Brock and Axel would be interesting and also help to get Axel over a bit depending on how he performs.

What do you guys think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Edynol
    And is telling someone to kill themselves better than flaming homosexuals? Yes. If every bigot killed themselves because someone told them to, I think we would be on the verge of world peace! So I commend Punk for supporting world peace. And anyone against world peace should go kill themselves.

Default Re: *Possible Spoilers* When CM Punk returns

I just refuse to buy that Punk is turning face anytime soon, its been under a year since he turned and only a year before that since he turned babyface originally, hes not Kane or Big Show.

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peepshow View Post
    I just refuse to buy that Punk is turning face anytime soon, its been under a year since he turned and only a year before that since he turned babyface originally, hes not Kane or Big Show.
    Well, one would hope that after he turns face this time, he would remain one for the foreseeable future.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Yeah. Frequent face/heel turns never bothered me much. As long as the reason behind the turn is believable, they could turn every other month and it wouldn't bother me. It didn't hurt Austin during his short heel run(though to be honest that was because the world refused to let him be a heel. lol), never hurt Big Show, Vince, and it actually helped Daniel Bryan imo. See, most of us are conditioned to it, I guess. Frequent heel and face turns have been done since the beginning. I mean, look at Randy Savage and Roddy Piper, those two had more heel/face turns than anyone I can think of and they are two of the greatest of all time.
    And is telling someone to kill themselves better than flaming homosexuals? Yes. If every bigot killed themselves because someone told them to, I think we would be on the verge of world peace! So I commend Punk for supporting world peace. And anyone against world peace should go kill themselves.

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

I'm hoping Punk returns a babyface. There's not much left to do as a heel anyway.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

I'm positive CM Punk will return as a babyface after clearing his mind and doing some soul searching. I think Paul Heyman is going to have Brock Lesnar attack him therefore setting the feud in motion.

For the LAWLS!
    - CM Punk corrected one of Curtis Axel’s tweets on Thursday. Curtis tweeted, “Life is good when your a #PaulHeymanGuy!!!”

Punk replied:
    “You’re.”
    Perhaps something will develop between Curt and Punk to transition him to feuding with Brock?

A feud over a spell-check tweet?

Eh, there have been weirder ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    I'll be honest, I'll probably chant CM Punk in Brooklyn again.

I'm a follower.

This will stay in my sig until John Cena vs. The Rock----THRICE AS NICE. Or until I don't think it's funny anymore.

Punk's working the dirtsheets. AGAIN.

The Ultimate Fic'er
    Pro-Wrestling FEVER
    "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    A feud over a spell-check tweet?

Eh, there have been weirder ones.
    Well I have seen people go ape shit over being corrected by grammar nazies, so maybe the feud could have some sort of nerd rage gimmick or something. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Edynol View Post
    Well I have seen people go ape shit over being corrected by grammar nazies, so maybe the feud could have some sort of nerd rage gimmick or something. lol.
    Curtis Axel essentially playing the role of Spoony.

I'd pay money to see that.
    I'll be honest, I'll probably chant CM Punk in Brooklyn again.

I'm a follower.

This will stay in my sig until John Cena vs. The Rock----THRICE AS NICE. Or until I don't think it's funny anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by WMS View Post
    Punk's working the dirtsheets. AGAIN.
    By playing the grammar police though?

Punk, I've really come to expect better of you.

I'd be more then happy for Punk to return as a face though. I've always been keen on a Punk v Brock match but I hate same alignment feuds and the suggestion of Brock turning face sickens me.

Thanks Heteroflexible

Quote Originally Posted by David*Dream* View Post
    By playing the grammar police though?

Punk, I've really come to expect better of you.
    That's the beauty of it. He can do one tiny, little thing and create news.

The Ultimate Fic'er Competitor: Proud Member of Team RT
    • Round 1 Result: Survived, Team RT MVP (Rebooking WrestleMania XXX)
    • Round 1 Result: Survived (Promo, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin)

[π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Believe in the Shield. Lilslimshady's Avatar

I totally believe Punk will turn babyface when he returns. I just hope it's sooner rather than later. He deserves this time off. It's already been six weeks of vacation. I say, give him another 3 weeks and he can return in his hometown at Payback. Or his return can be postponed until July and they can build him against Brock at Summerslam.

I wonder if this vacation will change his mind about coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Steve View Post
    I wonder if this vacation will change his mind about coming back.
    I'm pretty sure he has a little thing called a contract, which ensures that he has to.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

I'm pretty sure he has a little thing called a contract, which ensures that he has to.
    Wrestlers can retire while under contract ...

Not saying he will, but he could.

The Ultimate Fic'er Competitor: Proud Member of Team RT
    • Round 1 Result: Survived, Team RT MVP (Rebooking WrestleMania XXX)
    • Round 1 Result: Survived (Promo, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin)

[π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Believe in the Shield. Lilslimshady's Avatar

I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that his contract expires in 2015. It'll be a sad day when he leaves for good. I'll definitely miss him.

Punk has made a shit load of money, he doesn't have to do anything, at this point in his career. He made that abundantly clear during 2011's Summer of Punk.
    Last edited by Weezl; 05-24-2013 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jericho View Post
    Wrestlers can retire while under contract ...

Not saying he will, but he could.
    Retire meaning not go anywhere else, right?

I seriously doubt he would be content to continue sitting on his ass and going to the odd baseball game.

Bender

There's no way Punk isn't coming back. Really hope the face turn happens, it'll be a breath of fresh air and there are lots of great potential feuds and matches. Punk vs Brock is the obvious, but Punk vs the members of the Shield is something I really want too.

surrender

That's where wrestling fucks a lot of guys over. They do it for so long, to the point, where that's the only thing they can do with their life. Punk seems like a bright guy, why would he want to be the next Ric Flair? and he's probably very aware that there's more to life than pro wrestling.

With his brains and money, he could easily pursue other endeavors. After a few years, I'd imagine the brutal travel schedule isn't going to be worth the hassle of being a WWE superstar.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Steve View Post
    That's where wrestling fucks a lot of guys over. They do it for so long, to the point, where that's the only thing they can do with their life. Punk seems like a bright guy, why would he want to be the next Ric Flair? and he's probably very aware that there's more to life than pro wrestling.

With his brains and money, he could easily pursue other endeavors. After a few years, I'd imagine the brutal travel schedule isn't going to be worth the hassle of being a WWE superstar.
    Sticking around at his current age doesn't mean he'll be the next Flair. With that said, I do think he'll retire in the next few years.

surrender

I think I'll be done with the WWE. Other than the Shield, there isn't anybody worth watching other than a heel Punk. Face Punk sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    Sticking around at his current age doesn't mean he'll be the next Flair. With that said, I do think he'll retire in the next few years.
    No, it doesn't, but a lot of guys get so sucked into the business that they never leave. I like that philosophy of "you get in to get out". It means you can still live your dream of being a pro wrestler, earn a damn good living, and leave before its too late.

Thread Information