Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why did Brock/HHH main event?

Default Why did Brock/HHH main event?

Normally John Cena will main event and go on last but this time the WWE title and John Cena weren't able to somehow overshadow another Brock/HHH fight that just had to main event...I have one theory...Ryback, thats the only reason I can think they didn't have the title match as the last match on the card, I can't think of any other reason. Even though HHH/Brock part 3 was completely lack luster and to me didn't have any crowd reaction leading up to it.
    BEST AVATAR IN THE WORLD!
    The winner of Summerfest!'s Signature Face-Off!
    Thanks to all who give rep

Default Re: Why did Brock/HHH main event?

Cena's first PPV as champion and he doesn't close meanwhile he spent the last year closing with no title. Such a shame. Titles use to mean something. It was much more fun when they did.

Banned

Because the only thing more important than the John Cena Championship is the Triple H championship.

To be fair, people would have been going spare if that Cena/Ryback non-finish ended the PPV.

If they finished a PPV with a non-ending, the anger would've blown the roof off the place. You can get away with that on free TV, but when people fork over money, it's a different story.

I just figured, because it was the Hell In A Cell match. The cell provides the big-time look so its main event.

Wipe him down with gasoline, till his arms are hard and mean.
    From now on boy this iron boat's your home.

Banned

But...it was just a cage match...

Pretty easy to guess why Brock/HHH main evented over Cena/Ryback.First because Brock/HHH was a more well build up match up with two bigger stars finishing off their blood feud.Second is the finish to Cena/Ryback which was terribly lame and would have been a horrible way to end a PPV on and then lastly and most important of all Brock Lesnar work a PPV he wasn't suppose to work.Reports were that the next PPV he was suppose to work was Summerslam against Triple H.But with Taker and Rock gone they had to push their finale match months earlier so for that fact alone the WWE probably wanted to put Brock in that main event spot as a thank you for working the PPV.

tis not right in the head whocares's Avatar

Maybe they just put the cage match last because they didn't want eat up any PPV time putting the damn thing away? It does make the ring crew's job a little easier.

Or maybe HHH just wanted to feed his ego?

Or maybe Brock's contract had a 'Mainevent a PPV' clause? Who knows?

Definitely due to the non-finish in Ryback vs Cena. Thought that was obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA Mark
    Definitely due to the non-finish in Ryback vs Cena. Thought that was obvious.
    That doesn't make sense. I mean, why would you want to sour the crowd before the PPV ended? Easier to pick up the crowd after a HHH loss than a BS finish.

If I were as negative about the product as most of you seem to be around here and actually look for things to bitch about, I'd never watch the product. First rule of Wrestling PPVs: If you don't have to end the PPV on a non-finish, don't do it.

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whocares View Post
    That doesn't make sense. I mean, why would you want to sour the crowd before the PPV ended? Easier to pick up the crowd after a HHH loss than a BS finish.
    They didn't want to end with the "BS finish" because they wanted the PPV to end with a guy actually winning. I don't see how that's bad logic.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by The Champ
    They didn't want to end with the "BS finish" because they wanted the PPV to end with a guy actually winning. I don't see how that's bad logic.
    Because that match was literally for nothing. No Title, no career, no nothing. And the bad guy won... so the PPV still doesn't end on a high note. You might as well finish it with the BS finish and send people home wondering what's gonna happen on Raw. Look, they're gonna be mad either way.

Besides, it's not like they haven't ever ended a PPV with a BS finish before. It happens.

When is the last time they ever ended a PPV on a BS finish when they had another main event quality match that they could use to end the show?

And at least this way, the show doesn't end with the fans feeling like they got cheated out of seeing a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Sayer
    When is the last time they ever ended a PPV on a BS finish when they had another main event quality match that they could use to end the show?
    Exactly. When is the last time? That's why it wouldn't be a problem.

And at least this way, the show doesn't end with the fans feeling like they got cheated out of seeing a winner.
    But they still did get cheated... Especially when you consider more people were interested in the Title match anyways.

Exactly. When is the last time? That's why it wouldn't be a problem.
    What? No. There's a reason you don't end the PPV on a No Contest, if you have another main event match to go with.

But they still did get cheated... Especially when you consider more people were interested in the Title match anyways.
    There's absolutely no way you can even attempt to pass this off as a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Sayer
    What? No. There's a reason you don't end the PPV on a No Contest, if you have another main event match to go with.
    What's the reason? They already got people's money. And the BS finish lands the hook to reel people into watching Raw. I'm not seeing how that's bad. I think it's worse to let people know a grudge match means more than the Title.

There's absolutely no way you can even attempt to pass this off as a fact.
    That's because it's an opinion. An opinion based on how much the crowd didn't care for HHH/Lesnar at Wrestlemania. That match-up used up most of its value after the 1st match. Oh, and also the fact that the Cena/Ryback feud was featured way more prominently on Raw during the road to Extreme Rules. Or I could just go the easy route and simply say since John Cena is the WWE... Well, I think you know where I'm going with that one.

To not end a ppv on a dusty finish.

Credit to BezerroBizarro from DeviantArt and Lony for Resisizing!
    http://bezerrobizarro.deviantart.com...oshi-163705876
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    0 days since a Cena fight. C'mon guys we need to at least get it up to two.
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=123457 THE KID VS DOSE MATCH IS ON!!!!

The BS ending was stupid, they've been having Ryback lose all his PPV matches and then we get a 'no-contest' ending to make him look strong and cause the title match to go on second from last

Triple H/Brock would've main evented over Cena/Ryback whether the title match had a clear winner or not.

Because...?

The Crimson Nutcase Tarzan Taborda's Avatar

because ending a PPV with a bad guy winning is still better than ending a PPV with a non-ending.

World's Largest Member Lionhart's Avatar

Because that match was literally for nothing. No Title, no career, no nothing. And the bad guy won... so the PPV still doesn't end on a high note. You might as well finish it with the BS finish and send people home wondering what's gonna happen on Raw. Look, they're gonna be mad either way.

Besides, it's not like they haven't ever ended a PPV with a BS finish before. It happens.
    That's not the first time a bad guy has won the main event match.

Lesnar/Trips main evented Summerslam, and the WWE title match actually did have a finish at that show. I don't recall anyone complaining about that one. In fact, I can give you so many examples where this has happened; this one shouldn't be in question though, because the WWE title match actually DID have a non-finish. And a nonsensical one at that, since there wasn't even a ten count.

Spoiler

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

As others have said, it's still better to end it with the bad guy winning than ending it on a non-finish.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Thread Information