Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If You Had The Chance...

Default If You Had The Chance...

First off, not sure if this should be posted here, in general wrestling, or in history of wrestling but...

If you had the chance to attend one WWE event in the past either a PPV or a specific Raw or Smackdown from the past, what would it have been and why would you choose that?

For me ever though there were much more high profile events I would choose Money in the Bank 2011 in my home city of Chicago. I think about it all the time with regret that I didn't get a ticket to that event to be one of the thousands cheering Punk's every move and booing Cena mercilessly and getting to see live Punk walk out with the WWE Title.

Default Re: If You Had The Chance...

Canadian Stampede. It would have been great to be a part of that crowd cheering for the Harts against that no good punk Austin.

Banned

Money in the Bank 2011. That was the first time, in a long time, that I genuinely enjoyed the hell out of a WWE event. The Summer of Punk gave me a feeling about wrestling that I hadn't felt since the Attitude Era.

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

I wish all the young fans of today could go back and experience the awesomeness of any Attitude Era show back in the day.

Nothing that happens today can compare to the wild Rock concert type shows of the Attitude Era.

I would just go back and revisit some of those shows, or I would go all the way back to attend WM III.

Shout out to Bender for the Bad Ass Bad News Banner!

Banned

From what I remember, I couldn't wait to watch RAW every Monday during the AE.

Quote Originally Posted by BadNewsFan View Post
    I wish all the young fans of today could go back and experience the awesomeness of any Attitude Era show back in the day.

Nothing that happens today can compare to the wild Rock concert type shows of the Attitude Era.

I would just go back and revisit some of those shows, or I would go all the way back to attend WM III.
    Fuck yeah man. I went to SummerSlam 97 and it was a fucking blast. Also went to a Raw at MSG that year I think or 98. Those shows were hella fun. Nothing like what happens today

Easy Wrestlemania XIX. Arguably the best Wrestlemania in history,loaded with all time legends in Hogan,Austin,Rock,Taker,Triple H,Michaels,McMahon,Jericho,Angle,Brock...ect and also had one of my top five favorite matches ever in HBK/Jericho and was the finale match for Austin who still to this day is my all time favorite wrestler.

It really can't be escaped can it.

As for the thread, definitely the Raw when Miz won the WWE championship. Seeing my favourite wrestler win the biggest title in the business and how much it meant to him would be a simply fantastic moment to see live.

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am then love me for something i'm not
    Come one, come three and sign up for PW King Of Trios http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=124872

PW Power 25 winner July 2014

The 2014 PW video game draft http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=124821

For me it would be No Way Out 04. I would have loved to see Eddie Guerrero with the WWE Title live as he is by far my favorite wrestler of all-time.

surrender

Greatest Champion Ever The Champ's Avatar

Another WrestleMania, probably. Although this year's was pretty damn special to me, despite being panned by critics.

There's nothing like your first WrestleMania live in the area where you grew up, capped off by your favorite wrestler defeating one of the most iconic figures in the history of the business.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

No Mercy 2002, for the Angle/Benoit vs Edge/Mysterio match and Taker vs Lesnar main event.

Wrestlemania X-Seven because it was probably the greatest Wrestlemania of all time, and it had maybe my favorite match of all time in Angle vs Benoit.

WrestleMania X8... Hulk Hogan vs. the Rock for the first time. Or maybe WrestleMania 19... Jericho/Michaels, McMahon/Hogan street fight, Austin/Rock, Lesnar/Angle and a pretty solid triple treat tag team match... yeah maybe WM 19 for me.

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

Wrestlemania 17
    King of the Ring 1998
    Money in the Bank 2011
    Post Wrestlemania 29 Raw
    Wrestlemania 12

Any of these would be awesome

Probably any show between 1998 and 2001. Wrestlemania 17 would probably be my top pick.

-Fresh Prince-
    Chief Ass Whooper of Sorry Sons of Bitches! - Stone Cold Steve Austin

Either Wrestlemania 6 or 18. Being there for the magic that was Hogan vs Warrior would've just been awesome.

Wrestlemania 27. It was in Atlanta and for years and years I was wanting wrestlemania to come to my home town. When Wrestlemania finally came to Atlanta I had joined the Coast Guard and was unable to attend. I would also use my future knowledge to warn John Cena about the Rock's treachery and that way he wouldn't get rock bottomed and The Miz would not have become WWE Champ. I'd also warn Cena not to attempt the People's Elbow at WM 28.

Wipe him down with gasoline, till his arms are hard and mean.
    From now on boy this iron boat's your home.

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lony View Post
    WrestleMania X8... Hulk Hogan vs. the Rock for the first time. Or maybe WrestleMania 19... Jericho/Michaels, McMahon/Hogan street fight, Austin/Rock, Lesnar/Angle and a pretty solid triple treat tag team match... yeah maybe WM 19 for me.
    Man I was actually at both of those shows, I can't even describe the excitment in the air of those shows.

I would absolutely love to relive both those shows.

Shout out to Bender for the Bad Ass Bad News Banner!

Tied to the tree of woe WickedOne's Avatar

Well, I saw Raw 1000 live, and that was a great show! But, when I look back, I would have loved to be at any ECW show from around 95-98. The same could be said for WCW Nitro or PPV from mid 96 through all of 98. Attitude era show were fun as hell, and I regret not going to several WWF ppvs at the time. The ones that stand out because I could have gone are: Over the Edge 99 and Bad Blood 97.

SummerSlam 92, because it was at Wembley and Bret Hart was in the main event against Davey Boy! Or In Your House - Canadian Stampede, just being at there for the Hart Foundation vs Austin, Goldust, Shamrock and LOD would have been awesome!! Or WrestleMania X7...purely because it's my favourite PPV of all time!

!!!!!!!!!SUPER LEEDS!!!!!!!!!

Just going to go for the obvious answer of the greatest pay per view of all time. WrestleMania 17. I'd rather be predictable than try too hard to be different. It had everything, I could never be disappointed.

"Did you hear the one about the man, who can't be destroyed?"

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

MITB '11
    or WMX7
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

I saw Badd Blood live, which is one of the greatest main events of all time.

I also saw No Mercy live, where I got to see my favorite wrestler of all time (Jericho) win his first World Title.

The only other events I'd consider is MITB '11, WM X-7, Bash at the Beach 96 and Raw 99 in Chicago when Jericho debuted.

#BelieveInTheMods
    [π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

The Monday Night Raw after Wrestlemania in Miami.

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

YOU WILL COMPLY.

Spoiler

Banned

One Night Stand 2006. I waited so long for that title win. Totally worth it.

Night after Wrestlemania 29 2013

Thread Information