Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Curtis Axel

Default Curtis Axel

I've always like Joe Hennig and always wanted him to go by that name but I like the new name paying homage to Dad and Gramps. I am all in on this new push and hope they do things right with him and with Heyman by his side I hope they don't screw this up! He's got the look. the skills, and the epic ring music and mouthpiece! To the moon with Curtis Axel!!! And I'm glad it wasn't an old face brought back with Heyman like RVD re-package a guy you have and do things right.

Nice article about it here http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...in-paul-heyman

Default Re: Curtis Axel

I still wish it was Cesaro but I can deal with perfect jr for now.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

^ I actually think it should have been JTG. Or an NXT debut (Graves or Ohno).

surrender

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

It's smart to put Heyman with a guy who can't talk, I can't argue that.

But I'm still not interested in this at all.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    ^ I actually think it should have been JTG. Or an NXT debut (Graves or Ohno).
    I already gave up on JTG, what a wasted talent, and I want OHNO to come up by himself or with Regal by his side, as for Graves heh I prefer perfect Jr.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Yeah it was exactly how I would have handled how everything went down tonight but give it a bit of time at least.

Fuck the SF Giants! :) SM(Stardust)'s Avatar

Not a fan of Joe, so this doesn't interest me at all. I just find him to be really boring. However, I will wait and see how it goes before I fully judge this. I hope he surprised me, but I doubt he will.

surrender

His "match" with Triple H certainly didn't help things, the guy looked like a wimp.

Quote Originally Posted by milopo View Post
    His "match" with Triple H certainly didn't help things, the guy looked like a wimp.
    Yeah I know Triple H is Triple H but how do you think its right to build up a guy as a new threat by bitching slapping him and have him sit on the mat and do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by milopo View Post
    Exactly, as I said in the Raw thread, the whole thing was nonsensical. They should have had him make a big impression on his debut. What happened tonight? He got slapped and then Triple H started to pass out ON HIS OWN

surrender

As a fan of Perfect Jr., I'm excited as fuck and looking forward to whats to come.

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

BIG..MISTAKE!

I honestly hated it more than the 2 Hornswoggle reveals. Major letdown, there's about a million better options than Mr. Average.

I have no problem with this. One of WWE's bigger problems when it comes to lower talent is giving up on them after a few weeks and replacing them with NXT guys as soon as possible. At least they're giving one of the better wrestlers on the roster a shot, and giving him one hell of a mouthpiece to boot. (Not that McSillyPutty is bad on the mic, he's just not that good either).
    baboosh

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

Bad debut, and I'm sorry to say I don't see anything in this guy.

Shoulda been Cesaro.

Shout out to Bender for the Bad Ass Bad News Banner!

I don't know Curtis Axel well enough to really judge whether he's fit for the role or not. I'm happy the WWE are recycling talent that have been doing the rounds for years now with little luck instead of just throwing a new face on television. But then I'm all for efficiency and sustainability.

However, from reports he is one of the better hands the WWE has that hasn't really received a shot and by pairing him with Heyman he's been given just the boost he needs.

A lot of people wanted Cesaro picked and for good reason, he's a very good prospect. However, I feel like Cesaro can get over with or without Heyman. Unfortunately, the only way I can see that happening is if by chance Cesaro gets over by accident on television because that's the only way the WWE seems to get behind their up and coming talent to any real degree but with his talent that is certainly possible.

Now, if I, the resident arm chair critic was trying to build Cesaro up I'd be as lazy as possible and have him hand-pick a face opponent to have a good undercard feud with and from that gauge where his direction should be. It can be against Daniel Bryan, Evan Bourne, Sin Cara etc. I don't mind, just show me what you've got and give me an idea on how best we can market you.

Because right now, the foreigner gimmick is boring and unfortunately, that's the impression certain WWE officials have of him. At least according to Meltz, and would he lie to me?

But this isn't about our bi-lingual bad-ass.

Right now, what is there to say about Curtis? Oh Lony, Falcy and other Axel enthuasists could you guys be awesome and recommend some matches that best showcase Axel? Prove them doubters wrong so to speak?

That music!

He'll still be just as boring as before, he'll get a slight push before WWE realise this and he goes back to jobbing
    BEST AVATAR IN THE WORLD!
    The winner of Summerfest!'s Signature Face-Off!
    Thanks to all who give rep

Well, if you want something on the goofy side, check out the hilarious McSillyPutty vs Sheamus match from Saturday Morning Slam.

Since I can't find the 30 minute match, have this though.

It makes sense he'd be rewarded with this spot. Not only has he been working his ass off with nothing to show for it, he helped The Rock get 'ring ready' as it were, for Royal Rumble.

baboosh

It was from September 12 last year. He also had a match (in October I think) against Seth Rollins for the NXT Title.

And for anyone looking for the theme.

Dunno if this is the exact theme, but if it isn't it's bloody close.
    baboosh

That entrance music is pretty awesome.

Cesaro just doesn't look or feel like a Heyman guy at all to me. I'm glad they didn't pull that trigger. He looks more like a Lou Albano guy or something.

Chris Jericho: "Proud & excited for the debut of #CurtisAxel! He’s been waitin for this his whole life. Somewhere Mr Perfect is smiling his mischievous grin"

Curt Hawkins: "Couldn't be happier for the former @WWEMcGillicutty ...& don't worry about me guys. Nobody has ever refered to me as "Curtis". I'm ok. #RAW"

Howard Finkel: "Curtis Axel has become a WWE household name over the last 15 min.. Opportunity knocks, and I think that he'll open the door and embrace it"

Ezekiel Jackson: "Curtis axel... Kid deserves it... Congrats bud"

Tyson Kidd: "Curt Axel has some amazing music. Natural from day 1, he doesn't know his own potential. He can go in the ring #Raw"

Dolph Ziggler: "genuinely proud of @WWEMcGillicutty go get em, kid! (curt axel)"

Mick Foley: "I think @RealCurtisAxel has a real shot at getting over. Otherwise, the master (@HeymanHustle) wouldn't be guiding him"

The Bella Twins: "Everything Paul touches turns to gold.... We see money in Curt Axel ���� #RAW"

Lance Storm: "Anyone who thinks Curt Axel as new @HeymanHustle guy is a miss, doesn't understand building to the future. #RAW"

Paul Heyman: "I always wanted to manage @RealCurtisAxel's father. A better-than-Perfect debut tonight! @WWE #RAW"
    baboosh

Not the first guy I would have pick for Paul Heyman new clint,however Joe Henning is hell of talented when it comes to in ring work,I would say without question in the top ten again souly just in in ring talent.So I am glad that he's finally get a legit push and actual gimmick after all of these years.Plus when guys like Rock,Triple H,Brock,Jericho...ect are all backing you thats all I need to know,this guys going to be a credible main event within the next year as long as the rug isn't pulled from under him.

Still think it would be a good idea to bring back the Dangerous Alliance with Heyman,Punk,Brock,Axel,Cearo and Ohno.Hell throw in a returning RVD as well.That group would be money.But the WWE and their writing staff probably don't have the skills to write and book a show with two big times stables.

There are better candidates for me, but there are also worse ones. Not impressed so far, but I'm more than willing to give him a chance.

When they first announced him as Curt Axel, I thought it sounded too much like Kurt Angel. It must have been a mistake because by the end of Raw they seemed to be calling him Curtis Axel. Still, I would have preferred that the name just be Curt Ax. Nice tribute to Pa and Senior like Rock did. Also, I like the last name Ax, like Sam Ax on Burn Notice.

Thread Information