Thread: The Shield....Moving Forward.

Default The Shield....Moving Forward.

Now that they've captured the US and Tag titles, what's next? Do you see them being content with those titles, or will they get more gold (IC, WHC, WWE, MITB)? Will titles split them up, or bring them closer?

Who/What's next for the "Hounds of Justice" as our beloved Michael Cole would say.

Default Re: The Shield....Moving Forward.

I don't see them getting any other titles anytime soon. The IC Title will go to Big E soon enough, and the current World Champions will be holding those for a while.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with them over the summer.

HAYZE

I am hoping they stay together but also do their own things at the same time. Ambrose focusing on singles matches and Rollins and Reigns on tag matches while still have some 3 on 3 matches from time to time to remind people they are still the shield. Maybe even add a few more members and have them dominate leading up to Survivor Series where if they lose they have to disband which would lead to each member breaking out on their own and making names for themselves
    Quote Originally Posted by Edynol
    And is telling someone to kill themselves better than flaming homosexuals? Yes. If every bigot killed themselves because someone told them to, I think we would be on the verge of world peace! So I commend Punk for supporting world peace. And anyone against world peace should go kill themselves.

Believe...

Quote Originally Posted by Edynol View Post
    I am hoping they stay together but also do their own things at the same time. Ambrose focusing on singles matches and Rollins and Reigns on tag matches while still have some 3 on 3 matches from time to time to remind people they are still the shield. Maybe even add a few more members and have them dominate leading up to Survivor Series where if they lose they have to disband which would lead to each member breaking out on their own and making names for themselves
    The Shield do not need to add any more members. They are fine as they are, they've got all the bases covered. Adding more members would just dilute it.

Credit to DC for the hometown hero trophy

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am then love me for something i'm not
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRed View Post
    Why don't you all just venture to Ohio and we can have one big, incestuous orgy.
    Winner of WWE Hometown Heroes at PW Mania X

I don't know, but I hope they have those titles for a real, long time!

I'm not sure what will happen with the Shield.

I like that they're booked strong, but now I think that they've been booked TOO strongly, and the midcard belts will be non factors in their hands because we can't buy anyone as a believable threat to them.

The U.S. Title has been the new European/TV Title, the belt for the lower midcard to fight over ever since TLC 2011 back when Ryder won it. Because Ambrose has been booked so strongly, he has no believable contenders for the title without big names having to step down (and imo, the bigger names should be no lower than IC level at the lowest). Either Ambrose will completely squash the entire midcard or he'll be working with the main event guys in (conveniently) non-title feuds. If the uppercarders DO go after the U.S. belt, then all the matches will have overly contrived finishes in order to keep the belt on Ambrose (so that the "stars" don't get "tied down" with a "lesser" belt) without making the "stars" from looking weak (see Miz vs. Cesaro, Cena vs. Ziggler for the Blue Briefcase). There are no credible faces to face Ambrose apart from the main eventers. Once WWE feels like pushing a new midcard face, Ambrose will like drop the belt in a "fluke" and forget about it.

Likewise with the tag titles, Reigns and Rollins have no competition apart from pairing more random main eventers together, which really doesn't solve the problem that the tag division has been in, an issue that's actually been going on ever since Kofi/Truth had the belts.

WWE has neglected its midcard so badly that the fans have been conditioned to think "midcarder = jobber". So the only way the fans won't disregard a wrestler is if WWE pushes them hard in the main event scene.

A huge problem with The Shield right now is that WWE doesn't actually push people in the midcard anymore. WWE doesn't care about the midcard. They don't make the fans care about guys as midcarders. Instead they push them into the main event scene to condition the fans into thinking that they're "stars", and then send them DOWN into the midcard (or in the case of Alex Riley, send them down to jobberland with the idea that people beating him gives them some type of rub based on his past booking and remarkable ability to stay over with the fans). In the eyes of the fans, they're not really "midcarders" so much as they're just "main eventers who aren't fighting for the World Titles".

The Shield are now in that same spot that The Miz, Wade Barrett, and to a lesser extent Cody Rhodes, are in. It's not their time to be world champions yet, but since they've already been established through programs with main event talent, they're stuck lingering in this weird limbo where they're way above the rest of the midcard.

@TempestH - I agree with most of what you said. There's just one part I don't entirely agree, your look on the belts. It seems what you're saying is, for example, a Cena with no belt is more credible than a Cena with the US, IC, or WHC belt. Titles don't bring people down or label them as certain tier performer. It's the opposite. Its the person that defines the belt. I guarantee you that if, for example, CM Punk battled DB for the US title, it would be bigger than the WWE title if say Miz and Ryder were feuding over it. That's the way I see it anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edynol
    And is telling someone to kill themselves better than flaming homosexuals? Yes. If every bigot killed themselves because someone told them to, I think we would be on the verge of world peace! So I commend Punk for supporting world peace. And anyone against world peace should go kill themselves.

Thread Information