Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RAW Rating Falls So WWE's Solution is: Bret Hart Appreciation Night!

Default RAW Rating Falls So WWE's Solution is: Bret Hart Appreciation Night!

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/bret-ha...n-night-may-27

When Raw rolls into Calgary on May 27, The Stampede City’s favorite son will be coming home. WWE Hall of Famer Bret “Hit Man” Hart will be in attendance at the Scotiabank Saddledome, WWE.com has confirmed.

It has also been announced that the May 27 edition of WWE’s three-hour spectacular will be “Bret Hart Appreciation Night,” paying tribute to the five-time WWE Champion’s illustrious career. What the celebration will entail is not known yet.

For more details on Bret Hart Appreciation Night as they become available, be sure to check WWE.com and tune in to Raw, Mondays at 8/7 CT.
    This week's poor rating has Vince scared, so what does he do? Bring back Bret Hart for no good reason. I hate it when they do these Appreciation Nights. The HBK one was stupid, the JR one was too. I think there was a Pat Paterson one scheduled last year but Lawler had the heart attack so they cancelled it. The only positive is that maybe Ryback will get to Shell Shock Bret or something.

Default Re: RAW Rating Falls So WWE's Solution is: Bret Hart Appreciation Night!

No good reason? I expect they'd have done it regardless. They did it with Foley last year if I recall and Calgary is the heartland of the Hart family.

Default Re: RAW Rating Falls So WWE's Solution is: Bret Hart Appreciation Night!

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    The only positive is that maybe Ryback will get to Shell Shock Bret or something.
    or Shield bring justice in Canada

Banned

Shawn Michaels appreciation was a mostly off-camera affair. I don't even remember the JR appreciation night.

What's the issue here? How is this a thread?

PW members have too many stones throw Coco and not enough threads to do it in.

Maybe they should convert to another fed?

Bret ain't getting a Shell Shock, the guy is old and a stroke victim.

I have no desire to ever see him on TV again, but alas.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/bret-ha...n-night-may-27

This week's poor rating has Vince scared, so what does he do? Bring back Bret Hart for no good reason. I hate it when they do these Appreciation Nights. The HBK one was stupid, the JR one was too. I think there was a Pat Paterson one scheduled last year but Lawler had the heart attack so they cancelled it. The only positive is that maybe Ryback will get to Shell Shock Bret or something.
    How dare they give homage to a legend? Seriously, it's not like the whole show will be centered around him. The show will suck but we all know Bret isn't the reason why. It always sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post

I have a desire to never see Cena again, but it keeps happening every week.

i guess you're right. Bret won't have a beatdown segment with his health. I guess it will be just 30 min boring promo between him, cena and ryballs

Quote Originally Posted by No Quarter View Post
    I have a desire to never see Cena again, but it keeps happening every week.
    Is this thread about Cena?

No?

Okay then.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Maybe if the WWE party thread draws a low turn-out again we can honour Oncall, hr or Stefan?

Or all the great Australian posters...

Just sayin' mates.

My guess is that Bret will appear nonchalant/apathetic about his own appreciation night.

4/10

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 61zone View Post
    i guess you're right. Bret won't have a beatdown segment with his health. I guess it will be just 30 min boring promo between him, cena and ryballs
    Bret Hart has been in the background for two of Cena's best promos of the last year.

Don't hate. Appreciate.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    Maybe if the WWE party thread draws a low turn-out again we can honour Oncall, hr or Stefan?

Or all the great Australian posters...

Just sayin' mates.
    How about Sonic and Domino's themed appreciation nights?

Bender

Banned

Is this thread about Cena?

No?

Okay then.
    No, it's about Raw...which was what I was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Coco View Post
    Bret Hart has been in the background for two of Cena's best promos of the last year.

Don't hate. Appreciate.
    i'm not saying bret has no use in promo, but it will be just painful to see ryball breath his inner cough in every sentences and cena bringing 10 years straight 'never give up' promos. god help Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by No Quarter View Post
    No, it's about Raw...which was what I was talking about.
    It's just annoying that every thread has to turn into a Cena bitching session. I get it, he's stale, I won't even deny he's stale, but he's a part of the show and he's not going anywhere, learn to live with it or stop watching.

Bender

Banned

It's just annoying that every thread has to turn into a Cena bitching session. I get it, he's stale, I won't even deny he's stale, but he's a part of the show and he's not going anywhere, learn to live with it or stop watching.
    So you can say it about Bret but no one should say it about Cena? Nice logic. And one post isn't a bitching session, maybe you shouldn't take this shit so seriously.

Banned

In that spirit, I'm surprised you haven't learned to live with people bitching about Cena or stopped posting. It's not going anywhere either.

And that's all I have to say on that matter.

Regarding Bret, I'm not looking forward to people's attempts at wit based on a rapidly ageing meme. Hopefully someone can defy my expectations and actually elicit a grin from me.

Banned

They want to lift ratings and so they build an appreciation night around a guy who was never a big draw.

Ok.

I'm guessing this was gonna happen anyway, regardless of Raw falling back into the 2's last week.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KLockard23 View Post
    They want to lift ratings and so they build an appreciation night around a guy who was never a big draw.
    Once again, this is more for the fans in attendance than those watching on television. And if he happens to appear in a segment on television to lend his overness to some new school stars or feuds, so what? Is there really so much great material on Raw every week that a segment in Calgary can't be spared for Bret?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KLockard23 View Post

Ok.

I'm guessing this was gonna happen anyway, regardless of Raw falling back into the 2's last week.
    Pretty sure the Bret thing was gonna happen anyways, I doubt they are doing it for a ratings boost.

Bret Hart Appreciation Night? Sounds awesome to me!!

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

I had a feeling they were going to do this too. Especially since they're promoting special appearances by Shawn Michaels during the Alberta leg of the world tour.

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever."

Banned

Too bad Bret can't take a hit, a beatdown from The Shield would be a nice touch. With that said, they should still come out and let Ambrose cut a promo on him, then have Hell No come out for the save.

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

Well this won't help ratings at all, which is what this thread was supposed to be about I'm guessing.

But I'm gla ratings are bad... it a reflection of the piss poor product the E is putting on every week.

I hope the fall harder than ever, maybe that will force them to actually try again.

Shout out to Bender for the Bad Ass Bad News Banner!

Thread Information