Thread: Watching 'Best of In Your House'

Default Watching 'Best of In Your House'

And it's amazing! Goddamn they had amazing matches. Specially HBK, Bret hart and austin was the star of that era in both starpower and in-ring actions.
    and watching every HBK matches remind me of dolph ziggler in every aspect. WWE should try a face run with him. I think it'll be better than ADR's face turn atleast.

Also the quality of video is also great. Compared to previous releases from WWE classics. If anyone missed INY era like me please buy the DVD/blu-ray. You will definitely love it.

Default Re: Watching 'Best of In Your House'

Should join us in the history board 61zone, we were just discussing this set the other week and it definitely has a number of must-see WWE matches. Such as Mankind/Michaels, Michaels/Jarrett, Hart/Bulldog, Michaels/Diesel and the Canadian Stampede Team match.

How good was it to see Todd Pettingill?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    Should join us in the history board 61zone, we were just discussing this set the other week and it definitely has a number of must-see WWE matches. Such as Mankind/Michaels, Michaels/Jarrett, Hart/Bulldog, Michaels/Diesel and the Canadian Stampede Team match.

How good was it to see Todd Pettingill?
    oops, missed that thread i guess. It is very good to see Todd Pettingill although i had no idead till watching this DVD who he was .
    Also this DVD showed how much they cared about midcarder and the IC title. Nowadays became just a meh title

Banned

I already have most of the must-see stuff on other DVD sets. But if I didn't, I'd snatch this up in a heartbeat. That match list is fantastic. Some of the best matches in company history took place during this period. Forgotten gems. Lots of fun.

Banned

I just ordered that yesterday, should be awesome. IYH had tons of classic matches over the years.

Banned

Really wish I could compel some of the new school fans who missed this era to buy this set. It's got names they recognize, which will make the material more accessible to them than most old wrestling. And it's fucking brilliant.

Whoever gets Champ to open his wallet has my undying love!

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

People always accuse us old school fans of living in the past, but its hard not to when we got shows like that every month.

And remember Raw was only an hour during most of that time, until mid 97, so everything was better paced...feuds could go longer and not get stale, and matches were fresh because we didn't see the same people fight every week the way we do now.

Imagine the time, we went right from the IYH era to the Attitude Era without missing a beat, and on the other chanel WCW was still going strong.

Man shit sucks so much now compared to back then.

Shout out to Bender for the Bad Ass Bad News Banner!

Banned

I think you overstate just how good the pre-Attitude era was. But the best of that era was hard to match.

And for what it's worth, if wrestling fans were to only watch the PPVs from our current era, they'd probably find them to be mostly fantastic. Over-saturation of poor television is the real villain here.

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Coco View Post
    I think you overstate just how good the pre-Attitude era was. But the best of that era was hard to match.

And for what it's worth, if wrestling fans were to only watch the PPVs from our current era, they'd probably find them to be mostly fantastic. Over-saturation of poor television is the real villain here.
    No I don't overstate the quality of the pre attitude era, I'd take the one hour of action back then over the 3 hours of boredom of today, anytime.

And the stars were better back then so I'm not sure the PPVs of today would hold up all that well against the old PPVs either.

But over-saturation is a big problem now.

Shout out to Bender for the Bad Ass Bad News Banner!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BadNewsFan View Post
    No I don't overstate the quality of the pre attitude era, I'd take the one hour of action back then over the 3 hours of boredom of today, anytime.
    Of course. Because today we have to sit through lengthy Randy Orton matches multiple times a week. A product of over-saturation.

in your house dvd is good because of y2jman was there in person up in the rafters that is in your house 2 watching old hbk beating jeff jarrett ic title yes sir

I think the best stuff of the pre-Attitude/New Generation era holds up well against the best stuff from any time. It's the Mantaur's, Well Dunn's, King Mabel's and Bastion Booger's of the world that make people think less of that era.

Anyway, as we discussed in the history section, that IYH DVD has some of my all time favorite matches. Wrestling just doesn't get any better than the Canadian Stampede tag match imo.

I'll have to pick this up eventually. I've seen all the matches, and I have many of them lying around here on video somewhere. But it'll be cool to have them altogether in one set. Plus....Todd Pettengill!

Banned

Mantaur was fucking hilarious. I'd kill for something like that today.

Bastion Booger was awesome!!!!!!

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Coco View Post
    Mantaur was fucking hilarious. I'd kill for something like that today.
    Quote Originally Posted by milopo View Post
    Bastion Booger was awesome!!!!!!
    Fine.

Maybe I should have written "The New Generation gets a bad rap today because of *fill in your least favorite gimmick wrestlers*"

Just make sure it's not Goldust, Dean Douglas or Jean-Pierre Lafitte because dems fightin' words.

I may have to pick this up, the Taker set I've got Tombstone History of the Undertaker has some of his in your house matches and they were pretty damn cool. I'll add this to the never shrinking wrestling dvds to buy list.

Banned

Revenge of the Taker was a great match. Would have been a worthy addition to this set.

Of course I generally love Foley and Taker's work together.

Great line-up, but they need to release a Vol. 2

Michaels & Diesel Vs. Hart & Yokozuna - IYH 3

Hart Vs. Michaels - IYH6

Hart Vs. Diesel - IYH6

Ramon Vs. Vader - Good Friends, Better Enemies

Michaels Vs. Smith - Beware Of Dog

Michaels, Johnson, & Sid Vs. Vader, Hart, and Smith - International Incident

Goldust Vs. Mero - Buried Alive

Shamrock Vs. Vader - A Cold Day In Hell

Austin Vs. Undertaker - A Cold Day In Hell

Sasuke vs. Michinoku - Canadian Stampede

Austin Vs. Foley - Over The Edge

Edge Vs. Hart - Breakdown

Shamrock Vs. Undertaker - Backlash

Austin Vs. Maivia - Backlash

With that said, Hart Vs. Smith IYH > SummerSlam 1992. Austin Vs. Helmsley is a really good match! And I have fond memories of the first Last Man Standing match.

Looking at that match listing they had some really good people that were naming ppvs back then.

Thread Information