Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WWE.com Reporting Dolph Ziggler suffers concussion at Smackdown Taping

Default WWE.com Reporting Dolph Ziggler suffers concussion at Smackdown Taping

Straight from the mothership.

World Heavyweight Champion Dolph Ziggler suffered a concussion at Tuesday night’s SmackDown taping at N.C. State when he interfered in Big E Langston's bout with Jack Swagger. According to WWE physician Dr. Michael Sampson, Ziggler was injured during the early part of the fracas after a blow to the face. A post-match examination by WWE medical staff confirmed the injury.

“He [was] having some memory difficulties and a bit of a headache … he definitely has a concussion,” said Sampson. “We’re checking him out, and going to be doing neuropsychological testing and just keep it monitored.”

Though clinically Ziggler’s concussion was confirmed, the tests – which should yield results within the next couple of days – will provide WWE medical officials with a “baseline” from which to monitor The Showoff’s clinical and neuropsychological progress as time passes.

Check back with WWE.com for more updates on Ziggler’s condition.
    The Internet weeps today.

Spoiler

YOU WILL COMPLY.

Default Re: WWE.com Reporting Dolph Ziggler suffers concussion at Smackdown Taping

Doubt it's a work. If this is legit, I'm going to be a bit worried. You can't work with a concussion, much less a ladder match. I don't want it to end.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Also, I want to make it known that I am a proud Icecube.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

Default Re: WWE.com Reporting Dolph Ziggler suffers concussion at Smackdown Taping

I'm guessing it was from Swagger hitting him a ladder. If so, he was able to get up and dropkick Swagger immediately after. Hopefully he's alright for Extreme Rules, and I think he will be. Same guy who was in a car accident and then took those massive bumps at MITB last year

How long before the "SWAGGER IS RECKLESS!" discussion begins?!

surrender

T-minus 11 seconds, LS.
    I'm an Ice Cube.

He wasn't reckless... HE WAS HIGH!!!

Credit to BezerroBizarro from DeviantArt and Lony for Resisizing!
    http://bezerrobizarro.deviantart.com...oshi-163705876
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    0 days since a Cena fight. C'mon guys we need to at least get it up to two.
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=123457 THE KID VS DOSE MATCH IS ON!!!!

Banned

Wellllll...ballsacks.

Take out ziggler vacate the title and still have a triple threat match with Del Rio and Swagger and the returning Christian and either have Christian win it or Del Rio.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Christian? Im good.
    I'm an Ice Cube.

Just drop he world title and makethe Intercontinental title the mid-card/upper midcard title like it once was.

Greatest Champion Ever The Champ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MKPunk View Post
    Just drop he world title and makethe Intercontinental title the mid-card/upper midcard title like it once was.
    Haven't had THIS debate in a while...

And at Christian getting a non-joke World Heavyweight Title reign.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Sucks that Ziggler suffered a concussion but at least I just got to read some entertaining overreaction. I still like his chances of retaining at extreme rules.

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am then love me for something i'm not
    Come one, come three and sign up for PW King Of Trios http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=124872

PW Power 25 winner July 2014

The 2014 PW video game draft http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=124821

Poor guy, maybe he was never meant to be champion?

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

Quote Originally Posted by Oncall View Post
    Sucks that Ziggler suffered a concussion but at least I just got to read some entertaining overreaction. I still like his chances of retaining at extreme rules.
    Hey!

I said it could be a work! Okay no I didn't but still.
    I'm an Ice Cube.

Can't wait for this man to be our next champion...

HAYZE

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Suck if true that Dolph Ziggler got a concussion,but sense this happend on Tuesday night he still has what a dozen or so day before the PPV.Chances are pretty good he will be cleared to go as long as he's not a Sidney Crosby type guy.

If worse comes to worse just have Del Rio .Vs Swagger for the World Title in the ladder match,and as someone else posted you could always throw in Christian for "One More Match" and to spice up the match.Then who ever wins you have a built in storyline for Ziggler's return and could be even used to turn Ziggler face.

Or just change Del Rio vs. Swagger to a number one contenders match.

HAYZE

I blame the internet jerks who weren't sad enough upon hearing Cena was injured... karma is a cruel bitch.

Credit to BezerroBizarro from DeviantArt and Lony for Resisizing!
    http://bezerrobizarro.deviantart.com...oshi-163705876
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    0 days since a Cena fight. C'mon guys we need to at least get it up to two.
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=123457 THE KID VS DOSE MATCH IS ON!!!!

Update:

According to a source, there was talk earlier today about seeing if Vince McMahon wanted to pursue other options without Dolph Ziggler as World Heavyweight Champion after Ziggler suffered a legitimate concussion at last night's SmackDown taping. Vince felt that it would be premature to go down that road today, and there are no plans to alter current storylines based on Ziggler's concussion.

F4WOnline.com reported this evening that Ziggler has been removed from all in-ring bookings until he has passed an imPACT test indicating that he is healthy enough to perform.

Credit: http://www.WrestlingInc.com/wi/news/...dolph-ziggler/

And yet there are idiots who still make fun of wrestling & underestimate it.

Hope he's fine. Unless it's career-ending serious i doubt he'll drop the belt. Even if he's not cleared for Extreme Rules I bet they just change it to a #1 Contender's Match like Champ said.

In the meantime...

Banned

Odd. I was expecting this report after Del Rio landed on Ziggler's head Monday night. That was a scary moment.

I agree that concussions should be handled well and fine but I can totally see them having Dolph get wounded from chest down, have him sell an Ankle Lock AND ADR's submission and have him wiped out for much of the match with Swags/ADR battling back and forth only for Ziggler to jump out of nowhere when everyone is out and take the belt off the ladder. Keeps his "Fluke" type of storyline with the belt going and prevents him from sustaining damage to his head.

- Justin Valuable

Blindy's V&G Reviews: Shovel Knight
    Next:

Saw an interesting idea on Twitter. If Ziggler won't be cleared, why not have Big E in the match for Ziggler? Big E wins, Ziggler retains. It gets E over and it keeps the belt on Ziggler.

There is precedent. Orton represented Booker years ago during the best of series for the US Title against Benoit.

Just hand the title to Fandango and have Fandango v Jericho in an extreme ballroom dancefloor match for the title.
    - Credit: Bender -

Notice me, Maddox Senpai Falcone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    Saw an interesting idea on Twitter. If Ziggler won't be cleared, why not have Big E in the match for Ziggler? Big E wins, Ziggler retains. It gets E over and it keeps the belt on Ziggler.

There is precedent. Orton represented Booker years ago during the best of series for the US Title against Benoit.
    I can see something like this happening, but unofficially. Ziggler is still in the match, but Big E does all the work for him, until eventually, Ziggler takes a bump or two, stays down, and manages to sneak a win at the end.

Thread Information