Thread: Paul Bearer to be inducted into the 2014 Hall of Fame

Default Paul Bearer to be inducted into the 2014 Hall of Fame

The Sun:

WWE have confirmed that legendary wrestling manager Paul Bearer will be inducted into their Hall of Fame in 2014.

Bearer, real name William Moody, passed away earlier this year at the age of 58.During his long and distinguished wrestling career, Moody was pivotal in the creation, delivery and performances of The Undertaker – helping turn his protege into one of the greatest stars in the history of the business.

As well as playing a crucial role in Taker’s career, Bearer also managed his storyline brother Kane, Mick ‘Mankind’ Foley and a number of other wrestlers, both in WWE and on the independent circuit. His presence at ringside with an urn and his eerie look and vocal delivery were perfect and harked back to the much missed wrestling managers of old.

After leaving the screen, Moody stayed faithful to WWE – working backstage and making media and personal appearances. The 2014 Hall of Fame event will take place the day before WrestleMania 30. Speculation is rife as to who will induct Paul Bearer, with many speculating that Undertaker will break character to deliver a heartfelt speech. Moody’s long-time friend and current WWE creative head honcho Michael Hayes and Vince McMahon himself are also in the running.
    Awesome.

-surrender-

All We Have is Right Now The Champ's Avatar

Default Re: Paul Bearer to be inducted into the 2014 Hall of Fame

Jeez, a little early to be announcing an induction for next year.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Very early but let's be honest, announcement or not, this always a definite.

surrender

Banned

I predict either Mick Foley or Michael Hayes will induct him.

I said it in the other thread. It HAS to be Taker.

OK, and seriously, why can't Mark Calaway (not the Undertaker) induct Paul/Percy/William next year? I think that this is a legitimate option. It would certainly go down well with everybody, well, me anyway. After all, the HoF is about reality, not about kayfabe, and Mark, as a showing of respect towards William would be the ultimate show of respect.

Norm

Eww, The Sun. Disgusting, disgusting paper. It annoys me that so many wrestlers have done interviews with them, if only they knew.

"Did you hear the one about the man, who can't be destroyed?"

I agree it is too early for the E to be confirming this but as LS said, it's not like there was anyone who didn't expect it to happen. I would be absolutely fine with Taker inducting Paul out of character. I don't know why it would be a problem for anyone. Wasn't the American Badass character pretty much just Mark with the volume turned up? No matter who does the induction, Taker has to be a part of the induction in some way.

All We Have is Right Now The Champ's Avatar

If they're so obsessed with Taker keeping character that he can't even induct Paul fucking Bearer, what's gonna happen at his own induction?

Is Kane just going to talk for a bit and then the urn shows up on Taker's behalf?

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

the last thing at Bearers induction has to be taker wishing paul to rest in peace. (sincerely)

at the very least taker can do this surely...
    "Everyone back to my trailer for pot pies and mountain dew" - Kevin Nash

Thread Information